MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Zsadist said:

This is a game rage and its COMPLETELY acceptable!!!

You sense that you have reached the peak of your current power. You cannot advance further through normal means alone.
    Azudim Lord of the 99th Circle (199) | 99.99% (433,953,077/433,953,078)

ARE YOU unicorns SERIOUS?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!??!!?!?!?!?
    WTF!?!?!?!?!?!
    I'VE BEEN AT THIS FOR MONTHS AND I CAN'T unicorns DO IT!!!!

The unicorns do I have to do? Have some god RP, because I'll totally do that unicorns for 1 unicorns xp point to get to 200.

ARGH!!!!

This is perfection.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    DraimanNia
  • Zsadist said:

This is a game rage and its COMPLETELY acceptable!!!

You sense that you have reached the peak of your current power. You cannot advance further through normal means alone.
    Azudim Lord of the 99th Circle (199) | 99.99% (433,953,077/433,953,078)

ARE YOU unicorns SERIOUS?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!??!!?!?!?!?
    WTF!?!?!?!?!?!
    I'VE BEEN AT THIS FOR MONTHS AND I CAN'T unicorns DO IT!!!!

The unicorns do I have to do? Have some god RP, because I'll totally do that unicorns for 1 unicorns xp point to get to 200.

ARGH!!!!

I can only imagine it went something like this:

Aaaaaaaand LEVEL TWO HUNDRE-

"And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    SynneZailaDraimanNiaLinLycurgusRhyot
  • They did this just to piss you off, Z. I knew it all along and you should've too. :(

• It is the rare occasion that I manage to read Tenshyo's post or the one following.

That jelly is the bane of this forum's existence also, the term 'jelly slap' is too funny not to say.

• So....

ANNOUNCE NEWS #1040
    Date: 12/21/2007 at 21:54
    To : Everyone
    Subj: Level Cap Removed

Aetolia no longer has a cap at level 100. You can technically progress
    through infinite levels now, although at some point the amount of xp
    needed is far more then players will be able to achieve in a single
    lifespan.

This is a lie, then?
    imageimage
    XandrenXenia
  • He used "technically"! He technically didn't expect anyone to actually bother.
    IllikaalEmelle
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    edited September 2016
    I'm pretty sure that was written when the highest exp places were Arbothia/Volcano. We didn't have all this crazy exp back then, with the elemental globes, Tiyen, etc. Under the circumstances that the statement was made, I'm sure that it was very true. In fact I remember @Tralendar doing the math of how much exp it would take and it was a really obscene amount....at the time.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    Atrapoema
  • Then don't forget chalices and the fact that the wheel has been shitting out mint chocolates and all the other boosts.
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    edited September 2016
    You could go higher than 200 during the beta to test the level cap being removed. Granted, was accomplished by the deity facilitating that holding their finger down on the level-up button and not by bashing, but was still clearly intended to be possible. That they didn't expect anyone to bother to go that far isn't terribly relevant when what they said is that they removed the level cap entirely, not upped it to 199.

Don't expect I'll ever run into this problem personally, but it's kind've BS to be told the cap is removed only to find out that it wasn't, really, just upped the ceiling past the point they thought people would bother with.

ETA: Even with just those areas available, it -has- been almost a decade since the level cap was "removed."
    imageimage
  • edited October 2016
    The level cap isn't necessarily 'removed', as it HAS to be a finite number so they just up the number.
    It very well may could be likely that with someone (such as @Zsadist) hitting 200 , they want to do something special for that player -- As hitting that kind of land mark is extremely impressive and takes months, years of dedication and time to do.

TeaniTedrunai
  • All I'm saying, is that if it was just upped, and not removed, is that they should not write news posts titled 'Level Cap Removed' and telling us that we can infinitely bash levels limited only by our lifespan. In 2007 when they did this, most folk who like to bash would've been happy with 'Level Cap Raised to 200' since it previously capped at 100. There was no need to lie to us about it.
    imageimage
  • Logged in to troll @Zsadist , he was afk so I tabbed away. Forgot I was logged in and so afk trolled my entire org group instead. \0/

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Ishin
  • @Toz so.... mission accomplished?

• YOU BASTARD I THOUGHT YOU CAME BACK I HATE YOU GOSH

Didi
  • In case our older players have forgotten, any post written by Varian is inherently understood to be a lie/troll/placating statement.
    ApianoraDraimanIllikaalLin
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I think it was Galleus that wrote it, and said that no one would EVER make 125.
  • DzekkDzekk A training courtyard surrounded by arches
    Constant shift changes.

Nights, nights, nights, nights, DAYS, DAYS, nights, bah juststaaaaaahhppp
    (The Front Line): Aishia says, "U better check yourself before u Dzekk urself."
    Zaila
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I've been there, @Dzekk, and I know what you mean. You get used to it, but it only works for a while. Worst I've gone through was driving a cab with at least 10-hour shifts all the time. Had a string that looked like this, starting a Friday: night, night, evening, day, night, off, night, evening, day, day, night, night, off, day.

I thought I'd strangle my boss when he showed that to me, claiming it was perfectly legit because I got the proper hours of resting every 24 hours (required by law to have 11 hours, at least 8 consecutive). He juggled it with extended lunches, thinking that would make it alright.

• DzekkDzekk A training courtyard surrounded by arches
    Ugh. Gross.
    (The Front Line): Aishia says, "U better check yourself before u Dzekk urself."
    Teani
  • So I got this wicked awesome new cello... but my only bow snapped because I had dropped it and stepped on it at the same fucking time. HOW THE FUCK. :/ At least I can play in game?

XeniaDidiIshin
  • I JUST figured out why the jelly is getting slapped with a spoon. There's a bubble on the face.
    I mean, you know, an amount.

NiaTenshyo
  • When a shipment tracker doesn't update for almost 36 hours

Volka
  • VolkaVolka Lurking behind the beakers....
    My supposedly best friend told my husband today that if we made more money, he would be more comfortable coming over to our house.

I didn't say anthing. I didn't respond at all. I slept on it, and it's been a little under 24 hrs.

I'm still unadulteratedly livid.

I wasn't aware that I had to have money to be worthy of friendship.
    EmelleDzekkXandrenRhoynnZsadistZailaIshinIrae
  • DrestynDrestyn Bloodloch
    Only thing to do now is to punch them directly in the chin. Always helps me.

KerocZsadistIshinIraePeriluna
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    I think my drawing tablet just died as it's not being recognized on my laptop's USB ports anymore after restarting and uninstalling/reinstalling the drivers multiple times. And this is barely two weeks after I got a replacement pen after losing the other one. Whyyyyy?! D:
  • That's when you respond with, "Oh, I'm sorry. Maybe if you weren't such a dick, I'd be comfortable being your friend."
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

ZailaTenshyoIshinIraePeriluna
  • it should be illegal for anyone to have any walls or edges that prevent a driver from seeing around their corner. Same goes for nonstandard mailboxes.

Thanks fucking asshole, for giving me a blind spot and causing me to have a car-wreck..
    The rushing sound of waves breaking upon a shore fills your mind as Slyphe imparts to you, "Meltas is a bit..special sometimes..."
    DidiZailaPeriluna
  • DrestynDrestyn Bloodloch
    So, for about 3 hours I had to use a proxy to use the forums and couldn't get in on any IRE game. :( Thought I was banned or something for no reason.