Short Questions

Comments

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I said I can't remove them without deleting my whole sig! I'll just leave them because I'm MAD I CAN'T CHANGE MY SIG.
  • TiurTiur Producer
    If I understood forums in any way whatsoever, I would fix it. But apparently no one knows what the heck.
    Arbre
  • @Kyna Now I feel like @Tiur needs to zap people with Hydro Pump....this must happen
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    @Tiur actually looks like someone fixed it today checked it earlier and just now and the NO IMAGES ALLOWED thing disappeared at some point during the day >_>.
  • KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    edited August 2017
    I fixed it. Feel free to lavish me in praise.

(literally turned it off then on again).
    ZailaVashSilena
  • Quick stuff more dragons into @Aishia 's sig before it breaks again.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• "The star ascension aura surrounding you has once again faded away."

What was this? It sounds fun but somehow I did not even know I had it before I logged back in to see a message that it was gone.
    Typically In Game: JST (GMT+9) 6AM-8AM and 6PM-10PM
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    HELP STARFALL. There was an event a few days ago that Fezzix won for Spinesreach.
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

Vash
  • So I got a hunting boon token from a cryptic chest, which seems pretty good (200 cr value I think?). My question is, who do I turn the token in to, and what's the syntax?

Also, how do I combine cryptic chest pieces into a cryptic chest? I tried using the RELIC commands, but the pieces aren't listed there.

Thank you in advance!
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    Hunting boon token - AP LIST HUNT and then buy whatever level 1 hunting boon you feel like and then ARTIFACT TRADEIN (ITEM) CONFIRM.

Cryptic chest pieces: FUSE (PIECE#). Make sure you have 3 of them.

IstiraTiur
  • Vash said:

Do pve +dmg artifacts stack with pvp +dmg artifacts when attacking mobs?

Xavin said:

@Vash Yes they do.

Before:
    You rake a skittering azure eld with your claws.
    Damage done: 608, cutting, brute

After:
    You rake a skittering azure eld with your claws.
    Damage done: 679, cutting, brute

I have hunt_shapeshifter(3) beast_claws(2) so I would expect 15% + 12% but I am really only getting 11.7%. Bug? Or am I doing something wrong?
  • @Vash That....seems buggy, I'd bug it.

• ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    edited August 2017
    @Istira for the record, don't do the "artifact tradein (item) confirm" part unless you want the credit return value of the hunting boon artifact instead of the actual artifact.

I am not sure if just buying the boon straight out will use up the token, I would expect you have to enter the token's item number the same way you would a discount voucher, which is:  ARTIFACT PURCHASE APPLY <token>

Typing ARTIFACT will give you all the syntaxes for fiddling and buying them
    Istira
  • Vash said:

I have hunt_shapeshifter(3) beast_claws(2) so I would expect 15% + 12% but I am really only getting 11.7%. Bug? Or am I doing something wrong?

@Razmael set me straight. hunt_shapeshifter works just by being in your inventory, so I was not doing the right test. They do stack and all is right with the world.

So go buy some shiny new artifacts and kill things even faster!
  • Weird question.

Has the Vampirism Cure changed since the removal of Concoctions? Since you needed one to boil the cure? @Keroc @Tiur
    MayhemHunting - Discord Chat - CLANHELP MAY (ingame)

• EowynEowyn Somewhere
    Sivekui said:

Weird question.

Has the Vampirism Cure changed since the removal of Concoctions? Since you needed one to boil the cure? @Keroc @Tiur

Apothecary do it now.
  • @Eowyn Happen to know the command? or is it still the boil pot cure for -person- ?

• PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    Sivekui said:
    @Eowyn Happen to know the command? or is it still the boil pot cure for -person- ?
    Yup, pretty much. I ran a Cure a day or so ago, and everything is pretty much the same. There's a book floating around somewhere that's largely up to date with the exception of a few things.
  • Phoenecia said:

Yup, pretty much. I ran a Cure a day or so ago, and everything is pretty much the same. There's a book floating around somewhere that's largely up to date with the exception of a few things.

Well when you say it like that it sounds perfectly safe! ;)
  • Phoenecia said:

Sivekui said:

@Eowyn Happen to know the command? or is it still the boil pot cure for -person- ?

I have the book in my system :P Just the boiling part I didnt know if it changed or not.

• KasimirKasimir Clearwater, FL
    Do you use BUILDING commands to edit shop names and descriptions, or is there a different command for it?

And if so, who's actually allowed to edit a shop in this way? I've gotten multiple answers and no one that's willing to test.
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    If you own a shop in a city other than Esterport, the Chancellor and their aides can edit shop names and descriptions via CITY TITLE SHOP/STOCKROOM and CITY EDIT SHOP/STOCKROOM. 

Esterport shop owners can rename/redescribe their shops on their own with shop commands.
    KasimirVashDidi
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    edited August 2017
    potentially stupid question:

How can we affect how nourishing an item is? I notice that there IS a difference between a ration that has 10 nourishment "value", versus something like a "Kebab" which has 45 nourishment points, but is a Kebab really the same as a Roast? (Design 19516 -roast, Design 19574 - Kebab for comparison's sake), and if we wanted to make something that equals out to those food items you only need to eat one or two of to utterly satiate, because there -are- things that Denizens sell that do that, and if they can make food like that, why can Adventurers not? Does someone need to take these designs at swordpoint from these chefs, just so we can learn to cook food that doesn't require an entire banquet, but rather a few reasonable portions of food? It seems the highest "value" I've seen on Nourishment is 45. And that means it needs 4 portions of whatever to go from starving to death to utterly satiated. I can literally go out as an Arqeshi/Nazetu, and trawl twice to be utterly satiated.. or better yet, I can go reel in a fish that weighs more than 40-something lbs, and utterly satiate by eating -that- by itself.. >.>

edit: And isn't it theoretically possible to apply Salt to a recipe to allow it's lifespan to extend for longer than 1 week? Preservative status of salt and all that?
  • AnteheAntehe Immortal
    No salt on recipes, just the finished product.

Nourishment is determined by the base design + the ingredients included, up to a cap (each design has a hard cap). If the racial skills are too strong, that might need readjusting!
  • KerrynKerryn The Black Flagon Inn
    edited August 2017
    There's also an artifact that allows for increased nourishment, higher prestige and longer decay times for cooked items.

There are three levels to it, it's called 'a rune of amelioration'. I just bought it yesterday, so haven't had time to play with it.

Edit:
    I used the rune and while I didn't see a difference in nutrition, due to the vague values, it did extend the decay time by an in game week.

I am a bit disappointed in the bonus. That's a level three rune. The lower runes would be pretty... pointless to buy, if the level three only extends decay time by a single day. However, that's just my opinion. I don't know the numbers behind it, I could be wrong. But for 400 credits, I expected a wee bit more to make it useful/desired by cooks.

Edit #2
    Now that it's fixed, I do notice a difference. Went from 7 weeks decay time to 14. Nutrition also was bumped up from a 'somewhat nourishing' to a 'moderately nourishing'. So, quite pleased with the artifact now!

• ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    edited August 2017
    So...is nautilite statistically more likely to be dug up by forgers? Eliser and I just tried to dig up some, and it took Eliser 201 digs across multiple rooms before he got ANY nautilite, whereas I waltzed in as Erz in the same rooms, dug one-three times and got a ton of it.

We're trying to sort out if he's just monumentally unlucky, or if there's a reason Erz is able to acquire oodles of the stuff and Eliser isn't. That's the only difference I can think of that might be relevant.

If it IS forging, I know some folk use nautilite for non-forging crafts, so maybe up the percentage chance at least a smidge? 201 times of digging for 1 piece of nautilite is insane.

ETA:
    Math: 201 digs is 701.49+ seconds of raw dig time.
    And that's with improved balance.
    Ignoring various kinds of delays, ignoring movement. Just plain balance.

For 1 nautilite.
    imageimage
    Teani
  • @Erzsebet i issued or bugged this (can't remember honestly) a little bit ago, and @Tiur explained that nautilite is suppose to be gated to Forging

that doesn't explain how very occasionally someone without Forging will dig one up, but it seems to be intended to require forging. (weird, imo, but i don't make the rules)
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

• KynaKyna Victoria, Australia
    The odds of getting it are increased dramatically as a forger. More experienced eye with metal can identify it easier in the earth. There was an intention for a few metals to be like that, a flavour for the forgers.
  • The hunting boon for Indorani is a bone idol and i am wondering if it is only for bone dagger or if it works for decay also? If not then we need a decay boon for those of us who prefer to hunt with decay.
  • Neoma said:

The hunting boon for Indorani is a bone idol and i am wondering if it is only for bone dagger or if it works for decay also? If not then we need a decay boon for those of us who prefer to hunt with decay.

Iirc, hunting icons work for all damage against mobs except sources that explicitly cannot be modified, or against player mobs. So it should work for both decay and bone dagger.