We're Revamping Our Curing -- Don't Panic Just Yet

Comments

• AnteheAntehe Immortal
    Razmael said:

And for you crafters sweating about what'll happen to your designs that use old Concoction herbs, you have nothing to fear! Obtain an iron sickle, and you can harvest all non-Herbalism plants (including the old Concoction herbs) even if you don't have the Herbalism skill.

LeanaAloli
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Reux said:

Oleis said:

Reux said:

Razmael said:

Like other Mercantile preparation rooms, these rooms can be purchased by cities for a bulk sum of gold.

And havens, right?

No.
    Are you taking forges, venom prep, and enchanting? I don't see why you're blocking one and not the other.
    Because while taking those away would be consistent with what I want from Havens, it would be a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth without a lot of real gain. It's much more effective (and less tumultuous) to decline to offer an option than it is to take existing options away.

tl;dr they got grandfathered in.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Leana
  • edited March 2017
    @Vyxsis just brought up to me:
    Orrery unlocks this week. Eastern time:
    The Aetolian date of 10 Variach, 465 MA at midnight would be 2017/03/23 02:48:32.

Going to be fun.

Edit: Maybe a bad time to release the new curing system. Or the best time, depending on your perspective. Overall, I think if there's a limited supply of curatives, it'll bring down participation.

Tenshyo
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    The second skillset: is it going to be exclusive to the undead for those who want to take it? Or will those amongst the living also be able to take it?
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    From what I understand, the second Cure-making skillset is needed to complete all cures. Meaning, people have to cooperate to make the full set of curatives we use today (or rather, the new versions of them). If it is exclusive to the Undead, it would mean the Spirit side is left without some curatives completely, because they would never approach an Undead to help them make cures for ideological reasons.

Sarita
  • Seems legit, obviously having undead friends is a good thing. Time to teach the light side that lesson. :tongue:
    Leana said:

@Vyxsis just brought up to me:
    Orrery unlocks this week. Eastern time:
    The Aetolian date of 10 Variach, 465 MA at midnight would be 2017/03/23 02:48:32.

Going to be fun.

Edit: Maybe a bad time to release the new curing system. Or the best time, depending on your perspective. Overall, I think if there's a limited supply of curatives, it'll bring down participation.

Don't worry, we're planning around it.
    Axius said:

The second skillset: is it going to be exclusive to the undead for those who want to take it? Or will those amongst the living also be able to take it?

The goal here is to remove any differentiation between living curing and undead curing, so nope.
    [---]
    Leana
  • RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    Sivekui said:

@Oleis / @Razmael Any chance to tell the Cities how much these rooms are going to cost BEFORE the release so maybe the City can purchase it on release date so you dont have 20 people standing in one room in Esterport?

This also might save some hassle and city people can assist other members of its own city to 'make/produce' the new stuff

10 million each like the Toxicology/Enchantment rooms. (Effectively 5 million each once you take that half price research perk into account)
    DemarcusSeth
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Sounds like fun. Sign me up! Not that I had a choice to begin with...
    The second of the two new skillsets for curing is Apothecary!

Apothecary operates in a vaguely similar fashion to Reanimation, wherein you obtain the ingredients needed for it from corpses. However, unlike Reanimation where you could obtain the bulk of slices from most NPC corpses, Apothecary ingredients will come from specific types of creatures (e.g. a tail from a rat). Unlike Reanimation, these parts are entirely animal based (e.g. animal fat, tails, hearts, etc) and there are no ingredients that come from sentient beings.

These ingredients can then be taken to a special preparation room to boil them down into elixirs and poultices. Some elixirs and poultices will additionally require ingredients gathered from Herbalism (and they need some of your ingredients for their pills as well!).

Obtaining ingredients from corpses now requires a tool: an iron scalpel, which can only be made by those with the Forging skillset. This tool additionally allows non-Apothecarists to obtain the old Reanimation slices from corpses, should you have a need for them.

PREPARATION
    This works almost identical to how I described preparation for Herbalism earlier in the thread, with a similar syntax: PREPARE 50 HEALTH, which will begin preparing the health elixirs across multiple ticks of balance. You will, of course, need access to a new Apothecary room upgrade to prepare elixirs and poultices.

Some differences are that instead of elemental ice and ashes, the multiplier ingredients for Apothecary are gold and silver commodities. Adding gold will produce twice as much as silver does.

Additionally, once you've finished preparing the curative you're making, there's a final step involved: DISTILL. This is a completely free action (i.e. no bal/eq) and is just there so you can divide up your refill into multiple holders (fluidcache, vial/bandage, cask, etc).
    SibattiSeirAxiusFyrrenIshin
  • SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
    Dangit I was pretty sure I was gonna be a Herbalist, but this sounds cool. :<
    Kelliara
  • Hmm, pills vs health vials...
  • edited March 2017
    Completely animal based?! What about the trees full of corpse parts to dissect!? *laughs* Will the artifact scalpels be converted to the new setup for extra extraction of parts and pieces per disection for parts? Keep up all the hard work!
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Is there any chance that everyone could get the quest from Milly? It seems like everyone can do the ones from Hassem, but the other is limited to people with concoctions or something.
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    edited March 2017
    Sarita said:

Is there any chance that everyone could get the quest from Milly? It seems like everyone can do the ones from Hassem, but the other is limited to people with concoctions or something.

Non-concoctionists can harvest 50 plants a week/RL day.
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

• SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I know. Before I posted that, we couldn't interact with Milly at all though.
  • AloliAloli Between Books
    What will end up happening with artifacts like the gardener's gloves (quick_harvest)?
    Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost. - Khalil Gibran
    Aloli said:

What will end up happening with artifacts like the gardener's gloves (quick_harvest)?

They will work mostly the same in the new skills (with some modifications). We'll be giving full refunds if you opt to take the other skill (or no skill at all).
    [---]
    Aloli
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    When can we expect the skills to be released? In the next day or two?
    Axius said:
    When can we expect the skills to be released? In the next day or two?
    Today, if you're on US time. 
    [---]
  • will we get commands similar to elixlist short and elixlist missing for the new curatives?
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    This still feels like an elaborate April fools
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Some glitches.

Cohosh doesn't map to kawhepill

More importantly, skullcap used to be EATEN and SMOKED, but that functionality is split between REISHI and THANATONIN in the new system.

This breaks defing up.

Serrice said:

Some glitches.

Cohosh doesn't map to kawhepill

More importantly, skullcap used to be EATEN and SMOKED, but that functionality is split between REISHI and THANATONIN in the new system.

This breaks defing up.

+--------------------------- CHANGELOG ENTRY #1443 ---------------------------+
    | Entered by: Razmael Date: 2017/04/01 07:14:10 |
    +--------------------------------- CHANGE ------------------------------------+

* Cohosh/Tongue properly substitute to kawhepill now.
    * OUTC and INC when used with SKULLCAP will attempt to take out both thanatonin and reishi.

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
  • RoxiRoxi Reno, NV
    Would it be possible at all to make harvestable plants have a color code that we could manipulate with 'config color', kind of like how we can set mobile colors and etc? It's probably a personal problem, but I'm having a heck of a time with actually catching that there's plants I can harvest in the room with me. Maybe it's just because I've not done proper concoctions in -years-, but I think it'd make things easier.

This is a super cool update though. I thought I'd really dislike it at first (simply because learning new cures = bleh) but I really enjoyed the rp for it and I think it's coming off mostly awesome. <3@Oleis and @Razmael and everyone else that worked on it!
    "
  • With the cure rollout, would it be possible to add a config that changes the cosmetic cure method only for 3rd person messages you see rather than the curemsgs config that changes everything?

• Is it possible to harvest more than 1k herbs per day? That's no where near enough, since I'm already forced to buy the elixirs. I should be able to harvest the herbs I need without having to buy them as well.

The way things are, we'll be seeing some people forced to just quit the game because now you can't bash/pk for long.
    Roxi
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    edited April 2017
    Nevermind, figured it out myself.
  • It's almost like some of you didn't read the initial concept behind why this was being revamped.
    Dato said:

Is it possible to harvest more than 1k herbs per day? That's no where near enough, since I'm already forced to buy the elixirs. I should be able to harvest the herbs I need without having to buy them as well.

The way things are, we'll be seeing some people forced to just quit the game because now you can't bash/pk for long.

I want to give people plenty of time to adjust to changes and scale back the hyperbole, because we disagree in a very fundamental way. If someone feels 'forced to quit' because they have to spend gold to buy herbs, elixirs, and poultices, they are welcome to share their concerns with me whenever and however they're inclined to do so.
    [---]
    Ayegor