CMUD Help Desk

Comments

• That did it, problem Solved Thanks so much Daskalos
    SheirosiaDaskalos
  • Should hopefully be something simple I am missing.

I currently am trying to gag the different communication groups (web, tells, etc...) into tabbed windows. When I say something everything works just fine. However when someone else initiates the communication, even though I gag the line, I get a blank space afterwords. Any idea how to prevent this from happening?

This works:

<trigger priority="19520" id="1952">
      <pattern>~(Web~): You say, *</pattern>
      <value>#Capture Web;
    #GAG</value>
    </trigger>
    This doesn't:
    <trigger priority="19500" id="1950">
      <pattern>~(Web~): %w says, *</pattern>
      <value>#Capture Web;
    #GAG</value>
    </trigger>

Any help greatly appreciated.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    By blank space do you mean a new line? An extra prompt? Space after the text?
  • NalorNalor UK
    edited December 2014
    why not just use = ~(Web~): = ?? without the You say, %W says?

~((*)~)~: * {says|say}, "

is what my old Cmud uses to capture all channels in one window
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    Ishin
    I had him use #gag 0. That seems to have solved it.
  • Certainly appears to, haven't noticed anything odd since... though sleep deprivation probably didn't help in my efforts.
  • SaervokSaervok Waterford
    So, after an unfortunate series of events, I am re-writing everything again. And have been trying to streamline things using SQL and CMUD. Everything goes well when testing this alias, however once I try to call it from a trigger, it crashes CMUD. Any thoughts?

#VAR Running_Affliction_Management 1 #SQLDB aetolia.db row = %sql( aetolia, "SELECT * FROM Afflictions") #WHILE (!@row.Eof()) {#IF (%ismember( @row.Item("Affliction"), @Character_Afflictions)) {#IF ((@row.Item("Cure_Type") = slice) and @Character_Vitals.herb and (@Slice_Healing = 0) and (%ismember( anorexia, @Character_Afflictions) = 0)) { $Slice_Needed = @row.Item("Cured_With") #VAR Slice_Healing 1 Eat_Slice $Slice_Needed #ALARM {+1} {#VAR Slice_Healing 0} #VAR Running_Affliction_Management 0 #ABORT All } {#IF ((@row.Item("Cure_Type") = poultice) and @Character_Vitals.salve and (@Poultice_Healing = 0) and (%ismember( slickness, @Character_Afflictions) = 0)) { $Poultice_Needed = @row.Item("Cured_With") $Poultice_Location = @row.Item("Location") #VAR Poultice_Healing 1 press $Poultice_Needed on $Poultice_Location #ALARM {+1} {#VAR Poultice_Healing 0} #VAR Running_Affliction_Management 0 #ABORT All } {#IF ((@row.Item("Cure_Type") = tincture) and @Character_Vitals.pipe and (@Tincture_Healing = 0) and (%ismember( limp_veins, @Character_Afflictions) = 0)) { $Tincture_Needed = @row.Item("Cured_With") #VAR Tincture_Healing 1 INJECT $Tincture_Needed #ALARM {+1} {#VAR Tincture_Healing 0} #VAR Running_Affliction_Management 0 #ABORT All }}}} {#CALL @row.Next}} #SQLCLOSE aetolia #VAR Running_Affliction_Management 0
    Might have to hit up zuggsoft forums for that. I didn't even you could use SQL with cmud.
  • SaervokSaervok Waterford
    Yeah, it actually turns out to be noticeably faster that utilizing database variables, I just started really digging into it but the results have been worthwhile enough to grind through and learn how it all works.
    Moirean
    Nice, I'll look into integrating that myself!
  • So I did #showtable %gmcp and was looking through the stuff however, I don't really see a list of mobiles in there anywhere. I was planning to make a targeting script to capture targets in a room and was thinking GMCP might be the best route to do it.

Maybe I missed something? If someone could point me in the right directions, I would appreciate it and will start there before I get into the complex stuff heh
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Kryptic said:

So I did #showtable %gmcp and was looking through the stuff however, I don't really see a list of mobiles in there anywhere. I was planning to make a targeting script to capture targets in a room and was thinking GMCP might be the best route to do it.

Maybe I missed something? If someone could point me in the right directions, I would appreciate it and will start there before I get into the complex stuff heh

Not sure if GMCP has a list of mobiles, but you can easily check that with INFO HERE or IH too.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    Mobs can be found under gmcp.Char.Items.List.items. You have to ql/l/ih to update the list.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

TragerMoirean
  • edited March 2015
    If you have to do ql/ih to update the list then nevermind. I was going to do gmcp in hopes that it would auto update as you enter each room. Back to the drawing board.

Thanks for letting me know which table it is under though for future reference, appreciate it a lot.
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    Oh, sorry, when you enter the room the list is updated automatically. But if something leaves or enters, for instance, you need to do ql/l/ih to update that list, unless someone has found a work around that I'm not aware of. I just have my basher ql after each kill to keep the room up to date.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• edited March 2015
    So I was thinking I would try to set it up so that when I enter into a room it automatically pulls the info on mobiles from gmcp and puts it into a table for storing based on each area, will worry about priority a bit later, and then I could just setup my attack alias to do something like

#if @table.targets.area = x then hammer doublebash x elseif @table.targets.area = y then hammer doublebash y end Issue I'm having right now is when I do #showtable %gmcp.Char.Items.List.items it is coming back saying null so I can't get a look at how it is setup and try to figure out how best to drag it to a table. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Also, if I'm over complicating this please let me know now. Most this is just to make my life a bit easier and to get a better grasp of gmcp and Cmud coding so I can build a good offense system. Thanks again for any advice and assistance.
    #showtable %gmcp.char.items.list.items should pull up items in the room. That command is working for me. It returns null if you're asking for an invalid gmcp item, so make sure you didn't typo anything.

You can force a gmcp response by using #SENDGMCP (less spammy than QL). Eg:

$db.group = ""
    #SENDGMCP Char.Items.Room $db
  • edited March 2015
    Moirean said:

#showtable %gmcp.char.items.list.items should pull up items in the room. That command is working for me. It returns null if you're asking for an invalid gmcp item, so make sure you didn't typo anything.

$db.group = ""

I'm having the same issue as Kryptic. I don't even see mention of Char.Items when I do #showtable %gmcp. I also quoted your commands exactly and still get null for the table.

EDIT: It looks like I didn't understand how the support packages were loaded
  • Moirean said:

$db.group = ""

I also tried using that same command. I see nothing in the GMCP table about the "Room" besides the num, map, exits, name, desc, area, coords, environment. Why am I also missing the "items?"

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    If statements with two conditions to meet? And nested if statements? Trying to set up a little monk macro that will do combos depending on what the limb variable is and the direction variable is.
    Areka said:

If statements with two conditions to meet? And nested if statements? Trying to set up a little monk macro that will do combos depending on what the limb variable is and the direction variable is.

#SWITCH (@legbal and @rightarmbal and @leftarmbal and not @prone) {qeb combo @tar sdk ucp ucp} (@legbal and @righarmbal and @leftarmbal and @prone) {qeb bbt @tar}

Not sure on the and not @prone, it may be different it's been a long long time since I zscripted, but you could also simply change it to 'and @prone = false'.

Also, basically a switch is similar to an if/elseif thing in mudlet. if firstset dothis, elseif secondset dothis, etc.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • !@prone = what your aiming for
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    Ishin
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Thanks!

Wasn't arm bal I was talking about but that was super helpful.

What I've been fussing with:
    #if (@limb = head and @dside=left) {combo @tar wwk ucp ucp}
    #if (@limb = head and @dside=right) {combo @tar axk ucp ucp}
    #if (@limb = torso) {combo @tar sdk hkp hkp}
    #if (@limb = leg and @dside=left) {combo @tar snk @dside tsp hfp}
    #if (@limb = leg and @dside=right) {combo @tar snk @dside ucp pmp}
    #if (@limb = arm and @dside=left) {combo @tar sdk spp @dside spp @dside}
    #if (@limb = arm and @dside=right) {combo @tar sdk blp @dside spp @dside}

and making it not break my little maces macro of hitting limbs off of the dside and limb variables.
    Areka said:

Thanks!

Wasn't arm bal I was talking about but that was super helpful.

What I've been fussing with:
    #if (@limb = head and @dside=left) {combo @tar wwk ucp ucp}
    #if (@limb = head and @dside=right) {combo @tar axk ucp ucp}
    #if (@limb = torso) {combo @tar sdk hkp hkp}
    #if (@limb = leg and @dside=left) {combo @tar snk @dside tsp hfp}
    #if (@limb = leg and @dside=right) {combo @tar snk @dside ucp pmp}
    #if (@limb = arm and @dside=left) {combo @tar sdk spp @dside spp @dside}
    #if (@limb = arm and @dside=right) {combo @tar sdk blp @dside spp @dside}

and making it not break my little maces macro of hitting limbs off of the dside and limb variables.

This is what your bunch of #IF's would look like as a #SWITCH:

#SWITCH (@limb = head and @dside=left) {combo @tar wwk ucp ucp} (@limb = head and @dside=right) {combo @tar axk ucp ucp} (@limb = torso) {combo @tar sdk hkp hkp} (@limb = leg and @dside=left) {combo @tar snk @dside tsp hfp} (@limb = leg and @dside=right) {combo @tar snk @dside ucp pmp} (@limb = arm and @dside=left) {combo @tar sdk spp @dside spp @dside} (@limb = arm and @dside=right) {combo @tar sdk blp @dside spp @dside}

And you should be able to basically copy and paste that into whatever alias or macro or keybinding or whatever. I don't know if cmud supports returns or not, so I didn't add in anything like that. Using a #SWITCH is much prettier than nesting the #IF's too, because if you nest the #IF's it looks something like this:

#if (@limb = head and @dside=left) {combo @tar wwk ucp ucp;#if (@limb = head and @dside=right) {combo @tar axk ucp ucp;#if (@limb = torso) {combo @tar sdk hkp hkp}}}

...and if you miss a } or anything like that then it won't work. Imagine doing that with curing and crap back in the day of z/cmud dominancy. Ugh.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    ArekaDidi
  • is anyone still using CMud? I now its a long shot, I just don't like Mudlet at all which is what everyone in game is pointing me to now that I have returned from my time away
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I'm in the process of converting from zmud to mudlet. Mudlet makes my soul cry right now. If you need help with c, it's just like z so I can PROBABLY help you with it. That being said, I'm telling you, you're better off with mudlet. Sorry for joining in the bandwagon with you.
  • You know if you build it to work around firstaid, it may be fine to use. However for anything else, you're gonna be SOL.

• I currently still use cmud, I can't make the jump to mudlet.
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    Using CMUD, trying to tap into using GMCP to remove/reduce my prompt, and horribly failing at it due to massive choppiness/lag.
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

• Tekias said:

Using CMUD, trying to tap into using GMCP to remove/reduce my prompt, and horribly failing at it due to massive choppiness/lag.

It's been a while since I used CMUD, but is it just that the gmcp variables lack values or you're not getting the package sent to the client enough? Maybe we can help.