Mafia: The Syssin Strike Back

Comments

• Hey, I'm keeping my vote on Karhast rather than a nolynch. I think the logic he's spouting is detrimental to the town. However, I'm also saying that if people really don't want to make a vote, then they could go nolynch, it wouldn't be that bad on the first day.

@Ilyon, I was simply addressing the concerns of those not wanting to lynch the drunk. It would be a shame to lynch me on day one because it would gain the town zero ground.

• SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
    Lynching the Drunk would lose two people, so... it would be a pretty good strategy for a Syssin to push. Or even Iosyne's Follower.
    XeniaBuford
  • To further explain my logic behind no lynch -- In many of the mods I've played, the no lynch has saved the town more than not. Instances where the mafia gets lucky and kills the only investigator or the balance of the game is so precarious that a mislynch can lead towards the town's loss. Typically it's a tactic employed to purchase the town more time to analyze the behavior of others and make informed decisions.

I have always found the counter argument, "don't take a chance to kill the mafia today, they are going to get ahead by getting guaranteed kills that night", a bit short sighted. Yes, that is the case on day 2, but you eliminate the possibility of lynching a town member and you also get a chance to get a read on people in the day one discussion, allowing for a smarter, more informed first lynch vote.

• Ah right, missed your vote, sorry. I can see the value of a nolynch in situations where the balance is close to even, but we are not there currently, and hopefully won't be.

Anyway, I'll wait a bit how things develop. Meanwhile -

UNVOTE: Xenia

• @Kelliara what's so terrible about voting for someone and then unvoting for them? I got a reaction with my vote and then redacted it so people couldn't band wagon on top of it while we waited for more people to speak up. @Sibatti is still the most suspicious to me.
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
  • It's suspicious, is what.

Let's be fair, we have nothing to go on, except hunches, wild innuendo, and outright paranoia.

So anyone who isn't sticking to their convictions, at this stage, is striking me as suspicious because it looks like they're just throwing up a bunch of noise to seem outraged, and like they're doing something, when actually all that's happening is time is being wasting.

I stand by my suspicion of @Sibatti. And the rest of the people on that list. And a few others now, to boot.
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
  • Okay, in the hopes of having an actual discussion, and in the absence of any real suspicions, I would propose targeting one of the silent people. They contribute little, and there's a good chance that one or more of them are syssin trying to hide.

Going by post counts, we have four people who have only made a single post thus far - these being @jami @Pazradym @Sarita @Teani . I'd go back to my default Teani vote, because that's what I do, but any of them seems like a solid choice.

• I'll get behind @illyon's logo if only to move forward. 

• Logic ( damn phone) . 

• My apologies for being quiet. I'm really not very good at tossing around random accusations with not a lot of information available, so I've just been trying to listen and gather what I can. Once I've got a bit more information to process, I'll be more vocal.
    By the divine might of Omei, you are restored to life.
    Omei gives the corpse of a headless cadaver to you.
    Omei offers you a quick wink.

• AxiusAxius where I am
    agreed @Xenia I'll toss in with @Ilyon's logic too, if only to move forward. I feel like everyone is just throwing shade and overall trying to accuse one another in a panic. I suggest either we vote no-lynch today, which had a good point, or we vote for someone who's been mostly quiet so far. Though @Kelliara seems to be throwing a lot of shade and being the most vocal person here. And she keeps pointing fingers at as many people as she can. Doesn't that incite some level of suspicion in and of itself?
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I'm telling you, I haven't done anything. I wasn't even drunk last night. That tab I've managed to run up is from a long time ago. I'm keeping quiet so I can listen and watch. I agree that trying to kill off the drunk is a bad idea. We don't want to give the Syssin a foothold. Whether this means we should actually lynch someone today or not, I don't know. I'm actually leaning towards no.

• Here are where things currently stand, as best I can tell.

Sibatti (1): Kelliara
    Jami (1): Valingar
    Axius (1): Lehar
    Valingar (1): Jami
    Lehar (1): Axius
    Xenia(1): Karhast
    Karhast(2): Xenia, Buford

and a few people leaning towards no lynch without actually voting it.

In an effort to move things along?

VOTE: NO LYNCH

• EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    edited January 2017
    Axius, Lehar, and Valingar have all withdrawn their votes. The current vote tally is:

Sibatti (1): Kelliara
    Valingar (1): Jami
    Karhast (2): Xenia, Buford
    Xenia (1): Karhast
    No lynch (1): Teani
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    @Xenia I actually removed my vote against @Lehar, and he did the same towards me.
  • I'll be back in 12 hours, so in the interest of not obstructing anything

VOTE: Teani

No posts from Sarita/Jami yet, so may swap to those when I show up again.

Emelle
  • Oh, Teani voted nolynch while I was typing mine, so, my Teani vote stands :smile:

Xenia
  • I've posted, other than some babbling, I can't rightly point my finger on a good suspect yet
  • Eh, damn it.

You people aren't even wrong - the drunk is someone we can get to, whose words we'll probably learn to eventually ignore, and whom the Syssin might stab at night anyhow.

I just hoped on a cheesy success by them outing themselves so I could go on to ignore what that player might have to say.

That aside.. No Lynch is a terrible idea. The off chance of an investigative person doing their thing or the knight protecting someone are nothing compared to the far more probable case of the Syssin stabbing someone. Last game was a lucky stroke combination of Xenia being kinda obviously a power role and being allowed to defend herself, but we lack that luxury this time. I really urge we kill someone off instead.

Vote: Teani

No lynch is a bad idea
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    at the urging of everyone else, and because I too would like to get back to my research and experiments, I'll put in a vote.

Vote: Karhast
  • I'm going to weigh in Teani's defense here, not because she's not suspicious, but because I think the nolynch vote is not motivated in sabotage. We have so many people and a mislynch here would result in 6 Town vs. 4 Syssin vs. 2 wild cards.

Of everything stated thus far, Karhast sounds the most suspicious of them all.

• Yeah, yeah. It was an honest gambit, and the worst case scenario is the one we have right now: nobody fell for my ploy. No harm was done, and we can get on with the game now.
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Ok, so I wasn't speaking up a lot because I know I'm a bit new around here, and things are just a bit hectic and confusing sometimes! I was especially reluctant to get involved in the whole debate about the drunk because of one reason though - and maybe @Emelle could clarify this for us all. The town drunk wins if he dies. Does that immediately end it for everyone, leaving that one wild card as the single victor, or could it go on to see if the Syssin, Citizens, or even Iosyne's follower stand at the end?

What I may or may not want to do would be based in part on the answer to that since @Karhast was pushing for it. I might vote for him or maybe a no lynch. I still stand by what I said before regarding @Buford and @Xenia probably being trustworthy for now, and to add on to that, if Xenia is a Syssin, I think it would be very foolish to have a list of Syssin published as tenants in the inn out in the open.
  • Per my understanding - game doesn't end if the drunk gets lynched. One random person from those who voted for the drunk dies along with him. @Emelle please correct if I got it wrong.

Personally I must say that I'm not a big fan of that role, it stalls things as people seem more hesitant to cast votes now.

• EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    edited January 2017
    @Ilyon is correct. If and when the drunk dies, the game will continue. The purpose of the collateral damage is to make the role an actual challenge. Remember that the true objective here is to have fun, which is possible regardless of whether one actually wins.

Now: I suggest you all get a move on. If folk stall for much longer, I'll choose to end the first day regardless of whether a consensus is reached!
    I'm really not good with the maths of it all. I just don't think anyone is standing out enough for me to place a vote on them at the moment. It's possible that Kelliara is right about Sibatti, that that was some form of unintentional slip. It's also possible that Kelliara is a bit drunk. We all know she can drink. I really think Karhast did the wrong thing trying to out the town fool. Who would want to admit to being an idiot anyway?

The Knight, as we have been told, has a starburst and will be protected the first time. I say we hope for the best and go to bed, barricade our doors and sleep with a knife near our throats so we can cut any nooses or defend ourselves if the Syssin come for us at night.

• VOTE: Teani

Partly to move the game along partly because it's ALWAYS a bad idea to vote no Lynch. The odds may not be in our favor to hit scum today, but even if we do hit town today it's better. We have more vote trains to examine, we have more room for discussion, more information to gather. The Syssin would be absolutely bonkers to fight against a no Lynch because the faster they push it into night the less information we have going into day 2 and that also basically gives them immunity to being lynched today.
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
    Xenia
  • SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
    I'm going to VOTE: @Kelliara because she's mean to me!