Free pics, sortof?

Comments

• SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage
    @Buford My Sessi picture took two hours, from when I started the outline to finished product. The outline of Kanivara took me 1 hour, so gonna see how long the coloring takes. I am guessing around an hour. Sketching takes a long time for me, since I've NEVER worked with sketching before getting the tablet. That's why I leave the sketching out. It's still a big insecurity for me and I use a multitide of pictures as references. One for pose, one for hair, a few for clothes. And if there are braids, most likely one for each braid.

Anywho.. since I really enjoy making these videos, and I just spent a little over $60 on a great video editing program (big thank you to those who've actually tipped their artist with real money. I've gotten a lifetime deal on video editing program and new nibs for my pen! <3 ). I will most likely keep doing videos of the coming commissions, without pay. If anyone who's gotten a pic before this feels left out, let me know and I will toss in a free chibi or cartoony thing or.. you know.. at least something!
    KanivaraBuford
  • Sessizlik said:

@Buford My Sessi picture took two hours, from when I started the outline to finished product. The outline of Kanivara took me 1 hour, so gonna see how long the coloring takes. I am guessing around an hour. Sketching takes a long time for me, since I've NEVER worked with sketching before getting the tablet. That's why I leave the sketching out. It's still a big insecurity for me and I use a multitide of pictures as references. One for pose, one for hair, a few for clothes. And if there are braids, most likely one for each braid.

Anywho.. since I really enjoy making these videos, and I just spent a little over $60 on a great video editing program (big thank you to those who've actually tipped their artist with real money. I've gotten a lifetime deal on video editing program and new nibs for my pen! <3 ). I will most likely keep doing videos of the coming commissions, without pay. If anyone who's gotten a pic before this feels left out, let me know and I will toss in a free chibi or cartoony thing or.. you know.. at least something!</p>

Don't by shy, Sessi. We love your work. Show us MOOOOORE.

Also, please PM me via forum with some PayPal deets. I've been wanting to throw a few bux at you for your Kelli-pic for a while now.
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
    @Kelliara no can do. You are not paying for that pic. But thank you for the kind thought! <3
    Kelliara
    Seems like coloring takes a bit longer than the outlining. This video is speed x10 and ended up at just under 11 minutes. I hope you enoy it, everyone! Also, here is the finished piece of @Kanivara!

BufordKanivaraPazradymZailaSeirKelliara
  • Oh look how precious they are. Kani looks so PROUD and Niall's just -adorable-!!
  • Ugh. Your process is so gorgeous to watch. I wish I knew how to lay down shadows and highlights like that.
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    Muh IC grandson.
    Kanivara
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    I love your musical selections! And your art, but your music is awesome too!

Thanks! I'm just waiting for youtube to take the music down because of copyright, but hey, gotta try! Also.. love Felix Hagan and the family. <3
    Finished one last pic for the day, but sadly, no video for this one. I started it before downloading all the programs and all. But anywho, here's @Zaila for you all! I had loads of fun doing that skirt! (Being a steampunk lover, I adore that type of skirt.)

ZailaKelliaraLeharPazradymNola
  • ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    Eeeeee! <3 I love iiiiit! The expression, the skirt, the shirt, the tiny wolves, the jewelry, wheee!
    How do I give you moneeeey?!
    I've sent a pm. :)
    Zaila
  • Updated description of Ary due to her ascending

She is a typical Azudim of Human heritage. Her hair is similarly shaded to that of a ruby, and cascades in wild ringlets down to mid-back, accentuating the soft curves of her feminine figure. Thin, but not overly so, she stands with a grace that defines a lady. Eyes are seeming colorless, save for the slightest drop of blue to define her irises. Her face, soft, curving, and with a regal refinement. A pixie's nose rests above full lips, rarely showing the beguiling smile hiding beneath, one that at times threatens to peek forth when amusement strikes her. Her ears,while small, have a soft and slight point at the ends. Her clothing is usually marred by mud, gore, and various other questionable things from her travels, defying any regality her features may hold. Long legs are toned and show that of one who leads a highly active lifestyle. She stands at a near unimpressive five feet and eight inches, though a slight slouch makes her appear a bit shorter, likely from her time spent hunting within the wilds. Her skin is a soft, sun-kissed bronze, with minor scarring from old injuries that pepper her shoulders. She moves with a streamlined grace, like a predator stalking prey. Her left hand has recently been bandaged, the slightest hint of a deep wound on her palm noted by the crimson marring the pristine cloth. Gold paint has been applied in vertical lines down her cheeks and the sides of the neck, and a central line of jet-black to the length of her nose and chin, reaching the base of the neck.

(braided into her hair) : a translucent ghostflower
    (worn on head) : a black thorned circlet with a red rose
    (revealing the abdomen) : a criss-crossing top of onyx silk
    (clinging tightly to the hips) : a long silky onyx loincloth
    (around the neck) : a cracked hematite medallion of the Pride

These are really the primary things worn that really hold value to her
    I've updated your desc in my list document, @Ary. :)
  • I should add Oisynne's tentacle hat. I really should.
    ...There's a tentacle hat? Yes, add it!!
    Zaila
  • There is a tentacle hat, indeed. There's also a spider butt somewhere, probably. And maybe a mermaid tail. Idk. Oisynne gets weird presents and I love them. She's also gained a set of metal fangs, which as a Sciomancer and not a Syssin, she cannot use but desperately wanted thanks to @Kanivara having fangs.

She is a typical Human of a height just above five and a half feet, her palette fair. She
    boasts desirable curves through her waist and hips, figure pear-shaped with a smaller bust and
    well-formed backside, though she gives off the appearance of being insubstantial; her frame is
    a waifish one, long of leg and fragile. Straight locks of pale blonde crown her head, framing
    her teardrop-shaped face before skimming her hips and left free to be styled as she wishes. She
    hosts delicate features dominated by dark eyes that appear too large for the rest of her face,
    affording her a winsome, doll-like quality in their dark, curling lashes. They're complimented
    by a straight nose and shapely lips that trend towards thin, particularly along the top. What
    muscle she does possess is lean and encased in fair flesh lacking blemish, only just touched by
    the sun's caress.

(slung around her waist) : a leather belt plated with etched iron
    (worn upon her right thumb) : a pale band of icecrystal and tanzanite
    (adorning her left ring finger) : a glitterstone ring of the stars
    (slung over one of her shoulders) : an ivory, gilt-trimmed pack
    (tucked behind her ear) : a bronze stemmed trinket with copper petals
    (flung over her shoulders loosely) : a soft suede and cotton hooded scarf
    (keeping her feetsies warm) : furry, oversized boots
    (hugging the length of her legs) : skin-tight wine leggings
    (cinching in her sweater) : a pomegranate leather underbust corset
    (draped over her shoulders) : a fawn wool riding jacket
    (hugging her torso beneath the corset) : a pomegranate collared, charcoal sweater
    (keeping all of her fingers toasty) : a stretchy pair of knit gloves
    (tilted rakishly to the side) : a crown of broken beer bottles
    (draped around her shoulders like a scarf) : a simple sash of azure silk
    (tilted rakishly atop her head) : a knitted hat with pomegranate tentacle
    appendages
    (fastened securely over her upper teeth) : a set of metal fangs

The hat:
    The base of this hat is a stretchy, knitted wool of fawn color. The colors vary slightly as the
    wool took the dye more strongly in some places than in others. Attached to the hat are a
    profusion of pomegranate, knit tentacles, some flat, some stuffed for dimension. When worn, the
    hat allows these appendages to fall back in a wave, much like a hair style might. When jammed
    completely down onto the head without adjusting, the tentacles sprout from the hat like an
    angry octopus.
    @Oisynne, you are killing me with this cuteness..
  • I can't help it, man. She likes head tentacles.
    I've made a bit of a quickie drawing of @Fyrren's Horkval design. With all the black and white, it was a bit tricky to color and I'm not 100% happy with it, but I will use it as an example to show you what my work process looks like!

Here's a reference picture of all four stages.
    1: I start off with pulling together reference pictures and mashing them all up into the picture I need. In this case, a torso with arms, a head, mandibles and legs. Things don't always match up, but I get a general idea of what I'm looking for.
    2: After that, I make the rough sketch in green. It's basically just a way to give me the general shape of it all, but still keeping it rough enough to be able to play around.
    3: Outlining process, where I do all (or at least most) of the outlining of the picture.
    4: Coloring, where I do the coloring and add up little details that I might've missed before.

Here's the video of the process of the Horkval (speed x5)

And here's the final picture all on it's own for Mister Fyrren.

ZailaXeniaAryKanivaraFyrren
  • @Sessizlik Looks awesome. I always loved making descriptions for Horkvali and Grook characters since... well they are awesome. But they take a lot more commitment to RP regularly.
    Avatar of Fyrren drawn by the amazing Sessizlik.
    Sessizlik
  • Oh man. That chibi is just too much. I want to squish it hardcore. And she would totally wear kitten mittens.

>.< You're so awesome, Sessi. She looks so adorable!
    SessizlikAoiAryAxius
  • KodazaKodaza Los Angeles
    I've rewritten my desc into something I'm OK posting publicly!

She is a wise Atavian whose skin is a tone of ashy grey, pale enough to resemble white marble, but darkening to pitch black at her lips and beneath her fingernails. In an attempt to disguise this, she wears a thick layer of foundation and lipstick in nude tones, covering up her small, round face to try and give it a more fleshy, humanoid coloring. Her windtossed hair is a vivid, bright raven-blue that shimmers black with movement, covering the top and left side of her head, descending in curls that reach down to her elbows. The locks naturally part to the left, and completely cease at the right side of her head, where her scalp begins to sprout an array of raven's feathers, the black tinted with soft lines of yellow and blue when seen in the light. The plumage reaches shoulder-length, still giving her the appearance of a full head of "hair." Softer, paler down-feathers cover the length of her pointed ears, giving them a fuzzy appearance. Her wide eyes are in the shape of half-moons, curving upwards, their white irises flecked with shimmering lines of gold. Voluptuous in figure, with curvaceous bust and hips connected by a contrastingly slim waist, her hourglass body reaches a height of five foot six, she often stands on tip-toe unconsciously, letting her wings bear up part of her body weight so her toes only lightly brush the ground.

Vyxsis
    I've made the changes on my list, @Kodaza.

Sorry there haven't been any pics last week, guys. Been incredibly tired after a bit of illness. Gonna try and see if I can got some work done this week!
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    @Sessizlik trust me when I say this: Your health is more important. Take care of you first, make sure you don't get sick again after getting over it, then worry about us, because we're not going anywhere! And don't stress over us!
    SessizlikPazradymDidiKelliaraKodazaKarhastMelanthaJaymiVyxsis
  • KodazaKodaza Los Angeles
    Just feel better!

Everyone!
    I am curious to see if anyone would be willing to make a bit of a trade with me. I would love to see Eleanor make a Muffin Mistress Sessi Muffin Pic (from her food art line) but I am unsure if I have that money to spare at this time.

Would anyone be willing to pay for a pic, in exchange for a pic made my me? Not trying to force anyone, since this is a free pics thread, but if anyone is interested, please, let me know and I will make you the best pic ever. <3
    FyrrenAxiusZaila
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    @Sessizlik Sure, I don't see why I can't cover that for ya!
    Sarita
    @Axius, omg you are amazing! <3@Eleanor, I will send you my desc. :D
    Axius