LOVE

Comments

• BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    Vash said:

Yeah yeah, I just posted in this thread a few days ago but I can't help myself.

I am completely floored and amazed at the amount of RP I have encountered here. A simple request for aid results in someone showing up and busting out multiline custom emotes rather than a simple tell reply. People are using unique tones of voice, showing expressions, incorporating the environment and other people seamlessly. I walk into a random bar and find myself in the middle of a debate all done via complex emotes, when I say a question multiple people respond back with more emotes.

People also seem to go out of their way to include me, giving me prompts and hooks to respond to. It is just not people showing off their own writing it is actual real interaction with depth. And I am just some random newbie with no real connections to anything.

Where have all of you been my entire muding career?! I have been playing for like a week and I have seen more detailed RP than in literal years of previous playtime.

Sorry old characters, it's time to retire you, I have found a new home.

<3<3<3

@Kanivara @Medisa @Xenia @Estheld @Piper @kelliara </p>

Welcome to Aetolia
    PazradymVashZailaSigmundErzsebet
  • RhoynnRhoynn Hartford
    @Callidora @Erzsebet @Iriden @Rijetta @Alathesia @Nyrus (<3) @Evilo @Chakrasul @Raixen @Thivedre @Aeteyr

Too tired to explain. So much <3 to all of you for making my experience worthwhile
    Erzsebet
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    This thread had dropped way too far down the list, so here goes! 

I'm off on my usual summer job as a Language school leader in the UK. Previous years we've been contracted to pretty much work 24/7 for three weeks, which has been tiresome but alright. This year there's been company shifts and they decided to try a new thing. They go by UK laws and regulations, which means 48 hours 6 days a week. Now, I know from experience that this is not possible. Point in case, I've been working three days and I'm already at 42 hours, and there's no way I can not work this weekend. 

Now for the love, though! This morning I got to sleep in! Glorious schedule means my students are in class. I'm not teaching, and meet others for planning a full hour later! I treated myself to a longer shower and stretching out on the bed for a bit longer. Still looking at 12+ hours today though.

Also, this is why you don't see me online much. I'm stealing moments, that's what I do.  

VashPazradym
  • Ok, so a little appreciative post before I finish packing (heading to Sweden for some vacaycay). I love all you guys for making my RP experience in Aetolia as wonderful as it is. In particular I'll throw some love at @Trager, @Rhoynn, @Ellenia, @Sarita, @Iriden, @Raixen, @Estheld and @Chakrasul, who all keep me extremely entertained when I travel Sapience, whether it is by fear, despair, malice or sheer amazement.
    Now I'll still be popping by from time to time, but I will be nowhere close to as awake as I have been lately, as the beautiful Swedish nature will keep me occupied most of the day. Stay awesome, and don't you dare to go into torpor while I am away, my addiction to you all is strong!

Much love from your friendly maniacal necromancer,

Aeteyr Bahir'an.
    TeaniTragerRhoynn
  • I am a huge believer of guardian angels. Not real angels per say, more like memories of your loved ones who has passed away, or that feeling that someone or something is there watching out for you, even though it's not. I believe feelings like that are very important, at least for me, to process things that happen in life. And sometimes... just to feel like someone is out there, who might understand. Well, today I got a bit emotional due to one of those feelings.

When my grandfather passed away, at his funeral, in the middle of winter, I saw a single feather stand in a small garden with evergreens. I took it as a sign that he was there, looking out for us. And whenever I see a single feather since then, when it truly catches my eye, I want to think that he checks in on me. And today, he did. Not only did I see a single feather on the ground that caught my eye, almost half an hour later, on my way home from my walk, a single feather floated and spun around in the air, soaring right over me. It was truly amazing and I'm so glad I managed to take a picture of it, although a blurry one.

What I want to say with this is that our loved ones are never truly gone. You can see them in simple little things. Feel them in a song or in a breeze. Allow yourself to find these signs and you will know they are there for you. They will always be in your heart and by your side, through happiness and pain.You just need to allow yourself to notice it.

Ugh.. there, I'm done being sentimental now..

DidiKodaSigmund
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    Wishing you American compadres a fun and happy July 4th!

TeaniVashZailaXavinEowynKelliaraEydisSigmund
    Have an amazing 4th of July! 

VashSigmund
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    Benedicto said:

Wishing you American compadres a fun and happy July 4th!

Sheesh, we give you guys the finger 241 years ago, and you STILL can't let it go.

:P

Happy 4th!
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

VashTeaniErzsebetSigmund
  • Happy 4th of July Muricans of Aetolia. Stay safe this holiday.
    SigmundVashKyna
  • SigmundSigmund The highest spire in Spinesreach
    Keep your weapons close and surplus ammunition closer. Old Glory waves a little higher than usual today.

Happy 4th of July. It's been a privilage and an honor to call America home.
    Didi
  • @Zarni for being an awesome partner everyday but especially for taking care of everything - including me - while I've had this rib injury. He's helped me walk, get dressed, he's cooked dinner, washed laundry, and he's kept the stress off me while I'm healing. <3

(Spinesreach): Xiuhcoatl says, "Oh man, grab the children-corn. This is gonna be good."
    TeaniJaymiSigmundIstira
    If you haven't tried bubble tea, put it on your list. 
    Delicious flavored ice tea, with added flavor bubbles inside. Yesterday I had a lychee tea/pineapple bubble one. Today it's pineapple tea with strawberry and kiwi bubbles. DELICIOUS! 

Also, having 20 minutes all to myself, without any other leaders or students around. Much love. 

VashSigmund
  • Also, making homemade milk tea is super easy and tasty as heck and you should totally do it. Making the bubbles is a bit harder and I haven't gotten around to doing that just yet...

Teani
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Having recently experimented with it, making homemade bubbles is super cheap and easy.
    ZailaTeaniJaymi
    Didi - Your a cool cat to chit chat with. Yay friends! All the goodies.
    DidiVash

• Fame:

He has done his part in frightening off the crows.

My very first honors line (ignoring the academy) in any IRE game.

Perhaps it is a simple quest but it took me two nights of work to complete and it was a big rush when I figured it out.

<3 The Archivists for nudging me to try this!
    Typically In Game: JST (GMT+9) 6AM-8AM and 6PM-10PM
    MarienaArbreTeaniDidiSilena
    Love for Aetolia.

J.R. Tolken is the godfather of the modern fantasy genre. I remember being captivated with his work in elementary school as a small child who's reading level/comprehension was leaps and bounds ahead of everyone else around me.

We all have that man to thank. Due to his work shortly after WWI after serving as an officer in the British Army commanding infantry, he truly started to shape the early, modern mind for fantasy mania and immersion.

What does this have to do with Aetolia?

Much like how I fell in love with the works of Tolken, I can easily say that the substance and core of Aetolia is literally etched into my bones in high detail. The sheer amount of work that people, not just from one country, but from multiple international communities still gives me reverent pause on occasion when I ponder and muse over the mountain of lore within the game, and not just from admin ran story-based material, but what the players have done as well.

I've seen people create characters and bond with them like they would a lover, or a seriously dear friend. I've seen players literally throw themselves in various directions with various outcomes. I've seen people get way to involved OOC.

I still don't have a 100% grasp of everything in Aetolia, and I've been playing since I was a child. The fury, the awe, and everything in between has yet to grow dull in my mind or turn gray in spirit.

Love for everyone who's ever made a character, be it ill or good, immersed or not immersed.

Love for the people that keep this game running and evolving, doing the best they can to fight off static stagnation in a fantasy world that players keeps demanding more of.

Love for everyone that felt they made an impact in the game, and love for anyone that tried hard to be heard but fell short of their goals.

This game defies most explanation, and is one of the more interesting fantasy stories (I consider Aetolia one giant story without end) to have been spawned out of the older efforts of a man who came home from the trenches and decided to spurn a new genre of excitement that has had wild success in the minds of anyone willing to give fantasy and the immersion attached to it a chance.

Keep playing.
    ZailaTiurNolaMarienaErzsebet
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Not specially Aetolia related, but I love that Game of Thrones started up again last night!
    JaymiArbreHavenSigmund
  • Earlier this week, I was asked by Momondo (the traveling site) to write a blog post about my first trip to the US and how it helped me cope with my social anxiety and panic attacks. Was a hoot and I hope at least some people will be inspired by what I wrote. :)
    SigmundDidiTeaniXenia
    edited July 2017
    @Didi @Teani @Nenelos

Thanks for all the OOC talk and support. It's hard to trust anyone you've never met even when engaged in simple talk over the internet. It's all appreciated.

@Demarcus - You said it when best when you stated that Aetolia is the best sounding board in your MAD post. Rings true, especially when one does not blog or surf social media.
    DidiDemarcus
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    @Sigmund Even if I don't play much anymore, I have this sense/feeling/knowing that deep down the peeps of Aetolia have got my back.

Exam is done, crisis adverted with the wife (as per the MAD post... usually I try not to discuss publicly the headbutting that is present in my marriage, but that day it just felt like everything was crashing into one another) and I took yesterday off completely to take the boys to the Children's Museum (they had fun... oh heck, I had fun shooting ping pong balls with air and rolling golf balls everywhere in Ball-o-rama!) and spend some quality time with the fam. It's nice to be done with all of that and actually be able to look for opportunities to do fun things again. Woo hoo!
    TeaniHavenKerrynSigmund
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    @Kyna That's good you'd never have been able to flip your jeeps back over by yourself.
  • SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage
    Today, my best friend would've been 33, had he still been alive. Might be odd to start a LOVE post with that, but it's always nice visiting him. Went to his grave and talked for a while, listening to his favorite music. I asked him to watch over his family and also over me, since things have been more than rocky with the bf. Seems like he listened and complied.

I met up with the bf and his youngest after the visit and we went to the beach. Had a hoot in the water (loads of HUGE waves) and we had a genuinly good time. It seemed like he's missed me... and I've missed him. And now I can't wait for the next time, which is sometime next week. Today, it's one year since the first time I met him and he still makes my heart flutter.
    SigmundTeani
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    It's random and weird, but the way my mood has been lately, I adore this image someone sent me after hearing I liked the Metroid Prime games (Even though I only played the gamecube games)

Vash
  • SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage
    Today, I've contacted the student loan office to check in on my debt and ask that they don't send it to the Bailiff, talked to the people handling my internet and phone and cancelled my phone, since I don't use it at all. I have paid my bills and arranged direct debit for my internet bill.
    All this and it's only 9.30am. And I hate phones. And I now have all my debts under controll and will be debt free in a few months.

The weather sucks, but I am, under circumstances, having a good day so far.
    TeaniVashZailaDidiLin
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    So after breaking up with my girlfriend about a month ago, I've gotten a new phone, car, and signed a new lease on my apartment.

I went on a date Saturday with a girl I met on a dating app. We had a great time. I've always been weird about the people I date because of how I was raised, afraid of what my parents and family would think etc. But at 26 I'm finally starting to realize what it means to be an adult. You can really just do what you want to do. This girl was definitely....unique. And fine AF. After dinner, Drive-in double feature movie, a ton of weed and conversation...

I'm 99% sure i'm about to have a threesome with her and her girlfriend this weekend and I'm pretty terrified.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    QendylDidiZailaAxiusEowynRunasHavenTeaniLin
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    I was a little torn on whether to put this in MAD or in LOVE. Mad because the hurricane is displacing a lot of people and destroying lives, but mostly I opted to put this here because it's a message of love.

I really hope all y'all who live down in the area being affected by Harvey are safe and well and that your families and homes and all that are also safe and well. <3<3<3 Know it's displaced some of you from the game a bit (understandably so) but I wanted y'all to know that you're all definitely missed. <3

Tangentially related, my own family is down that way, and most of them evacuated, but my father, the insane, stubborn man that he is, is steadfastedly insisting that it's just a little water and he knows how to swim. He's also grumpy because he can't go to work for the duration. -.- I love him, but he's completely nuts.
    imageimage
    VashTekiasRunasTeaniNola
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    On that tangent...it's rained as much in Houston since Friday as it has in Seattle since Jan 1st. So...yeah, swim, swim all day long.
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.