Praenomen Combat

Hello,

I'm new to combat and I'm looking for some pointers on basic combat. I'm not a coder or anything so with that in mind, I'd like some advice. For those of you who don't code but do combat how do you typically handle your offense? Should I be creating in game aliases for my attacks or client side, or is it fairly easy to make combat scripts?
Unofficial Founder of the Cult of Tiur

Comments

• Hi Mordion! Combat scripts for group fighting are generally simpler than people assume - a big string of if/then statements can do the trick! Your best bet is going to be connecting with people via your tether's combat clan (ours is called Research, since you're Praenomen), and generally there'll be somebody who'd be willing to help. I know I'm usually up for talking combat a bit. Also, there's currently some effort going into providing some basic code for group fighting, so getting involved in PK should become much less daunting soon-ish.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

Kelliara
  • @Vyxsis has hit the nail on the head.

As someone who had no coding experience before I started playing Aetolia, I can assure you that there are some players who are super helpful, and happy to help you learn the basics you'd need to cobble together something that will pass in group combat. Not that I'm an expert, but compared to where I was, I might as well be on a different planet, so to speak. (And I <3 you all. You know who you are!)

After that it's a matter of just trial and error a little bit. It's surprisingly fun/frustrating/elating/depressing to fiddle with!
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
  • def echoing @Kelliara - i started playing january of last year, and i had no prior coding (or even MUD) experience whatsoever. whether i should be considered a pk success case is something i'll leave others to decide, but i can tell you with complete certainty that i've written numerous scripts that run as intended! it's completely doable even without experience!
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

Kelliara