Short Questions

Comments

• @Tenshyo yeah, what @Draiman said. I'm wanting a bit more visual representation as far as their appearance goes, as I'm doing a bit of studying into them.
    The rushing sound of waves breaking upon a shore fills your mind as Slyphe imparts to you, "Meltas is a bit..special sometimes..."
  • edited October 2016
    Xandren said:

when can we expect the website to be updated to include the Arqeshi, the Nazetu, the Ogres, and the Orcs?

edit: and for whoever has seen @Tenshyo's description, can they explain how slapping jello removes bubbles? 'cause I can't find any resources on that online for some reason..

@Xandren - The website updates are out of my hands, so I can't speak to those. I'm very sorry. I will, however, do my best to give a reasonable overview:

http://imgur.com/a/KCcjo#0 This is an almost-comprehensive assortment of race sketches that come with the stamp of approval. Orcs, Ogres, and Arqeshi aren't on this, but Nazetu are - since Arqeshi look quite similar, you can probably extrapolate from there.

https://www.aetolia.com/gallery Images of each of the four races can also be found at the top of this page.

Arqeshi and Nazetu are, for all intents and purposes, the same race divided into distinct groupings. Arqeshi reject Corruption, Nazetu embrace it. This has a bunch of cultural implications, and they'd be distinct in their forms of ornamentation and styles of dress, even if they understand each others' languages.

Orcs tend to be smaller and more agile than Ogres, about human-sized, with green skin. Their eyes can vary in color.

Ogres are big and bulky, with stone-grey skin and dark, beady eyes.

Bear in mind that both Orcs and Ogres are related to Trolls. They're all solid, musclebound, undainty humanoids that were designed by Chakrasul for the purpose of wreaking havoc. What they do nowadays is up to them.

More detail on all four of these races can be found in their respective helpfiles, in-game - these include information on how they look, physically, as well as a basic overview of history and lore. HELP ARQESHI, HELP NAZETU, HELP OGRE, HELP ORC.
    SaturnineXandren
  • @Ignotum

that is very helpful, though I was looking into colouring as well. That's more my issue coming up with a physical appearance than the appearances, heh.
    The rushing sound of waves breaking upon a shore fills your mind as Slyphe imparts to you, "Meltas is a bit..special sometimes..."
  • AnteheAntehe Immortal
    Orcs, Ogres, and Trolls trend earthy palettes (greys, muted greens, muted oranges or browns), which also vary by region. Those from Dun Valley trend greens which would blend well with shadows in the jungle, while Trolls who live in craggy areas trend greys and browns due to the rocky environment.

Nazetu and Arqeshi default to a dark, lime-rind green. They can have variations with tints of brown, grey, or blue, and some lighter and some darker. They have very dark hair, typically black, the styling and maintenance of which is a centerpoint in the culture, being their primary vanity.
    XandrenGogrut
  • ah, alrighty, so something tinted a lighter color for an Arqeshi would be uncommon? Even one who lives further north and away from tropical regions? (This is me thinking in terms of melanin, which is why skin colors are different.)
  • AnteheAntehe Immortal
    edited October 2016
    I suppose that would depend upon 'how light' you are thinking in the spectrum. As of right now, the Arqeshi population hails from Enorian or Esterport, the rest are willful converts from the Nazetu populations in either Ollin, Huanazedha, or Tiyen, etc, none of which call for such an evolutionary shift at this point in time.

As a bit of an addendum: The natural-born Arqeshi are still children at this point in time. All adults are converts, either willfully from the previously mentioned places, or with the mass purification of those who survived the Baelak Shipbreaker invasion. The Arqeshi came into being in 452 MA, the first born being Freydha's child. As the oldest, he is now 8, being the year 460 MA.
    XandrenEmelleKelliara
  • NiaNia Trashy
    edited October 2016
    New question:

Exactly how short are Imps supposed to be? I picture them as Hobbit-sized, but am unsure.

EDIT: I had another question, but I'm editing it out as it's been answered via message. Thanks!
  • AnteheAntehe Immortal
    Probably around three feet. Dwarves four to five feet, Mhun about five feet, Humans, Tsol'aa, Kelki, etc, within a range of five to six feet, etc.
    Nia
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Excuse me but I feel like dwarves must be shorter than 4'9".
    XeniaErzsebetValdus
  • I know the admin/volunteers have a -lot- on their plates, but how long should we be waiting before we reach out to remind them that orgreqs are a thing? Been trying to be patient, 'cause they've got lots of things to do, and one non-vital thing for an org is generally pretty low on the list of priorities compared to the entire game, but it's kind've been sitting since January, so...dunno.

Also kind've wondering who I'm supposed to reach out to for stuff like this. I sent @Razmael a message when Dristin first stepped down asking and never heard back.
    imageimage
  • Emelle said:

Why can't one hand things to another person while prone?

At a guess, I'd say it has to do with pvp mechanics.
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
    Teani
  • Since hunting with a mace based off of my Spirituality is not all that great, would it be more viable to hunt/bash with a different weapon that does more damage, and just dump the skills required to master a new melee weapon, or is using a mace modified by my ranks in Spirituality already afford the highest damage Lycurgus can achieve while hunting? I'm thinking about dumping the mace for hunting, and mastering a more prominent weapon, but I want to be sure it's a better path to take before I burn through lessons to learn a new weapon.
  • MazarineMazarine the best maze ever
    Mace doesn't matter. The weapon choice you have for Luminary doesn't matter for PvE. It's based off your Spirituality rank(or whatever skill smite is in) and your strength.
  • Lycurgus said:

Since hunting with a mace based off of my Spirituality is not all that great, would it be more viable to hunt/bash with a different weapon that does more damage, and just dump the skills required to master a new melee weapon, or is using a mace modified by my ranks in Spirituality already afford the highest damage Lycurgus can achieve while hunting? I'm thinking about dumping the mace for hunting, and mastering a more prominent weapon, but I want to be sure it's a better path to take before I burn through lessons to learn a new weapon.

SMITE needs a mace.
    Luminary are horribly limited in that regard.

They really need some PvE loving :/

Lycurgus
  • Is there any chance you guys are going to make the auction house work with bound credits, now that there is no IC way to get unbound credits in-game?
    imageimage
    Tenshyo
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    @Erzsebet SHOWIDEA 341

• VolkaVolka Lurking behind the beakers....
    So i gotta know, why do the crafting boon artifacts fall out of your inventory on logout? I'm told this is intention, but we couldn't figure out why. If it's your artifact, shouldn't it stay in your inventory?
  • AnteheAntehe Immortal
    Things like the carving knife or crafting gnome should not be falling out of your inventory upon death or log out. If they are doing so, you should BUG it (with the item numbers).
    Volka
  • @Antehe Are pets supposed to fall out of your inv when you log off?
    imageimage
  • NiaNia Trashy
    As an Azudim/Idreth/Yeleni, are you able to reincarnate back into one of the more normal races? I know your description will anyway show up with your heritage, but I'm close to end-game and think I'll miss just being a normal Imp.

If so, do you still have access to your Haven etc.?
  • Not sure I've ever seen anyone try to reincarnate backwards after hitting endgame, so no idea on that, but there's an iron coin artifact (think tokens in MKO) called Gem of Disguise that lets you set yourself to show as any race you want.
    EmelleNia
  • edited October 2016
    Edit: Nevermind the post that was here before I erased the proof I can be wrong, apparently Adaption can only switch statpacks, not races.
  • If you use said gem of disguise you do still have haven access. I don't think anything, including -losing- level 99 loses you access to the haven. You don't un-tekal if you lose it, and being tekal (or azu/yel/idr) is what gives you access.
    imageimage
  • When can we expect to know what these prize and raffle tickets are for?
  • AnteheAntehe Immortal
    I'm just going to hazard a guess...but I *think* - now don't quote me - but I *think* they're for a raffle and prizes.
    NiaSaturnineFezzixXandrenVolka
    Am I missing something with the fishing advancement 2 task? Since I got it I haven't been able to fish alaqsii inlet due to my 'fishing level not being high enough', regardless of the time I go there. Is it just really slow to repop fish, or am I somehow broken?
  • @Volka

It's a slow to repop area that's probably one of the most fished areas in the game. Icefishing has maybe 4 areas to fish in, and that's it. Even the Tidal fishing spots have more than it, but the Ice fishing spots also produce some of the best weight-to-difficulty ratios as far as gold-making goes. So typically the problem is less one of "I'm not high enough skill" and more "there's too many jerkfaces coming in and fishing this place out before I can get there to do the quest."
    XeniaVolka
    well that makes me feel better. I was really confused as to how I was supposed to do the quest if I am still too small. I'll camp out there more often! Thanks!
  • NiaNia Trashy
    When will the raffle be closing? I couldn't find any information about this in either the announce post or using any of the lottery commands, though I may be missing something.