Silence - a virtue or just plain fun?

TeaniTeani Shadow MistressSweden
edited March 2013 in Roleplay Logs
So, liking the old-fashioned way to gain an endgame race, getting a task from one of the Divine to be allowed to take part of their essence, I decided to give that a try. Here's what happened. Mind you, Teani is not a member of any Congregation right now.

Edit: Can't get the spoilers to work for some reason, which is annoying me quite a bit.

Two large wings extend from a beautiful hourglass, flapping gently to keep it afloat. The golden substance within the glass has fallen completely into the lower chamber, and exudes a bright glow. The pedestal over which it hovers is engraved with the image of a farmer's scythe, its blade resting on a cord that trails down to the form of a man kneeling in reverence.

You have emoted: Teani sinks down in front of the shrine and offers her load of corpses. Looking up at it, she studies the hourglass and sighs. "Lord Dhar, I hope You got my message." She lowers her head to the pedestal, running a finger listlessly along the scythe.

You are transported by the power of the Divine.
Before the throne of the Underking.
The intricately detailed throne of the Underking sits here regally. Tobias stands here, his relatively small and youthful frame clad in dark robes. The air feels lifeless and dead in the presence of Dhar, the Underking.

You have emoted: Teani blinks and jumps up from the ground. Noticing Dhar, she swallows hard and bows her head. "Um..." is all she seems to be able to get out at the moment.

His words echoing over themselves, Dhar, the Underking says, "You would have Me expend My energy upon you, to achieve something you do not require Me specifically for. . . a reward."

A misty white haze glows within Dhar's hood, the ethereal energy seeming to form the rough contours of a misshapen eye, which scrutinizes you carefully. "What would you offer Me?"

You have emoted: "My services, such as they are." Teani responds, raising her eyes to look at Dhar, searching for features inside the hood. "If I go through this on my own, I would become an Idreth. I'd rather, if it were possible take the next step as a Yeleni." she explains. "And I, alone, have no way of accomplishing that, as I do not have any life essence to add to this hollow form."

Dhar's spindly frame bends, looming over you to get a better look. "Do not .. fool Me," He raspily intones. "You could seek it out on your own, and pursue your own path however which way you desired, without My or My Sibling's direct intervention."

His voice temporarily distorting, Dhar, the Underking asks, "Your offer remains as 'your services', nonetheless.. is this all you are prepared to offer Me?"

You have emoted: Teani clenches her jaws together, locking her hands behind her back for support. With Dhar looming over her, the state she is in suddenly making her feel frail. "I didn't know I could become a Yeleni without Life essence, my Lord, but nonetheless, I would rather earn it in some way." She turns her gaze to the ground and continues, "As for what to offer, what would You have of me, aside from the wish to follow Your path and offering what I hunt to You?"

The blackened depths of Dhar's hood is now occupied by a wide and twisted mouth, lips moving out of sync with His every word to reveal feral teeth: "Though I am oft misinterpreted by the masses to value a lack of speech above all else, I would test your patience and ability to adapt."

Dhar, the Underking says, "If you are able to last a month or more without speaking, I will grant your desire."

Dhar, the Underking says, "At the end of your term, when you feel in your heart that you have honored My wish, pray to Me, and I will seek you out thereafter."

You have emoted: Looking up at Dhar, clearly fascinated by the out-of-sync movement of the lips, Teani lets go of the grip on her hands, allowing her arms to fall to her sides. Rather than responding, she nods her head at Him, offering Him a small smile.

North of Trees.

You have emoted: Teani takes a deep, shaky breath, then lets it out slowly. 

---------------------------------------------------------------
Meeting Arbre without speaking
---------------------------------------------------------------

Arbre tells you, "Evidently you have impressed Angwe."

<< Locating Arbre and running over there.>>

Arbre looks startled for a moment at your entrance, shaking her head roughly to dismiss it.

You have emoted: Teani enters and inclines her head at Arbre. With a slight apologetic smile, she gestures to her throat, then draws a cross over her lips.

Wild eyes distant in concentration, Arbre contorts and shrinks, fur falling away as she becomes Azudim once more.

Arbre cocks her head to the side. Holding up one finger, she says, "you cannot talk," then holds up two fingers, "or you are not allowed to talk?"

You have emoted: Teani holds up two fingers and nods her head.

"By who?" Arbre questions, then laughs at herself. Holding up one, two, and three fingers accordingly, she questions, "guild, city, or God?"

You have emoted: Adding another finger, Teani tilts her head to the side, giving Arbre a quizzical look.

Arbre furrows her brows. "I am uncertain who a forth option would be," she says, then rolls her shoulders in a shrug, "well, whatever. I suppose it does not matter. I will simply talk and you can figure out how to communicate." Crossing her arms over her stomach comfortably, she shifts her weight to one hip. "I was going to tell you that Angwe specifically asked me to induct you into my pack," she says, "told me you were loyal and some other polite things."

You have emoted: Teani shakes her head, and points to her three fingers, two of which were raised on the first question, the third at the second. She then folds her hands in front of her, listening to Arbre. A flash of comprehension enters her eyes. After some hesitation, she shakes her head. She points up at the sky, following the trajectory of the sun as to indicate time.

Arbre narrows her eyes, staring at you as if trying to work out a puzzle. "A God told you not to speak," she says slowly, "and you can speak again when the sun sets.. or perhaps your time as wolf has set."

You have emoted: Teani shakes her head. Carefully counting out the number twentyfive with her fingers, she then makes a cutting motion. After this, she once more mimicks speaking, first pointing at herself, then at Arbre. She cocks her head to the side, watching Arbre carefully to see if she understands.

"Twenty-five... what?" Arbre says, looking like she -almost- understands. Almost. She looks up at the sun in the sky, then holds out fingers again. "Minutes? Days? Months?"

You have emoted: Teani holds up two fingers.

"In twenty-five days you will come talk to me," Arbre says with a nod, "truthfully, this is probably more entertaining." She gives you a wide, toothy grin.

You have emoted: Teani lets out a small snort, but grins in return.

"Did you leave Spinesreach?" Arbre questions, cocking her head to the side, "I mean, I suppose you can leave if you tire of this."

You have emoted: Taking a deep breath, Teani nods her head at the question. Holding up her hand with the palm up, she mimics walking, the raises a finger to her lips and crouching down a little, as if to indicate secrecy.

Arbre nods to you. "Do you know where you will go from there?" she says, "I mean, if you snuck out of there, and obviously cannot join Bloodloch, then your opinions are limited, mm?"

You have emoted: Teani points towards the south and rolls her eyes. Once more she makes a mock attempt at looking sneaky, then shakes her head forcefully. With one hand at her side, she takes on a lecturing pose and wags her finger at Arbre. After this she relaxes, shrugs her shoulders and shakes her head. She looks at her to see if her audience has caught most of what she's trying to 
indicate. Then she makes another 'shh'-motion, with her finger to her lips.

"Are you what sparked the argument about the Syssin?" Arbre questions, "are you... -in- the Syssin?"

You have emoted: Teani shakes her head waving a hand in the negative. She points north, then at herself and starts strolling confidently south, waving over her shoulder.

Arbre just starts laughing. "Oh my, whatever God gave you this task or punishment, I hope it was worth it," she says, clearing her throat to calm herself.

Exayne swiftly gallops in from the east.

Exayne runs up to you and envelops you in a massive bearhug.

Exayne gives Arbre a respectful salute.

You have emoted: Teani snickers and nods her head. She points at herself, her bony body, running fingers through her strange hair and sighs. As Exayne suddenly bursts in, she lets out a gasp of air from the sudden hug and stumbles backwards after Exayne releases her.

Exayne smiles wryly.

It is now the 19th of Lleian, year 385 of the Midnight Age.

Disciple Exayne, Speaker of the Green Word says, "And with that, enjoy your evening."

Exayne leaves to the east, riding a spindly giant spider.

"Ascension," Arbre says, eyeing Exayne as he leaves, "which God?"

You have emoted: With two fingers, Teani draws an hourglass in front of her, smiling.

"Of course," Arbre says, nodding, "silence. I understand. Are you still wolf?"

You nod your head at Arbre.

Arbre Aquila dur Naya says, "Syssin?"

You shake your head.

"And Enorian rejected you," Arbre says, "did you join a new guild?"

You have emoted: Teani nods her head, but then makes the 'silence' gesture once more.

Arbre licks her lips, looking you over again for a long moment. "Would you like to join the Duiran Council?" she asks, "this is making the grand assumption that you are in an appropriate guild."

You have emoted: Teani chuckles softly. She holds up a hand, swaying it back and forth, wrinkling her nose, and frowning. Then she points at the sky again, to indicate time.

"Yeahhh, I did not get that one at all," Arbre says, "I suppose we will have to wait the twenty-five then."

You have emoted: Teani gives Arbre a grin and nods her head.

Arbre Aquila dur Naya says, "Is there anything -I- can do for you between here and there?"

Mumbling, Arbre Aquila dur Naya says, "Quit asking questions that tempt you to speak."

You have emoted: Teani ponders for a moment, then shakes her head.

Your eyes sparkle with amusement as you gaze upon Arbre.

"Alright," Arbre says with a grin, "track me down again when you have ascended, mm?"

You have emoted: Smiling, Teani nods her head, then inclines it politely before taking her leave.

PiperArbreAngweDharPerilunaSeirLiancaHavenMeskhenetEdhainCiarelleHaydynEzalorEmelleAchamia

Comments

• PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    I love this. I want to see more with this, I really do!
    Haydyn
  • Me too

imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • Oh boy. I didn't know about this until -after- Xavin went to check on Teani. Pretty amusing.

• SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    Dhar is awesome. He needs to get out more so he can get some Duiranites back in his order and so he can get back on the Divine Consulate. Honestly, I wish consulate was independent of population. Dhar should have a place in Duiran since he's part of the Triumvirate.
  • He's close to having the numbers, from what I understand. For a while I was trying to push those members of Duiran who I know are members of Dhar's order to try and convert others.

• Teani, I love you and all of your silenceness. Proud of you!!
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    One month after the first meeting with Dhar ended.

You have emoted: Teani sinks down in front of the shrine, bowing her head in a voiceless prayer to Dhar. Reaching out, her finger traces the scythe and she takes a deep breath, holding it in, then letting it out in a long sigh.

You are transported by the power of the Divine.   << Only about 6 minutes later. :D
    Before the throne of the Underking.
    The intricately detailed throne of the Underking sits here regally. Tobias stands here, his relatively small and youthful frame clad in dark robes. The air feels lifeless and dead in the presence of Dhar, the Underking.

You have emoted: Teani looks up at Dhar, but remains in a prone position. Inclining her head a little, she raises an eyebrow at Him, adding a hint of a smile on her lips.

"You have been vigilant in your task, mortal," Dhar notes eventually from His seat upon His throne.

Ponderously slow, the towering frame of Dhar rises from His throne, His hood cast downward to regard you with His attention. "It is the form.. of a Yeleni you seek, then?"

You have emoted: Bowing her head, Teani accepts the compliment as gracefully as she can. She looks up at Dhar again and holds up a hand to her throat. At His question, she nods her head.

He is an Immortal with an imposingly towering form, His spindly frame clad in aged, tattered armor, its dark grey metal ruddy and tarnished. A thick hood is drawn over His head, His hands and feet appearing vaguely humanoid in form, despite being made up of a very wispy, dark ethereal matter. No face or form can be discerned when attempting to gaze past His armor, though frequently one could observe what would appear to be their own contorted features peering out from behind the impenetrable blackness of His eerie visage. He is wearing:
    a heavy necklace of Anaxagorite links
    the Armor of the Underking

His own voice laced with the numerous echoes of unidentifiable others, Dhar, the Underking says, "Very well, then. When you next speak, it shall be as a Yeleni. You must know, that you shall forever bear My ire should your Path lead you to Desperation."

You have emoted: Teani fixes her gaze on Dhar's face, her expression one of seriousness. She nods her head, her hand still at the throat. With another twitch of an eyebrow, she looks a bit uncertain, then pulls her fingers up to her mouth, pulling them away from it while giving Him a quizzical look.

With a somewhat raspy voice, you say to Dhar, "My Lord, I am ever grateful for this. I promise I will not let You down. Will You let me serve?"

The massive Underking steps down to you, sluggishly lifting His wispy right hand and applying it gently to your forehead. A stinging pain surges through your body and forces a piercing scream from your throat as Dhar's hand glows white with radiant power, the essence of Life forcibly instilled into your mortal body by the God of Death. Your very soul itself seems to combat the change at first, causing an intense, grueling agony to flood your senses - a sensation so potent that it causes your every sense to numb, subduing you into a lengthy blackout where the final stages of transformation take place. When you wake, you find yourself no longer hollow Tekal, and instead a crumpled Yeleni sprawled on the floor before Dhar.

The incomprehensible chatter of ethereal beings overwhelms your senses momentarily before a piercing shriek echoes throughout the lands, originating from somewhere near Scidve as Teani ascends into the form of a Yeleni by the will of the Underking.

You have emoted: Teani gasps for air as she regains her senses. Looking up from her position on the floor, she notices Dhar looming over her. A weak cough escapes her lips and then she scrambles up to her knees.

She is an experienced Yeleni. Her skin is jet-black, but the outer layers have a translucent quality, giving the impression of her being covered in some form of liquid. Small cracks and spots create a random pattern all over her dark body, revealing some form of inner light shining out like stars on a night sky reflected on still water. Falling from the top of her head down to her waist are white waves of hair, light and airy, framing an oval-shaped face with a narrow nose and her long, muscular arms end with fingers tipped with black claws rather than nails, and the same can be seen at the tips of her toes.

You have emoted: "Thank You, my Lord. I am honored." Teani says, glancing up at Dhar. "Will You allow me to join Your congregation?"

As you look up into Dhar's hood, it is naught but yourself that you see in Him, your visage contorted and warped beyond the veil of His existence in death. He remains entirely silent as to your request.

"Go forth, Teani. Stray not from My Path," Dhar commands - His voice resounding from within your consciousness itself, as if you were speaking within the privacy of your own mind.

North of Trees.

AngweArbrePiperEdhainEzalorEmelle
  • All I was offered when asking to becom a Yeleni was a hex. :(

DharPiper
  • Woo! Congrats Teani!! 
  • Both Dhar and Teani are pretty awesome. Congrats on Yeleni, too.
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Makes me wish I hadn't rushed so much with my tekal2Yeleni transformation.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Patience and a true wish to not go through with it without that little extra something. I've wanted this kind of endgame transformation RP since I saw Brunneng go through with his tasks for Arion. It beats just making the change with a simple command.

Thanks @Dhar. It was awesome and I look forward to more interaction in the future!

• I couldn't go five minutes without speaking. Awesome effort happening here!