The Imperial Dominion of the Consanguine

2»

Comments

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    In some way, all these postings here make my mind scream "forum RP". It's one thing to raise concerns, another to discuss game politics, viable candidates, etc.. It feels like most of this should be discussed ICly, but maybe that's just me.

Erzsebet
  • QendylQendyl Colorado, USA
    Teani said:

In some way, all these postings here make my mind scream "forum RP". It's one thing to raise concerns, another to discuss game politics, viable candidates, etc.. It feels like most of this should be discussed ICly, but maybe that's just me.

The people bitching and whining here have already bitched and whined ICly and received the answers ICly. The only reason they're doing it here is cause they feel if they bitch and whine here, they'll get answers from a divine or some shit. Basically, they're worthless and not doing shit for anything ICly, so they brought it to a public forum.
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    edited September 2017
    Au contraire mon cherie.

I don't do forum RP. I've asked my questions ICly and got decent enough answers. Now, they weren't answers that I particularly liked or got them in a timely enough manner to like them, but I did get them. All I'm doing is trying to bring up various avenues to get everything sorted out, because despite what I come across as and despite what people think about me, I really do care about BL and the Dominion and Houses.

The idea that all this posting is done because we just want to bitch and whine until an admin steps in is ludicrous and laughable. Neither Erz nor myself are attacking each other and we are having a decent conversation and throwing ideas/answers to each other to our various points WITHOUT getting angry. The forums serve a purpose to do that, especially when you don't associate much IC (though I really have no idea why Erz doesn't ever want to talk to Rhyot, but I just deal with it).

KelliaraVashErzsebetKodaza
  • I...sort of feel like the admin have given their answer through @Antehe. That is, the choice is figure out a way to compromise and make it work or else houses will be on the chopping block. But maybe that's just my interpretation.

• Think this is one of the most civil conversations we've ever had, in fact. :p Well. Not OOCly suppose.

It's becoming abundantly clear that the admin have no intentions of stepping in until they can say 'yep, you guys wrecked your houses, so now there are no more', and justify it to a pissed off playerbase by blaming us.

Which. I'm okay with them not stepping in--this is an IC problem and can be handled IC, they don't really need to step in, though I think lowering it to 3/5 would make life infinitely easier and less stressful for the HLs. Though I would still like more clarity on exactly when a Primus falls out of the bloodline. Because of the stunt Trager pulled, we still don't know.
    imageimage
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    As for me on why I started this Discussion, it was a means to offer solutions for the concept of the Dominion that can only be raised in an OOC manner. Much like a Town Hall meeting about various aspects of the game, at least this was my intention.

I think it is clear we all care about the Dominion and Houses, or we wouldnt spend so much time posting here and ICly working on stuff as well.
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • To clarify, I am not posting as voice of the Pools, it was merely a question for consideration.

There are a lot of tools and political maneuverings available in game and in character. The power is definitely within the players' hands in terms of resolving this. It is, in the end, a matter of choice, sacrifice, and compromise. "I'm not going to get my way or the compromise I prefer, thus the system should change," is not the right approach, and character motivations and interactions might need to be reconsidered.
    Teani
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    While I agree with @antehe there is still a fine line between changing something because someone does not get their way vs changing something because mechanically it may not be working.

The concept of the Dominion currently is something we have not seen in the game, at least from my memory and thus going to cause some headaches while the player base works out the understanding on how this works and should work for the better of the players. If that does not happen then at some point those in charge of the game itself, needs to step in and evaluate what is and isnt working.
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    It is working. Its just a matter of compromise, RP, and figuring out who will work for 4/5 Houses to be Primus. As it stands, the nominees have two people outright rejecting them. This means its back to the drawing board and selecting new people for nomination. That or just wait til things falter.

Kodaza
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    edited September 2017
    For clarity, I'm not suggesting the system change because the current means I can't have my way. If my way is what I want, the current system is actually good for me in the long game.

ETA: More clarity. Part of the reason we're considering this so heavily, is because it's nearly impossible to change once chosen. I don't expect we'll often have changes outside of 'this dude doesn't play anymore, we're all gonna fall'.
    imageimage
  • RijettaRijetta Nowhere Important
    Eh. Only reason I haven't come out and said my full opinion on every candidate is because I simply haven't been on/focused enough to do so. I really just want to have a Primus. Quite frankly, if I don't like the Primus, I can do something about that dislike ICly, but I'd rather have a Primus I'm not thrilled about than see D'baen destroyed because every vampire in existence becomes a plebian.

I refuse to let Abhorash be right. He's a jerk.

I don't think any of the candidates that have been put forward -- and indeed, any of the candidates that might be put forward -- would do a horrible job as Primus. I really don't. But the stubborn gridlock on the vote sucks.
    A low, sultry voice resounds within the depths of your mind, "I look forward to seeing your descent."
    Ishin
  • Such is the nature of darkness, to consume itself in endless and wicked disputes until naught but filth remains. Those that repent may join the light, but those that do not shall be easy prey to be cleansed.
    VashMacavityKodaXeniaHavenCaolanVyxsis
  • Karhast said:

Such is the nature of darkness, to consume itself in endless and wicked disputes until naught but filth remains. Those that repent may join the light, but those that do not shall be easy prey to be cleansed.

WHO LET THIS GUY IN HERE.....
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Unless the majority of the populace is unaware of the situation or more importantly the consequences, I find it hard to believe someone won't break in this standoff before mass plebian occurs.

Even if all the House Leaders have god-like resolves and are willing to let the species go down in flames, you'd think desperation and or survival instincts would kick in among the rest of the populace and heads would start to roll.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • I take it back. @Rhyot was right. It IS a popularity contest.

On the upside, headaches and BS politics are done for at least a short while.
    imageimage
  • I kinda hate to say this but...at its core? All of aetolian politics boils down to popularity contests, @Erzsebet .

HavenRijettaKodaAishia
    edited September 2017
    Considering how long you've been playing the game, I'm surprised you'd think that @Xavin. While it is true that quite a few people throughout Aetolian history have played politics on a high school level, they are not the representation of all Aetolian politics. I'd even wager that they don't represent half the politics that go on in the game.

How many slug fests have people voted through where they had to choose the lesser of two evils? How many "no-names" sprung to power AND then made a name for themselves after the fact? How many more elections have passed where X rose to power because the populace was mostly apathetic? How many elections have you personally heard of where people go "Welp. Clique/Person X is in power. Time to alt."?

Popularity while sometimes a factor is no where near the core or basis of Aetolian politics.
    havenbanner2
    Xenia
  • Ah Haven you're just not taking into account UNPOPULARITY which is a part of any popularity contest.
    Xavin
    Aishia said:

Ah Haven you're just not taking into account UNPOPULARITY which is a part of any popularity contest.

Oi. I was describing one facet of politics. Xavin's statement is a very misleading and egregious oversimplification of the great game. If people honestly believe that politics = elections and nothing else or even that people only vote based on what's liked/disliked... I dunno what to tell ya.
    havenbanner2
  • I always vote for whoever writes the shortest news post.
    Typically In Game: JST (GMT+9) 6AM-8AM and 6PM-10PM
    KarhastCallidoraMacavityHavenRijettaVyxsis
  • Subj: Election.
    Author: Me

Vote.

Still me.
    VashHaven
  • EowynEowyn Somewhere
    I keep reading Imperial as Impartial in the title of this post. Clearly, my eyes deceive me and lie to me.