Fluff Skills

2»

Comments

• For Syssin:

Being able to disguise themselves as non-unique NPC's temporarily, allowing temporary bypassing of enemy-status in NPC controlled areas and other fun RP Shenanigans.

Drops on aggression, and if caught causes local npcs to become aggressive.
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
    RunasZailaXavinTeaniXenia
  • Kelliara said:

Lin said:

Xavin said:

@Lin Isn't there already a bone-reading skill in the shaman skill tree that uses corpses?

It shows you whether or not they have you allied/enemied, and their health if they're in the area with you. I mean something neat and flavorful that'll give predictions of the future!
    "According to your entrails, you're going to be disemboweled and your entrails used to divine your fate."
    this is just Vivisect tho
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

• I'd like for Carnifex to be able to wrestle in a manner similar to how Psycombat work.

You can then attach this system to the Fitness skillset, like how Philosophy lets you use Psycombat.

You can also give this skill to another physical class on the lighter side. If you want. Like how Mentis and Telepathy both get Psycombat.

VashXenia
  • Going along with what @Satomi said, you could make it a selunic thing, so sentinels, templars and carnifex can wrestle each other to establish dominance
    (mechanically, sentinels would need to be listed as top tier, since Huwald was the best seluno :wink:)
    SibattiXenia
  • Caolan said:

Going along with what @Satomi said, you could make it a selunic thing, so sentinels, templars and carnifex can wrestle each other to establish dominance
    (mechanically, sentinels would need to be listed as top tier, since Huwald was the best seluno :wink:)

I-is there oil involved....
    VyxsisCamille
  • Caolan said:
    Going along with what @Satomi said, you could make it a selunic thing, so sentinels, templars and carnifex can wrestle each other to establish dominance (mechanically, sentinels would need to be listed as top tier, since Huwald was the best seluno :wink:)
    Be a nice change of pace from Templar being mechanically superior!

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

RijettaVyxsis
  • I think Shadow players deserve their own special emote called "ShadowVegan". Much like a vegan will let you know they're a vegan without asking, you'll never hear the end of Templar OP talk.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    XeniaRunasZailaVyxsisCamilleLin
  • edited October 2017
    I'd like to see the return of Terramancy stalagmites in some fashion.

Not in the same capacity as its previous incarnation, of course, but for something as simple as a room description line or an "x was here." Something like "wicked stalagmites protrude from the ground, thrumming with earthen power." Maybe let it provide a small passive endurance regen to help cope with huge endurance drain on Tera bashing?

Even better, make it usable as some kind of ritual tool. Or maybe make it work like tarot hermit, where you can return to it. Restrict it to if you've been out of combat for 30 seconds with a 5 second channel time. Though all of that likely goes beyond the scope of this thread.

Edits: fixed some wording, and realized that bashing drains willpower, not endurance.
  • Make people skilled at Illumination or Elemancy better able to withstand cold temperatures. Could make Xoran better at weathering the heat, but worse at standing the cold, too.
  • @Karhast Ascendril already have an ability that protects them from colder temperatures! The heat vibration also has a chance to protect against abilities that may freeze. Sciomancers get a vibration that does the same but for hot temperatures and igniting abilities.

• DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Totally late to the party, but having the Carnifex be able to do military drill actions. Recruits standing in formation, dressing down, etc.

Example:

Toz bellows loudly, "Dress right, DRESS!"

Recruit 1 lifts their right arm outward and shuffles their feet into perfect alignment with Recruit 2.

Toz bellows loudly, "Ready, TO!"

Recruit 1 and Recruit 2 snap to attention.

Toz bellows even louder, "Present, ARMS!"

Recruit 1 and Recruit 2 deftly left their halberds straight up off the ground and present the weapons for inspection.

Toz glares at Recruit 2 and screams loudly in their face, "Why is your weapon not prepared for inspection, maggot? This pathetic excuse for a blade is duller than your wit!" Toz jam's his hammer into the gut of Recruit 2 and they double over with a wince.

Toz practically screams, "Back at attention, recruit!"

Recruit 2 snaps back to attention.

Toz yells at a vein-popping volume, "Right shoulder, ARMS!"

Recruit 2 fumbles the maneuver and drops their halberd to the ground with a clatter.

*Recruit 2 has failed Toz for the first and last time.

End Example.

I figured it might act like the katas in Tekura where you can eventually master them and not incur the wrath of Toz.
    XeniaArbreZailaIshin
  • edited November 2017
    Demarcus said:

Totally late to the party, but having the Carnifex be able to do military drill actions. Recruits standing in formation, dressing down, etc.

Example:

Toz bellows loudly, "Dress right, DRESS!"

Recruit 1 lifts their right arm outward and shuffles their feet into perfect alignment with Recruit 2.

Toz bellows loudly, "Ready, TO!"

Recruit 1 and Recruit 2 snap to attention.

Toz bellows even louder, "Present, ARMS!"

Recruit 1 and Recruit 2 deftly left their halberds straight up off the ground and present the weapons for inspection.

Toz glares at Recruit 2 and screams loudly in their face, "Why is your weapon not prepared for inspection, maggot? This pathetic excuse for a blade is duller than your wit!" Toz jam's his hammer into the gut of Recruit 2 and they double over with a wince.

Toz practically screams, "Back at attention, recruit!"

Recruit 2 snaps back to attention.

Toz yells at a vein-popping volume, "Right shoulder, ARMS!"

Recruit 2 fumbles the maneuver and drops their halberd to the ground with a clatter.

*Recruit 2 has failed Toz for the first and last time.

End Example.

I figured it might act like the katas in Tekura where you can eventually master them and not incur the wrath of Toz.

Actually this is something we used to do in the Carnifex just as RP! I love the idea.

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    @Demarcus You totally just took me back to the parade deck at Parris Island, bruh.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    JamiDemarcus
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    Used to do something similar when I had my Daru. Had my system start a Kata with a newbie/novice to do it alongside them, halting on their failure lines if needed.
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

Haven
  • Teradrim:

Teradrimsalute; some sort of headbutt to the skull of another Teradrim. Alternately... could have an epic teradrim
    fistbump pre-defined emote :smiley:

EARTH DIG: A skill that we actually had before at one point that allowed us to dig without a shovel. I don't think it
    too much to ask for it again :smiley:

Teradrimrumble: Some sore of pre-defined emote that makes the ground shake in earthen environments.

Another idea I have had for a long time is some way to make temporary earthen furniture such as very rudimentary
    chairs, tables, etc. that disappear after a small amount of time. Idea is that they can only be made in earthen
    environments and would have features of that specific environment, rock for mountains and caves, sandstone for
    deserts, etc. Stuff that can be interacted with just as regular furniture but lasts only for like 20 minutes or
    something and can only have one up per teradrim at a time. Might be asking too much but I have been just
    emoting this kind of stuff for years and think it would be an awesome bit of fluff for the class.

More ideas to come!
    Avatar of Fyrren drawn by the amazing Sessizlik.
    Kelliara
  • For Sciomancers:

Shadow Puppets. 'nuff said.
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
    Swara
  • RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal

AishiaZailaFyrrenKelliaraArbre
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    What is that? A sheep?
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Ishin said:

@Demarcus You totally just took me back to the parade deck at Parris Island, bruh.

:-)

Dem Drill Sergeants, eh?

Also, Templars can have the DRILL skill too. Seems legit.
  • I think in general the ability to play with one's skills in a common sense 'well if i can move objects with my mind i should be able to make them float or zoom to my hand' is something that should be done with all classes. Even with the Archivists there's believable rp to be able to move things with one's abilities or mind.

One particular thing I'd like to see is Archivists being able to emblazon the numbers or symbols on things as warnings like 'do not touch' or 'explosive' or 'poisonous' considering all the experimentation they do. Maybe make particular symbols to attach to things that show up in a deep red as warning before touching certain things or entering a certain room.
    Kelliara