Let us all incline our heads to the new Primus! (A Dominion ritual)

SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'anThe Pillars of the Earth
edited June 2017 in Roleplay Logs
If someone can tell me how to put this in a spoiler box, I'll edit that and condense the actual log into it. In the meantime...

(DTS)

16. Erzsebet: "Oh, look. Five empresses AND a Primus."

17. Trager: "It is almost as if I've dragged myself from my coffin in hopes of seeing it so! Greetings, Empresses."

18. Sarita: "Good afternoon."

19. Zisra: "Trager."

20. Trager: "Allow me to finish rubbing the last remnants of sleep from my eyes, and then perhaps we might look to completing the ritual."

You whisper softly into Callidora's consciousness, "Childe."

Callidora's thoughts fill your head, "Yes, Sire?"

You whisper softly into Callidora's consciousness, "We will most likely begin the ritual soon, and I wondered if you would."

You whisper softly into Callidora's consciousness, "Well...Care to help me finish getting ready?"

Callidora's thoughts fill your head, "Of course."

The door to the northeast is opened from the other side.

Callidora arrives from the northeast.

Callidora closes the door to the northeast.

Callidora inclines her head politely to you.

You have emoted: Sarita manages to give Callidora a small smile before saying, "I was deciding on what to do with my hair before you came here."

Callidora folds her hands carefully before her, offering you a faint smile as she observes her Sire. Her fingers absentmindedly run across her long braid of hair, pursing her lips in a thoughtful manner. "I think it looks lovely, however I am always a fan of curls."

You have emoted: "I am too, I would just worry about them possibly being in the way if the ritual decides to call for fresh blood since I will be physically present," Sarita says, sweeping one finger across her already relatively uncovered neckline. "It could make things easier and a bit...less messy."

You say, "Oh, and I did find this."

You drop a silvered chakra circlet.

"How about we put it up in a bun, with some curls outside of it? Callidora" suggests, tilting her head to the side in a thoughtful manner. "You know, it's up and out of the way, but still elegant."

You have emoted: Sarita gathers her hair in her hands behind her head, loosely testing out the feel of the proposed style. "That could work," she says thoughtfully. "The circlet on top, then?"

Callidora nods her head at you.

Princess Callidora Bahir'an says, "Aye, it would look perfect."

You ask Callidora, "Do you happen to know how to do it?"

Callidora nibbles lightly on her lower lip, uttering a soft 'hrm,'. "I think I could manage it."

You have emoted: Sarita gives Callidora a quiet nod and sits down in one of the lower chairs, turning so that her head and hair are easily accessible. "In that case, you may do what you need to do."

Callidora seems to hesitate a moment, ensuring she understands the permission given to her before taking a few steps towards you. "Well, it's good I always carry extra pins around," she says with a small smile. She approaches you from behind and carefully runs her fingers through the silky locks of your hair. Withdrawing a handful of pins from her pouch, she begins to carefully pin the copper hair up, her nimble fingers twisting and turning so the locks remain curly and in place once done so.

You have emoted: Sarita keeps her head perfectly still, her only movement coming from one hand as she idly toys with the edge of the circlet.

Once finished with the bun, Callidora takes one of the pins and teases it, making sure it has some depth before setting the last few curls in place. "Mmm, I think this should work. All out of the way, and there's plenty of curl."

Princess Callidora Bahir'an says to you, "All done, Sire. You look beautiful as always."

You have emoted: Sarita nods at that, and picks up the circlet, setting it uneasily around her hair. "You can fix that, if you need to," she says after a moment.

Callidora carefully adjusts the circlet atop your head, making sure it doesn't tangle with the neatly placed locks of hair. "This will go wonderful with what you're wearing," she notes, sighing softly. Once finished, she offers you a small smile.

examine me

She is an adaptive Human vampire whose posture is regal and erect, lending height to her otherwise slight frame. Her lean build might be that of a young boy if not for the beginnings of feminine curves. Well-toned muscles in her arms and legs keep her from looking overly skinny. Perhaps her most easily noticed feature is her hair, which is a bright coppery gold hue. Crowned with a circlet, her hair itself is bound into a loose, curl-covered bun just above the nape of her neck. Eyebrows of the same shade as her hair arc over eyes of periwinkle blue. The brightness of her hair contrasts sharply with the paleness of her skin, a uniform porcelain shade broken only by a faint smattering of freckles across her nose and cheeks.

(on her right ring finger) : a snarling, panther's head ring
(on her left wrist) : a helical bracelet of silver and gold
(peeking out under her gown) : a pair of white slippers with gold lace
(proudly showing the House crest) : a regal Bahir'an gown
(nestled in her hair) : a silvered chakra circlet

Princess Callidora Bahir'an says to you, "I hope you will let me know how everything goes?"

You say to Callidora, "I think the entire Dominion will be invited."

Comprehension flashes across Callidora's face.

Princess Callidora Bahir'an says, "In that case, I will go home and get myself ready - just in case."

You say to Callidora, "I hope to see you soon."

Princess Callidora Bahir'an says to you, "You will."

Callidora's mouth turns up as her face breaks into a smile.

probe gown

Made from luxurious purple silk, this gown is embroidered with thin, golden threads in the patterns of Morgun poppies and chakra blossoms to give it a shimmery appearance in any light. It features a scooped neckline and sleeves that rest just off the shoulders, leaving the neck and collarbone of the wearer entirely exposed. The bodice beneath is tightly fitted, but the skirt flares out at the hips into a generous bell shape that is split down the front to reveal a cloth of gold underskirt. A trim of gold traces both sides of the slit and continues up along the bodice. This is decorated with pairs of roaring panthers that face each other from across each side of the skirt, each one wearing a golden crown. At the very top where the two decorative strips converge, a single panther is shown facing forward instead, the fangs in its open mouth stitched over with polished ivory to help offer a realistic glint in the light.

probe circlet

This simple, lightweight circlet possesses a delicate grace, and has been wrought with evident attention to both quality and aesthetics. A fine band of highly-polished silver has been shaped to fit comfortably about the head, its surface smooth and without blemish. Attached along a quarter of the circlet's arc is a silver cluster of chakra blossoms, seemingly wrought of the same material as the solid circlet. An inspection quickly suggests that this is not the case, and that a long, blossom-heavy stem of the flower has been expertly encased in a thin leaf of silver. Great care was evidently taken in the process, for each delicate blossom, spiraling tendril, and intricately-veined leaf has been silvered with such precision that the textures of life remain, forever frozen beneath their shroud of metal.

<<Imperial Dominion>>: Trager says, "Shall we, Your Imperial Majesties?"

You open the door to the northeast.

<<Imperial Dominion>>: Zisra says, "Aye."

You whisper softly into Callidora's consciousness, "We seem to be starting."

(travel)

(Imperial Dominion): Trager says, "The ritual, the one to tie back together the Blood Lines of every House, will soon begin. You are welcome, and encouraged, to join us beside the Font of Blood."

in

The Font of Blood.

There are 10 wailing banshees here. Authority and power pervading her tall figure, Krisiina, blood slave of Abhorash stands watchfully here. Resting on the ground is a cube-shaped silver sigil. Massive in size, this onyx throne dominates the center of the chamber. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. Flecks of shale fling from a colossal earthen guard with each ambling motion he makes. Muttering emanates from behind the cowl of a scion of despair, a tarot card alight betwixt her gnarled, clawed fingers. Flames flicker about a stallion here and shed faint light onto the surroundings. An undead crossbowman is here, shuddering with twisted new life. Nucemail Erzsebet Ve'kahi, Padishe Nimir'a is here. Primus Trager Nehekhara is here, hidden. Praetor Zisra D'baen, the Iron Hammer is here. She wields a jewel-encrusted buckler in her left hand. Princess Rijetta D'baen is here, shrouded. She wields a blackened warhammer in her hands. Grand Duchess Dysia D'baen is here, hidden. A cloaked figure is here.

You see exits leading west and out.

Neoma arrives from the out.

Neoma inclines her head politely to those around her.

Trager inclines his head politely to Neoma.

You incline your head politely to those around you.

"Welcome, Your Imperial Majesties," Trager offers with the barest of smiles. "Only one more, it seems."

Aeteyr arrives from the out.

Aeteyr bows respectfully.

Trager inclines his head politely to Aeteyr.

Iriden arrives from the out.

You have emoted: Sarita nods to Aeteyr before clasping her hands together tightly before her.

Alcmene arrives from the out.

Iriden inclines her head politely to those around her.

With a lilting, nearly singsong voice, Aeteyr tells you, "I hope my outfit will suffice, it was the finest I could muster at the time I had!"

Callidora arrives from the out.

Callidora inclines her head politely to those around her.

Trager inclines his head politely to those around him.

Alcmene inclines her head politely to those around her.

You murmur to Callidora, "Hold this for me?"

<<Imperial Dominion>>: Trager says, "Mazhar, are you still with us?"

Callidora nods her head at you.

<<Imperial Dominion>>: Ellenia says, "Pardon, I was daydreaming. I shall be with you shortly, Primus."

Zenobia arrives from the out.

You have emoted: Sarita shifts the bracelet on her wrist, slipping a small gem out from underneath it, which she passes to Callidora. As soon as it leaves her fingers, her skin begins to grow paler, and the shadows seem to grow up and around her.

You give a disguising gem to Callidora.

Ellenia arrives from the out.

The powers disguising you have left your possession and you can no longer maintain the illusion.

Your disguise wavers slightly, before dissapating completely and leaving you in your normal form of an undead Azudim.

Ellenia slams her crossed fists on her chest, emulating the Malevolent's insignia.

She is an adaptive Azudim with a remarkably petite frame and diminutive height compared to other Azudim. Most of the classic vampiric features are evident in her appearance, particularly her porcelain-hued skin and the sharp fangs that stand out in stark contrast to her ruby lips. Other dramatic colours are found in her piercing, sapphire eyes and the bright, coppery-red curls that frame her heart-shaped face. Crowned with a circlet, her hair itself is bound into a loose, curl-covered bun just above the nape of her neck. Her facial features themselves are aesthetic but rather youthful. With a nearly complete lack of any feminine figure, the entire effect is more ethereal than beautiful, an effect heightened by the distinctive wings that rise gracefully from her shoulders. Formed of pure shadow, they change in shape and size in response to any movement or shifts in the ambient light. At their most visible, the wings seem almost solid with textures and shapes that mimic the feathered wings of an Atavian. At other times, their appearance might be distorted, while in the darkest of places, they might seem to vanish altogether.

Trager inclines his head politely to Ellenia.

Sanguine General, Empress Ellenia Nebre'seir says, "Sorry for keeping you all waiting."

Zenobia enters from the out, followed by Lenina.

Facing Ellenia, Dysia slams her crossed fists on her chest, saluting Ellenia with the Malevolent's insignia.

You begin to follow Trager.

Trager looks to those gathered, insects scanning the growing mass of faces. "Shall we, Your Imperial Majesties?" he finally rumbles out.

Webs erupt from Ellenia's spinneret as she disappears under a protective cocoon.

You focus the might of divine will into Callidora to force her to obey your command.

Callidora is unable to resist the force of your faith.

Callidora begins to follow you.

Ellenia emerges from her cocoon in her natural form.

You focus the might of divine will into Aeteyr to force him to obey your command.

Aeteyr is unable to resist the force of your faith.

Aeteyr begins to follow you.

You follow Trager to the west.

An obsidian ritual chamber.

What is essentially the inside of an obsidian box, this room is no bigger than ten feet in every direction. Engraved into the black walls of the room are kalsu runes and the floor is completely bare. A perfectly smooth, silver bowl rests atop a slab of obsidian here. Flames flicker about a stallion here and shed faint light onto the surroundings. An undead crossbowman is here, shuddering with twisted new life. A pathfinder bobs about in a circle, flexing its long wiry antennae. Zenobia Bouchard is here. Lenina Seirath is here, shrouded. She wields a blackened warhammer in her hands. Nucemail Erzsebet Ve'kahi, Padishe Nimir'a is here. Moonlit Walker Alcmene Bouchard is here. She wields a stone flail in her left hand and a tower shield in her right. Princess Callidora Bahir'an is here. Primus Trager Nehekhara is here, hidden. Arch Duke Aeteyr Bahir'an is here. He wields an intimidating cane with panther motif in his left hand. Praetor Zisra D'baen, the Iron Hammer is here. She wields a jewel-encrusted buckler in her left hand. Grand Duchess Iriden Ve'kahi, Ponte Dipl'a is here. Princess Rijetta D'baen is here, shrouded. She wields a blackened warhammer in her hands. Grand Duchess Dysia D'baen is here, hidden. Sanguine General, Empress Ellenia Nebre'seir is here. She wields a shimmering silver sceptre in her left hand. Harbinger of Chaos, Evilo Krogh-Bouchard is here, shrouded. He wields a banded shield in his left hand and an ornate steel rapier in his right. Phantom Neoma Bouchard, the Relentless is here, hidden. She wields a gruesome cresent scythe in her hands.

You see a single exit leading east.

probe altar

Constructed of a simple block of obsidian stone, the only piece to this altar is a perfectly smooth silver bowl that rests atop the black slab. Engraved into the jet stone is a smattering of kalsu runes.

Trager moves to stand before the heavy slab of obsidian here, insects locked onto the block. "Please allow room for the Empresses to come to the center," he says aloud, only now looking up once again.

Zisra stands next to the center bowl, gently running a finger along the lip.

It is now midnight on Gosday, the 6th of Lanosian, year 466 of the Midnight Age.

You have emoted: Sarita steps forward, her eyes moving down to the bowl's surface once before focusing on Trager.

Dysia stays at Rijetta's side, her eyes fixated upon Zisra as she looks toward the center with interest.

Erzsebet moves to the center of the room as well, her attention on Trager.

Neoma takes a step forward and stands beside her fellow Empresses.

Ellenia makes her way to through the Consanguine gathered and positions herself next to Neoma.

Trager carefully goes about removing five different phials from the pouch at his belt, cradling each container with no lack of care. Around the lip of the bowl he places each one, organizing the five receptacles neatly in a circle. He looks up then, taking a moment to meet the eyes of each Empress. "And here, Dominion, we begin a new chapter of our existence - a new era of the Consanguine. Bear witness, those who have come, and rejoice in the unification of the Blood once more."

With the phials in his hand, Trager approaches the altar and its sterile silver dish.

A shiver tickles down your spine as Trager pours the contents of the phials into the silver basin before him and you feel a stirring in your veins.

As Trager looks up at the wall before him and slices his hand, the runes engraved into every wall pulse to life with a ruddy, red glow.

As the blood swirls within the bowl, it quickly rises into a miniature tornado of blood that promptly reaches for the new Primus.

Once the blood of the House Leaders makes contact with Trager it swiftly leaves the bowl and slides up his arms only to snake around his body until he is completely covered. Restrained.

Lowering your eyes from the pulsing runes to the ground, you bend a knee and kneel before your new Primus, "We pledge ourselves as your childer. To be the upholders of your word." As the last word leaves your mouth, you lift your chin proudly and begin to stand, "Rise with us as our Sire. Rise as our new Primus."

Erzsebet, Empress of Ve'kahi, kneels before Trager alongside you as she also recites the pledge.

Neoma, Empress of Bouchard, kneels before Trager alongside you as she also recites the pledge.

As the words ring out into the room, the atmosphere shifts and power begins to radiate from Trager as the blood coating his body sinks into his skin to meld seamlessly with his own.

A ripple of power spreads through your blood as the new Primus, Trager, is recognized.

As Trager turns away from the altar to regard the room, you see the knowledge of his position darken his eyes and ignite a hunger in his expression.

(House Bahir'an): You say, "Our Blood is strengthened again."

Trager lifts his gaze, an intent look etched across his features. "Bear witness," he booms out, hands outstretched to either side. "To the Blood, unified once more. Glory to the Blood, this day and into eternity!"

Trager allows his arms to drop, and when he next speaks, his voice has returned to its normal level. "Shall we return to the Font, Dominion? I would give those of you present words to think upon."

You have emoted: Sarita gazes pensively into the bowl for a moment before nodding to Trager.

With a brief smile, Nucemail Erzsebet Ve'kahi, Padishe Nimir'a says, "Lead the way, Primus."

Rijetta glances at Zisra for a long few moments, then slowly nods.

Zisra jerks her chin to Rijetta and Dysia.

Zisra leaves to the east, followed by Dysia.

Rijetta leaves to the east.

Nucemail Erzsebet Ve'kahi, Padishe Nimir'a wryly says, "Or follow the impatient, seems."

You follow Trager to the east.

The Font of Blood.

There are 10 wailing banshees here. Authority and power pervading her tall figure, Krisiina, blood slave of Abhorash stands watchfully here. Resting on the ground is a cube-shaped silver sigil. Massive in size, this onyx throne dominates the center of the chamber. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. Flecks of shale fling from a colossal earthen guard with each ambling motion he makes. Muttering emanates from behind the cowl of a scion of despair, a tarot card alight betwixt her gnarled, clawed fingers. Flames flicker about a stallion here and shed faint light onto the surroundings. An undead crossbowman is here, shuddering with twisted new life. Zenobia Bouchard is here. Lenina Seirath is here, shrouded. She wields a blackened warhammer in her hands. Praetor Zisra D'baen, the Iron Hammer is here. She wields a jewel-encrusted buckler in her left hand. Princess Rijetta D'baen is here, shrouded. She wields a blackened warhammer in her hands. Grand Duchess Dysia D'baen is here, hidden. A cloaked figure is here. Sanguine General, Empress Ellenia Nebre'seir is here. She wields a shimmering silver sceptre in her left hand. Phantom Neoma Bouchard, the Relentless is here, hidden. She wields a gruesome cresent scythe in her hands.

You see exits leading west and out.

Trager steps into the room from the west, moving with a purpose towards the throne set center of the room. He moves up beside it and turns, before settling himself down into the seat with an almost reverent care to his movements.

Trager clears his throat, and very soon after begins to speak. "The coming weeks and months will be ones of learning, of change, and of solidification. Together, the Empresses and I will begin to address what changes need making within the Dominion, with my utmost desire to be the rejection of the dictatorship that ruled the Blood for so long, and the reaffirmation of relations between the separate Houses."

Primus Trager Nehekhara says, "Know that any decision I make of import, regarding the Blood, will never be my decision alone. You have among you Empresses that lack no small measure of wisdom, grace and intelligence. Just as they have an obligation to you all of the Dominion, so to do I have an obligation to them."

Trager's voice rises, and perhaps the hint of a smile can be seen playing at the edges of his lips. "But rejoice, Dominion, for we are unified once more! Contemplate these changes within yourselves, and allow their true meaning to be deciphered: Unity. Unity of the Blood, between the Bloodlines, between the Houses. Let us cast aside past conceptions, and instead begin a new era, one where the bonds of the Consanguine tie together a family the likes of Sapience has never seen before, and will never witness again."

<<Imperial Dominion>>: Erzsebet says, "Well. No one can ever say that our new Sire lacks for pretty speeches and pageantry."

"That is all I have to say upon the matter," Trager finishes, voice dropping into quiet. "But as my missive to all of the Dominion stated, I will make myself available to each and every one of you, should you require it." A wry smile forms, more profound. "But be aware, you will most certainly not be the other one. I implore you to lean upon the wisdom of your Empresses at this time."

<<Imperial Dominion>>: Trager says, "Ah, transparency, above all else, Padishah. But stop, you'll have me flushing before the entirety of the Dominion. As impossible a task as that may be, somehow I think you would be up to the task."

Trager's voice roars as they focus on something unseen, and blood rushes to the surface of his skin as he riles his Blood.

Your sire's voice roars in your ears and your blood warms. You are called to battle, and the Blood in you responds.

You have gained the concentrate defence.
You have gained the blurred defence.
You have gained the shadowblow defence.

Callidora peers about herself suspiciously.

Trager arches a single eyebrow, amusement easy visible across his face. "I won't take anymore of your time now, Dominion."

Neoma nods her head sagely.

A palpitating tremor resonates from the leylines as a lesser focal point is tapped for its energy.

Primus Trager Nehekhara says, "Keep an eye and ear poised for changes in the coming days, for they will not be kept secret."

Harbinger of Chaos, Evilo Krogh-Bouchard says to Ellenia, "Lets go?"

Neoma inclines her head politely to those around her.

Zisra makes a rather soft laugh, shaking her head as she smartly spins on her heel, striding out.

Zenobia rolls her barbell along her teeth.

Arch Duke Aeteyr Bahir'an says, "Hail the new Primus. May he serve long and well!"

Aeteyr bows respectfully.

Ellenia slams her crossed fists on her chest, emulating the Malevolent's insignia.

Rijetta inclines her head politely to those around her.

Offering an amused smile, Nucemail Erzsebet Ve'kahi, Padishe Nimir'a says, "I'll drink to that."

Zenobia leaves to the out, followed by Lenina.

Princess Rijetta D'baen says, "In Blood."

Rijetta leaves to the out.

Trager inclines his head politely to those around him.

Alcmene inclines her head politely to those around her.

Ellenia offers Trager a respectful nod, "Primus", she says before turning and striding out of room.

Ellenia leaves to the out, followed by Evilo.

Primus Trager Nehekhara says, "I think, perhaps, I will join some of the Dominion and Bloodloch in the battle about to take place."

Aeteyr leaves to the out.

You say to Trager, "Enjoy the kills. Might we talk sometime soon after?"

Primus Trager Nehekhara says to you, "With pleasure, Khalifa."

Princess Callidora Bahir'an says, "If you will excuse me."

Callidora bows respectfully.

A gentle humming fills the area for a moment as Callidora concentrates, fading away again as Callidora blinks out of sight.

You have emoted: Sarita offers a polite nod, to Trager and Erzsebet before she leaves, saying only, "Good evening to you both, then."
PazradymTiurKodaXeniaTragerRazmaelKynaBenedictoTeani

Comments