Nola

I haven't really interacted with too many people lately. Things have kind of been pretty slow going for Nola.

But uh. I'll slap this up here for the future. 

Comments

• DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.

When Dask was Vanguard, Nola was someone who got it done - anything he asked and more. Nola is often misunderstood because she wants what's best for Enorian as a whole, and is a very, very competent administrator. Where she gets misunderstood is that when people disagree with her she tends to not always take it the best and shut down, but at the same time, people have unfairly judged her over it as well.

She can be a great assett to Enorian and any organization as long as you put her in the position to succeed. I didn't when I resigned as Vanguard, when she was given a job with no support, little training, and told 'run with the ball' without being told how to snap it first. Overall, her failures were less than mine when I was in a similar situation, but for some reason people went for the killshot on her politically whereas they didn't for me. That being said, the character is not above redemption!

On a personal level to Dask, Nola is one of the good people that he trusts and he knows she's got it in her to be a very good asset to Enorian, but it's convincing others that one failed tenure as Vanguard is not a mark of shame, but rather a learning experience.

Overall, I like the work you've put into Nola, how you've played Nola, and hope to see you up that activity level again as Enorian needs people like you to suceed.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

OrisaeNolaLiancaErzsebet
  • The one time Ladrana met Nola, Nola ran from a duel challenge and then cried to Daskalos to go help her.
  • edited December 2012
    Ladrana came in and combo'd Nola, a tanked out Powerful Yeleni Daru, and it barely hurt. She finished what she came to do, and left, and then Ladrana cried about a duel for.. I guess to have a duel (really was no reason), then yelled when Nola turned Ladrana down about how much of a coward she was, which grabbed Daskalos' attention, as well as the rest of Sapience who was listening. 

Daskalos does what he wants, Nola didn't 'send him after Ladrana'. Thats just loose assumptions. 

So. Don't post in my self-affirm unless you have something productive to say about my character's RP. Because that is what this is here for. 
    OrisaeSaybreLadranaIllikaalHavenLiancaErzsebet
  • Nola said:
    Ladrana came in and combo'd Nola, a tanked out Powerful Yeleni Daru, and it barely hurt. She finished what she came to do, and left, and then Ladrana cried about a duel for.. I guess to have a duel (really was no reason), then yelled when Nola turned Ladrana down about how much of a coward she was, which grabbed Daskalos' attention, as well as the rest of Sapience who was listening. 

Daskalos does what he wants, Nola didn't 'send him after Ladrana'. Thats just loose assumptions. 

So. Don't post in my self-affirm unless you have something productive to say about my character's RP. Because that is what this is here for. 
    If it didn't hurt, you should have fought her. That's all I'm saying. Instead of d'awwing away. And really, if you think about it, that kind of -is- your characters RP. Nola was snooping around for info on Ladrana's Goddess's who-zee-what-zits, Drana challenged her for said snooping, Nola skeedadled? Not trying to be mean. Just stating facts
  • edited December 2012
    I think I already myself pretty clear in my previous post. Nola was visiting, she wasn't hostile, and Ladrana attacked her. (Also, Public news #5432). 

This is not an invitation to continue this line of thought. Stop posting in my self affirm.
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    edited December 2012

Go away, Ladrana. Seriously, troll much?

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    edited December 2012
    Nola, Nola, Nola..

Dain started out as a clueless little novice and I wasn't even sure he was going to stay Daru. Some brief pre-roll rp via messenger with Aithinne to help solidify his childhood and various important milestones in his adolescent life had me interacting with Kylan, and I knew almost certainly that I would -join- the guild, but that was a mechanical draw too - Aithinne made Discharge out to be basically bashing orgasms[super happy fun time].

Nola has obviously been HoN for a very long time, and she was certainly present in a lot of Dain's formative Daru years, helping him to find answers and unearth new questions - she had a lot of influence on what it was he was thinking about, early on.

He's gone through pretty much every conceivable emotion - insofar as Dain is capable of feeling much of anything beyond zeal - that another relationship can bring out in regards to Nola. They've been student/teacher, they've been hunting buddies, they've been philosophical and deep, they've been displeased with one another, they've been a shoulder and kind (or not so kind..) words as required, they've been lovers, and more recently, they've just been supporting one another in a general sort of sense.

Obviously, she's a big part of my Aetolian experience, so I just want to throw a sort of thank you in here. With regards to your emotes, and roleplay - a lot of your emotes are well done and nicely phrased. I happen to play a character that has trouble caring about some of the things that Nola feels/does, simply because he doesn't really care about anyone when there's a high enough level of emotion in them or their actions, but I'd like to say, I have a healthy amount of respect for your character and portrayal of her.

Dain respects Nola's administrative ability, as well as many aspects of Nola herself. So.. play more. Most people can't maintain a level of consistency over such a long period. Dain may find her emotional grounding annoying, but that's nothing against you or her - that's just how he is.

Nola isn't Dain, but she's still a Zealot, and.. do want more zealots >.>
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
    HavenNolaErzsebet
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    During Sol's time in Enorian, Nola really became close to her and enjoyed her company. She sometimes was way too stubborn, emotional, and bossy - but truthfully, that was just part of her zealotry. She was passionate about what she did, and it just made things interesting on a regular basis. Sol still respects Nola quite a bit, and I really hope that we can keep trying to get tiny interactions in like we did the other day.

HavenNola
  • Discharge -is- a little like an orgasm, huh! Never thought of it like that.
    Haven
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    I like Nola and think we should interact on a more frequent basis.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Nola
  • Aly really enjoys talking to Nola. She is very kind of heart, and helped Aly understand what it meant to be a Daru. 

You're doing a great job with Nola, even if shes not around too much, her interactions with others when she is around are something to be fully enjoyed. Keep up the good work! :D 

Nola
    Does she hate Haven now too because of his Auresaen brand?! ;-;
    havenbanner2
  • No, you just never play. 

GOSH.
    HavenErzsebet
  • Giving this a little bump.
  • I had to go back to the ends of time to find this thread and drag it back out. I've been playing much more frequently now since coming back, so I'm interested to hear any feedback about Nola!
  • KerrynKerryn The Black Flagon Inn
    I adore Nola. Never disappoints.

Erzsebet
  • DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    edited December 2013
    [spoiler]
    \image
    [/spoiler]

I adore Nola. While it's true that Daingean tends to view her as a matron/teacher type, and has trouble remembering that they're actually not that far apart in age - as Aetolian ages go - he also feels that she's his third most ardent ally and friend.

Yes, third. But that's still pretty good!

There's a sort of easy understanding between them, where Daingean can count on someone to at least see why he does/says something, even when she may not agree with it, and that's really cool. I especially love the attempts you've been making more recently to take her out of her comfort zone as guide/nurturer and give her a bit more fire and zing.
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
  • The whole reason I even play this game is that Nola dragged Mireia out hunting on her first day in the Daru, then offered a ton of guidance and support and general mentorship, all while keeping up the whole hardass Daru teacher thing. 

And look where it got me. Now Mireia is the Daru GM. If that ain't the whole objective of taking care of noobs, I dunno what is. I hope to return the favor to every other new player I meet, even while I still don't know half of what you guys who've played for years and years know.

Our characters don't always see eye-to-eye on all things, but the love and respect between them is pretty much unbreakable. On her return, Nola has seemed to ease right back in to her role as an elder within the guild and a strong voice in Eno. It's good to see her working back into that role without the frustration that came along with the city leadership. 

And Nola is still feisty as all hell. So. Kudos. 
    NolaMoireanArbreHavenErzsebet
  • We've not ever interacted, but I've noticed your presence at lessers and it's always fun for me to see new faces (no you're not new, but I am :D) there! 

• I only have a few people I have been getting to rp with lately but I just wanted to give thus a bumpity. I have been trying to put more color to my emotes lately.
  • edited March 2014
    Love me some Nola.

I swear, that day over by Delos when she descended out of the sky and looped that scarf around Rashar's neck, that was a turning point for me. I was like, 'I want to be able to make somebody else see a scene like this.' I'm working on it. :) 

Nola is on my list of 'Hey, they are online gotta go see them' people.

Sorry, had to fix my formatting now that I'm on a computer!

KerrynPiperHavenErzsebet
  • Bee bop booop! I've been in and out recently because of work, but I've had the pleasure of plenty of juicy interactions in between, and I'd like to see how those present Nola to the people that've been involved or affected.
  • I know I was the last person to comment, but we also just got done RPing again so deal with it. :)

Nola is perpetually awesome. You manage to play the zealot in a way that you still come off as completely (blind?) to every other way or possibility, completely enthralled by your way of life (in a good way!) but also not a giant pain in the ass to actually hang out with. All too often, 4 minutes of RP with similar characters makes me slap my head into my face and say, "Time to go do something productive like smash my head into a moving dump truck."

In fact, despite her being so much different and always giving Rashar the hairy eye, I pretty much always like to hang out!

Some day Rashar is going to get her to admit he's a little bit right. And on that day, he will have gained her approval, and the world will end!
    HavenNolaErzsebet
  • Nola was the first person I looked for when I logged in after my prolonged absence. I was afraid that she would be gone along with so many of the others I knew, but she's still there, fighting the good fight. Quite literally. Nola is one of Melantha's strongest pillars of support, and I can't say enough good things about her. She's a wonderful sister and an outstanding role model. When Mel is stuck on something, Nola's the first person she runs to. So! In short, I really hope you get more opportunities to log in. You and Nola rock. <3
    Avatar courtesy of Eleanor. Thank you!
    ~~

~~
    Always interested in knowing how I'm doing!
    Nola
    Nola is awesome. I really enjoy reading your emote as they're wonderfully written and remain consistent with the character through and through. It all seems to come so easy to you.
    I don't really have a critique for the character yet. She's very believable and fleshed out well. She comes across well seasoned and full of wisdom as opposed to some characters who really don't seem to know what they're talking about or that they even believe what they're saying and are just rehearsing lines they read off some help files. Nola has lived the pain, seen the "light" and it really shows.

It's why I think the character herself is rich and very layered. Filled with histories and adventures and experiences that you allow to gradually emerge in her actions. Above all, I love that you are showing more than telling and you do it well. If Nola is angry, you can see it via her actions and mannerisms and tone as opposed to merely being told. And it's done in a non-cliche kind of way. I also adore the storytelling/novelesque kind of style you've gradually adopted and made your own.

All in all, Nola is awesome and people should come and check her out, be it friend or foe.
    havenbanner2
    NolaErzsebet
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    Nolalala. I agree with pretty much everything people've said in this thread. She's an interesting character, she's always dynamic and interesting to RP with, she embodies the guild's ideals perfectly without being overdone or cliche, she's fun to interact with, and my only criticism is that I want more RP from you than either of us have time to give. <3

Keep it up.
    imageimage
    Nola
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    I've interacted with you on a few occasions, which has always been pleasant, but our characters have never really had reason to delve deeper than pleasantries until now. I have to say, I'm impressed!

Nola comes across as a solid, seasoned character, and she feels very real, which I think is more difficult to achieve than people might expect. She also obviously has a rich history and involvement with the culture of the game, and you express that without being heavy-handed. What's really great, though, is that you manage to push past your own character to get an understanding of others. When Emelle approached Nola to learn about Damariel, I expected the usual outpouring of tenets -- not because of my experiences with Nola, but because of what I've seen other characters do -- but what I received was a genuine attempt to understand Emelle's angle and character. AND you succeeded! Usually I'm on the other side of the table, but today you made me carefully examine Emelle's motivations, which I couldn't have done nearly as effectively on my own.

So, thank you! It's been truly enjoyable, and I'll be looking forward to future encounters with Nola.
    HavenErzsebetNola
  • Bloop. Here I am again to poke for feedback, because I love hearing about whether or not my character is being portrayed the way I try to play her, and even if not.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Nola!? Nola gets jokes. Nola believe me when I truthfully say I did not eat that goldfish. Nola tolerates a lot more nonsense than you would expect.
    Nola
  • edited October 2014
    She has a great name, which can be used for combinations such as "Nolalala" or "Nolacakes" or "No La La." She loves this, trust me.

Okay okay, I'll try be serious here. Nola's character has consistently stayed true to many core Zealot beliefs. And, despite this, I enjoy that she doesn't feel completely constrained by the Revelation, which might have been a problem for several past Luminary/Daru leaders. She's testing new directions with her attempts to do new things with the Daru guild, move it on from Auresae, who has been very strongly tied to the guild's lore. My character might not always agree with her, but he respects her and is very fond of her. As a player, I appreciate the hard work Nola puts into the game, and the roleplay she brings to my own game experience as well.
    HavenNolaErzsebet