Short Questions

Comments

• Since I can't seem to get a straight answer IG. What skill tree is used for making tarot cards? I know woodcrafting makes tarot decks for holding them but I actually want to make my own so I don't have to keep blowing money on cards and keep other stores stocked up for the novices. Can't find any info anywhere about how to make them. Plus it would be kind of cool to have custom tarot cards.
    'Those that do not attempt are those with the least stories to tell.'
  • Woodcrafting, CARVE TAROT CARDS is the syntax.

Daegon
  • AloliAloli Between Books
    I'm still learning my way around the forum so I apologize if this is the wrong place for this question.

For @Oleis and @Tiur, is it possible to restrict order 'cityboon' to only active citizens and not dormant ones? This would decrease the amount of essence drained from an order and wouldn't bombard the dormant citizen's inbox with messages.
    Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost. - Khalil Gibran
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    The amount of essence taken is essentially negligible compared to most orders totals. If anything it's too cheap.
    KerrynAloliSibatti
  • Can someone clarify for me exactly what these Shapeshifter hoods do?

I can't quite work it out, and I'm intrigued, but unsure how much I want one.
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
  • AnteheAntehe Immortal

+ Hood of the - These hoods will immediately change your pelt into the mentioned style. Be careful, you cannot get this back if you change it later!

Wearing the hood will change your pelt to the type of the hood. It will not add it to your pool to swap between, however, so if you forgo it by changing your pelt again later, you will need to find another hood to return to it.

So, "a brooding-black hood of the Werewolf" will turn you into Jacob from Twilight.
    Kelliara
  • KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    Antehe said:

+ Hood of the - These hoods will immediately change your pelt into the mentioned style. Be careful, you cannot get this back if you change it later!

Wearing the hood will change your pelt to the type of the hood. It will not add it to your pool to swap between, however, so if you forgo it by changing your pelt again later, you will need to find another hood to return to it.

So, "a brooding-black hood of the Werewolf" will turn you into Jacob from Twilight.
    You'll also become unable to wear a shirt.
    AnteheKelliaraArbreKerrynLinSibatti
  • Keroc said:

Antehe said:

You'll also become unable to wear a shirt.
    As long as there are no Sunglasses of the Vampire that make them sparkle like diamonds in the sunlight, rather than catch on fire.

Good to know that the hood doesn't add the pelt to your pool, though.

Thanks guys.
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    Any chance we could get a list of all the pelt colours that exist for these hoods?
    Koda
  • TiurTiur Producer
    I went ahead and made this:

ANNOUNCE NEWS #2680
    Date: 4/26/2017 at 15:28
    To : Everyone
    Subj: April Promo Things... Again

And here I thought I was being clever and mysterious, but instead I just pulled the hood over
    everyone's eyes. Details!

When you wear a shapeshifter hood, it will become your pelt. The hood will be gone and you will have
    something new! This pelt is not added to your list, however... so if you GROW a different one later,
    it will be gone as well.

Types!

Werewolf - tundral, sun-bleached, blood-rusted, vulpine
    Wereboar - frosted, sun-bleached, blood-rusted, razorback
    Werebear - tundral, earthen, blood-rusted, snowy
    Werecroc - albino, blood-rusted, pebbled, translucent
    Wereraven - iridescent, mottled, blood-rusted, emerald

Blood-rusted is for the predator types and is very intimidating!
    The fourth type for each were is something odd and unique, a variant on the species.
    AloliSeir
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Also worth mentioning that the promotional hoods are not subject to the usual time restrictions on regrowing pelts.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Aloli
  • out of curiousity, what happens when you change shifter types? also lost? or is it like...banked in case you change back?
    By the divine might of Omei, you are restored to life.
    Omei gives the corpse of a headless cadaver to you.
    Omei offers you a quick wink.

• OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Pazradym said:

out of curiousity, what happens when you change shifter types? also lost? or is it like...banked in case you change back?

Lost. These are meant to be consumable, in some sense. You can expect to see these and similar ones in other promos moving forward.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • Fair enough! Thats pretty much what I figured but wanted to check.  Thanks for the info! Looking forward to more cool stuff!
    By the divine might of Omei, you are restored to life.
    Omei gives the corpse of a headless cadaver to you.
    Omei offers you a quick wink.

The blood-rusted one looks interesting. I'm curious as to what it looks like for wereraven if anyone gets their hands on it.
    edited April 2017
    I obtained the blood-rusted one for wereraven, if anyone was interested (though I'm personally a little underwhelmed by it):

Dark plumage spotted with blood-like spots of rust, Seir strides in from the northwest.

With a dark pelt seemingly spotted by blood, Seir strides out to the northwest.

Edit: Never mind, it got changed to be totally edgy now (and I like it >>):

Dark plumage rusted with a dark red, Seir strides in the from the south looking as though covered in blood.

With a dark pelt seemingly dipped in blood, Seir strides out to the south.
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    With a dark pelt seemingly dipped in blood, Seir strides out to the south.

That doesn't seem right.

• TiurTiur Producer
    Some of them are being rephrased. I apparently started losing my mind around the 30th message or so.
    SeirOleis
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Teleporting behind you, Seir edges out to the south, nothing personnel kid.
    Seir
  • Does the endgame flight ability that can be purchased give a message about having wings when you activate it? Tempting to grab, but I'm not sure I want to give my character wings to justify it.

Not sure if it acts like ring of flight, or the Archivist ascend ability, or.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I believe all flight messages use wings of some kind. I RP around it, though, justifying it with my character being a Sciomancer and having some control over Air rather than having actual wings.

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    the RING OF FLIGHT doesn't show wings.
  • Would Supreme Leader (blessed be His soul) @Tiur consider bribes to make a wingless_flight version in the endgame choice list? That would be kind of amazing.
    ValainAxiusSeir
  • Racial skill: always_leg_day

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Sarita
  • TiurTiur Producer
    @Koda I'll think about it, but I'd really prefer to redo the endgame than mess with the list as is.
    KodaXavinLin
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    @Tiur Oh reeeeaaalllyy? And how would you redo it?
    KodaTeaniXavin
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Noooooo

I will so not tease you with features I have no release date on. So far I am trying to keep monthly themes with a few long term plans.
    OleisXavinEowynLin
  • @Tiur can these new relic molds and whatnot be traded in like all the other relic pieces/things in chests somehow? I may be goofing up on the tradein command, but I'm not sure since we've got multiple commands.

PROMO TRADEIN
    RELIC TRADEIN
    TRADEIN X

etc. It may be super nice if those could be turned into one command that works for everything, but that could be asking a bit too much!
  • TiurTiur Producer
    edited May 2017
    I'll do that.
    E:
    And done. @Koda I apologize for that not being done from the start.
  • SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
    What's going on with Moghedu? It was never reopened after the Aalen Bloom, and with no explanation as to why.
    AxiusXavin