I_Mapper continued

Comments

• I've added this before myself at one point, but I think I lost my sourcecode. A 'step' command, which would move you just 1 room in the map path.
  • For some reason the mapper gags my "<" and ">" in any text, making certain things look very strange.  Any clue why it is doing this? Everything else works perfectly and I am on mudlet.
  • Calipso said:
    For some reason the mapper gags my "<" and ">" in any text, making certain things look very strange.  Any clue why it is doing this? Everything else works perfectly and I am on mudlet.

I believe this is a mudlet thing, not a mapper thing. I have the same problem whether I'm connecting through mudbot or not.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    Calipso
  • Force MXP Negtiations Off, should be a setting under Special Options. It will fix that for you!
  • A question for you lovely Mudbot'ing folks …

I am running a freshly compiled version of MudBot v2.42 alongside Mudlet v2.1 and I've found that if I close my client and reconnect to the Mudbot server, GMCP stops working. It's not a problem if I start with a fresh login and actually enter my character's name and password.

This is particularly cumbersome if I've made a change to my system that requires a complete restart to take effect. I basically have to log out of the game,  log back in, and re-def my character each time. Here is the error that I'm getting on the Mudlet side of things:

Lua error:[string "function getSkills()…"]:3: attempt to index field 'Char' (a nil value)

A friend suggested adding 'gmcp_login_as "none"' to my config.txt file but alas, the problem persists. Any thoughts on potential solutions to this problem are greatly appreciated!

Xavin
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    I think it's a Mudlet thing. I've noticed this problem while using Mudlet with Mudbot as well but when using CMud everything is fine.

Might be worth it to ask over on Mudlet's forums about it.
    Haedyn
  • Kaeus said:
    Force MXP Negtiations Off, should be a setting under Special Options. It will fix that for you!
    mmm Cant seem to find that option in Special Options. Will attempt to search in other places.
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    @Haedyn I tested it out more and made a post in your Mudlet thread about it.
  • Right, I have a huge error with my Mudbot.. minus it lagging the .. out of me.. it keeps sending hidden stuff to spam me out ..

Nothing can be seen here by that name.
    I do not recognize anything called that here.
    You detect nothing here by that name.
    You cannot see that being here.
    Ahh, I am truly sorry, but I do not see anyone by that name here.

^^ is what Mudbot is sending.. does anyone happen to know why? as its not my system as I've echoed all commands being sent and nothing gets sent at the times that is showing...

• edited February 2013
    Looks like a system thing to me, so i am baffled!
    Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
  • edited February 2013
    its not my system, since this happens when I have no system also..

its why i turned on all the echos, to see if it was my system and nothing was getting shown to say it was the system.. only other thing I have is mudbot.. :/

• It's been happening to me too - just in room descs though. Very odd.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    edited February 2013
    (Enorian): A zealous guardian says, "Rally to me, citizens of Enorian! There's trouble at 'Boulevard of Honour!'"
    (Enorian): A solemn chaplain says, "To arms! I have engaged an enemy at 'Yaslana Gardens!'"
    (Enorian): A bright-eyed missionary says, "To me! Enemies in the city! Come to me at 'Yaslana Gardens!'"
    (Enorian): A peacemaker of Enorian says, "By Auresae! We are under attack at 'Yaslana Gardens!'"
    (Enorian): An argent intercessor says, "Citizens, follow me! Enemies are here at 'Yaslana Gardens!'"
    (Enorian): A bright-eyed missionary says, "Hostile forces at 'Yaslana Gardens!'"
    Those are all the guards + their messages in Enorian. I'll be raiding the other cities but I'm pretty sure the messages are the same so we'll probably just need the Guard names. I know you've been looking for these for a long time Xon to add to the mapper. :D

Edit: I'll check the burrowing and flying messages too.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • if you could write up a how to amara that would be great, haven't played around with it on linux so yeah.
  • It was way easy, I'm really glad @Xon posted the source and it's nice to have a map that doesn't eat its own face whenever I have my lovely lovely lagspikes every 10 seconds. I'll get on that guide as soon as I have time.
    Alright. So the guard messages are the same across all the cities. Took me a few deaths but it's confirmed!

Here are Spinesreach's guard names:
    • A cabalist of jherza
    • A regally-dressed Syndicate enforcer
    • An Atabahi guard
    • A grey-clad peasant conscript
    • A spirited young Cadre mage
    I could be wrong about the Cadre mage being a guard as some of them belong to the city and some belong to an NPC called Kazz or something. HELP SECURITY needs an update on guard names, Spinesreach's farmers don't exist having been replaced with Conscripts now.

Here are Duiran's guard names:
    • A feral bahkatu predator
    • A cloaked forestal warden
    • A barbaric satyr shaman
    • A tempestuous undine aquacaster
    • A burly centaur crossbowman

Here are Bloodloch's guard names:
    • A domineering Carnifex knight
    • An imperious hemic savant
    • A callous Praenomen guard
    • A shawl-draped scion of despair
    • An earthen acolyte
    I need help collecting the burrowing and flying Guard alert messages.
    havenbanner2
    Thank you @Kerryn!

A bright-eyed missionary says, "Enemies above, Enorian! There's trouble at 'Narrow corridor in the Medina!'"

A bright-eyed missionary says, "Citizens, look to the skies! Attackers at 'Narrow corridor in the Medina!'"

Hope that's enough for you @Xon!
    havenbanner2
    Riluo
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    edited March 2013
    @xon: I know you were working on how to handle have mudbot use custom wings for efficient pathing. Did you ever figure out a way?
  • You can do that with map wing and config artifacts, I believe.

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Hrm, I must have an old version, mine won't path through wing locations if it's a shorter route.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I'm sorry if this has been asked before and answered, but I'll ask anyway.

The mapper includes shrine influence zones and when I enter a room with a new shrine, it won't shift because the old one is still marked as influencing the area. Is there a simple command to remove shrines/shrine zones from the map and set up new ones?

Teani said:
    I'm sorry if this has been asked before and answered, but I'll ask anyway.

The mapper includes shrine influence zones and when I enter a room with a new shrine, it won't shift because the old one is still marked as influencing the area. Is there a simple command to remove shrines/shrine zones from the map and set up new ones?
    map config shrinecheck will disable the room limit influence check.
    havenbanner2
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    @xon any word on the v2.44 update??  
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • of mudbot itself? I'm working with lanira to figure out the bugs in the latest version of imapper and mudbot.
    I am sorry for my absence of late, I have been very busy, and haven't really had time for much work on imapper and mudbot, but things should quiet down soon and I will get back into working with it and getting the current version being worked on out.
  • TzaTza
    edited April 2013
    If you dash against a locked door with no mapped room beyond it, the mapper screws up. >_<

Workaround: 'Attach' / hack a room onto the other side and it works. Still annoying though.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    It seems shrines can be placed closer together now. There are two shrines on Polyargos with only one room between them. For some reason I can't mark both shrines even though I have both SHRINE INFLUENCE and SHRINE RADIUS disabled. What to do?

• What does "[Can't show the path from here though, as no current room is set.]" mean?

• It means the mapper has lost where it is. Most likely, the room you're currently in isn't mapped or mapped correctly. Try going to somewhere you know is mapped right, then going back to that place - if it doesn't fix it, try re-mapping the room that's acting up.
  • [Forcing aetolia MXP off, mapper currently doesn't work with it.]
    You currently have MXP Disabled.

Wuh? My I_Mapper is so screwy. :(
  • Tza said:
    If you dash against a locked door with no mapped room beyond it, the mapper screws up. >_<

Workaround: 'Attach' / hack a room onto the other side and it works. Still annoying though.
    Yeah its one of the quirks I've been trying to iron out, I will give it another go soon
    Nokomis said:
    [Forcing aetolia MXP off, mapper currently doesn't work with it.]
    You currently have MXP Disabled.

Wuh? My I_Mapper is so screwy. :(
    That is normal behavior, right now MXP on aetolia will send a weird code to the client and mudbot/I_;Mapper, a fix is in process of being made.
    TzaLuthien