Short Questions

Comments

• DzekkDzekk A training courtyard surrounded by arches
    The timer did stop, it's the same as everything else, it's just doing nothing. No change to my base damage whatsoever.
    (The Front Line): Aishia says, "U better check yourself before u Dzekk urself."
  • Did the stars change your damage stat (Strength, Intelligence, Dexterity) down, or were they up previously?
  • Are we allowed to name haven rooms the same names as rooms from cities and the sort? For example, naming a haven room something like "Temple of the Gods", like the room in Enorian. I ask because it used to be you couldn't, but there's haven tags now, and I don't see the warning about it in HELP HAVENS anymore.
    @Missari It's not the stars, they wouldn't nearly halve my damage output (I don't think, anyway).

I'm going to go ahead and move on from that question though, and ask how long it usually takes for a bug report to be responded to.
  • @Aisling I believe the reason the haven tag WAS added was just because people were doing it anyways, and it seems pretty inevitable that you might name SOME room or other the same if it's just "a bedroom" or something so it's probably nbd. If you REALLY wanted it you could just make the room not show up on WHO too and then it wouldn't matter either way.
    Alright, I don't know where else to put this, but here goes:

Spoiler'd for pasta

My Strength right now:

+ Knight Aspirant Dzekk ------------------------------------------------------+
    | Strength : 20(+5) Dexterity : 14(+2) Timeout : 0 minutes |
    | Intelligence : 16(+4) Constitution : 17(+4) Statpack : Powerful |
    +-------------------------------------------------------------------------+

My weapon right now:

It is a two-handed weapon and can be used to parry.
    Damage: 189 Penetration: 99 Speed: 82 Type: Cutting
    A Delosian bastard sword has the following venoms or magical effects on it:
    Rune of Empowerment

My damage right now:

You assault a misty apparition, skewering him with a Delosian bastard sword.
    Damage done: 625, cutting, brute - Mob Health: 8075/8700 (92.82%)
    With a fluid motion, you switch your grip on a Delosian bastard sword and bring it swinging around
    once more.
    You charge forward, hacking a misty apparition asunder with a Delosian bastard sword.
    Damage done: 625, cutting, brute - Mob Health: 7450/8700 (85.63%)

What is going on here? It's like I got my damage boosted from the chocolate, logged out, logged back in the next day with the boost still "active", but doing normal damage instead, and now that it's worn off, it seems like in an effort to scale my "increased damage" back to "normal", it reduced my normal to miniscule.

I know for a fact I was doing more damage than this prior to eating the chocolates.
  • MazarineMazarine the best maze ever
    Did you switch weapons? Do you have mastery/proficiency of that weapon? Because that will be a big change. 
    Same weapon as before, same mastery as before:

You are currently a master of the bastard.
    Your talents are focused in whirling.

You are proficient in the following weapon classes:
    Longsword (natural).
    Shortsword.

Your Templar training has granted you proficiency in the following weapon:
    Bastard.

Nothing has changed between then and now. I'm so confused. D:
  • Would it ever be possible to see the fireworks mechanic gain an expansion of characters beyond only supporting '#' ?

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    @Razmael - When are we getting the IRE Messenger app on iOS? :(
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • RhoynnRhoynn Hartford
    As a Zealot, would I be able to classchange to Luminary

A. For free?
    B. Would I have to relearn Illumination if I already have it transed as a Zealot?
    C. How would I go about it, Mechanically?
  • DrestynDrestyn Bloodloch
    A. No
    B. Yes
    C. Find a Lumi, ask them to apprentice your ass, get Lumi.

You don't have to quit Zealot unless you don't have enough class slots. Unless you're quitting Zealot for the lessons, then I suggest wait until you do.

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Could the minipet cages one gets from the Wheel please be marked so they can be traded in?

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Anyone remember where the official Aetolian timeline is located? I might be misremembering but I vaguely recall there being one somewhere.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • Haven said:

Anyone remember where the official Aetolian timeline is located? I might be misremembering but I vaguely recall there being one somewhere.

This what you mean?
    http://wiki.aetolia.com/Timeline_of_Aetolia

Haven
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Xenia said:

Haven said:

This what you mean?
    http://wiki.aetolia.com/Timeline_of_Aetolia
    Thaaankkkk you. Totally forgot there was a wiki for the game.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Has Andrenus's quest in Mor ever actually given anything? I just figured out how to complete it and there was literally no reward whatsoever.
  • Completing the quest was its own reward.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

Razmael
  • When it comes to make tables in mudlet, does it HAVE to be:

table = {
    "x",
    "y",
    "z",
    },

or can it be:

table = {
    "x", "y", "z",
    },

Or does it not really matter??
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

Either, from my experience with Lua. http://lua-users.org/wiki/TablesTutorial should help some there. I, personally, would keep to the first option just for tidiness.

Zsadist
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    Either version work. The first is most definitely 'cleaner', but the second can be infinitely useful in tables with 50+ values inside of it.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

Zsadist
  • how do the Arqeshi fit in within Spinesreach? Culturally and in regards to the citizenry? Just mildly curious.
    The rushing sound of waves breaking upon a shore fills your mind as Slyphe imparts to you, "Meltas is a bit..special sometimes..."
    Uh, well? Qephah's Arqeshi.

• Xandren said:

how do the Arqeshi fit in within Spinesreach? Culturally and in regards to the citizenry? Just mildly curious.

Sounds like the perfect question to approach a Spirean IG with.
    Teani
  • NiaNia Trashy
    Does anyone have a list of what the different flairs look like?
  • Does training in Weaponry help stack anymore damage into my mace in unision with any damage increase I get from my ranks in Spirituality? I am trying to focus on how to milk, and micromanage a damage increase out of wherever I can in the Skill Tree.
  • Lycurgus said:

Does training in Weaponry help stack anymore damage into my mace in unision with any damage increase I get from my ranks in Spirituality? I am trying to focus on how to milk, and micromanage a damage increase out of wherever I can in the Skill Tree.

It does not. Sadly Luminary bashing is god awful

Basically with Luminary you buy a cheap ass mace - Why you ask? Because once you BIND the mace, it's stats change to something really is just atrocious. So buy a mace for looks and press on.

However, SMITE scales off STR
    I believe LIGHTNING scales off INT.

However, you'll find now Luminaries almost always opt for Smite and STR - as a good route of their PK things also call for STR

Don't quote me necessarily on Luminary however, haven't been one for a WHILE.

• edited October 2016
    when can we expect the website to be updated to include the Arqeshi, the Nazetu, the Ogres, and the Orcs?

edit: and for whoever has seen @Tenshyo's description, can they explain how slapping jello removes bubbles? 'cause I can't find any resources on that online for some reason..
    The rushing sound of waves breaking upon a shore fills your mind as Slyphe imparts to you, "Meltas is a bit..special sometimes..."
  • Xandren said:

when can we expect the website to be updated to include the Arqeshi, the Nazetu, the Ogres, and the Orcs?

You mean when creating a character from the website client?

This should already have been done when they announced the races earlier in the year.
    I have seen several novices Nazetu and Ogres. An Orc or two too

• Tenshyo said:

Xandren said:

You mean when creating a character from the website client?

This should already have been done when they announced the races earlier in the year.
    I have seen several novices Nazetu and Ogres. An Orc or two too
    There's a playable races section on the actual website. The races Xandren listed are not there.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.