Mafia: The Syssin Strike Back

Comments

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Hey, @Ilyon, everyone who has ever seen me try knows I can't tie a knot to save my life. I'd just get tangled up and fall flat on my nose trying to rope someone else in.

And damn, you need to stop allowing me to run a tab, Xenia. You know it's no good for me.

• SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    What a terrible way to wake up this morning!

I'm a bit new here, so I barely know where to begin when it comes to trusting or not trusting people. Part of me just wants to get six bell tattoos and keep touching them as long as I can to make sure there are never any phased syssin around out to abduct me. Speaking of phase though, did anyone besides me think it was a bit odd that @Buford seemed to know so much about it? I don't want to overlook that, but I also don't want to vote for someone who so far seems to be willing to listen to other people and trust them rather than just throw wild accusations around, which right now he and @Xenia are doing.
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    Just a quick note: I hadn't specified before, so no harm done, but from here forward it will be against the rules to edit posts (myself excluded). For posterity.

Carry on!
  • @Axius - you have nothing to fear if you haven't done anything. I find it even more suspicious that you so quickly change your vote!
  • SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
    I don't think anyone can prove where they were or weren't at this juncture. @Xenia and her two "tenants" could be in collusion and Xenia worked suspiciously quick to be the first one to post a "ledger" of "evidence." It would be highly advantageous to clear your name early and benefit from unearned trust. I don't buy it.

I also wouldn't run up such a tab without paying! Such an allegation is insulting.
  • WHY ARE WE LISTENING TO SIBATTI WHEN SHE'S AN ADMITTED SPIREAN!?

We should be stringing her up like she helped string up poor whatshisname.
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
  • SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
    Look, I just woke up and said that. I honestly thought the H&H2 was in Spinesreach, not Esterport. And, let's be real, most of its patrons are Spireans.
  • A convenient excuse.

You haven't fooled me. I'm watching you, girly.
  • Tough decision we have before us. As things stand, innocents could find themselves lynched as easily as the guilty. Considering how loud Xenia has been overall, it does make me think she isn't afraid of the Psychic's attention, which is a mild positive. Likewise for Kelliara's flagrant aggression. But either of them could be bluffing too.

Lacking a better choice, I'm going to keep my vote unchanged until we've heard from everyone or a certain choice presents itself.
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    edited January 2017
    Day 1 current tally

Kelliara voted for Axius
    Sibatti voted for Kelliara
    Emir voted for Sibatti
    Sibatti changed her vote to nobody
    Kelliara changed her vote to Sibatti
    Axius voted for Kelliara
    Emir changed his vote to nobody
    Valingar voted for Jami
    Ilyon voted for Teani
    Lehar voted for Axius
    Buford voted for Xenia
    Xenia voted for Buford
    Jami voted for Valingar
    Xenia changed her vote to nobody
    Buford changed his vote to nobody
    Axius changed his vote to Lehar

Sibatti (1): Kelliara
    Jami (1): Valingar
    Teani (1): Ilyon
    Axius (1): Lehar
    Valingar (1): Jami
    Lehar (1): Axius
  • Sibatti said:

I don't think anyone can prove where they were or weren't at this juncture. @Xenia and her two "tenants" could be in collusion and Xenia worked suspiciously quick to be the first one to post a "ledger" of "evidence." It would be highly advantageous to clear your name early and benefit from unearned trust. I don't buy it.

I also wouldn't run up such a tab without paying! Such an allegation is insulting.

First off, this ledger had the official header line of the Hound and Halberd, halls, even @Valingar could smell its legitimacy!

As for the unpaid tab, I thought you might not recall the follies of that particular night, rest assured it was not last night so fine, you're right, I can't vouch for you whereabouts in the previous evening. So I'll ask, where were you @Sibatti, certainly not getting drinks at the Hound and Halberd(2).

Perhaps it was something more sinister and involving drinks at the Trident.

• So uh.. The forum RP and first-few-moments silliness is something I've never been partial to, but I do have a request.

Could the town drunk please come out and reveal themselves, so that we might lynch you now?

I don't want to have to deal with someone going about being obstructive so they can get lynched. I don't want to have to deal with someone being a bad player just so they can get their win condition fulfilled. The town drunk winning doesn't make the rest of town lose, but their being a nuisance does hinder us a lot, so - please. Just come out and vote for yourself, okay? You can win your own game and the rest of us can go on to actually play to win without you making this difficult on everyone involved.
  • While that's a good argument, that also means someone else dies along with them, effectively giving the Syssin 2 kills in one day. Not sure how I feel about that, but it has me way more suspicious.

UNVOTE: @Axius
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    I know that I'm still wary of you @Lehar as you seemed more interested in just offing someone randomly first thing, and -now- you mention that you don't want to give the Syssin 2 kills in one day? It sounds contrary to me, especially the way you keep throwing around the word "suspicious" and "suspicion". The most guilty people are the ones who repeat the words they wouldn't want leveled at them. But I'll relent for now.

UNVOTE: @Lehar
  • All this voting for one another, and then unvoting is setting my paranoia on edge. Lots of looking like misdirection and obfuscation, looking like you're doing things, but not really.

@Lehar.
    @Axius.
    @Sibatti.
    @Emir.

I'm watching you all.
  • A suspicious request from @Karhast indeed and the sort of thing a syssin would request to guide their people away from the guilt. 

Not a fan of people helping the Syssin plot and stay safe. 

VOTE: Karhast

• But that's going to happen anyhow, Xenia. We either vote for the jester and be done with them now, or it happens later. The Syssin targeting them is unlikely: why would they stab a bad townie? If it turns out an innocent person dies while voting for them, we can examine those who remain behind and wonder why they so intently chose not to vote for them. The literal only difference is a number of days of not having to deal with the drunk's silliness.
  • I disagree with the argument and don't trust your motives. I stand by my vote. 

• You're okay with whipping out pages of white noise about silly taverns, but one person comes up with some actual strategic posting and you jump on them? And then come back with a 'lol no you're bad'? I'm not buying it.

Vote: Xenia
  • What you suggest will essentially lead towards 2 more deaths starting tomorrow and no debt on the Syssin.

this is definitely not in the towns favor, especially not this early. You're basing your argument on fear of a drunkard causing trouble that might very well be easy to spot and ignore. This is why I don't buy your argument. 

• Debt should be dent in the above. 

• Hrrm. There's some merit to that drunk vote thing, but I would be leaning against attempting that. Thing is, while we'd get that problem out of the way, the town's power roles will likely want to not be on that train, making it easier for the syssin to find out who they are.

• I agree that the drunk could be a nuisance down the road, but up until that point it's essentially handing the Syssin a free kill. The drunk will make themselves obvious to us at one point, and from there we can choose to either ignore, or strike a bargain to kill it off for a win when there aren't as many Syssin around; something mutually beneficial that way. I do not agree with fast-tracking a citizen to death today simply because you don't like the role.

VOTE: Karhast
  • Then again, one thing to consider is that Karhast could be the drunk and trying to get himself killed right away to win and he doesn't care what happens to the rest of us. 

Like a true drunk. 
  • Yeah, that's why I'm not voting for him. On the other hand, he could also be a syssin trying to spread chaos. Warrants an investigation, I'd say.

• Drunk or not, I can't imagine somebody wanting to be lynched immediately like that. Sure there'd be a win, but what's the fun in that the very first day?
  • While i know it's wildly unpopular, I don't see the problem with no lynch if we don't have any intelligence and everyone is concerned about lynching a drunken fool, but as is, the chances of offing someone important are a tad higher on a blind lynching today than they would be tomorrow.

Yes we are one person short, but don't forget there are the 4 Syssin to choose from, 8 town folk and 2 wild cards. The chances of us lynching wrong are higher now and when factoring in this drunkard and the priestess, it would be in our favor to be conservative and not lynch based on edgy feelings.

There are a lot of us and it's very easy for a Syssin to sit back and let the good townsfolk of Esterport vote each other off. Besides, if anyone here is drunk, I'd have to say it's @Kelliara

• I don't see any merit to @Karhast's original plan. Seems to me like killing off the Drunk would have cost us a lot with no benefit.

If we had done it, we'd have gained no information at all on the Syssin and lost two citizens before night was even here. There's a good chance we could have woken up tomorrow down 3 citizens from where we are now, and with not much more idea on who to vote for than when this day started. We'd have had to make a string of almost perfect choices to recover from that.

So, Karhast is suspicious, but I'm not sold enough to vote. Could have easily been a honest miscalculation, and it didn't seem like a very subtle plan if it was a plan.

UNVOTE: @Jami

My original vote on her was to test the waters, and sure, she's still being quiet and unnoticable, but so are too many people. She's definitely not my top suspect, so no reason not to remove the vote.
    Sibatti
  • @Xenia: I hear a lot that no-lynch is very often to the detriment of the town, so I've come to kind of believe it. But if we can't get to a consensus otherwise or progress forwards, I'm not opposed to not lynching for one day while we wait for the Psychic to find something out.
  • UNVOTE: Teani
    VOTE: Xenia

I fail to see how a nolynch is going to achieve anything.