Friendly Wager

Background : Most of Spinesreach somehow ends up in @Teani's shop when the topic of wearing dresses comes up, specificly @Teani's accusation that @Kelliara does not wear them properly.

No Divine, no crazy world ending anything, just some awesome RP between two people with the rest of us lucky enough to watch. I was laughing so hard IRL at some of these lines. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

@Tekias @Nixia @Ymira

Doyen Kelliara Vetra-Seirath frowns and says to Teani, "I still do not understand why that is so scandalous."

Shadow Mage Teani Tash'Vetra says to Kelliara, "Fashion! It just looks better without the pants."

She is a wise Idreth of Human heritage . Standing at roughly the average height of a human, she has pale skin marred with healing cuts and bruises. A tangled mess of ebon hair falls about her face untidily, reaching to roughly shoulder-length. In mostly futile effort to maintain some small semblance of control, her hair has been pulled, twisted, and corralled into a low tail at the back. Her face and neck are marked with a number of scars of varying sizes, some beginning to fade with age, while others, a long slash across the bridge of her nose and a burn on the back of her neck, appear to be more recent. Honey coloured eyes peer out at the world almost sleepily from above a button nose and a pair of full pink lips. She possesses an athletic frame, with lean muscle and slender well-toned limbs.
(dangling around her neck) : a torc of wolf teeth
(hanging from around her neck) : a darkly flaming heart necklace
(keeping her legs warm) : a pair of warm winter trousers
(laced comfortably) : snow wight boots
(burned into her right wrist) : a glowing brand
(covering the torso) : a close-fitting leather shirt

Doyen Kelliara Vetra-Seirath wryly says to Teani, "Now, how about a wager on something. If you win, I will allow you to dictate what I wear, if I win, I am free to do likewise?"

Teani raises a brow at Kelliara. "You forget that I actually know you. What makes you think I would consider a wager with you?"

Kelliara grins toothily at Teani. "The thrill of contest?"

Shadow Mage Teani Tash'Vetra says to Kelliara, "You're the one who gets off on such a thrill."

Doyen Kelliara Vetra-Seirath says, "Teani (skeptically) 'Gets off on'...you do not have to say it like that."

Teani crosses her arms over her chest. "I'm sure the other people here will be delighted no matter the outcome. So, what kind of wager did you have in mind?"

Sweetly, Doyen Kelliara Vetra-Seirath says to Teani, "Something I am assured to win?"

You have emoted: Vash stage whispers to Tekias "Who should I bet on?"

"Naturally," Teani responds with a small smirk. She glances at you, Tekias and Ymira, trying to gauge their feelings on this game.

Nixia coughs softly.

She is an athletic Imp and stands a bit under four feet tall. Her hair is thick and dark, shorn close at the right side of her head, but otherwise swept back toward her left shoulder. Streaks of white are bleached through those locks, complementing the gray hue of her Impish skin. Glossy black horns sprout from her forehead, curving upward, a scant few inches in height. The eyes set below them are a rich hue of red, vastly overwhelming the small pupils lying at their center. Her nose is small and slightly upturned, with a button-like appearance, placed above a large, wide-lipped maw filled with sharp Impish teeth. Though diminutive, her hourglass figure is curvaceous and shapely, given to sinuous, swaying movements. A fleshy, spaded tail sprouts from her rump, about a foot and a half in length. She walks with the blessing of Iosyne.
(covering the torso) : a purple leather corset
(worn on the feet) : a pair of soft-soled black boots
(worn on the legs) : low-slung black leather pants

Tekias leans over towards you, whispering quite loudly. "In Spinesreach, never bet against the woman or the former Syssin. In this case...I think it's a fool's bet."

Teani only belatedly realizes Nixia has been hiding at the entrance. With a smile, she takes a moment to beckon her further in. "Welcome to my shop, come, enjoy the fun."

Doyen Kelliara Vetra-Seirath looks thoughtful and says to Teani, "How about we let one of the spectators choose the contest?"

Nixia breaks into a smile as walks in, saying, "Ah! Hello there!"

You have emoted: Vash grins at Nixia "Don't feel bad, earlier in the day she did not even notice when I dropped dead at her feet".

Teani's shoulders slump a little as Kelliara inevitably begins wearing her down. "Right, sure. Why not? Might as well," she says, not seeming at all confident.

Shadow Mage Teani Tash'Vetra says to you, "I was fighting a mage!"

Nixia says, "Five hands of blackjack with even bets. Whoever comes away with the most gold at the end wins."

Kelliara ponders the situation.

Doyen Kelliara Vetra-Seirath asks Teani, "What say you to that?"

Shadow Mage Teani Tash'Vetra says, "I haven't played Blackjack in ages, but sure."

Storm Impetus Tekias Uymari, the Grand Developer says, "If there's a tie...a best of three game of Triptycha."

Shadow Mage Teani Tash'Vetra says, "Any other suggestions, though?"

Teani smiles wryly.

Ymira says, "Catwalk contest?"

Skeptically, Doyen Kelliara Vetra-Seirath says to Ymira, "Neither of us are cats."

Teani stifles a laugh by putting a hand over her mouth.
She is a typical Human who stands rather short for her race. She looks rather thin and pale, her skin somewhat blotched in places. Short black hair falls to her ears, knotted and somewhat unkempt. Brown eyes and rather dull features make up her face, nothing quite remarkable standing out.
(covering the body) : a suit of academy chainmail
(covering one eye) : a triple-lensed adjustable eyeglass
(well-fitted around the body) : a blood-red silk dress

Doyen Kelliara Vetra-Seirath speaks in a series of vibrant, harmonic tones.

Trying to keep a straight face, Teani explain to Kelliara, "She means that she wants us to imitate cats and how they walk, while they judge us."

With a snort, Doyen Kelliara Vetra-Seirath says to Teani, "That is a foolish contest. Why would anyone imitate the way a cat walks?"

Teani hums innocently to herself.

Ymira walks on over to Nixia and looks down at her with a faint smile. "Not often I meet someone shorter than me!" A soft giggle escapes her as she takes in the visage of the girl.

Shadow Mage Teani Tash'Vetra asks Kelliara, "So, which would you prefer of the offered alternatives?"

Doyen Kelliara Vetra-Seirath says to Teani, "Were there any other choices?"

She is an athletic Idreth of Human heritage. Her skin is a marbled mix of burgundy and black, where the shadowy swathes almost seem to shift underneath her skin. At the neck, a frosty, silver net follows the veins underneath her skin up towards her jawline, and another, a jet-black twin, creeps up the opposite side. On the left side of her forehead, a cluster of translucent crystals seem to be embedded in her skin. In contrast to her relatively dark complexion, her hair consists of long, wavy locks of brilliant white. Most of it hangs loosely down her back, with a few twisted locks framing her face, though a few strands stray from her head as if touched by static electricity. Her jade-colored eyes are separated by a narrow nose, splitting down her oval-shaped face down to a set of lush, dark lips. She has a slender figure, lithe and well-toned from plenty of practice, though by no means lacking curves. Her arms and legs show plenty of muscles, though of a lean character, built for endurance rather than strength.
(worn on a finger) : 4 soot-black obsidian rings
(decorating the neck) : a multi-wired silver necklace
(worn fit and snug) : a smoke-like, silver-grey silk dress
(covering the torso) : a silk sash of intellect
(around one wrist) : bracers of devastation
(dangling from a silver chain) : a swirl-patterned silver amulet

Nixia taps the side of her nose, saying to Ymira, "Hah! I get that a lot." Idly picking at her sharp little teeth with a toothpick, she grins wide at the interaction of Kelliara and Teani.

"I take that as you preferring the blackjack then," Teani says, gesturing towards the exit. "Let's go and get this over with then. Those who want to join us, feel free to follow our Chairwoman."

(( Movement Spam ))

A quiet blackjack table.
More subdued than the rest of the parlor, this room consists of a blackjack table surrounded by seats. Always ready for a game, the room is well-kept and dust free, with just a hint of a breeze slipping in through cracks in the wall. An attractive blackjack table is stationed here. A Syssin blackjack dealer stands at his post here, his stony, impassive gaze revealing nothing. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground.
You see a single exit leading west.
A Syssin dealer looks up for a moment as he finishes shuffling a large deck of cards.

Storm Impetus Tekias Uymari, the Grand Developer says, "Oh, I'm quite interested in watching this...now, did I miss it, or were winning terms not laid out?"

Teani puts some gold sovereigns in a gray pack with extra pockets.

Doyen Kelliara Vetra-Seirath says to Teani, "Shall we simply say lots of one hundred sovereigns?"

Nixia says, "All right. 100 gold a game. Whoever wins the most or loses the least over 5 games wins."

Wearing a thick grey robe, the hands of the Syssin dealer are hidden in the shadows of his sleeves. Standing quietly behind the blackjack table, his robes only give a slight impression of a lean physique beneath. He is called 'Najiar.'

Najiar, a quiet Syssin dealer looks weak and feeble.

Kelliara gets some gold sovereigns from an ebon silk bag adorned with darkvines.

Teani shrugs a little at Tekias. "I think it has to do with dictating what the other person is to wear," she responds.

Kelliara takes a seat at the blackjack table.

Comprehension flashes across Tekias's face.

Storm Impetus Tekias Uymari, the Grand Developer says, "Yes, yes."

Najiar, a quiet Syssin dealer says, "Place your bets! Place your bets!"
Kelliara bets 100 gold sovereigns.
Tekias ponders the situation.
Teani gets some gold sovereigns from a gray pack with extra pockets.
Najiar, a quiet Syssin dealer says, "No more bets."
Najiar, a quiet Syssin dealer deals Kelliara an eight of Diamonds and a King of Hearts.
He deals himself two cards. The up card is an eight of Spades.
Najiar, a quiet Syssin dealer asks Kelliara, "Do you want to hit, stand, or double?"
Kelliara stands on her 18.
Najiar, a quiet Syssin dealer flips over his hole card, showing a six of Diamonds for a total of 14.
He deals himself a Jack of Spades, for a total of 24. BUSTED!
Kelliara has won 100 gold sovereigns!
Tekias takes a seat at the blackjack table.
Teani takes a seat at the blackjack table.
Doyen Kelliara Vetra-Seirath says, "There is one hundred to begin."
Teani bets 10000 gold sovereigns.
You return to a normal position, relaxing the pose.
Tekias stares at Teani and blinks.
Kelliara stares at Teani and blinks.
Teani rolls her eyes.
Teani puts some gold sovereigns in a gray pack with extra pockets.
Najiar, a quiet Syssin dealer deals Teani an eight of Spades and a three of Clubs.
He deals himself two cards. The up card is a four of Clubs.
Najiar, a quiet Syssin dealer asks Teani, "Do you want to hit, stand, or double?"
Shadow Mage Teani Tash'Vetra says, "Sorry, It's been a while since I was here."

Kelliara leaves the blackjack table.

Doyen Kelliara Vetra-Seirath says to Teani, "Are you prepared?"

Doyen Kelliara Vetra-Seirath says to Teani, "We shall begin anew, once you are ready."

Shadow Mage Teani Tash'Vetra wryly says, "At least I've gotten away from this a bit richer."

Doyen Kelliara Vetra-Seirath says, "Aright."

Kelliara takes a seat at the blackjack table.

Shadow Mage Teani Tash'Vetra says, "And only us play for now?"

Teani takes a seat at the blackjack table.

Nixia nods her head emphatically.

Doyen Kelliara Vetra-Seirath wryly says to Teani, "Reminds me of dice."

Kelliara bets 100 gold sovereigns.
Teani gets some gold sovereigns from a gray pack with extra pockets.
Nixia says, "Just the two of you."
Teani pets herself on the head a few times.
Teani bets 100 gold sovereigns.

(( blackjack spam ))

Doyen Kelliara Vetra-Seirath asks Teani, "What was your total?"

Nixia says, "What is the final tally?"

Shadow Mage Teani Tash'Vetra says to Kelliara, "You win, I believe."

Doyen Kelliara Vetra-Seirath frowns and says to Teani, "Possibly not."

Doyen Kelliara Vetra-Seirath says, "I am down one hundred sovereigns."

Teani gives a trillingly melodic laugh.

Shadow Mage Teani Tash'Vetra says, "Me too."

Nixia says, "Well boo!"

Ponderously, Doyen Kelliara Vetra-Seirath says, "Who wins, then?"

Doyen Kelliara Vetra-Seirath laughingly says to Teani, "Flip a coin?"

Shadow Mage Teani Tash'Vetra says, "Well, Tekias suggested three rounds of Triptycha as a tie-breaker."

Kelliara wrinkles her nose in distaste.
Teani grins mischievously at Kelliara.
Faint whispers slip around the room nearby as the cold of night wraps itself around the building.
Doyen Kelliara Vetra-Seirath frowns and says, "Triptycha, is it? I was hoping to avoid games you are more skilled at than me."

With a dramatic sigh, Doyen Kelliara Vetra-Seirath says, "Come along, then."

Kelliara has challenged Teani to a game of Triptycha.
Storm Impetus Tekias Uymari, the Grand Developer smiles and says, "Whatever do you mean, Chair? It is a neutral game."

Doyen Kelliara Vetra-Seirath frowns and says to Tekias, "Teani is a skilled player. I can scarcely beat Xenia, most of the time."
Teani shakes her head at Tekias. "It really isn't..."

Shadow Mage Teani Tash'Vetra says to Kelliara, "Unsorted deck, just to be more fair, alright?"

With a sniff, Doyen Kelliara Vetra-Seirath says, "If would rather play somewhere comfortable, however. The Hound and Halberd, perhaps?"

Teani nods her head emphatically.
Doyen Kelliara Vetra-Seirath says to Teani, "I do not know what that means."
Shadow Mage Teani Tash'Vetra says, "Let's go there."

(( Travel Spam ))

Dingy common room of the "Hound and Halberd" Tavern.
Its unassuming entrance tucked away down a network of warrens and alleyways which riddle the heart of the Citadel, this tavern is obviously not the fanciest or most reputable or even safest tavern in the city. The common room is dark and dingy, with greasy rushes lining the floor and fish-oil torches casting a smoky haze over the room. A crowd of rather rough-looking men loitering in a dark corner - apparently running an illicit gambling den - puff away on cigars, adding to the cloud of smoke, while a harried serving wench constantly winds her way through the bustle, depositing drinks and food before various visitors: gypsies, tramps, thieves (both off-duty Syndicate and otherwise) all seem common patrons of the establishment, although a familiar face of a city official or a guild secretary can sometimes be glimpsed in the shadows, taking a night off from duties to slum it up. A fireplace dominates one wall, chickens spitted and turning as they cook in rotisserie, and various trinkets adorn its mantle, matching the sundry collection of clutter which hangs from the ceiling - beads and feathers, broken weapons, undergarments, a range of totems, the antlers of a stag, pilfered signs from across the land, more undergarments, fireworks (some ominously undetonated), a boat's rudder, dried herbs, dried flowers, dried husks, a decapitated head or three - the range of objects is baffling and outstanding, each apparently added at random over the years as an extra bit of personal adornment by the tavern's patrons. A constant low thrum of conversation fills the room, sometimes threaded through with the tinny tunes of a wandering musician; the atmosphere is an odd mixture of a rowdy, boisterous pub undercut with the rough, threatening tension of the city's dank underbelly. As an ominous addition - perhaps hinting at the type of time one can expect in this pub - a heavy, acrid scent of smoke hangs in the air, while the floor around one of the tables is heavily charred, rushes burnt away into ash. A plain hanging scroll is attached to the wall here, its parchment unfurling down to the ground. A beautiful, blue Idreth female rests between two mounds of carved ice. A grizzled bartender mans the tavern's counter, his single eye scanning the room. A clay grenade lies to the side, marked only by a streak of dark crimson. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. A plain grey robe has been left here. A serving wench bustles about here, delivering drinks between handling roulette bets. An opulent roulette wheel lies here horizontally, tempting those with a taste for risk. You see a sign here instructing you that WARES is the command to see what is for sale.
You see exits leading south, northwest, and down (closed pine door).

Jedrick glances up from behind the bar, eying Kelliara as she enters the tavern. Giving a gruff grunt of greeting, the man returns to wiping down the countertop.

Shadow Mage Teani Tash'Vetra says to Kelliara, "It means I've not picked out my best tiles to ground you into the dirt completely."

Shadow Mage Teani Tash'Vetra wryly says, "Means you stand a chance."

Kelliara immediately heads towards the largest table, seating herself at the table's head. "Oh, you should not have said so. But, fine, that will do."

Kelliara brings a smooth, ice-blue cigar to her lips and takes a long drag.
Doyen Kelliara Vetra-Seirath says to Teani, "Shall we, then?"

Teani slips into the chair opposite Kelliara and plucks out her deck of tiles. "Let's."
Teani has challenged Kelliara to a game of Triptycha.

Smoke curling from her lips, Doyen Kelliara Vetra-Seirath says, "I am beginning to suspect this evening will end with me in a dress."

Ymira walks into the room and looks around awkwardly. "Uh, sorry, I didn't noticed you'd all gone." Her eyes glance over to Nixia, a soft smile cast her way.

Teani glances over the table at Kelliara. "It all depends on the tiles we get," she responds, flicking a triangular tile between her fingers.

Doyen Kelliara Vetra-Seirath wryly says, "She says that, but simply wait. Any moment now, she shall spring her trap."

Nixia props her elbows up as she stares at the rapidly filling board, a little smile crossing her face at the tile on tile action.

"I wonder, what is it you want me to wear, that you saw it necessary to set up this kind of thing for?" Teani asks Kelliara as she looks at the tiles.

Nixia says to Ymira, "I think I should have taken wagers."

Kelliara glances up from the game to return Teani's gaze. "Hmm? Oh, nothing in particular," she replies shrugging.

Ymira looks down at Nixia with a grin. "Oh? What're you betting so far?"

The corpse of Vash#291209 has turned to dust in your hands. (( sad! ))

Teani has placed a shadowy tile of the Shadow Mother in niche four!
Teani has won niche three, defended by a jade Chakrasul, Goddess of Corruption tile, from Kelliara!
Teani has won niche one, defended by an obsidian dagger tile, from Kelliara!
Teani has won niche eight, defended by a steely Maghak the Sovereign tile, from Kelliara!
Teani has won niche nine, defended by a shimmering full plate armor tile, from Kelliara!
Smirking, Doyen Kelliara Vetra-Seirath wryly says, "As I said, she springs her trap."
Doyen Kelliara Vetra-Seirath smiles impishly and says, "And the game turns on Teani's final move."
A Troll trainee slips out to the south.
Nixia says, "Nothing so far. I probably would have bet Teani, because things are more fun if she wins this."
Teani looks down at her remaining tile, shaking her head. "Not this time. My tiles weren't that good, to be honest," she explains.""
Teani has placed a plague rat tile in niche seven!
Kelliara has WON the game of Triptycha against Teani!
Invalid game.
Nixia says, "That said. I would have lost!"
Smiling faintly, Doyen Kelliara Vetra-Seirath says, "A stroke of fortune for me, this time."
Doyen Kelliara Vetra-Seirath wryly says to Nixia, "It is only the first of three games."
Teani grins quickly at Kelliara.
Shadow Mage Teani Tash'Vetra says, "Second then."

Nixia says, "If it goes to game three I will bet."
Kelliara scowls at her tiles. "Sheine's teeth...this may be a trick," she mumbles to herself.
Kelliara has placed a turquoise Slyphe the Maelstrom tile in niche six!
Kelliara has won niche five, defended by an umber painite tile, from Teani!
Teani lifts a hand, running it down her face while shaking her head. "Right, and this is why I sort my deck in tournaments," she mutters.
Teani has placed a dark tile of the Faceless God in niche one!

Kelliara frowns at the tile Teani has just laid down. "Albedi tiles?" she asks.
"Only a few," Teani explains. "I don't have it stacked with them."
Kelliara has placed a verdant Haern the Hunter tile in niche three!
Kelliara has won niche one, defended by a dark tile of the Faceless God, from Teani!

Teani has placed a shimmering full plate armor tile in niche nine!
Kelliara has placed a jade Chakrasul, Goddess of Corruption tile in niche seven!

Teani has placed a phosphorescent radara tile in niche eight!

Kelliara has placed a jade Chakrasul, Goddess of Corruption tile in niche four!
Kelliara has won niche eight, defended by a phosphorescent radara tile, from Teani!

Teani has placed a pale yellow Niuri the Ultraist tile in niche two!
Teani has won niche three, defended by a verdant Haern the Hunter tile, from Kelliara!
Teani has won niche one, defended by a dark tile of the Faceless God, from Kelliara!
Teani has won niche six, defended by a turquoise Slyphe the Maelstrom tile, from Kelliara!
Teani has won niche five, defended by an umber painite tile, from Kelliara!
Teani has WON the game of Triptycha against Kelliara!
Teani winks knowingly at Kelliara.
Kelliara smirks.
You blink.

Nixia says, "All right. Game three."

Smoke curling from her lips, Doyen Kelliara Vetra-Seirath says, "As expected."

Nixia says to Tekias, "Want to wager?"

Nixia says, "I've got 10K on Teani."

Kelliara raises her hands. "Too many tiles with weak centre numbers."

Shadow Mage Teani Tash'Vetra says to Kelliara, "Same rules?"

Doyen Kelliara Vetra-Seirath smiles impishly and says to Teani, "It seems fitting. To change them now only grants you further advantage."

To the room, Shadow Mage Teani Tash'Vetra says, "All bets made?"

You ponder the situation.

Nixia says, "They would be if Tekias were awake."

Nixia peers at Tekias suspiciously.

Doyen Kelliara Vetra-Seirath says to Nixia, "He is male. They are oft paralysed by indecision."

Teani chuckles long and heartily.

Nixia says, "Too true."

You say to Nixia, "I will take you up on that."

Nixia says to you, "All right."

Grinning, you say, "Sorry Teani, I will have to put my ten thousand on Kelliara."

Kelliara clicks her tongue against the roof of her mouth. "The smart money is on Teani," she advises the room at large.

Shadow Mage Teani Tash'Vetra wryly says to you, "Your gold."
Kelliara has accepted Teani's challenge to a game of Triptycha.
Kelliara will open the game.

You ask Kelliara, "See, you have to ask yourself, will she really be the reason I lose that much gold?"

The corners of your mouth turn up as you grin mischievously.

Kelliara has placed a jade Chakrasul, Goddess of Corruption tile in niche three!

Teani grumbles something inaudible, glancing at you.

Doyen Kelliara Vetra-Seirath wryly says to you, "Do not expect her to throw the game on your behalf. If she is clever, she may have realised what I meant when I answered her question from earlier."

Nixia says to you, "I promise not o spread your money in a big pile and roll around on it in front of you."

Nixia nods her head sagely.

You grin mischievously at Nixia.

Ymira cackles hellishly.

Ymira says to Nixia, "I like you."

Nixia taps her nose knowingly at Ymira.

You have emoted: Vash walks over to the fire to warm his hands not paying attention to the game "She will not throw it but she will not play her best either".

"Trust me," Teani grumbles at Kelliara. "I know -exactly- what you meant," she says, then looks down at her tiles with a dismayed expression.
Shadow Mage Teani Tash'Vetra says to you, "I always play my best."
Shadow Mage Teani Tash'Vetra says, "Just not quite possible with these..."

You have emoted: Vash glances over his shoulder at Teani with a sly grin "You can tell yourself that if you like".

Teani has placed a blue hyacinth tile in niche one!

Skeptically, Doyen Kelliara Vetra-Seirath says, "If I had known you had that tile, I would not have played so defensively."

Doyen Kelliara Vetra-Seirath wryly says to you, "The question of course now becomes, what portion of your prize are you going to give me, to stop me from letting Teani win, hmm?"

You have emoted: Vash focuses on the fire "I am sure a pack leader would not hesitate to kill their prey".

Kelliara exhales a cloud of shifting white smoke that expands hugely, coiling and eddying hungrily in the air. The mass of smoke almost seems to rage, boiling and disturbed, before finally dispersing.

Teani runs a hand through her white locks, ruffling them a little as she looks over her tiles. "Don't barter with her," she says, carefully counting things in her head.

Kelliara throws a sideways glance at Teani. "Come now, Teani," she chides. To you she smiles widely. "A modest portion, say one quarter of your winnings?"

Teani looks at Kelliara with a raised brow. "Are you going to talk or play, hm? I can already see where this is going."

Kelliara sighs at Teani. "No need for such annoyance," she replies, waving a hand and returning her attention to her tiles.
Kelliara has placed a steely Maghak the Sovereign tile in niche six!

You have emoted: Vash glances over his shoulder at Kelliara "You can have it all as long as you pick something interesting as your prize".

Teani leans back, flicking one of her tiles between her fingers. "Not annoyed with you. Annoyed with the tiles," she explains. "I think these are about the worst I've seen in a long time."

Doyen Kelliara Vetra-Seirath says to you, "I already told her."
Doyen Kelliara Vetra-Seirath wryly says, "When she asked."

Teani has placed a tsetse swarm tile in niche five!
Teani frowns a little as she listens to the conversation. "You have to remind him of that?"

Kelliara has placed a crimson Auresae, aiyr Vahaitnari tile in niche nine!
Doyen Kelliara Vetra-Seirath says to Teani, "Why? I cannot be blamed if he was not paying careful enough attention."

Teani has placed an umber painite tile in niche two!
Teani nods down at the table with the tiles neatly arranged on it. "There's a distinct difference between your tiles and mine," she comments, a crooked smile on her lips.

Doyen Kelliara Vetra-Seirath wryly says to Teani, "You know what you are doing with yours, and I am blundering, hoping that luck and brute force will win the day?"

"Brute force would be part of it, yes," Teani admits, adding a soft chuckle. "You have made so many mistakes that you have actually almost given me hope to win. It's slim to none, though."

Shadow Mage Teani Tash'Vetra says, "You'd have to -really- mess up now for that to happen."
Kelliara has placed a verdant Haern the Hunter tile in niche seven!

You have emoted: Vash walks over to stand next to Teani as he glances down at the board "Nothing in particular was the answer, I think the key word there is" he looks at Kelliara with a feral grin "Nothing" he turns to Teani "No pressure".

Teani has placed a striped orchid tile in niche eight!
Teani shakes her head in dismay. "Your tiles were far superior to mine this time around," she says, placing her final tile on the board. "I am very surprised I got this many niches, though."

Shadow Mage Teani Tash'Vetra wryly says, "By the way, that was my best tile, right there."

Kelliara has placed a steely Maghak the Sovereign tile in niche four!
Kelliara has won niche eight, defended by a striped orchid tile, from Teani!
Kelliara has WON the game of Triptycha against Teani!
You utter a deep, rumbling laugh.
Nixia gives 10000 gold sovereigns to you.

Shadow Mage Teani Tash'Vetra says, "I had another full zero tile."

Tekias snaps out of his daydream, blinking and looking around. "When did we get here?" (( hahaha ))

Nixia says, "Ah well. Easy come, easy go."

Kelliara leans back in her chair, looking immensely satisfied with herself. "Now then..."

(( Skipping unrelated interactions ))

Doyen Kelliara Vetra-Seirath wryly says to Teani, "But enough of that, we need to discuss your forfeit."

The corners of your mouth turn up as you grin mischievously.

Doyen Kelliara Vetra-Seirath wryly says to Teani, "Care to wager everything on one final flip of the coin?"

Teani scowls slightly as the topic turns back to the previous games and her loss. At the offer, she raises a brow. "You're giving me a way out?"

Doyen Kelliara Vetra-Seirath wryly says to Teani, "Potentially. Though if you -lose-...we shall discuss something additional, hmm?"

You ask Teani, "How much worse could it get?"

You grin mischievously at Teani.

Teani grumbles and drops her gaze to the floor for a moment. "If I'm going to lose, why not lose big, hm?" she asks you.

Doyen Kelliara Vetra-Seirath says to Teani, "Why not indeed."

Doyen Kelliara Vetra-Seirath wryly says to Teani, "Choose your side, and then flip, yes?"

Teani looks over at Kelliara. After taking a deep breath, she says, "Heads."

Kelliara gestures for Teani to flip with one hand, while taking a drag from her cigar with the other.
Kelliara exhales a cloud of shifting white smoke that expands hugely, coiling and eddying hungrily in the air. The mass of smoke almost seems to rage, boiling and disturbed, before finally dispersing.
Teani flips a golden sovereign into the air, sending it into a flashing parabolic arc. Catching it in her palm, she slaps it onto her wrist and reveals it.
A golden sovereign lands on
Typically In Game: JST (GMT+9) 6AM-8AM and 6PM-10PM
PazradymTeaniXenia

Comments

• OMG ITS A CLIFF HANGER!

VashTeani
  • Xenia said:

OMG ITS A CLIFF HANGER!

I wonder why the log cut off there? There is this whole missing section involving pink underwear. Ah well, guess you had to be there.

Teani
  • Just as a thing, the forum will sometimes cut things off when copying in large amounts of text, so it may be worth while checking your actual log to see if you have the rest :smile:
    By the divine might of Omei, you are restored to life.
    Omei gives the corpse of a headless cadaver to you.
    Omei offers you a quick wink.

• Pazradym said::
    Just as a thing, the forum will sometimes cut things off when copying in large amounts of text, so it may be worth while checking your actual log to see if you have the rest :smile:
    I have the full log I just deliberately choose to end it where I did. Somethings you just have to learn in game ;)
    Pazradym
  • oh, heh. Fair enough!
    By the divine might of Omei, you are restored to life.
    Omei gives the corpse of a headless cadaver to you.
    Omei offers you a quick wink.

• DAMN!

Now I want to know who won...
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
    XeniaVashTeani