Short COMBAT Questions

Comments

• Aishia said:

I think the idea is the hard kelp pressure can force a double herb cure.

They could have used any other tree of herbs (minus bloodroot because of similarly stupid effect) and not given shaman a free auto bash route. Choose your poison, 40% damage increase on everything or -47%~ electric resistance. Sometimes due to just shit RNG you can have both!
    Aishia said:

Also like what essentially qualifies as "real" shaman offense doesn't really use vinethorns much or at all. I probably need to look at whatever Vitamin K is doing to cheese you to death haha.

This rage induced post wasn't over Kheoss or even a loss. Meltas almost bashed me to death with 0 effort.

What even constitutes as 'real' offense? Is shaman suppose to be the same thing vs. every class? My tactics as Indorani, Sentinel, Carnifex, Sciomancer, even Vampire have to adjust vs. different classes I'm fighting, so if Shaman is suppose to be x then y then z vs. every class it fights then I think something needs to be adjusted.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Just predict sensi on every hit since it's usually kelp anyways takes a lot of the sting out of cougar.
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    edited October 2016
    THAT FEEDS INTO THE PROBLEM YOU EAT THE STORMTOUCHED AFTER THAT AND THEN YOU EITHER HAVE TO TANK THE Bufording ELECTRIC DAMAGE OR LEAVE ROOM AND RESET ALL OF YOUR OWN MOMENTUM RINSE REPEAT AD NAUSEAM X FUCKING INFINITY THIS IS NOT Buforing HARD TO UNDERSTAND THE ONLY PEOPLE I KNOW WHO CAN TANK THIS Drainman ARE LOADED TO THE VOLBEAT IS GARBAGE BRIM WITH ARTIFACTS

BUT Buford, PLEASE LET'S CONTINUE TO FEED INTO THE PAY TO WIN Drainman OF THIS GAME. I UNDERSTAND MOTHER Bufordmen HAVE TO EAT AND THEY DO THAT WHEN WE BUY CREDITS BUT FOR buttford's SAKE I HAVE NO ISSUE SPENDING MONEY ON THIS GAME FOR COOL THINGS OR UNIQUE THINGS OR AWESOME QUALITY OF LIFE THINGS BUT JUST IN ORDER TO bUfOrDiNg COMPETE?!

MY CAPS BUTTON IS BROKEN AND I CAN'T AFFORD TO BUY A NEW Drainmaning KEYBOARD BECAUSE I HAVE TO SAVE UP FOR Drainmaning ARTIFACTS JUST SO I CAN SURVIVE THE Drainman ARTI BASH AND Drainman SUPER Drainmaning SKILLFUL SKILL SET UP INTO THE ARTI BASH BY USING SUMMON FAMILIAR COUGAR OR WHATEVER THE Drainmaning SYNTAX IS

ALL SO I CAN ACTUALLY APPLY MY COMBAT KNOWLEDGE OF AFFLICTION CAPABILITIES, AFFLICTION STACKING, CURING PRIORITIES AND CURING SWAPS TO Drainmaning COMBAT.

To say I'm mad would be a Drainmaning understatement.

You broke the forum censor somehow. I got you though.

Edit: You missed some stuff @Buford but I went back and fixed it, thanks for looking out though.

XeniaIshinDzekkIllikaalTenshyo
  • You don't even need artifacts for this stupid bullshit that's just icing on the cake and preemptive rant for when the inevitable Justified (c) post comes up.

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    oh boy
    Draiman
  • Ran in with 62% cutting audit and 59% electric audit and my hp still went wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee until wheel proc's started rolling. No offense to Meltas but just imagine what would have happened if it was vs. someone who cured better. I'd be extra crispy.

I guess it's manageable so long as generally helpful information is kept secret.

Allow me to rescind all of my previous offers to help those interested in PK. It's now in my best interest to not help any of you!

DidiXeniaIshinFezzix
  • To continue on with 'I fucking hate Shamans' rant, I'd like to again point out that Elder Shaman, even at 8%, is absolutely fucking retarded vs. Praenomen, even without considering their immunity to berserking.

There's a certain fighter in Aetolia who has really bad curing priorities vs. vampire. But because they're shaman and they have Elder Shaman, plus a passive, plus an active, on top of standard curing, it's like they're god damned immune to being locked. It really shines though whenever this person isn't in shaman, and I'm locking them so fast my head spins.

You want fancy numbers and % and timestamps, I'm not that guy, but as someone who has fought Shaman a fucking lot, just trust me when I say that class is stupiddddddddddd.

@Keroc pls.

ZsadistVorlusMazarineTenshyoFezzix
  • Does Elder Shaman have an internal cooldown when it resists an affliction, or is it just a plain 8% chance per aff?
  • Plain 8% chance per aff. It USED to be 10% chance per aff.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• Could we please get a name for whomever performs Devotion Deliverance on someone? Achaea gives a name, and I'd love to know who I get to kill later for assisting my target.
    Kelliara
  • EliadonEliadon Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    Sounds gloriously vindictive.
    Leana
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    It might sound vindictive, but that's what PK cause is. Vindictive and punishing. Knowing who assisted someone in being pulled away does give the attacker PK cause.

LeanaKelliara
  • Fezzix said:

Could we please get a name for whomever performs Devotion Deliverance on someone? Achaea gives a name, and I'd love to know who I get to kill later for assisting my target.

As long as Cabalist's Changeheart and Singularity do the same.

Pretty sure if I'm forced to ally a Cabalist I'd like to know about it.
    But no. You don't get told unicorns about it (last I was aware)

Kelliara
  • edited January 2017
    Tenshyo said:

Fezzix said:

Could we please get a name for whomever performs Devotion Deliverance on someone? Achaea gives a name, and I'd love to know who I get to kill later for assisting my target.

This is incorrect.

Edit - However, I'm all for making it apparent exactly WHO is Singularity-ing the person in your room, a'la what has been suggested for Devotion and Empress.
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
  • edited January 2017
    Kelliara said:

Tenshyo said:

Fezzix said:

This is incorrect.

Edit - However, I'm all for making it apparent exactly WHO is Singularity-ing the person in your room, a'la what has been suggested for Devotion and Empress.
    I say this because during a lesser you once Changehearted me and I was none the wiser. I was given no lines as to declaring you an ally or the sort /shrug.

Empress is made aware most commonly do to Lust flings.

• Tenshyo said:

Kelliara said:

Tenshyo said:

Fezzix said:

This is incorrect.

I say this because during a lesser you once Changehearted me and I was none the wiser. I was given no lines as to declaring you an ally or the sort /shrug.
    I figured I was probably the culprit you were referring to. However, I assure you that if you were none the wiser you probably simply missed it in all of the other goings on.
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
  • When I found out -what- it was I looked back through the whole lesser log and there was nothing there.
    I bugged it shortly there after and never got a response

• Is there some kind of clan thing for PVP coding/mechanics/teaching/learning?
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    You can always join Source or KLL. Or your specific sides combat/lesser clan.

• RoxiRoxi Reno, NV
    Alright. I've tried everything I can think of, and while I know it's probably something -really- simple and -really- dumb that I'm doing wrong, Wtf is wrong with my fracking golem? I have his various imprints and reflexes set up, and while the reflexes fire just fine, as far as I can tell, the imprints don't do crap.

Reflexes fire on their own balance, automagically. Prop, for instance, fires randomly whenever I'm knocked prone, and the golem catches me so I don't fall down. Imprints are similar, but are, from what I understand, are supposed to -always- fire when a handful of conditions are met. Heartpunch, for example, is supposed to fire whenever the opponent has torso damage.

Only problem is, my golem buddy refuses to do any of the Imprints. I've had opponents with damaged limbs, but rend (or whatever it's called) won't fire. torso damage, but no heartpunch. I can't figure it out, and I have yet to be able to find/catch someone well versed in tera pk online to tell me what stupid mistake I'm making that's not letting it work. I even tried wiping his imprints and -just- doing heartpunch or grapple or whatever, and it -still- won't fire. When in a fight, the only things he'll do are his reflexes (like prop) and punch the opponent in the face. which I mean hey, that's cathartic and all, but it really puts a cramp in my ability to lrn2pk. Halp.
    "
  • edited February 2017
    You're using Golem Focus on your targets, right, not just ordering them to kill the regular way? Long shot, but just asking that first off, in case you aren't. Also enemy your target, just in case.
    Roxi
  • RoxiRoxi Reno, NV
    edited February 2017
    ..I think...Yes? I know the last ylem fight I was in I had focus running. I'll double check that, and try enemying them, and see what happens. Thanks!

ETA: I think I got it fixed! Now in testing, it hits with Heartpunch properly. I tried it both with enemying and unenemying the target (thanks again, @Selnor!) and it worked both times. I think it had something to do with Focus. Thanks so much, @Valingar. I appreciate the pointers!
    "
    Valingar
  • How do you deal with mind blank?
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    edited February 2017
    Leave the area to break the lock. Or run around for a minute and don't let them hit you.

• Was looking for real answers but thanks I guess.
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
  • DzekkDzekk A training courtyard surrounded by arches
    It fades on its own. Basically, you can either avoid fighting altogether while it's up like @Rhyot said, or utilize WOUNDS ME periodically to keep an eye on your limbs as they get hit.
    (The Front Line): Aishia says, "U better check yourself before u Dzekk urself."
  • Emir said:

How do you deal with mind blank?

Leaving the area won't help, unlike mentioned. Mind blank isn't tied to a mind lock. It lasts for 30 seconds since the last Tekura hit on you and doesn't need a mind lock to be applied.

Anyway, some attacks you can more or less guess:

If you see a whirlwind kick or an uppercut without limb damage, you still know it'll have hit your head, because they can only target head. Same for hook and uppercut regarding your torso.

You'll also know that moonkicks/spear will have hit one of your arms, even if it doesn't show limb damage. You'll know that snapkicks/hammerfist hit your legs. Now, if you're parrying the opposite arm/leg, you can figure the exact location out. Like example: you see a snapkick but the targeted leg is mind blanked. However, you're parrying your right leg and you don't have any aff that stops parry. You now know for sure they hit your left leg.

There are some other stuff that are trickier to figure out, but at least the above ones are useful to keep an eye out for.

I tend to try to wounds every now and then, or if I'm offensively ahead and can't afford to lose pressure, I sometimes manually apply restoration to where I think it'll be relevant.

In conclusion, here is a chinchilla with a balloon. http://i.imgur.com/8kAlOj9.gif
    Emir
  • edited February 2017
    Ahah, so you use logic and reasoning. Very clever. Thanks for the tips!

Edit: OMG THE CHINCHILLA IS SO CUTE AND THE BALLOON AND JUST OMG SO ADORBS 
  • DakanDakan Behind you
    Today I learned that Valingar is Rainman, and knows exactly how many toothpicks are in the pile.
    Emir
  • edited February 2017
    CHANGELOG ENTRY #1379
    Added the command FIRSTAID USE INSOMNIA . This will tell firstaid whether to use the Insomnia skill in Survival or to eat cohosh/tongue curatives.

Why does one want to ever use this skill over eating the herb during combat? It costs mana and willpower. The herb/slice doesn't require or consume balance.

Am I missing the need for the ability?
    I mean, you know, an amount.