Mafia: The Syssin Strike Back

Comments

• @Emelle if you end the day without a majority vote being reached is that the same as a no lynch?
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
  • Teani said:

I really think Karhast did the wrong thing trying to out the town fool. Who would want to admit to being an idiot anyway?

No, but really. Why?

If things went well, we'd know who not to pay any attention to. Niiiiice and easy.

If things went poorly, as they have.. Hey, nothing happens. Not a problem for us. We're fine and nobody lost a thing and everything's fine.

Hell, your behavior reminds me of last game's enough that I'm suspicious of you being picked as the mafia again - not accusing anyone, going on half-hearted platitudes, not contributing very much.

Vote: Teani

Let's get this game moving on
  • Can't edit posts, but:

Unvote: Xenia

Vote: Teani

Just to make sure it checks out.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    You're making a mistake targeting me. Are you really going to kill me because I say I think people should barricade themselves in and wait till morning? I'm not involved in this. So to those who feel like listening to a warning, check out any sort of formation building up against me and keep an eye on them in the future, please?

I'm going to go lean against a wall and look at what people are doing and listen some more. I'm not going to take part in this madness. Sure, I can't say I liked Brayth a lot, but that just means I stayed away from there and had my drinks and meals elsewhere. Doesn't mean I killed him.

• Karhast said:

No, but really. Why?

If things went well, we'd know who not to pay any attention to. Niiiiice and easy.

If things went poorly, as they have.. Hey, nothing happens. Not a problem for us. We're fine and nobody lost a thing and everything's fine.

Except there's a decent chance that the town fool will want to align with the city until the end (or at least later) to keep playing.

If the town fool would have been exposed and voted on by your scheme we would start day 2 with:

- The fool (a likely citizen vote for at least a few rounds, more citizen votes = good) dead
    - One extra random (likely citizen, probability wise) person dead
    - And likely a citizen dead after the Syssin snipe somebody off tonight.

3 likely citizen deaths to start day 2 with? No thank you. The Syssin don't need that kind of advantage, and that's sure not "nice and easy" round or by any means a way that "nobody lost a thing". For somebody so aggressively shutting down the no vote option, you sure didn't mind a scenario where we potentially lose 3 people instead of 2.

My vote for Karhast remains.
  • Since Emelle is gently hinting that this is dragging on (she's not wrong!), I'll bite the bullet and vote @Teani too. I don't think the first day no-lynch idea would have been that disastrous, to be honest, but she was being very quiet and almost unnoticeable for ages, right up until she was called out on it. Any of the other quiet people would have suited me just as well, for the first vote.

As far as @Karhast goes, considered voting for him. Still not entirely sure I shouldn't. But I kind of believe what he's saying about his weird gambit. It was a bad idea from his part to try it this early and threw some confusion into things, but it seemed a bit obvious to be a Syssin ploy.

VOTE: @Teani
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    edited January 2017
    @Emir: Yes.

I won't post the entire recap of votes at this moment, because it's long, but here's the current status:

Sibatti (1): Kelliara
    Valingar (1): Jami
    Karhast (3): Xenia, Buford, Axius
    Teani (4): Ilyon, Karhast, Emir, Valingar
    Kelliara (1): Sibatti

8 votes are needed to lynch
  • SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
    @Emelle can you start including a tally of those who have yet to vote in your summaries?
  • Teani's lack of concern over the current train leads me to believe she is innocent. If I'm wrong then color me with a lack of insight. Just as I would be if I were to have my head on the block.

Karhast's reaction also makes me not suspicious. He was probably just being a stick in the mud, guy could probably use a drink to loosen up.

@Karhast, consider your tabbed wiped and feel free to start a new one. Tomorrow I shall be producing tonight's be tabs.

I'm tired of quiet people slipping by unnoticed, they do nothing to help.

Vote: Jami

edited January 2017
    @Sibatti: Sure can!

Not voted (3): Lehar, Sarita, Pazradym

Of those three, Lehar cast an earlier vote for Axius, then rescinded it. The other two have yet to vote.
    Sibatti
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    At this point, I'm still not convinced that @Karhast didn't have an ulterior motive for seeking out the drunk. If we're coming down to him and @Teani, I'm afraid I can't go with the "quiet = guilty" idea, especially since I seem to have gotten myself labeled as quiet as well.

Vote: Karharst
    I dare say I have voted, @Emelle, though I voted for a NO LYNCH, so perhaps that does not count. As for being quiet in the beginning, I do believe there were others who spoke as much as I did prior to that post.

• SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I just went back to check, and that post just pointed out people who had only posted once before it. That much appears accurate, at least.
    Sorry about that, @Teani! I included it in my last summary but didn't get it into my master doc. I'll correct that post.
  • In the interest of keeping up with things, i will move forward with the vote for Teani. Let us see what the night brings. 

VOTE: @Teani
  • I'm adding @Lehar to my list of suspicious individuals.

But I'm not moving my vote from @Sibatti.
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
  • ugh I hate not having any good ideas, but since there seems to be be two general paths forming... ::Coin flip::

Vote: Karhast
    By the divine might of Omei, you are restored to life.
    Omei gives the corpse of a headless cadaver to you.
    Omei offers you a quick wink.

• Uh oh, @Axius, someone is using the word suspicious. Better be suspicious of @kelliara now! : )
    I'd just like to point out that Jami and Pazradym are still keeping extremely quiet. We all defended ourselves, but even though Pazradym was first to defend after being accused of silence, I'm the one being trained on for some reason. Sarita, at least, offered some thoughts on things, while Jami said very little.

Right now I am glancing slightly at those who have hopped on my train, as I believe it is possible they are Syssin riding on Emelle's request to push things along. I'll stick to my no lynch though.

edited January 2017
    Recap:
    Kelliara voted for Axius
    Sibatti voted for Kelliara
    Emir voted for Sibatti
    Sibatti changed her vote to nobody
    Kelliara changed her vote to Sibatti
    Axius voted for Kelliara
    Emir changed his vote to nobody
    Valingar voted for Jami
    Ilyon voted for Teani
    Lehar voted for Axius
    Buford voted for Xenia
    Xenia voted for Buford
    Jami voted for Valingar
    Xenia changed her vote to nobody
    Buford changed his vote to nobody
    Axius changed his vote to Lehar
    Lehar changed her vote to nobody
    Axius changed his vote to nobody
    Xenia voted for Karhast
    Karhast voted for Xenia
    Buford voted for Karhast
    Valingar changed his vote to nobody
    Ilyon changed his vote to Xenia
    Ilyon changed his vote to nobody
    Teani voted no lynch
    Ilyon voted for Teani
    Karhast changed his vote to Teani
    Axius voted for Karhast
    Emir voted for Teani
    Sibatti voted for Kelliara
    Xenia changed her vote to Jami
    Lehar voted for Teani
    Pazradym voted for Karhast

Sibatti (1): Kelliara
    Valingar (1): Jami
    Karhast (4): Buford, Axius, Sarita, Pazradym
    Teani (5): Ilyon, Karhast, Emir, Valingar, Lehar
    Kelliara (1): Sibatti
    Jami (1): Xenia
    No lynch (1): Teani

The townfolk of Esterport spent what seemed like days squabbling and pointing fingers at each other, trying to find fault with very little information to go on. Small groups formed around Karhast and Teani, threatening to string them up, but no one was insistent enough to go through with it.

Finally, exhausted, the citizens abandoned their conversation. Some gathered together for drinks at the H&H2, while others, wholly spent, returned to their homes.

Night fell.

Day 1 has resulted in no lynch.
    It is Night 1.

The Syssin General is alive.
    There are 3 Syssin alive.
    Iosyne's Follower is alive.
    The Knight is alive.
    The Psychic is alive.
    The Drunk is alive.
    There are 6 Citizens remaining.

Night roles, please PM me your actions!
    A sign has been staked in front of the H&H2 overnight bearing a hastily scrawled message: "Two trains and no kills makes it all muddled! Some people have explaining to do - why string it out so long?"
    Another note appears at the H&H2, this one tacked to the front door: "Investigated things. Xenia is innocent. --Psychic"
    The sun rose on Esterport, and its citizens slowly crept from their homes. Some had taken extreme measures to fortify their modest houses, boarding up windows and barring doors. Others simply decided to take their chances.

A crowd began to gather in the middle of Tallow Road to take stock. It took three head counts before it finally dawned on the group that one of their number was not present.

Kelliara.

Initially no one was too fazed, as it wasn't unlike Kelliara to drink into the early hours and sleep late. "Just a hangover," most reasoned, "no reason to be alarmed." But a few skeptical citizens decided to visit her home and check on her, just in case.

They found the door unlatched, cracked ever so slightly. "Maybe she forgot to lock up," someone weakly suggested, but by now no one was optimistic. Finally, steeling themselves for what almost certainly awaited them, the small group pushed the door open. Kelliara's lifeless body was slumped in her bed, riddled with arrows like some sort of gruesome pincushion.

A piece of parchment lies on the blood-soaked sheets. It reads:

"Are you having fun yet? Because we are.
    Your move.

--The General"

@Kelliara has been tragically slain. She was a Citizen.
    -----

It is Day 2.

The Syssin General is alive.
    There are 3 Syssin alive.
    Iosyne's Follower is alive.
    The Knight is alive.
    The Psychic is alive.
    The Drunk is alive.
    There are 5 Citizens remaining.

7 votes are needed to lynch.
    This is -awful-.

Kelliara claimed she was keeping an eye on a few people, who seemed to be switching around their votes, namely Lehar, Axius, Sibatti and Emir. I know plenty of more people did this yesterday, but I'll start the speculations off today. Seeing as Lehar and Emir both voted for me, I'm choosing between those two and going with:

VOTE: LEHAR

• @Sibatti you got some splainin ta do.

@Teani you're just making me want to vote for you all over again. Best lead? Sibatti. Who do you vote for? Lehar. 
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
  • I voted twice. I sure did switch my vote around a whole lot. 

My curiosity is on the note from the 'psychic' - why would they put up a note like that? Seems like something that would only invite suspicion and lead to people focusing on Xenia. 
  • I'm going to follow Teani's thinlking, and being that Lehar was the last to vote Teani and Kelliara suspected him just before the round ended, he seems mighty suspicious to me

VOTE:LEHAR
  • I definitely think there's some trickery afoot here.

Kelliara being lynched: Sibatti was the only one specifically focusing on her. It's not unreasonable to think that the mafia probably did that just so that people would level suspicion at her right away, but it's a classic move that is typically pretty easy to see through.

The psychic note: I... don't even know what to think there. Anonymous notes are the only way for the psychic to announce a target without immediately role claiming, but I question its authenticity. Xenia's a powerhouse with this sort of thing, I don't think she'd throw that out there in an attempt at self-preservation. She has shown herself to be a crucial player, so it's not exactly a surprise that a psychic would check her out first, but I'm still leery.

Going back to Kelliara being lynched, and the rationale there, Emir seems quite quick to jump on Sibatti after last night. That would lead me to believe he's Syssin and trying to finish off the plan he helped set into action of making Sibatti look guilty, or he's falling for one of the oldest mafia tricks in the book.

I'd personally rather take my chance on a 50/50 vote with one person that seems suspicious (with some logic) than hopping on the "they haven't said much" train quite yet.

VOTE: Emir
  • Well then, Kelliara killed and after she'd come for drink again the night before. My mind is scattered with all these notes and trying to get my tabs together. More to come as I wrap my head around things.

Yet another note is pasted to the tavern's door (Xenia should probably invest in a bulletin board):

"Don't be fooled by the Syssin's sloppy attempt at confusing you -- Xenia was not investigated last night, Jami was. She is a civilian.

Regards,

pSychic."