Jaymi Joins the Indorani

... just kidding. ok, context here is that @Jaymi and vyx are long-time friends, and things have been kind of strained since vyx went indo. our heroine has an insatiable hunger for Exploring, however, so she's come by the ol' Lake of Blood to try to wriggle her way into some New Places. vyx, being a true ambush predator, seizes the opportunity...

Courtyard before the Tower of Darkness.
His green eyes glowing malevolently, a horrific black demon stands here, huge wings wrapped around his massive body. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. Resting on the ground is a cube-shaped silver sigil. An imperious hemic savant is here, leaning upon her scythe. Scanning the surroundings with a cool expression, a domineering Carnifex knight stands on watch here.
You see exits leading northwest and up.
The demon nods at you in welcome.

Jaymi bounces up and down in a hyper way.

Jaymi points off towards the north.

Jaymi tilts her head curiously.

You have emoted: Vyxsis steps toward Imal, Keeper of the Dark Tower, then turns on her heel to look at Jaymi. Her gaze is steady, calculating, and when she finally speaks, her voice takes an unfamiliar tone. "Frankly, my friend, you should not be here. The Illuminai are descended from those that forced the Indorani out of power many ages ago. Why would I grant you access, unless you were turning to our Priesthood? I could not easily justify it to the Phantom or the rest of the Council of Thirteen." She keeps her gaze fixed on Jaymi, awaiting a response despite knowing none can be voiced.

(Tells): Jaymi whispers into your consciousness, "The same reason Lady Chakrasul made a deal with me. With the hopes that I might move closer to changing sides."

Jaymi glances down, shuffling her feet uneasily.

You have emoted: "No," Vyxsis says quietly, "if there is anything neither Lady Chakrasul nor the Indorani trade in, it is hope." At a slow pace, the Horkvali woman begins to circle Jaymi - first in a wide arc, then moving closer and closer as though traveling along a spiral. When she stops, she is positioned behind Jaymi, nearly touching, and forcing Jaymi to pass either herself or the massive demon looking on. Jaymi can feel the subtle vibration of Vyxsis's buzzing as she hoarsely whispers, "We deal in Despair, Corruption. You have undergone Aiyr Qaepa, so you must know: all mortals carry Corruption within themselves. You, even, have taken a bit extra from the Dark Mother Herself. How long do you think you can run, hm?"

Jaymi raises to her tiptoes, spinning about in place so she's facing you, her face red. Her gaze drops to her toes as her fingers move to worry the hem of a delicate skirt of obsidian black.

You murmur to Jaymi, "Lady Chakrasul always returns for what is Hers, and you, my friend - you have given yourself over already."

(Tells): Jaymi whispers into your consciousness, "For... a long time, I hope. I'm g-good at running. Do you think I like what I'll see in there? That what I see in there will bring me hope? And Lady Chakrasul got what is Her's... She still owes me what is my due, now."

You have emoted: Vyxsis straightens to her full height, antennae erect and wings half-spread. "No," she says more loudly, more firmly, pointing to the jade marking on Jaymi's throat as she speaks. "She has not even begun to take what is Hers, not yet. Even in taking your voice, She has given you something." With an air of undefinable menace, she steps forward and closes the gap between your bodies, clunking her chitinous carapace into Jaymi's soft flesh. "Hope is a lie that we do not indulge here - and without it, we have been strong and grow strong again. Do you wish to be free? Then descend, let the Priesthood teach you. The Tower will be yours, then, along with many other things."

Jaymi cringes at your touch, taking a step back. She bites at her lower lip, small frame trembling. She gives a shake of her head, glancing up to look at you for just a moment.

(Tells): Jaymi whispers into your consciousness, "The cost is too high. Do you have another offer?"

You have emoted: A tumultuous cascade of clicking laughter pours from Vyxsis's throat. "Another offer? I have offered you freedom, and you tell me you cannot be bothered to sell your chains." She echoes herself, saying simply, flatly, "No." With that, the Inquisitor steps aside. "Go, you Illuminai who plays with the shadows. When you have learned to truly accept your stain, return. We will be here to guide you."

Jaymi gives a small nod, her body slipping around yours easily before she offers a small curtsey.
Jaymi leaves to the up.

(Tells): You whisper psychically into Jaymi's mind, "See yourself as a candle in the darkness if you like, little Syssin of Light, but know - truly know - what the Indorani all know: a single candle only emphasizes the darkness until it is swallowed up, having burnt out."

(Tells): Jaymi whispers into your consciousness, "Maybe that is true, but a candle in the dark can steal lead others to light while it burns."

(Tells): You whisper psychically into Jaymi's mind, "Yes, but when it goes out? It and all it led will be consumed."

(Tells): Jaymi whispers into your consciousness, "Enough candles make a path, long enough path and you find your way to the sun."

our lil tsol'aa is pretty tough when it comes down to it!
Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
(Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

KodaJaymiPazradymVash

Comments

• Yay Jaymi! Fight the ebil bug with your hope!
    By the divine might of Omei, you are restored to life.
    Omei gives the corpse of a headless cadaver to you.
    Omei offers you a quick wink.

VashJaymiVyxsis
  • I am continually amazed at how skilled you all are at creating such scenes and expressing such emotions in real time. The creepiness factor and the bravery were both perfect. Taking something that could have basically been "I was told I could come in" "No go away" and turning it into this is sooo cool.

The candle references at the end reminded me of the phrase "It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness".
    Typically In Game: JST (GMT+9) 6AM-8AM and 6PM-10PM
    PazradymJaymiVyxsis
  • VyxsisVyxsis Vyxsis
    @Pazradym [clicks 'Disagree' but in a funny way]
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

PazradymJaymi