Limb Damage System

2»

Comments

• Having played Achaea, I have a higher appreciation for pre-resto now. With prep, you can just hit one->run and heal to fullx100 and the aff class has 0 chance to kill you. Here, there's ways to stop people from running once you get the kill sequence started, and chasing them down while they limp away is more viable than locking them down with an aff or two since good rng or priorities blasts your hinder away.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    That's a fair comment bro, but at the same time, there are hinders to keep people in the room with you there, too. Hamstring, cut tendons, and the loneliness aff is a thing there too. Piety/gh/tents. Frozen ground, etc etc. Also never had a problem chasing people down to impale/twist again or what have, on a tumble out. 
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Yeah but my point is that momentum classes can't really 'handle' anyone who just hit-and-runs prep. There isn't enough mechanics here for that either - if a monk does 1 leg combo then leaves/touches shield, then does an arm combo...you can't stop them from prepping you and you can't lock them down.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    True. Can't really think of a counter for that. 
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • The counter = Jester. Just port Jester to Aetolia.

#JesterWinz4Dayz

Daishin
  • TiurTiur Producer
    @Satomi Well, there we go. I thought I could make it longer than a month without having to ban someone, but oh well.
    LinIllikaalFezzixIshinAnnabeth
  • @Tiur <3 You make me laugh. Totally not fear behind these eyes. Surely not. Look at this face!! O.O

• SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    How could you even suggest that, @Satomi? What kind of monster are you?

• @Serrice #VampLyfe B)

Really, though, I think 30% healing from resto is a solid place.. of course, as I said earlier, I don't know how much damage a person could stack onto a limb in the time it takes restoration to work.. but I haven't heard uproar or anything, and since bruising, burning, and chill seem to be coming to the forefront as ways to press salve, it's becoming more of an option.. maybe?

Still don't want to have to deal with, or worry about, parry and rebounding.. so I'ma just stick to my affs and bashing. Last thing I'd want to deal with is trying to run away for my limb to reset (which takes like 1-5 minutes, last I recall), or the most annoying thing in the world consisting of a monk leaving the room and jumpkicking back in until I die because it stuns me every bleedin' leap.

>.> Or the trip/hammer/hammer spam that monks can do, which I was only able to counter on my bard by learning that Balancing exists. The guy gave me crap for it, too, as if I were the one cheesing him when I ended up winning with pesante spam.

Achaea cheese is so cheese. Lets not eat that cheese. #BanJester

• EliadonEliadon Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    But... how else are we going to attract Bonko?
    Daishin
  • Bonko is always with us in our hearts.
    AishiaTozDaishinSerrice
  • DaegonDaegon Canada
    Having just gotten a limb class and not having used once since long before AI systems were incorporated so you could just simply watch them cure and know when to use what.

I'm finding it hard to find much information on how limb damage works. Like if the % dealt by a skills is based off Str. If the % dealt changes depending on certain things your enemy might have, like higher str then you or something.

I don't really mind the coding part of it all, but the last couple days I've had to wait on other people to have spare time to just stand around and feed me information on how much damage my skills are doing(And I thank @Zenobia and @Meltas very much for putting up with my 1 hit then run and code for half an hour behavour the past couple days). I just think it would be easier if there was a help file or something that explained how much damage you can do. Or perhaps something like AUDIT that tells you what kind of limb damage you can do with what limb damage skill. Of course this would all be based on the class you are currently in. Maybe I'm just too new to the new way limb classes are, but just a few things I'd like to see personally.
    'Those that do not attempt are those with the least stories to tell.'
  • Daegon said:

Having just gotten a limb class and not having used once since long before AI systems were incorporated so you could just simply watch them cure and know when to use what.

I'm finding it hard to find much information on how limb damage works. Like if the % dealt by a skills is based off Str. If the % dealt changes depending on certain things your enemy might have, like higher str then you or something.

I don't really mind the coding part of it all, but the last couple days I've had to wait on other people to have spare time to just stand around and feed me information on how much damage my skills are doing(And I thank @Zenobia and @Meltas very much for putting up with my 1 hit then run and code for half an hour behavour the past couple days). I just think it would be easier if there was a help file or something that explained how much damage you can do. Or perhaps something like AUDIT that tells you what kind of limb damage you can do with what limb damage skill. Of course this would all be based on the class you are currently in. Maybe I'm just too new to the new way limb classes are, but just a few things I'd like to see personally.

Teradrim is a pre set amount of limb damage and pretty certain it doesn't change by a great amount maybe .01%. Only one Ive really seen change is Templar with maces and I believe Carnifex (That's why you get the same damage weapons each time so coding is easier to track) and Tekura changes by maybe .5% depending on the persons health.
    MayhemHunting - Discord Chat - CLANHELP MAY (ingame)

Daegon
  • DaegonDaegon Canada
    @Sivekui Thank you. That was actually of great help. Now I don't have to worry that my tracker is way off.
    'Those that do not attempt are those with the least stories to tell.'