Core offensive system?

Hi all,

Is there a core offense system out there for herbal or limb damage classes which I could use as a foundation? If so, for which classes and where would I get it?

Thanks!

Comments

• RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    Not really. Any offense system has to be made by your own hands. Most people have stopped any form of handing out offensive systems entirely.

Healing systems are still a thing though. But there's also FIRSTAID to use for healing as well.

• Carnifex have CATS, lifers had AFFTS but I don't know who is handing that out/if it's still being handed out.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• Thanks for the responses @Toz and @Rhyot. Just trying to make my life easier building out the very basics of tracking of opponent curing, since so much has changed.
  • It's actually super easy nowadays, with the combatmsgs config. You can use that line and discern for 95% of what you do!

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

Kelliara
  • Toz said:

It's actually super easy nowadays, with the combatmsgs config. You can use that line and discern for 95% of what you do!

Seriously. Even I can (kinda) do it.
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
  • I must have got the wrong version of AFFT, it was only an affliction tracker....
  • @Runas idk how much difference there's been in AFFT throughout the years, but it's got lots of foundational stuff - and affliction tracking is, like, 80+% of the battle of writing an offense. newer versions have had at least a couple v basic offenses, as did the one i was given some months ago when i started pking.

anyways, AFFT is pretty darn good in my experience, and it's definitely got a very distinct style. plus, there are a good number of lifers using it, so folks over yonder are likely to be able to find help. i'd call it a solid option with a few relatively minor reservations (that probs don't matter until you get to a relatively high-ish level of combat and can probs be worked around with better coding knowledge than i possess).
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

Vash
  • Toz said:

It's actually super easy nowadays, with the combatmsgs config. You can use that line and discern for 95% of what you do!

I'll have to dig into this some more. Thanks @Toz

I did some looking around on the forums, but I couldn't figure out what AFFT is, where to find it, or who to ask. Can someone tell me a bit more about that?
  • @Macian you'd have to ask its author, @Serrice, for a copy. afaik that's the only authorized way to get it.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

• DaishinDaishin Bristol, UK
    @Macian if you need a hand with combat messages or anyone to stand around while you hit them give me a shout i'm normally around
  • AedenAeden Missouri
    Rhyot said:

Not really. Any offense system has to be made by your own hands. Most people have stopped any form of handing out offensive systems entirely.

Healing systems are still a thing though. But there's also FIRSTAID to use for healing as well.

Although, I do wonder if firstaid alone will do superb or be on par with the extremely fast pace of pvp, any thoughts from the more experienced players here?
  • Firstaid is good enough for group fighting, it keeps up easily. For high tier 1v1 you will need a system to manage your firstaid settings, due to the nature of priority shifts/current goals in the fight.

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

Aeden
  • What sort of things are involved in that? I don't mean specific tweaks,  but rather how do pepplr go about the coding? 

I'd be thinking some aliased presets based on class that I'm fighting against, amd then maybe some automated tweaks based on the current affs left uncured. Maybe.

The ideal would be to pick up on it before the affs are stacked. 

When my curing system was my own, the tweaks were minimal. Little things like changing the priority of stupidity or how focus-happy the system would be. Salve priority was a more major one, determined mainly by the class I was trying to kill.
  • Irruel said:

What sort of things are involved in that? I don't mean specific tweaks,  but rather how do pepplr go about the coding? 

I'd be thinking some aliased presets based on class that I'm fighting against, amd then maybe some automated tweaks based on the current affs left uncured. Maybe.

The ideal would be to pick up on it before the affs are stacked. 

When my curing system was my own, the tweaks were minimal. Little things like changing the priority of stupidity or how focus-happy the system would be. Salve priority was a more major one, determined mainly by the class I was trying to kill.

You can tweak firstaid to how you want it. on the go, or depending on the persons class.

or, you can elevate an aff to be cured quicker (first) if x,y and z affs are on you.

firstaid is really smart and can be tweaked ALOT to suit your own needs.

You will just need aliais to change it.
    MayhemHunting - Discord Chat - CLANHELP MAY (ingame)