Confession Thread 2.0

Comments

• ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    I am really terrible at puns
    I /just got/ that "The Blood Bank" is punny.
    just
    IraeMissariMarienaVarel
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    Being a sheltered homeschooled child for all of my life, I'm borderline like MCU Captain America in which I'm still watching movies I should have in my teenage years at 25 years old. Between @Draiman and @Ezalor trolling me over skype about which movies I haven't seen, I've got quite a bit work to do. I've only watched Fight Club for the first time as recently as last year.

Now, I just joined this group of friends for my first ever D&D experience over skype. I didn't know the unicorns handbook was 300+ pages long and how srs bsns tabletop D&D is. Good lord. But I can definitely say I'm excited to try it all out. Leggo.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    DraimanHavenShachalaiDidiXeniaTeaniAkaryuterra
  • CarivahCarivah Tremble, little lionfish
    Zaila said:

I am really terrible at puns
    I /just got/ that "The Blood Bank" is punny.
    just

Carivah is a master of stealth fish-puns. Most of them are too small, though, so they don't get caught.

-- My proudest feeling in this game is that, more than once after RPing with someone, I got an esteem message that said I had taught them a new word.
    ---- At least twice the word was "baleen."
    DidiSatomiTenshyo
  • edited September 2016
    I'd sacrifice my right arm to see Daskalos back in the game.

I never use to try to get involved in a whole lot in the game because every time I did someone made me feel useless and discredited. So for the longest time I just let myself fade in the background and rp with whomever approached (even the people others thought were bad to rp with... and even doing mudsex and other stuff just to occupy time)

And I got a bad rep on the char I did it with for it at the time. By time I decided I was tired of being expected to be the one who'd do that... it didn't matter what I did on the char... someone would always ever so "privately" tell the other person how worthless I was to rp with.

so I stopped using that char and made a new one... which was hard.
    In comes the new one... I got in got involved and Daskalos was Enorians leader at the time... he was encouraging and helpful so when I got bored and switched sides... I felt reaaaaaally guilty and made another alt to stay in Enorian which he was also equally kind and helpful to.
    I mean I felt useful for once... and of course he was sharing a system at the time which actually made me useful in combat.

When he quit the game... I pretty much gave up on that side for the most part... and ended up with Aniko as my main.

Do not ask me my alts and please respect me enough not to list them off like a guessing game. If you know them cool... if you don't... sorry I am not talking about it.
    DidiXandrenIraeKonnornJensen
  • KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    I used to get annoyed when people would complain about bugs never being fixed, as I would often spend time fixing skill bugs when I had either designer block or felt they were pilling up. Today I realised the random bug command only pulled from a very select pool and didn't pick from the ones I assumed it did.

Oops.

Bugs in the bug system. It's never ending.
    KelliaraAnikoAishiaSeirTeaniTenshyoMihaketiVash
  • Keroc said:

I used to get annoyed when people would complain about bugs never being fixed, as I would often spend time fixing skill bugs when I had either designer block or felt they were pilling up. Today I realised the random bug command only pulled from a very select pool and didn't pick from the ones I assumed it did.

Oops.

We still love you, @Keroc. Thanks for all your hard work!

<3
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
    EmelleXeniaQephah
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Aniko said:

I'd sacrifice my right arm to see Daskalos back in the game.

I never use to try to get involved in a whole lot in the game because every time I did someone made me feel useless and discredited. So for the longest time I just let myself fade in the background and rp with whomever approached (even the people others thought were bad to rp with... and even doing mudsex and other stuff just to occupy time)

And I got a bad rep on the char I did it with for it at the time. By time I decided I was tired of being expected to be the one who'd do that... it didn't matter what I did on the char... someone would always ever so "privately" tell the other person how worthless I was to rp with.

so I stopped using that char and made a new one... which was hard.
    In comes the new one... I got in got involved and Daskalos was Enorians leader at the time... he was encouraging and helpful so when I got bored and switched sides... I felt reaaaaaally guilty and made another alt to stay in Enorian which he was also equally kind and helpful to.
    I mean I felt useful for once... and of course he was sharing a system at the time which actually made me useful in combat.

When he quit the game... I pretty much gave up on that side for the most part... and ended up with Aniko as my main.

Do not ask me my alts and please respect me enough not to list them off like a guessing game. If you know them cool... if you don't... sorry I am not talking about it.

Daskalos is/was such a good player for the dark side to rally against; for pvp (1v1 and group), and RP ideology. I've always liked him as a player and character.
  • Keroc said:

Oops.

This explains everything.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    Keroc said:

Oops.

Bugception.
  • -I'm an Aetolia retiree.
    --I quit, only to start thinking of my next storyline to come back to in a few months. I got too excited and had to create it probably within 24-48 hours of saying I was retiring for a while. GG me.
    AkaryuterraRasaniXeniaTeaniEmelle
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Don't feel too bad. Once upon a time I Totally Quit Aetolia Forever, until one fateful day a player going by Obscurity (@Elanth) wrote a post giving me props for my RP and claiming I was part of a fond, bygone era of the game.

I came back literally the next day and made Lin.
    EmellePilarBlanche
  • I miss you, boo.

Oh, right confession

-Drestyn was never supposed to go Darkie. I did it on a whim. Shit was cash.

LinIrae
  • Every time someone mentions 'omnipotence pills' on Market, I can't help but hear 'impotence pills' in my head.

Ahem. I mean the little blue ones.

I can't be the only one, surely?
    ZailaSynne
  • edited September 2016
    @Nia

I think that's what EVERYONE thinks. I hope anyways. Either way. You're not alone anyways.

edit: Oh, right. Confession.

Xan is completely innocent, which is exactly the opposite of me when it comes to his own body. I snicker every time I can kind of pick up on people's thoughts in regards to his vines that extend from the center of his back. He has no idea what people suddenly start looking shifty over in my mind's eye. I know EXACTLY what they are usually thinking. And sometimes, I like to nudge Xan into innocently doing stuff that he might not realize isn't exactly "innocent". Whipping people in the arse with a vine because they are in his way and he wants to shuffle to the front of the group? That's purely him being innoncent.

Also: He is actually weird as far as his..body goes. The diagrams in my mind as far as his anatomy goes is actually unusual in that it flip-flops. Unknowingly to anyone, sometimes the diagram portrays his "body" as actually being more like a hermit crab shell or something, and the vines are actually part of his "real" body inside. Other times? That's not the case, he actually isn't hiding inside of a cocoon or a shell at all. It's hard to pinpoint what the deal is with him honestly in regards to that.

But I also know that in my mind's diagram of his anatomy he actually lacks any identifiers that would mark him as male or female. At all. Don't ask me how any of that works for him, I've managed to work out some of the stuff that matters to me, but in so far as things go. He's definitely male, just lacks any sort of visible markers for it.
    The rushing sound of waves breaking upon a shore fills your mind as Slyphe imparts to you, "Meltas is a bit..special sometimes..."
    Nia
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    Xandren said:

@Nia

I think that's what EVERYONE thinks. I hope anyways. Either way. You're not alone anyways.

edit: Oh, right. Confession.

Xan is completely innocent, which is exactly the opposite of me when it comes to his own body. I snicker every time I can kind of pick up on people's thoughts in regards to his vines that extend from the center of his back. He has no idea what people suddenly start looking shifty over in my mind's eye. I know EXACTLY what they are usually thinking. And sometimes, I like to nudge Xan into innocently doing stuff that he might not realize isn't exactly "innocent". Whipping people in the arse with a vine because they are in his way and he wants to shuffle to the front of the group? That's purely him being innoncent.

Also: He is actually weird as far as his..body goes. The diagrams in my mind as far as his anatomy goes is actually unusual in that it flip-flops. Unknowingly to anyone, sometimes the diagram portrays his "body" as actually being more like a hermit crab shell or something, and the vines are actually part of his "real" body inside. Other times? That's not the case, he actually isn't hiding inside of a cocoon or a shell at all. It's hard to pinpoint what the deal is with him honestly in regards to that.

But I also know that in my mind's diagram of his anatomy he actually lacks any identifiers that would mark him as male or female. At all. Don't ask me how any of that works for him, I've managed to work out some of the stuff that matters to me, but in so far as things go. He's definitely male, just lacks any sort of visible markers for it.

I really wanted to understand all of this, but all I got is:

Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

TenshyoDidi
  • DzekkDzekk A training courtyard surrounded by arches
    - I'm actually an Aetolia retiree
    - I quit a couple years ago thinking I would never come back, but lol
    - I feel filthy cause I started with 5200 retirement credits.
    - I didn't intend on it being a permanent return, but... 5200 credits.

- In the past all I cared about was PKPKPK
    - But now I actually try to RP and do Org stuff and why did nobody tell me what I was missing out on
    - I still care a lot about PKPKPK

- I made Dzekk with hardly any background or story thought out
    - Like literally none what am I even doing here
    - Doesn't matter, have 5200 credits
    - Things just kind of started happening at me and I guess this is who I'm playing now okay

- I don't know what happened to those credits
    (The Front Line): Aishia says, "U better check yourself before u Dzekk urself."
    DraimanApianoraLinSerriceZailaSeir
  • - I haven't been very active here recently because I'm playing Achaea
    - I like it.
    - Despite the rumors, there's plenty of RP there, and to go along with the rumors, there's so much PK omg it's fking everywhere.
    - 90% of this entire communities attitude towards PK and the shiny from Achaea had me seriously considering retiring both characters from here for a moment. Matter of fact, the only thing that stopped me was @Cariv.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

AtrapoemaNia
  • NiaNia Trashy
    The page title of the Iron Realms website is 'The Best MUDs', and I can no longer navigate there without picturing the statement being spoken by Donald Trump.
    DzekkAishiaEmelleXeniaArbre
  • RhoynnRhoynn Hartford
    Nia said:

The page title of the Iron Realms website is 'The Best MUDs', and I can no longer navigate there without picturing the statement being spoken by Donald Trump.

You want MUDS? I know MUDs. I've got the Best MUDs
    NiaQephahEmelleArbre
  • I've talked to the leader of the MUD industry - their TOP person - and he says I'm great. He says "Saturnine, only you can lead this city in the way it needs."
    Arbre
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    We'll build a firewall and we'll make Imperian pay for it.
    NiaZailaTeaniSaritaArbre
  • DrestynDrestyn Bloodloch
    You gotta grab them by the TOPMUDS. Aaaaand we're off topic

Confession:
    I'm the walrus.

• -I'm very self conscious about a lot of things
    --I hate to love, and love to hate PK
    ---I'm really bad at believing in myself and because of this I sell myself short.
    ----Due to said lack of self belief, I come down on myself harshly (in regards to PK) and don't give myself the credit for all the progress I have made.
    -----

*I've been playing Aetolia for over a decade.
    **I still greatly enjoy the game, and it has honestly gotten a lot more fun this year, for me, and 9.5/10 days I always look forward to coming home and logging in.
    ***I have made, and found, some of my best friends playing Aetolia, and I have no shame in admitting that.

+Tens was originally intended as a 'powerful telepath' when I made him.
    ++He was made while I was in an auto-cad class in Highschool.
    +++I was disappointed when I found Telepathy had jack-all to do with bashing.
    ++++This actually, in end, turned out to be better.

~Tens was not my first character
    ~~It was actually @Kylan and Ryiann that instilled my continued wanting to play way back when.
    ~~~It is how they worked with not only me, but other novices, that I feel obligated to try and help new people like they did. Sometimes I do good, other times I may as well set myself on fire and walk away (and burn a slow, painful death)
    ~~~~Like so many other players, I too get cases of being nervous or scared to RP at other players - This is something I've been working on getting over.

NiaEmelleIrae
  • PraedythPraedyth Valhalla
    edited November 2016
    I'm an Aetolia retiree.
    I would have come back with around 15k credits to burn into Praedyth, but I tried out Achaea and lost half of them.
    The above was a terrible idea.
    I don't really know what I have in mind for Praedyth. I don't even know how long I'm going to keep playing.
    Somewhere in the past I think I forgot how to make new mud friends. I always feel like I'm annoying people when I talk to them.

I recently got married and one of my mudding friends flew to ANOTHER COUNTRY just to be there. Ain't that cool?
    Oh, also I seem to have forgotten pretty much everything I knew about coding. This is bad. Very bad.
    ApianoraHavenSerriceSeir
  • I went ALL IN on Saturnine and now all I want to do is play an old character, aaagh.
    NiaEmelleXenia
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    edited November 2016
    Take it casual! You just got married! Enjoy life!

PRAEDYTH'S FALL ISN'T OVER ... BECAUSE IT HASN'T HAPPENED YET ... AND IT WILL HAPPEN AGAIN

Praedyth
  • Saturnine said:

I went ALL IN on Saturnine and now all I want to do is play an old character, aaagh.

WEEPS WE MISS U
  • QephahQephah Sacramento
    -I can't seem to not have 3-4 characters, though I generally stick with one and play the others when its quieter.
    -I've played too many names over the years, but Q is the first I really feel invested in. The first character I actually tried group combat with, who I bought an artifact on, and pushed well past 100. Still not sure how I am close to 112, but I'll take it.
    -I am really trying to branch out and RP with anyone who comes my way. I am used to sticking with a small niche, but I've discovered so many awesome people by going out there.

EmelleDidiSeir