Haven and City Portal Changes

13»

Comments

• edited January 2017
    @Xenia: That seems to go against the very spirit of the change.
    EmelleXeniaLeanaLin
  • Atrapoema said:

@Xenia: That seems to go against the very spirit of the change.

True that. Honestly, I just want a reason to RP about building some elaborate space. Maybe remove the prog so people can break into it if they want to. Have it be a player enforced rule for the sake of RP. Honestly, I Just liked the idea of the city building a huge homeless shelter with cots and telling people they can go there to allow their bodies to rest if they don't want to leave husks out in the streets.

PazradymZaila
  • aaaand now I can't get the image of Futurama's head museums out of my mind. Just rows and rows of little husks in jars with labels on them. Still though, doesn't seem like a bad idea at all if only to avoid the clutter and noise of streets somewhat. One of concerns I had from before was the outside conversations interrupting me when I'm trying to write or something, and this does seem like it would handle it nicely, provided certain etiquettes were encouraged in said room.
    By the divine might of Omei, you are restored to life.
    Omei gives the corpse of a headless cadaver to you.
    Omei offers you a quick wink.

BufordXenia
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    And yes, this change would mean it costs to be antisocial, which I believe was the whole point. They want to create more opportunity for interaction.

• Teani said:
    And yes, this change would mean it costs to be antisocial, which I believe was the whole point. They want to create more opportunity for interaction.
    Just because people can't sit in safety doesn't mean they are going to suddenly have an eye-opener moment where they start skipping and singing musical numbers. They're just gonna either go house->haven or afk on guards. If people wanted to interact more, they'd be out of their havens doing it, imo.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• Xenia said:

I don't see why there can't be a city room that is essentially dampened with a constant vibe of silence. Keep a monolith in there, add a prog to prohibit entry from anyone but a citizen to said city. Let the city orgs foot the bill for the org members who want to use havens as before without spending 250 cr. I see no reason why this can't be the solution.

Wouldn't this just be CITY PORTALS with a silence vibe?

• OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Point of clarity for @Arbre and others because I know it's easy to get confused in a thread moving at this pace: I never suggested player housing as a means to the way it was before, because that would just undermine the purpose of this change. Havens are still mostly safe if you live in a city and are certainly still entirely private. The point was to give you an easy way to monitor the events beneath you in an in-character fashion if something might encourage you to pop out of your haven for a while, not to upsell you on anything.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Emelle
  • I would tentatively add that it also allows you to be held accountable if you try taunting from your Haven and forget to make sure you're safe, first. :P

Teani
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    @Oleis are you notified of the ongoing conversations in your husk's room regardless of where you are in your Haven? Or is it just the origin Haven room that gives you notice?
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Haven said:

@Oleis are you notified of the ongoing conversations in your husk's room regardless of where you are in your Haven? Or is it just the origin Haven room that gives you notice?

Currently, anywhere in your haven.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • How did people mudsex and privately RP and do other private things before havens. 
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
    LinEmelleAtrapoemaHavenFyrren
  • Emir said:

How did people mudsex and privately RP and do other private things before havens. 

Carefully

Fyrren
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Tenshyo said:

Emir said:

How did people mudsex and privately RP and do other private things before havens. 

Carefully
    Or not very carefully, in some cases.
    ZailaEmelleSerriceHavenSaritaTeaniRunas
  • Emir said:

In the trees, renting rooms in taverns, personal housing, off-plane zones that most people don't venture into.
    Zaila
  • edited January 2017
    Not productive or particularly relevant.
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
    Trikal
  • Second best use for a pre-shaman grove.

(The first was annihilate, of course)
    Haven