Short Questions

Comments

• Psst. Just change them to be a physical location that you go to, leaving a tether behind. Then you can WREST the TETHER and life makes sense again. :(

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Erzsebet
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    (Ie how it is now)
  • Aishia said:

(Ie how it is now)

Except right now it's some weird 'your body doesn't leave you do' thing, so far as I'm aware? Did I miss a change?

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Nah I was referring to how it works mechanically fitting the description.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    I'm all for personally deleting havens and never seeing them return. But alas! I understand how players might be too attached to them at this point. If you were to remove havens, not sure what'd be comparable to a free house. Maybe consider lowering prices for actual houses?

¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    TeaniAishiaAxiusKalakIshinXenia
  • Honestly, havens are a sort of thing that...well, no one really was asking for it before it happened but now that people have them the vast majority would be angry if they were removed. I think the best solution is to change the 'lore' of them a bit, like @Toz said - it was always a physical demiplane you went to before rather than simply a mind-space like it is now. Just make it that again, and keep a way to wrest people back. Even if the 'shell' message is changed to make it more obvious that it's actually a physical place. I mean, there's too many things that don't make sense with it being a weird mind-space like it is now.

ZailaAishiaErzsebetMarienaNolaAxius
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I'd prefer if they were nuked. <.<

AishiaErzsebetLinIshinHaven
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    I'd prefer if they were -kept-, honestly. I like being able to enter my haven within my locked office in the game when I need a few seconds to run off and do something but it's not gonna be longer than fifteen minutes.
  • Haven said:

I'm all for personally deleting havens and never seeing them return. But alas! I understand how players might be too attached to them at this point. If you were to remove havens, not sure what'd be comparable to a free house. Maybe consider lowering prices for actual houses?

three things

1) seems easy to call for deleting havens as somebody who chronically afks in an area literally no one without lumi can get to
    2) at least in achaea, it's feasible to buy a house with gold thanks to the subdivision map system. i wouldn't mind that - actually, i'd like that, but i'm a little reticent to delete havens before seeing it implemented
    3) havens are good. delete haven.

thanks for reading
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

HavenSigmund
  • Having a haven is a big part of the reason I've dragged 20 out of 22 alts to endgame.

I'm with Toz. They don't need to be nuked, just make it a tether instead of a shell and nix the 'it's headspace' nonsense that makes no sense and go back to the 'you're on another plane' logic, with a tether to the prime material plane that can be used to jerk your ass down again.
    imageimage
    AxiusXenia
  • edited November 2017
    There is no reason to change the lore behind the Havens. It can be rather amusing to RP them as a mental space after all...sure it sucks for those who RP physical stuff but then how you can justify house prices being that high? You cannot.

The paragon approach would be to allow both styles to be chosen, attempting to make everyone happy (tether or mental space)

The neutral approach would be to let things remain as it is.

The renegade approach would be to delete all Havens and making houses far less pricey to acquire.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    They've already lowered the price of houses once - the first room costs the same, but the price of stone vs the cost in credits is quite a bit lower for additional rooms.

As much as I love my haven, I wouldn't complain too terribly badly if it were deleted.
    ZailaTeani
  • This wouldn't be a change to the lore behind Havens so much as restoring the lore to what it was before it was arbitrarily changed.

ZailaVyxsisAishiaTeaniErzsebet
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    I'm on the side of deleting havens. Sure, I like my haven because I have end/wp/mana/hp regen with training room and a plethora of other bonuses that it's essentially a super room. But it's by far unnecessary. If you truly wanted a place to stay to afk/privately rp/talk/etc, you can always utilize your Development Minister and obtain an apartment within the city. Or buy a house deed and get a house, or sit in a guildhall or whatever and do your thing.

In my opinion, havens merely offer another safety net for people who want safety nets. I don't think we need more safety nets, I think we need less.

SessizlikHavenTeani
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Vyxsis said:

three things 1) seems easy to call for deleting havens as somebody who chronically afks in an area literally no one without lumi can get to 2) at least in achaea, it's feasible to buy a house with gold thanks to the subdivision map system. i wouldn't mind that - actually, i'd like that, but i'm a little reticent to delete havens before seeing it implemented 3) havens are good. delete haven. thanks for reading
    @Vyxsis I cannot tell if you're joking or not.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Vyxsis
  • Haven said:

Vyxsis said:

Haven said:

three things

1) seems easy to call for deleting havens as somebody who chronically afks in an area literally no one without lumi can get to
    2) at least in achaea, it's feasible to buy a house with gold thanks to the subdivision map system. i wouldn't mind that - actually, i'd like that, but i'm a little reticent to delete havens before seeing it implemented
    3) havens are good. delete haven.

thanks for reading
    @Vyxsis I cannot tell if you're joking or not.

(that's usually the goal)

>:3c
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

• KasimirKasimir Clearwater, FL
    http://oldforums.aetolia.com/

This doesn't seem to work anymore. There another way to access?
  • Are there any plans to update Firstaid with the cures for the new afflictions?
  • RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    Which aren't in it?
  • edited December 2017
    @Razmael a few of the new ones seem to be missing like patterns was, latix, blisters, effuse blood.. to name a few of top of my head.

Also question: ARE tells now OOC in any format? As im getitng pretty annoyed at people thinking tells are OOC ... unless specified .. I just want to clerify I've not missed the Memo!
    MayhemHunting - Discord Chat - CLANHELP MAY (ingame)

• ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    Tells are absolutely considered IC unless otherwise indicated.  (With various forms of forward slashes/parenthesis/ simply stating "OOC:", etc,)

Some players are a bit bad about keeping OOC tells specified as OOC - but they are the exception; and unless they're noobs, they should know better.

You didn't miss a memo
  • clearly I did, as I had a ICchat in tells with a stranger.. never spoke to before, which I thought was IC but turns out was OOC and I'm the dumb one.. I wish people had common sense most days :(

• ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    What you do when that happens is politely OOCly point out that tells are IC unless noted otherwise and apologize that you'll have to assume that the conversation had, indeed, been IC and then react accordingly IC about how their character is apparently insane. The more insistently IC you are, the more they'll follow suit.
    Teani
  • Zaila said:

What you do when that happens is politely OOCly point out that tells are IC unless noted otherwise and apologize that you'll have to assume that the conversation had, indeed, been IC and then react accordingly IC about how their character is apparently insane. The more insistently IC you are, the more they'll follow suit.

I did, I asked if hes talking ooc or icly.. say in tell x ooc: is that ic or ooc that tell?"

where I got insulted, in tells icly (since never told me it was ooc) and was called dumb etc...

Its why I was double checking TELLS are ic unless ooc: verb etc or whatnot .. I thought i was the one going senial,

• Okay so I don't mean to ruin the spirit of the surprise or whatever, but can someone please message me what the shopfox (the overburdened fox) does? The announce post hints at a super secret interaction and I'm bad at figuring things out for myself.

Thank you! <3
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Delete havens.

Also on a note about clans and tells and IC/OOC...technically anything that happens in the game or is said by the game etcetera is 'in-character'. Accepting something said, even on a clan or a tell marked OOC, -as- OOC is by mutual agreement between the two players. It's one of the reasons I really dislike being in a lot of high-traffic OOC clans and/or rarely talk in them. I like to settle my shit in-character.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    SofielSigmund
  • Ishin said:

Delete havens.

I'm protesting havens by not creating one. I'll just AFK at the Inner Gate like everyone else.
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Mharduz said:

Ishin said:

Delete havens.

I'm protesting havens by not creating one. I'll just AFK at the Inner Gate like everyone else.
    Our room database thanks you
    Mharduz
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I'll make an extra room in my haven for every person who says they're not gunna make a haven.
    DidiVyxsisSaritaXavinArbre