LOVE

Comments

• Just some love to my school, since its such a chill place to have a first teaching job. We're super small, and we operate out of a larger, shared community building. During the 'summer' the AC was on full, industrial blast and my desk is right under an HVAC vent. Now, I can deal with cold- you can always drink hot drinks and put on more layers. The second it was quantifiably 'fall', they shifted gears and now its just stuffy and hot in the ENTIRE building. Nowhere moreso than the faculty office, and since our AC is shared with the whole community building, we can't exactly share.

There's currently a weirdo heatwave hitting New England, with temperatures reaching upwards of 80 outside. You can imagine, between that and the full-blast heating inside, how it gets. Now, I have asthma, so heat and summer and muggy are really bad for me. There's a finite amount of layers you can take off (Especially when working with children) and only so much cold water you can drink before being on your feet all day starts to get to you. So, my school initiated a school-wide, teachers and students, dress down policy for the next two days, with the following two days on a 'let's see' basis. I came in a light polo and jeans- way out of dress code, and no flak. I was able to move my class to the gym basement- where its the coolest, yesterday, so my students could not pass out, and actually learn something. No flak. They're really supportive about minor changes, and given where I went to school and the types of scenarios I experienced as a student, seeing this level of community awareness and care from the faculty side is really great.

So just a little bit of shoutout to them for trying to make the best of a weird, hot, muggy, bad situation.
    EmelleAryanne
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    I didn't see anything but the shouts but I thought @Zsadist thing last night was really cool.

Zsadist
  • ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    I love that I just learned there is a fancy-ass, college way to call someone a pussy.
    NiaIraeApianora
  • IraeIrae Six feet under.
    Well done to everyone in the Great Hunt!
    Teani
  • Congratulations, and death to the guy who dropped me off of tenth place! (i was very lazy)
  • My roommate moved out early today.
    I have an AMAZING sublet lined up for Nov. 1st.
    My boyfriend is getting closer to a newer higher paying job and transitioning out of his current one.
    Still on track to move to Seattle in December <3

Everything has been looking so good. I love it.
    He told me I was so small...
    I told him, "Water me."

Affirm Pilar!
    TeaniSaturnineXeniaKerrynEmelleSerriceAishia
  • #BeachKids2016

@Saturnine, @Qephah, and @Maksim

If you don't know, now you know.
    SaturnineQephah
  • Also known as the Juice Crew.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I don't know anything.
  • I love the Quest-in-the-Box!

As you push the red button within the box, the reel paired to it begins to rapidly turn, the words written on its face blurring with the speedy motion. As it comes to a stop, a curious suggestion is revealed: while reciting the alphabet in Tsinkin. As you push the green button within the box, the reel paired to it begins to rapidly turn, the words written on its face blurring with the speedy motion. As it comes to a stop, the name of a location is revealed: the Northern Tundra. As you push the yellow button within the box, the reel paired to it begins to rapidly turn, the words written on its face blurring with the speedy motion. As it comes to a stop, an activity is revealed: bring that special person. Your quest is to travel to the Northern Tundra and bring that special person while reciting the alphabet in Tsinkin. Good luck!
    TeaniXandrenEmelleZailaAymah
  • RhoynnRhoynn Hartford
    This is me being cautiously optimistic BUT:

After a series of miscommunications, shitty service supervisors, and delays, it looks like my car will be back to normal, entirely, by tomorrow. Mechanical and Body work.

And it only took them 48 days.
    Zaila
  • NiaNia Trashy
    The Spirean Halloween ball was immensely good fun. It would take forever to list all the people I think deserve a round of applause for it, so in particular, let me just say thanks @Atarah for organising it, and @Kanivara whom I think also had some involvement?

It was wonderful to see so many people competing for dance, and I had fun designing my costume and a couple other masks for people, even if the time-pressure as a bit scurry close to the last week with the Great Hunt etc.

So in short: I <3 Spinesreach, and I <3 everyone who organised/attended the ball.
    KelliaraXeniaEmelleZailaFezzixTeaniDidiSaturnineAtarah
  • So excited, vacation got approved, so soon I'll be going to go to Portland for a week to visit a most beloved and eccentric uncle that I haven't seen in years!
    Didi
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Love, love, love hanging with the people from my old student farce group. They're a hilarious bunch of people and have that way of making you feel right at home and at ease. Anything and everything goes in that company, no one will say "Hey, that's a bit over the top" or "You're too boring to be part of this". People can choose how much or how little they want to be involved, dress however they want and there's always someone to randomly hug or smooch.

Every year they put together a new show (this year's production was sensational, they just keep getting better and better) and this weekend it was time for premiere. As usual, they had a package deal for old members, meaning pre-drinks, a ticket to the show, and a 3-course meal and party. People tend to dress up for this particular thing, meaning I had the opportunity once again to put on my lovely ballgown. That I later in the evening mingled with a bunch of crazy, practically (or literally) half-naked people, didn't make me feel like an outsider at all. It's just one of those fantastically awesome parties you don't want to miss out on.

It's at times like that I feel like I should make an effort to get out more than I do. Soon.

Emelle
  • Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert on this election makes me wish they would run for office. Colbert/Stewart 2020 pls.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

DidiEmelleHavenXenia
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Toz said:
    Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert on this election makes me wish they would run for office. Colbert/Stewart 2020 pls.
    I'm just going to leave this here:

¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Xenia
  • I know its a bit late but much <3 to all the people who came out to the Bawdy Joke competition. It was fun to meet so many new faces from across the game in what was, honestly, a bit just to relieve the boredom that kind of grew into a nice little group RP.
  • Going to the arcade with @Zarni and having a blast.

(Spinesreach): Xiuhcoatl says, "Oh man, grab the children-corn. This is gonna be good."
  • I've been sick for days now. I finally go to the doctor and the nurse does a strep test on the back of my throat and a flu test in my nose. @Zarni looks right at me and says, "Yeah, well, the nurse has gotten into more holes than I have today." Suddenly, I'm laughing. I love this man.

(Spinesreach): Xiuhcoatl says, "Oh man, grab the children-corn. This is gonna be good."
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    Ghost in the Shell: Innocence is getting a rerelease on blu-ray after a long time in limbo due to licensing issues.

I remember vividly watching this movie at Otakon in 2007 and being enthralled from start to finish. Really can't wait to revisit it.

Lin
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    edited December 2016
    @Hadrak

That video has me terrified, but interested. Then again, as long as it doesn't reach levels of mindmonkery like Serial Experiments Lain, or Paranoia Agent, which I know most of the Ghost in the Shell content does not do, choosing instead to use the philosophical approaches to examine issues, I think I'd enjoy watching it.

Edit: Apparently I found a word not in the filter!
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    double post 'cause fudge the police!

I <3 the LOOKUP feature so much. It's so incredibly useful.

I just had to do LOOKUP SARTHOK, and it allowed me to form a better mental image. I went from some sort of six-legged cat, to a six-legged lizard, to what I imagine is a cross between a lizard and a pangolin, but with six legs.
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    Axius said:

That video has me terrified, but interested. Then again, as long as it doesn't reach levels of mindmonkery like Serial Experiments Lain, or Paranoia Agent, which I know most of the Ghost in the Shell content does not do, choosing instead to use the philosophical approaches to examine issues, I think I'd enjoy watching it.

Innocence can be a bit of a different beast compared to the first movie--the focus is largely on Batou rather than the Major, there's quite a bit of strange stuff going on, and it's got a film noir approach, but it's still Mamoru Oshii through and through.

• The leader meeting was super successful, I felt, and I'm really glad we were all able to meet up and chat.
    OleisBufordKerrynErzsebetAymah
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Lots of love going out to those Spireans who brightened up my New Years Eve. I had a blast. Never stop being awesome!

ArbreZailaXenia
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Whoever sent me the leek and grape. It's stirred up random roleplay off and on and I love it. I'll figure out who you are one day, though.
    LeanaMazarineAishia
  • AnteheAntehe Immortal
    I love the Tournament of Roses Parade, every year it just makes me super happy.
  • edited January 2017
    I love that I got a $20 Ulta gift card for Christmas and now I cannot only replace my shattered bronzer, I can get one of higher quality.

I love that my business idea is slowly becoming a reality. I meet with a pattern maker from NYC on January 15th to talk sizing strategies for plus size bodies and I begin formal business planning on January 29th. I've been so inspired lately and ideas have just been pouring out.

I'm finally over the Strep/asthma/cold onslaught, which is awesome.

EmelleMariena
  • KerrynKerryn The Black Flagon Inn
    I love who ever made Brother Bast in the Sentaari GH. He has a knack for saying the most bizarre things mid-conversation with guildmates.