Bashing Dungeon Idea

So, this idea has been going back and forth in my head lately, and I spoke with people on Raiders and a lot of people seemed really gung-ho about it.

Is it possible to have a new area made that was much like a dungeon (think WoW type dungeons)? This would not be a normal dungeon, no. This dungeon would be explicitly harder than any area we've hunted before. Harder than Tcanna, Tiyen, Vortex, and Xaanhal. This will be THE HARDEST area to bash and it would probably (and most likely) require people to work together. High xp rewards, high gold rewards, honors line chances, maybe a few quest lines, one big boss and a few minibosses.

Now, I understand that things are developed as a team, and that the admin teams have their own projects that they're working on and that everything usually goes through a board process of what wants to be done. However, if the majority of players want to see something like this involved, is it possible to be done? Furthermore, would it be even more possible if a majority of the leg work was completed by us players (mobs, room descriptions, attack lines, may layout, ideas for quest lines, etc)?

I don't want to give afflictions or powers to the player creation ideas because then that would probably make the area too easy for those of us who helped create it. But the foreground stuff takes just as long as the background stuff and is just as important.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on if this is a possibility @Tiur, @Oleis, @Razmael.

Additionally, I'd love to hear from players to see if this is maybe a thing you'd like to see introduced.

DzekkVyxsisLinSeth

Comments

• A couple years back, development of some kind of raid-boss dungeons was being tossed around by admin and apparently it was even coded to testing-ready stages. I'm not sure what happened to them since:

http://forums.aetolia.com/discussion/372/new-instances

Would be interesting for sure to see more mobs that need teamwork and reward for it appropriately.
  • This concept reminds me of the Devourer, or whatever it was that attacked Bloodloch ages back.

Where some people had to throw chains on it to hold it still, while others laid the beatdown on it.

That was an awesome fight, by the way.
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    I would like to see boss enemies that have "shields" where groups attack to weaken them, and at damage X they drop and a room line goes out signifying weakness to a specific class skills.  

Some bosses might need a vampire, indorani, and carnifex to take down; and some might need a zealot, Templar, and shaman to fight.  Point is it'd be a required team battle with class specific triggers to kill.  Make them instanced dungeons to determine light/shadow affinity.  Easy dungeons might only need 2 people, hard ones might need 4+ classes.

You could use this system in realm wide events that require all players coming together to defeat an invading force, demon, god, ect...
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    I don't necessarily agree with making the dungeon a requirement to have people from both sides working together to complete it. As it would blur the lines between friend/foe. That's not to say you can't hunt together, but it would leave questionable doubt as to who you're loyal to.

That said, instanced dungeons would be nice. I was reading over the link @Valingar posted and actually found a lot of it very entertaining and would love to see implemented.

As for the event or lore that would happen to bring this about. I do have a few ideas that might make sense in this becoming an area that we would then just slaughter.

• Jensen said:

I would like to see boss enemies that have "shields" where groups attack to weaken them, and at damage X they drop and a room line goes out signifying weakness to a specific class skills.  

Some bosses might need a vampire, indorani, and carnifex to take down; and some might need a zealot, Templar, and shaman to fight.  Point is it'd be a required team battle with class specific triggers to kill.  Make them instanced dungeons to determine light/shadow affinity.  Easy dungeons might only need 2 people, hard ones might need 4+ classes.

You could use this system in realm wide events that require all players coming together to defeat an invading force, demon, god, ect...

Baelak Shipbreaker was like this.

He cycled through weakness to various elements, and could only be damaged when he was weak to certain things. Similar too to the ctenophores.
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Wasn't this what the Volcano was supposed to be? Like, way back when? Group together for fantastical experience!

Or just solo stuff and win better.

But, either way, I like cooperation.
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Kelliara said:

Jensen said:

Baelak Shipbreaker was like this.

He cycled through weakness to various elements, and could only be damaged when he was weak to certain things. Similar too to the ctenophores.
    Those types of events were what I was thinking of for realm wide events. I'd like to see it used on a smaller scale though in instanced areas that could tell the persons alignment to determine damage types