Mafia: The Syssin Strike Back

Comments

• Well, except for last night round, you guys know who I investigated and the results of such.

I am starting to lean heavily in favor of voting Teani, unless someone has a better option. 
  • Valingar said:

He's either a strangely acting citizen with shoddy luck, or a Syssin really good at mindgames, but Axius voted for him the first round, which I think definitely shines in his favor.

I made a stupid and didn't bother to go to the next actual page on the thread, yesterday. Other than that.. I don't think my behavior is all that strange? I'm under suspicion, unlike most, but.. Yeah. That's also it.

• This seems to be about to die, so - any more commentary from anyone?

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    All I have to say in my own defense is that as a citizen I haven't had a clue one way or another, which I've explained on more than one occasion. I've listened to speculations and watched behavior as everyone else, I guess, but with people voting back and forth and sometimes for frivolous reasons has made it confusing. 

My saying I'm a citizen will not convince anyone, because that's what anyone would say. Neither am I the Drunk, so lynching me at least won't kill a second person. You'll give the Syssin an edge though, which would be a shame. 

Want my opinion, Lehar? Jami, Emir, and Valingar look more suspicious to me. Karhast could be the Drunk, but what do I know? 

VOTE Jami 

If I'm wrong it's because I'm not part of a group to discuss potential targets with for the optimal strategy. 

• SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
    I think Teani's trying too hard to convince everyone she's clueless. I don't really buy it and I'm still not convinced away from my prior round vote.

VOTE: @Teani
  • Looking over the voting there's a few shady spots to target, I think Emir, Buford, and Valingar deserve an investigation and scrutiny. I do see Teani as being up there too
  • Everyone's convinced I'm the drunk and won't listen to me about Buford, so not sure what you want to investigate.
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
  • As a matter of fact, me being alive just gives more evidence to Buford being Syssin. If he wasn't, the Syssin would have offed me to throw doubt onto Buford. But they haven't, because then Buford looks guilty and warrants more investigation.

VOTE: BUFORD
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
  • I'll defer to the logic there that was used in the first round when Kelliara was killed after being the only person to target Sibatti heavily: that's quite the obvious ploy to try and draw attention. It's been used in so many other games and is practically a staple by now that it's practically transparent in how easy it is to see through. We've made it this far with only 1 mafia death; this mafia isn't dumb.

If anything, the Syssin would likely be trying to set me up (seeing as I've been quite vocal throughout the duration of the game) by not having you or I killed, thinking along the lines that our loud bickering would draw attention to either you or me for a lynch; why would they bother trying to kill one or both of us off when it seems we're both loud enough to risk doing it ourselves?

My eyes are on Teani. There isn't much substance behind the actions, she's been quiet for the greater part of the game, and the scattered voting patterns to me are a suspicious attempt at trying not to be caught.

VOTE: Teani
  • I'm going to be slightly wary of a vote train on Teani before Lehar herself confirms it. She's noted she leans towards it, but that's not a very strong inclination; other people are just piling on, however, and I'm not sure whether that's a sign of the town coordinating well or the Syssin working together to throw one of their own under the bus. Regardless of what it is, I think I'll hold out for a bit.
  • I have not investigated Teani. She does not have any hard evidence she is in fact townie. Another rough round but what seems to be our best bet as of right now:

VOTE: @Teani
  • Oh goodness, fine.

UNVOTE: BUFORD

VOTE: TEANI
  • Ok, you got it.

Vote: Teani
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    edited February 2017
    Recap:
    Teani voted for Jami
    Sibatti voted for Teani
    Emir voted for Buford
    Buford voted for Teani
    Lehar voted for Teani
    Emir changed his vote to Teani
    Karhast voted for Teani

Jami (1): Teani
    Teani (5): Sibatti, Buford, Lehar, Emir, Karhast

Esterport's population was quickly dwindling. Its citizens, both reluctant to kill more of their own and eager to snuff out the Syssin threat, rallied around a reluctant Psychic, who pointed a tentative finger at Teani.

An increasingly kill-happy mob hauled Teani off despite her many protestations. Her defense went from spirited to deflated as it became clear the rest of the citizens were determined to send her to the gallows regardless.

By the end of it, all Teani could do was shrug. "You'll see," was her morose promise just before her rope was cut.

@Teani has been lynched. She was an innocent Citizen.
    -----

It is Night 4.

The Syssin General is alive.
    There are 2 Syssin alive.
    The Knight is alive.
    The Psychic is alive.
    The Drunk is alive.
    There are 2 Citizens remaining.

Night roles, please PM me your actions!

• Buford is confirmed Syssin. If I die tonight, at least take him next round.
    Emir
  • Pfahaha. And that's why we wait with sending people their PM's until after they maybe get killed. Awesome.
    Xenia
  • Lord it's like I've been saying that for 3 days now.
    Buford
  • Karhast said:

Pfahaha. And that's why we wait with sending people their PM's until after they maybe get killed. Awesome.

The last game was played this way as well, first come, first serve. Always so many complaints with you!

Tenshyo
  • edited February 2017
    Lehar said:

Buford is confirmed Syssin. If I die tonight, at least take him next round.

How unfortunate ;)
    Karhast said:

Pfahaha. And that's why we wait with sending people their PM's until after they maybe get killed. Awesome.

You're entirely free to host your own game of mafia next time if you have issues with the way this and the last one have been run!
  • Sure. I'd rather win this one first, though :)
    As the citizens gathered together in the H&H2 courtyard on the fifth day, their group growing ever smaller, they conducted the usual head count. Even though by now it was becoming routine, a concerned murmur rippled through the crowd at the knowledge that yet one more of their number was absent.

Emir.

By now, no one cared to see what the Syssin and their General had done to him. And, as it turned out, they didn't have to -- this time, the signature note was nailed to the front door of Emir's house:

"Such a close game. Who will win? The suspense is killing me!

--The General"

@Emir has been slain. He was an innocent Citizen.
    -----

It is Day 5.

There are 2 Syssin alive.
    The Knight is alive.
    The Psychic is alive.
    The Drunk is alive.
    There is 1 Citizen remaining.

4 votes are needed to lynch.
  • Oh no, not my friend Emir! Say it isn't so!

Let's get this vote over with, got one more fun little trick ;)
    Emir
  • Town drunk: What a coincidence that you weren't killed off last night, and thus denied your opportunity to win. Looks like there's still hope for you yet.

I propose you side with the Syssin.

Right now the citizens want to win; they really could care less about your win condition. In fact, they may just kill you off by accident.

But the Syssin? Well, we could both win here.

You vote for Lehar. We vote Lehar.

Once Lehar's gone, we dispatch another citizen - as we've successfully continued to do thus far. We're pretty good at it.

As soon as we've got the majority to the point where your little vengeance won't take the win from us, we'll sympathetically put you too out of your misery so that you can win as well.

Why don't we all win together?

VOTE: Lehar.
  • I don't think the drunk can win either way, unless we mess up next round and lynch him instead. The only condition for the Syssin to win is if they outnumber the rest of the town - the game ends there, over and done. There is no extra win for the drunk involved.

Sorry @Buford, no tricks here.

VOTE: Buford.
  • VOTE: BUFORD
  • Vote: Buford

• Huh. At least one Syssin is on this train.
    Recap:
    Buford voted for Lehar
    Lehar voted for Buford
    Jami voted for Buford
    Karhast voted for Buford
    Ilyon voted for Buford
    Valingar voted for Buford

Lehar (1): Buford
    Buford (5): Lehar, Jami, Karhast, Ilyon, Valingar

Finally, there was something for the citizens to agree on, and they wasted no time in hauling Buford off to the gallows, his disposition oddly upbeat for one condemned to death.

Not only did he hang, but the citizens decapitated his corpse and piked his head in front of the H&H2, just for good measure.

@Buford has been lynched. He was a Syssin!
    -----

It is Night 5.

There is 1 Syssin alive.
    The Knight is alive.
    The Psychic is alive.
    The Drunk is alive.
    There is 1 Citizen remaining.

Night roles, please PM me your actions!