LOVE

Comments

• SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    Teani said:

Much love to my Sciomancers for helping me iron out kinks and making this guild so wonderfully active. There's a lot to do, and I'm trying to keep my energy up and help and engage wherever I can, and you are all helping me. Know that it's very much appreciated.

Special hearts to @Mariena for all the help and stability she provides, to @Oisynne for her enthusiasm (can't be easy to keep that up all the time. You rock!), and to $Tekias for working so damn hard and being there all the time.

Glad the Sciomancers are finally getting some well-deserved love and attention from a capable GM. They have a lot of interesting and innovative material to work from in regards to roleplay, and I hope you're able to take it further @Teani. Seems like you're already doing just that from the log I read!

Just don't burn yourself out!
    Teani
  • Not gonna say too much so I don't jinx it, but, I'm a teacher on my first job. It's a 1 year fellowship that ends in June so I'm already starting my job hunt and I've gotten a few nibbles in some promising places. I'm excited to find my next great stepping stone as I continue to learn how to be a teacher.
    DidiArbreMariena
  • So, I know I don't really come on here but I had to let you guys know:

Just won a pub quiz, and one of the key questions was 'what is oneirophobia?' Spend ages racking my brains, then remember I'm in @Omei's cong and remember it's dreams! Thanks to this game for teaching me random Greek words.
    EmelleZailaDidiPazradymSeirArbreBufordNola
  • I love being random
    RunasPazradymKarhastSeirNolaVyxsis
  • I've mentioned in the mad thread some crazy family stuff going on with my grandmother and her cancer recently. Three weeks ago my brother got kicked out of his house and asked to move in with me this last week. Last week, when my grandmother was due to be discharged from the nursing home due to plateauing in her rehab, some (super long story) circumstances happened that left her from going back to her house, so we decided she'd be moving in with me last week too.

Last week I went from having my own house alone with my dogs and a cozy office to moving everything of mine and said office into my attic, and having a 21 year old brother and 61 year old grandmother living with me.

Brother's been in a rut for the past... while. In the last two weeks of working with me he's lost 20 pounds (he's got a lot to go, I know that sounds like a lot), applied for a better job, has initiated the process for bariatric surgery, and is looking into trade school this upcoming semester.

After week 1 with my grandmother she's walking without assistance in short bursts for the first time in a long time, and is overall far more mobile and in much higher spirits. Things are looking good despite an oncologist visit lingering tomorrow that may have some bad news.

When I thought things couldn't get crazier, or more chaotic, this happened. I'm now taking care of my grandma and playing life coach for my brother while working 50-60 hours a week, and it's easily been the most insane turn of events I could have imagined possible in a single week, but this feeling of actually making a difference for these two makes every stressed out and exhausted minute worth it.

Hug your family and friends ladies and gents. Times may get crazy, things may seem like they suck, but there's always a good side lingering somewhere.

/end diary post thankyouforbeinganoutlet
    LinDidiTeaniFaerahEmelleEmirKerrynSeirNola
  • Being able to help your loved ones succeed has to be the most rewarding feeling ever! Thanks for sharing your story, @Buford. :)
    BufordNola
  • Just wanted to share the love on the great day I'm having. Tax return came in today, the company found who was embezzling from them so the heat is off all of us honest employees now, and I just got an email from corporate saying as thanks for all the overtime I put in this past year they are bumping me up to the executive health plan. This means me and my family will be covered for health and dental for only $60 a month. Which compared to what we've gone to the past few years for coverage is practically free. Hope everyone else gets some good luck this year too.
    BufordSeirNolaHaven
  • SNOW DAY

Sometimes being a teacher is worthwhile. Now I just wish I'd remembered to pack my boots and heavy coat last time I was home >.<
    Buford
  • Much love to my homies @Zenobia , @Roxi , @Hugo , @Macavity , and the other players who are keeping the Teradrim alive. Without Zenobia and Roxi being active in the guild I probably wouldn't have started playing actively again. And much love to the rest of the Aetolians out there who hold the flag high and keep Aetolia the best MUD (in my eyes) to play.

Bunches of love to @Sessizlik for doing those awesome drawings she does. Still can't look at the drawings you've done for me without being in awe at how awesome they look. You the real MVP.

And a ton of love to @Oleis and the rest of the administration and devs who have been working diligently to keep the game fresh and fun.
    Avatar of Fyrren drawn by the amazing Sessizlik.
    SessizlikRoxiZenobiaMacavity
  • Rhoynn said:

SNOW DAY

Sometimes being a teacher is worthwhile. Now I just wish I'd remembered to pack my boots and heavy coat last time I was home >.<

Where I live, half the year is snow day :smiley:
    Avatar of Fyrren drawn by the amazing Sessizlik.
    DidiZaila
  • @Emir really, you're not overreacting at all. That damage boost. Though I guess this means I can't complain about mage bashing anymore.

Emir
  • I love that I've started a new, completely WFH job today, that pays better than my previous, is small, and has some really great people. Only downside? I'll be getting a new Macbook that I'll have to use for work instead of a Windows computer. I haven't used a Mac in about 4 years.
    EmirAxiusDidiOleisEmelle
    I actually managed to win an Iron Epicurean, even though my character largely considers himself to be a horrible cook. Now he doesn't need to. Woop woop.
    MihaketiRunasFyrrenTeaniCordiaEmelleMarienaLin
  • The Epicurean in general today was really fun, much love to volunteers and contestants.
    SeirRunasFyrrenPazradymOleisMarienaBufordLin
    edited February 2017
    This is something I've wanted to air for a bit now, as it has been pretty heartwarming for me, but I'm going to preface it with some background:

I'm generally fairly apprehensive towards OOC gatherings of players. All too often, I see them slowly descend into metagaming or they can sometimes get outright nasty based on IC events that happen. For me, the old #NoT IRC was a source of toxicity and killed a lot of my enjoyment for Aetolia back in the day. Granted, I brought a lot of it on myself. All in all though, it was just not a nice or pleasant place for a few folks and it eventually died out.

Hooooweever, the Aetolian Discord has been a much better and more inclusive group of folks than I expected. I was initially apprehensive about joining it purely because I was afraid of another #NoT situation, but that quickly went away. I've gotten to know many of you (some of which I already knew well), but also some players on the other side of the game that I've rarely spoken to. While it can sometimes veer a bit too closely to metagame territory because of RP discussions, it has been an all-around pleasant experience for the most part.

The other thing that I am really grateful about from said Discord was that I've had a number of people take me to the side personally and comment about how much I've improved as a player, in terms of disposition, friendliness, and how approachable I have been. After all the nonsense from years back, it's pretty comforting when you have people in the community embrace you wholeheartedly when you felt shunned and excluded before. So thank you guys. Really.

Regarding IC matters, I've been having an absolute blast as of late both in Duiran and the Sentinels. Duiran, as an organization has improved so much from where it was one year ago, and it's largely in part to both the administration and the players really working to make it a more chill and relaxed environment like it used to be. I want to thank @Aymah for all the hard work she puts into the Sentinels. She has been a good Prideleader who had to inherit a very turbulent atmosphere and has made the best of it, including when she has had to make some difficult decisions on the guild's future. I want to also thank folks like @Mihaketi, @Mieke, @Emelle, @Sibatti, @Drestyn, @Aisling, @Maizin, and pretty much everyone that I've interacted with since I've been back. I really do appreciate having the chance to interact with all of you and I look forward for what is to come.
    RoxiEmelleDrestynLinOleisAymahRunas
  • edited February 2017
    Aishia said:

Aishia shows Maizin her teeth, peeling back purple stained lips in an expression that strives to be a smile, but falls vaguely in the realm of weirded out leer.

I really love this emote.
    SeirRunas
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    I <3 a lot of people in this game, and a lot of things, but I'm going to name the top six that my tired mind can even begin to grasp at.

@Kanivara - Axius' mother. Someone who cares about him, someone who actually showed him what actual family is like, by extension, all of the Sor'Tirivan fall into this particular name. This might be the shortest of the thanks I leave, but that's because I feel like there's not enough words in my vocabulary to explain how much you and the family mean to me and Axius.

@Eleanor @Akaryuterra - These two provided for me a safe home, and plenty of initial RP to build my character from where I only had bullplop and a vague symbol for my character to create with. You both make me happy I picked Cabbie for my initial class, and have continued to make me feel entirely welcome, even beyond what I could even begin to reasonably expect, not to mention the amazing work you do both in game and out of game, both of you.

@Sessizlik - You do a lot of good work, you've brought me a good bit of joy. Your art work is something I love looking at, and you did something I entirely did not expect: You made Axius handsome in his final IRL days in my mind's eye before he ascended.

@Xenia - You are someone I don't interact with much, but that's okay, I'd love to RP with you more, but you have been nothing but kind to me and my difficulties, heck, you actually listened to me, and were kind enough to talk to me and help work out some plans. I'm hoping our future RP works out for the best as far as @Iosyne's order goes!

@Alathesia - You my friend are someone who is working hard, I have nothing but praise for the difficulties you are working through, and I understand that not everyone has been kind about recent changes. I think the guild will more than likely need -time- to recover, and even after it does, it may not be as healthy as it was before, but that's perfectly -fine-. You are doing well with the hand you have been dealt, and I want to thank you for your hard work nonetheless.

Bonus shoutouts:

@Quellisonde : You have proven to be one of the people I log in to look forward to, when you tend to lose interest in this game, I sort of start growing a bit listless myself. my mind drifts, and I kind of lose a bit of creativity. Our fun today in the eloping RP, and just doing what we normally do, fishing and chattering and talking after we had that spur of the moment elopement was fun, planning out what our next steps were, and continuing to work on our Castle.

@Iosyne - I'm still working on joining your Order, I may not have the mental capacity to be a decent combatant without stupid amounts of automation and code backing me up, but that doesn't mean I won't try to join the Order on my ability to RP, and I know that gross-out RP isn't what my goal should be, but I hope that we might find some interesting points of convergence in Axius' life, his personal tastes and habits, and the Iosyne order that makes everyone feel just as welcome with him as they would if I were a combatant. (I also hope that you and I will find points where we can RP as well. Everyone keeps telling me that Axius caught Iosyne's eye somehow, and it'll be interesting to see just what about him caught Her eye)
    BufordSessizlik
  • I love the sudden influx of people the Illuminai just now got. So many new faces to talk to!
    SeirTeani
    @Omei

That was so awesome. <3
    BufordPazradym
  • Karhast said:

I love the sudden influx of people the Illuminai just now got. So many new faces to talk to!

You're welcome <3

Pazradym
  • So I was finally able to get some new music, and one of the songs was nearly 30 minutes long but had a great spoken poem in it about life and death that I just loved and made me stop and think about lost and destroyed things. And it put me in mind about the cabalists destruction cause it also mentioned science. I just loved the poem/quote.

After sleeping through a hundred million centuries
    We have finally opened our eyes on a sumptuous planet,
    Sparkling with color, bountiful with life.
    Within decades we must close our eyes again.
    Isn't it a noble and enlightened way of spending our brief time in the sun,
    To work at understanding the universe and how we have come to wake up in it?
    We are going to die, and that makes us the lucky ones.
    Most people are never going to die because they are never going to be born.
    The potential people who could have been here in my place
    But who will in fact never see the light of day outnumber the sand grains of Sahara.
    Certainly those unborn ghosts include greater poets than Keats, scientists greater than Newton.
    We know this because the set of possible people allowed by our DNA so massively exceeds the set of actual people.
    In the teeth of those stupefying odds it is you and I, in our ordinariness, that are here.
    We privileged few, who won the lottery of birth against all odds,
    How dare we whine at our inevitable return to that prior state from which the vast majority have never stirred?
    There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers,
    Having been originally breathed into a few forms or into one;
    And that whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity,
    From so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.
    DidiKanivara
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro

Mihaketi
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    A little belated but LOVED the Valentines day dinner table thing. RP'd thru the whole thing ROMANTICALLY, Aishia hated almost all of it but it was EXTREMELY fun and like, really stimulated some fresh RP. FINAL SCENE FRANTICLY cramming all the fruit into her mouth and eating the whole bowl of whipped cream with her hands the best.
    KelliaraMihaketiNolaZaila
  • Aishia said:

A little belated but LOVED the Valentines day dinner table thing. RP'd thru the whole thing ROMANTICALLY, Aishia hated almost all of it but it was EXTREMELY fun and like, really stimulated some fresh RP. FINAL SCENE FRANTICLY cramming all the fruit into her mouth and eating the whole bowl of whipped cream with her hands the best.

Logs or it didn't happen.
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
    Mihaketi
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Poor @Valingar, haha.

edited February 2017
    Aetolia has made me quit my FF14 subscription and stick with Aetolia permanently as my game of choice. I blame all of you.

Additionally, I want to thank a few players that helped me out the other night. As a player, I am sometimes prone to anxiety, of which some of you can relate. I had an irrational fear that people perhaps weren't enjoying their interactions with me, were ignoring me intentionally, and just wanted nothing to do with Seir in general and, as result, I felt really out of place in Duiran. I had deja vu from my playing time a few years ago back when I found validation purely through PvP and I lashed out at others. However, I was descended upon by lovely folks like @Eleanor, @Mihaketi, @Drestyn, @Mieke, @Dzekk, @Emelle, @Lin, and so many others that affirmed that it was all in my head and that people have had fun interacting with me both as a character and a player. Since then, I haven't had this fear and I owe it to those folks. In the 17 years I've been playing IRE games, I've never seen a more welcoming and accepting community and that is something to really be proud of. I've seen other IRE games and their players, which will go unnamed out of respect, devolve into pure polarized disdain for one another for some of the most trivial things. I know I've said this many times already, but I'm incredibly grateful to all of you.
    ZailaBufordDrestynLinDzekkFyrren
  • SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage
    I've spent my sick day setting up Twitch and I am very excited to try it out this coming weekend when I can harass the bf to help me out. Hopefully I will be able to stream drawing some of the pics from my forum thread!
    Seir
  • I met my mentor in my start up program today. Not only does she own a business where she designs and makes plus size clothing, she helped the plus size consultant from What Not to Wear open a lingerie shop. She is giving me so many wonderful ideas and guidance. To be honest, I'm just glad I'm working with someone who isn't getting banned from the country. She's here to stay, yaaaaay!

(Spinesreach): Xiuhcoatl says, "Oh man, grab the children-corn. This is gonna be good."
    SeirDidi