Old Aetolia Player...Should I come back?

KalinaarKalinaar Member Posts: 53 ✭✭
Hi Everyone,

I'm considering coming back to Aetolia but I had some questions first. Last time I played it was kinda discouraging because it seemed almost mandatory to have a "system". Is this still the case, or has the mud changed in some way? Are there any free systems that are efficient if not?

Next question, my character was a sentaari monk (sensei) when last I played which I thoroughly enjoyed. I recall something about being able to leave your guild and keep your class. Is this still a thing? Sorry for the vague question but it's been about 3 years or so since last I was active.

And last, I mostly intend to do pve stuff and perhaps try a new class. Is this possible on the same character or should I make a brand new character in order to experience another class?

Thanks in advance for anyone who reads this and answers!

-Kalinaar

Best Answers

Answers

• KalinaarKalinaar Member Posts: 53 ✭✭
    Thank you Teani for a very thorough and helpful answer! I wasn't aware of the server side curing system but that has DEFINITELY convinced me to come back. :)

Thanks again!
  • RhyotRhyot BloodlochMember Posts: 229 ✭✭✭
    Kalinaar said:

And last, I mostly intend to do pve stuff and perhaps try a new class. Is this possible on the same character or should I make a brand new character in order to experience another class?

-Kalinaar

When it comes to PVE, there are some classes that are far better at it than others.

When it comes to Spirit tether: Templar and Sentinels seem to be the go to for tankability/dps.

When it comes to Shadow tether: Teradrim is the absolute best with Carnifex coming in at a firm second. Any other class is garbage at PVE with shadow tether.

Keep in mind, you can make the other various classes viable in PVE if you decide to invest a few thousand credits into various artifacts, but if you can't... the above classes will get you the best results for PVE.