Mage Revamp Lies. LIES.

Comments

• I just caught myself checking this thread daily to see if Tiur updated/edited the main topic. Watching the numbers go up to 100% is like a whole nother version of the line ride.

• TiurTiur Producer
    I'm glad someone does that! I'm trying to keep up. We hit a snag with Sciomancy, but we might be past it... here's hoping.
    Eliadon
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    Tiur said:

I'm glad someone does that! I'm trying to keep up. We hit a snag with Sciomancy, but we might be past it... here's hoping.

:( Sorry I'm not vocal about it, but most of this thread's view count is me constantly checking in, sometimes multiple times every 5 minutes >.> So, so ready for this update.
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

• RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    Tiur said:

We got past it by deciding to just delete Sciomancers.
    ValdusEowynArbreVyxsisRunas
  • EliadonEliadon Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    Excellentttttttttt
    EmirVyxsisRunasHaven
  • Yeah great, Eliadon can honestly say he's a better mage than me now.
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
    VyxsisEliadonRunasHaven
  • EliadonEliadon Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    Hard not to be when you don't actually play. 8)
    Emir
  • Technically Eliadon plays...hes just in his haven all the time buried in his own code.
    -so...one point for Gryffindor I suppose.
    Eliadon
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Still beating on the Sciomancy wall. Just so that you know, we test Shadowprice mechanics and people just die. So we're abandoning that style of thing and moving on. This means there are a lot of holes in the skillset and design.

Turns out a squishy class should NOT GIVE UP 5% HP on each eq loss. It's just... yeah.
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    edited December 2017
    ...jesus. I was imagining something like '5% max HP gone for 5% damage increase' or something of the sort, not a constant, recurring loss.

Hi.

Satomi
  • I kinda figured it'd be sort of like.. you give yourself a buff that takes 5%-10% of your hp, but strengthens your skills as a result. Sort of like how Archivists can take a hit to get that extra Bio point.

5% hp per balance makes my insides cringe. Best of luck :)

• TiurTiur Producer
    I knooooow, I suck. We're changing it completely. The idea was that you could swap the verb for casting to add a 5% hp hit + 100 mana, then get added effects/extra damage. You could also pre do it a few times to stack it up.

The point was to balance risk reward. The result was -ded-
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    But...but I don't like -ded-. Unless you follow that with Ascendril. Then I like -ded- Ascendril.

>.>

Still can't wait for finished revamp.

Hi.

• edited December 2017
    Whelp one question to bear in mind is why should the sciomancer himself or his allies pay the prices if his enemy is right in front of him? So long as stays in the shadowy presence of a sciomancer, concepts like turning the very source of his power back on his enemy seems to fit the theme quite well while shadows slowly siphon more and more to empower their abilities. The idea of build-up all coming crashing down in a creshendo should the person escape your shadowy entwine fits nice and snug.

While I am sad at the loss of the shadow minion, could the concept of the very shadow a sciomancer be used for utilitarian purposes? Shadow being sent as a spy, delivery of items, secret words and voice in darkness, own shadow as wings for flight/dodge purposes, enwraping body in a encasement of darkness, a blurred image of a shadowy clone to displace where you really are. All provided by one's own shadow even during the day lighted hours and being separated from one's own shadow for long periods of time can weaken a person till its returned and reunited. I have always wanted to draw-in some minor intelligence so our own shadow could become possessed to provide the shadow master with some small purpose. Learning greater power over darkness should always have its costs for pacts with darkness.

An if gravity ever becomes a real thing to manipulate for scios.....Pinball Wizards ^.~
  • TiurTiur Producer
    I literally just coded shadelings back in.

Also, I am now having to rego back into Gravitation and add in more pinball things.
  • The band The Police would be so proud.

I always giggle thinking lifting someone around a city like Spinesreach bouncing like crazy all over the place when you kick'em ^^ an when the spires get hit they ring and chime. Any people or things reacting to with variations of speed increases and decreases then using the staff like a baseball bat to keep'em going a lil bit longer! Of course the magic wears off eventually....hopefully(( chance based on afflictions? )) while high up in the air for the finality of a head-splat.

The shadeling never had much power because it came from inside of the body of a sciomancer. (( least cosmetically showing )) Limited to a singular purpose, it could expand the powers and limits further is always the idea of having a shadow in the first place.
  • edited December 2017
    Tiur said:

Still beating on the Sciomancy wall. Just so that you know, we test Shadowprice mechanics and people just die. So we're abandoning that style of thing and moving on. This means there are a lot of holes in the skillset and design.

Turns out a squishy class should NOT GIVE UP 5% HP on each eq loss. It's just... yeah.

It is quite sad to hear Shadowprice is going off. Kinda I liked its sacrificial nature it promised.

Perhaps some adjustments around it would be possible? Such as;

-Afflictions which nullify or reduce casting health cost. So sticking them will provide strategical advantage as you mount offense.
    -Passive ability to siphon health from enemy.
    -Passive ability to siphon health from ally. Difference is from enemy you get 1:1 health ratio. From allies you get 1:2.
    -Constitution affecting skills such as reducing their health prices. Because fixed 5% will effectively nullify any Con investment.

All in all, Sciomancy is dangerous, even for coders! One misstep and...

Keep up good work.
  • So, how's it going?
  • KynaKyna Victoria, Australia
    edited December 2017
    I would suggest asking again tomorrow. I even offered him cookies. I don’t share cookies usually! Even they didn’t brighten him up. Instead he almost exploded me from the bathtub that he is currently weeping in.

In all (mostly) seriousness, the whole team (of coders) are working so hard to make this just right! It is at the point that the finer details are being ironed out before testing phase.

A lot of our attention is currently stretched across the 470 Celebrations and Celesmas, so although the class stuff is still moving, we just want to ensure the right amount of effort is put into these, active, events, too! And let’s not forget, it’s the silly season! All of us are preparing our bodies for the feasts to come to then have our families roll us out. 

Tl;dr Almost at testing. Active events getting the most focus. Holidays are coming. Winter is here (unless you’re from Australia, like me!)
    TiurKelliaraCaolan
  • Gdi Razmael you leave Tiur alone or I swear to God there will be a reckoning.
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
    Vyxsis
  • ahem @Razmael

Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

• BOTTOM TEXT
    Zaila
  • TiurTiur Producer
    New affliction: Nyctophobia.

Guess what it does?
    Teani
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    Tiur said:

New affliction: Nyctophobia.

Guess what it does?

...*googles*

OOoooooo.... :D

Hi.

• AxiusAxius where I am
    fear of the dark, is what I'm guessing.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    fear of smokers
  • Causes the afflicted to always forget the third word of a three word passphrase at important moments. Such as when retrieving ancient evil tomes and preventing armies of the dead from awakening.
    By the divine might of Omei, you are restored to life.
    Omei gives the corpse of a headless cadaver to you.
    Omei offers you a quick wink.

ZailaTiur
  • TiurTiur Producer
    And now @Pazradym has made anything I actually do way less cool. I should have thought of that.
    Pazradym
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    This just made me realize it's been too long since I listened to Iron Maiden

This discussion has been closed.