Mafia: Endings in Esterport

Comments

• Excellent points Emir... Though I would feel very bad voting against Kerryn after she stuck up for me, I'm afraid I can't follow you on that vote with out less circumstantial evidence.

Say has anyone seen or heard from Leana? If she is hiding somewhere I'd consider that a bit suspect at this point....
    By the divine might of Omei, you are restored to life.
    Omei gives the corpse of a headless cadaver to you.
    Omei offers you a quick wink.

• Alright, alright, I guess you all wish to hear out my reasoning. Way I see it we have twelve people here. Four of which certainly mean the peaceful people eminent harm. But if we point fingers and start tying people up randomly there is a greater chance of killing off someone of importance or innocence. My vote is not to suggest I am against reaching a conclusion and instead to steer away from a fast decision. A temporary vote for nobody in this case is used more as a way to gauge people's reactions and stances.

My thoughts thus far:

Teani's reasoning, though flippant, is as good as any, and while two people were named, she did not cast a vote for either. A good baiting technique.

Karhast chose a safe and harmless vote in zoning in on someone who had not yet engaged with the group. For reasons that Emir has stated, it certainly has made me wary, but it is a tactic I would certainly have employed to force input from everyone.

Kerryn does make a point, back when Spinesreach was at its height we Spireans certainly had our fair share of drinks. However, in times like these, who really can find the time to drink as heavily as we once did and survive? It is entirely plausible that Kelliara's tolerance has shrunk to pitiful proportions. Regardless, it would appear she took the bait presented and makes a choice on what was likely no more than a coin flip.

Emelle then zeroes in on Kerryn for riding on Teani's logic.

Arbre smells something fishy about Emelle's logic and calls her out.

Emir calls out Karhast next for much the same reasons as Emelle. From here I see the start of a bandwagon, Teani hopping in on Emelle's caravan and shortly after Emir follows suit for the sake of getting on with the proceedings. These three so quickly to come to an agreement doesn't quite sit right with me, it smells of collusion and teamwork.

Kelliara and Pazzarino (or whatever her name is) spend their time arguing for their innocence.

Ilyon has yet to voice much more than an acknowledgement that someone died quickly. Jami and Leana have yet to emerge from their homes, or wherever its they've been. Another group of three, sitting back and observing or simply not aware.

Of all this there are two groupings of three: 1) Teani, Emelle and Emir all pushing to lynch Kerryn and 2) Ilyon, Leana and Jami not being as vocal. Could be happy coincidences, but none of it sits quite right with me. It is in the Dominion's favor to proceed quickly and start a bandwagon on a vote when the strength of the innocent is at its highest and for this reason, I am going to zero in on the first group as likely containing those of despicable character.

Teani set it up, but Emelle made the first move. For this reason I am going to go ahead and

VOTE: EMELLE

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Good summary, Xenia, though I should perhaps add that I was, for a moment, debating whether to oblige Emelle on standing together by casting my vote on her. It was a toss-up really. She did seem bloodthirsty, or perhaps simply determined to sort this whole thing out. I'm leaning towards Xenia's side, simply because she's got a good head on her shoulders, but I'm not sure I'm convinced yet.

Damn, being without that Security Minister at a time like this really sucks.

• Bit surprising move from Xenia with the noVote option. Drawing activity to oneself is not something that the vampires would want to do, but on the other hand, making us want to trust one of them is something they definitely -would- want to do. So I'd say Xenia is either Abhorash or innocent, with a 50/50 chance - could be either, there's no way to tell. Unlikely to be a regular vampire, as someone whose cover can easily be blown by an investigation would not risk this.

The push for votes does seem suspect, here I agree with Xenia. But, considering that 50/50 chance of her being scum, I cannot agree with her choice of the target. Esepcially not when Emelle was the first to cast the vote.

That leaves me with Teani, or Emir. Teani was the first one to mention the name - as a bait, perhaps - and the fact that she waited for someone else to cast a vote before following herself only raises suspicion further.

So I'm going to

VOTE: Teani

• edited January 2017
    The crowd's roars and accusations grew in volume, tensions flaring as the game of he-said-she-said rose to unbearable levels. It took a splattering of gore and offal landing on those assembled to strike them into stunned silence. They turned in unison to find Leana's body - or what was left of it - laying around in bits and pieces within the prayer garden.

She'd begun necrosis, unable to take the stresses of this constant conflict, but the arguing served as the perfect distraction for nobody to notice until it was too late. Shaken up by this, and the sun that was quickly disappearing, the people of Esterport agreed to retreat to their homes for the night.

Leana has committed suicide. She was a Citizen.

(Leana wanted to step out of the game, so in the interests of progression, we're calling that the day round.)

It is now NIGHT.

Sentaari, Illuminai, and the Dominion - PM me who you wish to use your respective abilities and lynch vote on tonight. Once I've received all PMs, we'll transition back into the next day round.

There are 3 members of the Dominion alive.
    Abhorash is alive.
    The Sentaari is alive.
    The Illuminai is alive.
    The Syssin is alive.
    4 Citizens remain.

EDIT: Point of clarification. We shifted into the night round as opposed to allowing a vote during the day and killing off Leana as well because statistically speaking, there was a higher chance of killing off a civilian today. That would mean starting Day 2 with 3 civilian deaths after the Mafia make their vote. With a game this small it's in the best interests of all to give it a bit more time.
  • With a group so small, when someone drops out like Leana did (and who knows, maybe Jami too), it really messes up the balance of the game. Potentially leaving the village with 5 members on the next round and then three mafia folks and one SK.

I am wondering if for the sake of maintaining balance, given the situation, if the role of the Syssin can be transformed from that of a Serial Killer to a Survivor. Instead of trying to murder everyone, they just need to survive to the end for a joint win with whomever. They have the ability to phase two times in the night, thus shielding them from threat.

Thoughts?

Well, the Syssin are sneaky people bent on surviving. Could make sense, I suppose? Leaving it up to Buford though.

• I can get behind that idea Xenia, you're quite right. We'll make that happen.
  • edited January 2017
    It was an eerily quiet night in Esterport, particularly within the newly-remodeled Hound & Halberd 2 that Xenia proudly owned. The crowds had since vanished from the establishment, leaving her alone to clean up after their mess; help has been pretty hard to come by these days, but people willing to fill their guts with alcohol weren't.

She stood behind the bar, giving it a rigorous scrubbing with a dampened washcloth as a silhouette appeared in the doorway.

"H&H2's closed," she called to the visitor. He grunted.

"I wasn't fancying myself any alcohol," the figure responded with a sinister glint as he stepped out the shadows.

In but mere moments Abhorash was upon Xenia, attacking her in a frenzied flurry of strikes.

...Strikes that hardly grazed her skin, thanks to the rippling aura that surrounded her. Abhorash relentlessly attacked for a long span of minutes before sneering and fading from sight, but not without one final call of warning that slithered upon the air.

"I'll get you, and your little Illuminai friend soon enough."

--------------

Abhorash and the Dominion attempted to kill @Xenia.

She was protected by the Illuminai.

It is now DAY 2.

There are 3 members of the Dominion alive.
    Abhorash is alive.
    The Sentaari is alive.
    The Illuminai is alive.
    The Syssin is alive.
    4 Citizens remain.

There are 6 votes needed to lynch.
  • If not for the crafty work of the Illuminai and that angel stationed at my door, don't know if the H&H would still be up and running today. Drinks on me after all this business is handled. Thinking maybe I zeroed in a little too well in the previous day.

Seeing as I was the subject of this treacherous attack, I think it's safe to say I am sided with all of us here, trying to make the best of it in Esterport. I ask now for a private rolecall, sent to me in message, let's get to the bottom of this and handle the Dominion once and for all.

• I'm just here to be active and note that I'll be voting along with Xenia for whomever. Either the Illuminai got ridiculously lucky, or she's the Illuminai herself. She's not with the Dominion in either way.

Also, just to confirm: can we talk amonst ourselves during the day, Buford? It's not always legal.
  • Another attack?

This has to end. We're lucky that we had an Illuminai to prevent another death.
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    That was a close call. Maybe the Gods are still with us after all.

Is everyone else accounted for? Has anyone heard from Jami?
  • Talking is perfectly allowed, if not encouraged during the day rounds! That discussion is what ultimately leads to figuring out who to vote for!
  • She's asking if talking in PMS is allowed.

Emelle
  • edited January 2017
    I'm glad everyone is alright after the attack last night. Xenia any chance you got a good look at the attacker? We have to put a stop to these.

Still no word from Jami though. I hope she hasn't been another victim...

Edit: spelling is hard
    By the divine might of Omei, you are restored to life.
    Omei gives the corpse of a headless cadaver to you.
    Omei offers you a quick wink.

Maybe Jami's body is curled up and hidden somewhere? Have we searched all of Esterport for more corpses? Granted, with how the Security Minister was found, I doubt Abhorash will be hiding his work...

Glad you pulled through, Xenia. That must have been quite an ordeal!

• edited January 2017
    @Buford can you speak on whether Pms in this mode is acceptable?

edit: autocorrect

Well, if we're going to return to yesterday's business, perhaps we should start discussing what to do about this situation? Unless Xenia finds some different kind of information during her investigations, perhaps we should trust her instincts from then? Until further notice, I...

VOTE EMELLE

• EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    Now, wait just a moment. Don't you think it would be far too predictable for the Dominion to target the first person who came close to their trail? Vampires may be reprehensible, but they usually aren't stupid.

I haven't harmed anyone, I assure you.
  • PMs are fine, though I would encourage you to keep the bulk of your conversation here for everyone else to see and judge you by!

Just remember: No copy+pasting role reveals, screenshots, anything like that in PMs to anybody that may ruin the fun.
  • That was a hazy couple nights of whiskey, I hope you folks learned more than I did in my stupor
    Hrm, maybe, or that's just a cover. They did fail after all, and I don't think they counted on that.

• It all happened so fast, the attack and I just didn't get a look to see the face of my attacker. Without a doubt my attacker had fangs and was not of the living. While I'm interested in moving forward with the momentum started in the previous day, I am reluctant to do so without first gaining contact with our Sentaari and Illuminai, the latter you have my thanks; good instincts you got there!

I need time to collect my thoughts, more to come as I do.

• I can't help but think that @Kerryn's hasty finger-pointing at me, and now silence in the face of these attacks on @Xenia are increasingly suspicious.

Where was she during the night? Out plotting to murder us in our sleep, perhaps? These attacks have to be stopped.

VOTE: KERRYN
  • I still await word from the Sentaari and the Illuminai. Until then I wish to turn my eye towards @Teani. Ilyon's assessment made me think more on the situation. After starting to train on she, Emelle and Emir, I found myself the target.

More so, I am beginning to wonder if she is maybe Abhorash, masquerading around and playing the caring villager by day and murderer by night. Still, I am awaiting word from my Sentaari on the subject.

• Just give the word tbh, and I'll vote. You're the confirmed townie we have, and @Teani can mount her own defence just fine.
  • KerrynKerryn The Black Flagon Inn
    I was asleep, in a time like this, I'm not about to go out wandering after dark. I have explained my whereabouts, what about you @Kelliara where were you? I still think you're trying to throw us off your trail and are the one responsible for the attempt on @Xenia's life.

VOTE: KELLIARA

• Like you, I was home safe last night.

But unlike you, I didn't spend my day yesterday casting blame hastily at someone based on nothing more than their name.
    Xenia, do you really think that I would go right back to pointing towards Emelle, who was someone you voted for, if I were in fact colluding with her?

To answer Ilyon's accusation, I the beginning I was simply pointing out my own flaws in distrusting people with long names. My following vote felt like it had as much merit as anyone else's. We didn't know who to trust!

After the night's events, with Xenia being attacked and protected, it felt natural for me to go back to her logic. Now, unless she claims otherwise, I will keep my vote as is.

I would, however, like to point out something else that felt a bit odd to me, and that is Emir's summary post. It feels like it's flipping back and forth with accusations right up until the end, where he accuses Xenia, but then votes for Kerryn. Xenia's summary post felt much more coherent and I agree with it more, even though it does point towards me. I can see why I'd look suspicious, but Pit! This is some scary stuff we're dealing with!