Vyxsis

Hi, I am a bug. My claim to fame is being told to shut up by denizens of the realm.

I do not really know what I am doing here.
Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
(Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

LeanaKodazaMelanthaMephistolesKarhastTacitus

Comments

• Since joining the Sentinals, Vyxsis has been a constant and close companion to Jaymi. She urges her to grow, gets frustrated at how slow she can be in that growth, but never stops trying. Watching her in that same period grow to become such an interesting and layered character that's as influenced by Jaymi's actions as the other way around has been a real pleasure for me. Not Jaymi's oldest friend, but definitely one of her closest. <3 the Lady Bug

VyxsisMephistolesLeanaTacitus
  • I've been enjoying Vyxsis a great deal. She's very interesting and the intellectual discussions between her and Mephistoles are something that I have really been enjoying. She comes across as a clear personality and a unique individual, which I think is pretty impressive with how new she is.

Whatever it is you're doing here, you're doing it well.
    VyxsisLeanaTacitus
  • I love Vyxsis, she is always seeking Elli out to just check in with her, and Elli has gotten so attached to her friendship. And butt saving a few times, *Cough sausage cough* i love how easily she was able to look past the slightly abrasive side of Elliana when she gets crabby, really speaks wonders of the player. <3 chu bbys!
    I am not a morning inside four walls. I am the hurricane setting fire to the forests at night when no one else is alive or awake. I live in my own flames sometimes burning too bright -too wild to make things last and so I run. Far and wide until my bones ache and lungs burn..and it feels good.
    Do you hear that?
    It feels good, it feels good because I am both the slave and the ruler of my own body and I wish to do with it exactly as I please
    VyxsisLeanaTacitus
  • i feel so very affirmed thx all
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

• I love @Vyxsis.

She randomly approached me in Duiran and struck up a conversation. What followed has been the most enjoyable and memorable moments I've had being Leana in years. Through their interactions, Leana has started to finally become something more than an angry remnant from a long dead age and grow into someone who belongs among the light. Vyxsis continues to surpass my expectations each and everytime, like when she accepted my weird blunt marriage proposal. Or when she's just calling me out when I tease her. It's hard to list all the little things.

I met Vyxsis as an Azudim, but she has kept strongly to the Horkval heritage that is so rare these days. Adding little bits of flavor to her regular says and emotes (mentioning the buzzing sounds associated with her speech, mentioning her wings and antennae as one would mention their hands or expression, for example). She's been wonderfully consistent in her Mantid roleplay (Even being annoyed with me for using certain game emotes on her :lol: ).

Her positive influence led Leana to meeting people I'd normally not bump into, like Melantha and Jaymi. She's generous, kind, considerate, thoughtful, caring, and a far better person than Leana ever has been. Any positive change you may notice in Leana, is all thanks to Vyxsis. Each time I login I look forward to seeing how their roleplay will continue to develop amidst the world conflicts.

VyxsisJaymiKodazaAryTacitus
  • I haven't gotten to interact much with Vyxsis, due to how quiet Ary can be. I really hope to change this at some point as I start getting used to the way Ary is changing. I hope that you don't hesitate to seek her out in the future. I like how everyone has such a huge plus for you as means to who she is on such a level. I think it would be fun and lead to some very interesting situations.
    Vyxsis
  • I feel a strange affinity for Vyxsis. At first, Nola wasn't sure what to think with that characteristic practicality of Horkvali that you present so well! But that's come to be one of my favorite parts about Vyxsis. She's easily very reasonable, and she's always a great sport when it comes to teasings, whether it's at her, or when it's time to lay it out on someone else. The little bit of time Nola and her have gotten to talk in a more 'serious' way, I've enjoyed it just as much, because it's easy to talk to her and trade ideals and knowledge. It's been really nice to have Vyxsis around.

JaymiVyxsisTacitus
  • This is long overdue, but required regardless. Vyxsis is awesome! Come's off as a diligent, hard working Horkvali. Truly a noble bug, for sure. Her now and then check in's on Tacitus are always genuine and welcomed by the guy, and he holds Vyx with as much love and regard as he gives to anyone in his guild. There's weight and substance to Vyxsis, and interacting with her is always good RP. Keep it going!

VyxsisLeana
  • Best Bug!

In all seriousness though, I have always enjoyed getting to RP with you. Having read some other the others posts here, I feel like I get a higher percentage of our interactions with snark, sass, and zippy one liners then with many others may but that makes it all the more fun. Vyxsis and Paz have only really interacted maybe ten times or so across the spread of knowing each other, but it already feels like they have been friends for way longer.
    By the divine might of Omei, you are restored to life.
    Omei gives the corpse of a headless cadaver to you.
    Omei offers you a quick wink.

VyxsisLeana
  • ErebosErebos Right there! Oh you missed him!
    I had the pleasure of interacting with Vyxsis in a lesser recently and I thoroughly enjoyed it! Erebos is getting a taste for combat ad his beliefs,  which makes him a bit overzealous right now. While that did not stop Vyxsis from burning the young Teradrim to a crisp, she kept a good banter and sustained dialogue.

I had half expected to not be given the time of day,  but she surprised me.  

P.S. @Vyxsis I didn't realize you were a horkval when I made that comment, but the coincidence was hilarious.

LeanaVyxsis
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Seems like a persistent little bug! Managed to get on Teani's nerves a bit, which I found snicker worthy myself. Don't let that get to you though, there's a lot on my character's mind. Hoping to get a chance at some real RP at some point, and not just Lessers and such. :smiley:

DidiJaymiVyxsis
  • idk i probs shouldn't try to reply to everyone even though it's really tempting - i want to talk to you all!!

so, @Pazradym, Vyx just kind of tends to treat men she's friends with that way. it's partially discomfort, partially a weird way of showing affection, partially whoevenknowswhatthisweirdobugisthinking. y'know?

but um to my lil shadow bbz:

@Erebos i really, really thoroughly enjoyed that. at first, i thought for sure you were messing with me, but you kept it up really well! A+++ bants, would bant again.

@Teani idk if i've expressed this thoroughly enough IG but for real... i feel awful about the way Teani and Vyx have tangled thus far. like, i swear, i'm not trying to persecute you, i'm just a friggin dumbug. hope we'll get a chance to do some real RP soon, tho.

cheers all! these are really nice to read

PazradymTeani
  • I absolutely love Vyxsis, as a character. Well-rounded, from the RP we have had. (There was a reason Cardie wanted three questions before that duel lol)

We should RP more.

Also, GAH STOP PALLING ME.
    Vyxsis
  • Vyxsis.
    She is a bug.
    A bug that is buggy.
    A fire bug. A bugs life.
    A bug that does bug things.
    A bugs life of a fire bug.
    Bug.

That is Vyxsis.

VyxsisJamiJaymiKodaza
  • VyxsisVyxsis Vyxsis
    edited April 2017
    only been a couple weeks since @Tenshyo graced us with that lovely, uh, poem(??), but vyx has been gettin' things done. someone turned the bug into a guild secretary for gods know what reason. really ramped up the water beetle thing (vyx <3@Slyphe 5ever). been a nuisance maybe a little more than usual. etc etc ad nauseam.

would love more thoughts per favore / thx

• Love you, I promise!
  • VyxsisVyxsis Vyxsis
    things have happened! vyx has BETRAYED everyone or something, and now the light hates her stupid buggy guts. more people on shadow are meeting her and maybe seeing she's not so bad. she's changed colors (again) and got a neat star burned into her head. therefore:

it is time to affirm me more! (please)

• edited May 2017

JamiKarhastAnnabeth
  • VyxsisVyxsis Vyxsis
    cold @Jaymi

• VyxsisVyxsis Vyxsis
    wait, doesn't this make you the dark side??

• EliadonEliadon Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    Look at the bright side, Vyxsis is no longer a horrible Horkvali traitor... but she is a traitor to Spirit! It's magical!
    Vyxsis
  • VyxsisVyxsis Vyxsis
    @Eliadon lol maaaan vyx isn't a torstonite horkval!!!! she never was a filthy horkvali traitor!!!!

well, ok, until she went ebil >:3c

• it's been a number of months, so i'm renewing my plea for attention. vyx is also phantom of the indorani! spooky! just look how unicorns spooky she is, gosh darn it! but ya, curious how people are feeling about That Bug these days.

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    I honestly did not know what to expect when we first crossed paths. There's a certain level of intrigue that Vyxsis gives off that makes me want to explore the layered history that follows her. It feels like Vyxsis is methodical and aims for the straightest path but it comes across as something more in your writing. I cannot quite place my finger on it and I don't know if that mystery is something you're going for but I definitely like it.

I also like that you've taken up the challenge of playing the Horkval and drawing attention to a different side of Aetolia that I tend to forget about. I look forward to more collaborations even if our chars are enemies!
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • it's been like 6 months, so hopefully a bump isn't too obnoxious. tell me something?

Leana
  • I love @Vyxsis .

Some backstory.... I really enjoy Aetolia. It's been my first choice of escape for the last 15 years. At some point, however, the magic in the game faded for me. Disappointment over events, relationships breaking down, and people leaving put me in a state of obligation rather than enjoyment. I was at the end and giving up, packing up my bags (retirement), was a real consideration.

Then there was Vyxsis. She was this complete newbie who received the brunt of the harsh, clique-elitism of the oldbies and managed to maintain her individualism and her spirit. I was this weirdo with a bad temper and many more flaws, yet she talked to me.

Just like that, she took the embers of my passion and poked at them. Everything I do now (Like Source work) can be attributed to her indirectly. I've written and said as much before, earlier in this forum. That hasn't changed in the last year.

Months and months later? We've had so many good times. I've been able to see the transformation from this innocent Luminary of change to the first image of the Indorani that comes to mind. I've enjoyed being apart and seeing her engage in RP with enemies, Gods, allies, and rando NPCs. Her unique personality conveys that perfect sort of whimsical chaos she's embodied since day one. I love it when she irritates others. I love it when she bests them whey they try to outwit her. I love it when she gets angry, though I feel bad. I love what she's doing for the Indorani. I look forward to each day because I know we'll find something interesting or fun to do.

I have so much I want to say but I'll stop here. I think you know how I feel.

Everyone else!!! Go check out Magical Girl Vyxsis that Eleanor drew! I'm not sure if she posted it though.

VyxsisOonagh
    Discount Trikal? ;O
    IllikaalVyxsisEmir
  • Didn't she beat @Trikal last time in Syssin v Syssin?

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Vyxsis
    The Actual Trikal? ;O
  • vyxsyssin does beat triksyssin
    Eliadon said:

Discount Trikal? ;O

if you really want to go here, though...

Eliadon? you mean Discount Mazzion? ;O

Leana