The Feast of All Avarice -- Meta Post

This is a behind-the-scenes version of Public News post 6159, without the RP over it. Because sometimes it's just easier to speak directly and communicate ideas!

So basically. The Order of Chakrasul is throwing an in-universe Valentine's Day party. Expect random gifts of chocolate and flowers, from all your favorite (and least-favorite) vampires and Sciomancers! This is a fully player-run event, so a lot of it is flexible, or being made up as we go.

Every week in February, we're going to be holding a small mini-event for the Congregation's members. Some of these will interact with broader Sapience, some of them will be for the Congregation only. Either way, we hope to encourage everyone to go out and roleplay outside, and give people in Aetolia a small way of participating in the holiday that we normally don't get.

Valentine's Day isn't everyone's thing, though, which is part of why we're doing this as a 4-week long series of tiny mini-events. That way people can dip their attention in and out, as they feel like it. By the same token, feel free to have all your other various organizations participate in this to whatever degree you like. I fully expect interest to ebb and flow over the month; no one's expected to be as invested one week as they are in the next.

Anywho, I just thought I'd leave this up if people have questions, concerns, or comments that can't be easily expressed through the in-fiction conversations.

ShachalaiVyxsisMarienaNils

Comments

• Thank you for making this sort of OOC, logistics-based post. This is extremely helpful information for me, and I probably never would have asked otherwise. Posts like these are a good idea that I'd love to see done for other events in the future.
    Mariena
  • KodazaKodaza Los Angeles
    Oh yes, I should point out that I'm on the US west coast, so while I'll try to make use of the DATE command, assume the latest possible time on everything for you people farther east than me.

Mini-event #2!!

It's a secret.

Beginning now, Callidora and I will be taking sign ups for a gift exchange among us. Volunteer your name, and you are stepping forward to receive a present during the Feast-days that we know you will love. But as you are satisfied, so must you satisfy! We will expect you to give a present as well.

When we have our list of willing names, we will secretly assign you a random target from among your fellows. You will then use your wits to uncover what your target's greatest desires are, and find (or create, if you wish) an object that represents them and satisfies them. Be thoughtful in this, because someone else you do not know is also secretly targeting you, planning out your own gift in return.

...Santa! It's a secret Santa.

We're using fancy RP-talk to put a Corrupt spin on it, but the actual goal is simple and familiar. Put your name in the hat, and then pick out someone else's name! Get that person something nice. Meanwhile, someone else will pick out your name, so you'll get a present too.

We need a decent amount of sign-ups for this event to really take off, but once we have some volunteers, I'll put those names in a numbered non-alphabetical list, then use Random.org to help assign your Secret Santa partners.

TeaniVyxsis
    Mini-event #3:

• Kodaza said:

Mini-event #2!!

It's a secret.

Beginning now, Callidora and I will be taking sign ups for a gift exchange among us. Volunteer your name, and you are stepping forward to receive a present during the Feast-days that we know you will love. But as you are satisfied, so must you satisfy! We will expect you to give a present as well.

When we have our list of willing names, we will secretly assign you a random target from among your fellows. You will then use your wits to uncover what your target's greatest desires are, and find (or create, if you wish) an object that represents them and satisfies them. Be thoughtful in this, because someone else you do not know is also secretly targeting you, planning out your own gift in return.

...Santa! It's a secret Santa.

We're using fancy RP-talk to put a Corrupt spin on it, but the actual goal is simple and familiar. Put your name in the hat, and then pick out someone else's name! Get that person something nice. Meanwhile, someone else will pick out your name, so you'll get a present too.

We need a decent amount of sign-ups for this event to really take off, but once we have some volunteers, I'll put those names in a numbered non-alphabetical list, then use Random.org to help assign your Secret Santa partners.
    If I don't get matched with @Zaila she's going to be soooo disappointed she doesn't get that bouquet of eyeballs. Just saying.
    KodazaZaila