Artifact ideas

AlistaireAlistaire Las Vegas, Nevada
I liked this thread, sometimes people had really cool ideas. Lets do it again!

Comments

• AlistaireAlistaire Las Vegas, Nevada
    Actually, I'll kick it off with reposting the last one I suggested.

Artifact rune of customization. Allows you to customize weapons/armour into things that can't be made by mundane forging, ala living Ivolnite stone fullplate.
  • I've been thinking an artifact that allows you to store up to 10(?) designs of a trade you do not own, probably stackable, for around 20(?) credits. If they weren't stackable, upping it to 25 designs for 50 credits wouldn't be too bad of a deal. This would be ideal for people who run a shop and use certain things they can't make, or don't want/need a whole trade just to make a few items.

And this could be one of those teaser sort of artifacts whereby when you have the basic designs for a few things, and then start to get ideas of other things you might want, which ends up with people buying more credits for trade skills and such.
  • edited December 2012

I am all for the customise weapons.

I would also love to see a soul amulet that stores souls for later use:

Amount 2000souls/3000souls/5000souls  Very fake cost: 200cr/300cr/400cr

This would rock as you could drain it into your normal soul gem in an emergancy once every 3 hours or so.

Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
  • Tights of the Flamer- Wearing these will make you so fabulous that, whenever you twirl and pose in place, accompanying sparkles will set fire to your location.

Cooome oooon they would be so cooool!
    RaecheAlexinaLinKiyotanYuuki
    Where....where is my "wtf" face?

:|

That'll do, pig. That'll do.
  • DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    Too much grief.
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
    Kiyotan
  • edited December 2012
    Mastema said:

I am all for the customise weapons.

I would also love to see a soul amulet that stores souls for later use:

Amount 2000souls/3000souls/5000souls  Very fake cost: 200cr/300cr/400cr

This would rock as you could drain it into your normal soul gem in an emergancy once every 3 hours or so.

We already have the deathlore arti that halves soul costs? Should be sufficient for most of your needs, at least in the current implementation of the skillset where the active high-cost deathlore abilities are almost never used.
    Illidan said:
     if you ever see me killing someone (newbies especially) it's because I've had good reason to do so
    Kiyotan
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    An enchanting-equivalent to casks!
    OrisaeEdhain
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Artifact bandages!
    OrisaeYuuki
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    I mentioned this on the other forums, but I think it bears repeating:

An artifact power that you can add to any container which allows you to use the items within as though they were in your inventory. So I could sip from vials within the container, or strum a lyre, or touch an aesthesis earring, or activate an orb. This would not apply to items that grant passive bonuses, like lunar medallions or ylem mist goggles. 
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    OrisaeRaecheErzsebet
  • Something I was thinking about was a rune for a weapon that would add elemental resistance. One of the extra boons out of artifact shields (besides the extra cutting/blunt they provide) is the choice of magic resistance. Classes that must wield two weapons or one two-handed weapon already lose out on this bonus. But when it comes to artifact shields, the magic resistance is an extra bonus provided to shield wielders that those without shields lose out on.

The rune would only work as long as an artifact shield is not also being wielded, so you can't have both the extra resistance from a weapon rune and artifact shield.

Also it'd be nice if runes were detachable from your weapons. There are classes that require multiple weapons to be used, as well as the problem that multiclassing brings about. If I have a rune on one weapon, and want to use another for my class, or change to a different class that uses a different weapon, I have to destroy the weapon with the rune. It's nearing the original issue artifact weapons had, where using multiple weapons made it a pain to even consider buying artifact weapons.

Whatever set of runes you get should be able to go from weapon to weapon. Obviously, things like extra blunt damage won't have any affect when put on a cutting weapon. Or the rune of asp won't apply any venoms on a blunt weapon. But for body part damage or +stats, it'd make rune buying much more attractive for those with multiple weapons used or multiclassing.
    SaybreLuna
    I really want a devotion / essence artifact similar to the emberite prayer beads that were recently released.

Devotion regeneration is much, much more problematic than spark ever was, honestly. And before someone says 'spiritbulbs - have you ever tried to fill a decent supply of spiritbulbs? I can do maybe eight before I'm out of devotion.
  • There -is- an artifact that makes devotion/essence abilities cost less.

Xavin said:
    There -is- an artifact that makes devotion/essence abilities cost less.
    Halving it isn't the same as giving it decent regeneration. I managed eight spiritbulbs with full devotion. Sixteen isn't really a difference worth five hundred credits.

I will admit, devotion use isn't really on par with spark use, but if you're actively using your devotion, it just plain doesn't come back fast enough. I'd like to run it past liaisons too, but I figured since the artifacts for Illumination does exactly what I'd like, except, for a fuel source that's way easier to regenerate, that I'd put the idea out there.
  • Portable humgii/tlingor.
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    I actually have a report in for next liaison round to address that a bit, Daingean. Luminaries are the only class in the game that all three skillsets are 'fueled' by a special power, and Devotion has no way to regenerating naturally. I asked for a skill akin to Necromancy's 'consume heart' as a way to get some devo back. Nothing sucks than running out after a few hours of constant fighting and having no way to get it back. 

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

HavenLycurgus
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    They used to give out a portable humgii during the iron coin sale.

• Add a telepathy artifact that hides the message when you break a mind lock from people (either by dissolving or moving out of the area). With the new 'spying' artifacts (helm of telepathy, the spyglass, etc), I think this would be a neat addition.
    • Change the syntax for getting artifact tattoos with tokens to 'redeem token for xxx tattoo'. This is after a player paid bound credits for a permanent tattoo after buying a token from another person (you can't use other peoples' tokens for tattoos anymore)
    • Add a 'help wheel of fortune' that is similar to 'help cryptic chests'. I was considering buying the skull tokens artifacts bundles, but I really have no idea what I can win.
    • Add an 'uncritable' addon to house mobs.
    • Add a permanent vigour (health regain when critting) artifact.

Calipso
    Raeche said:
    Portable humgii/tlingor.
    This is possible via arti pets. Well, at least Elorin has one.
  • Alexina said:
    They used to give out a portable humgii during the iron coin sale.

• Add a telepathy artifact that hides the message when you break a mind lock from people (either by dissolving or moving out of the area). With the new 'spying' artifacts (helm of telepathy, the spyglass, etc), I think this would be a neat addition.
    • Change the syntax for getting artifact tattoos with tokens to 'redeem token for xxx tattoo'. This is after a player paid bound credits for a permanent tattoo after buying a token from another person (you can't use other peoples' tokens for tattoos anymore)
    • Add a 'help wheel of fortune' that is similar to 'help cryptic chests'. I was considering buying the skull tokens artifacts bundles, but I really have no idea what I can win.
    • Add an 'uncritable' addon to house mobs.
    • Add a permanent vigour (health regain when critting) artifact.

Daingean said:
    Raeche said:
    Portable humgii/tlingor.
    This is possible via arti pets. Well, at least Elorin has one.
    Yeah, I figured it would be one of those things you can do with pets. Or for that matter, I wonder if you can have pets deliver your mail like a homing pigeon.

But that said, all I need is a portable dustbin. Would pay 50ic/cr for it since it's functionality seems more akin to the 'homing pigeon' type.

Definitely would not fork out 500 cr just for it. Not like I need it to romp around chomping my trash. :p
    Shaie
    Can we get an artifact to nullify the fracture warning? Same cost, sure.

Just like the Light / Dark artifacts exist. Seriously, it's obnoxious knowing that I can't go in there without inviting the lolersquad that have nothing better to do.

It's not the same as the hunting grounds, and having it treated the same way is dumb.
    SaybreDaskalosKiyotanRaecheRivasOrisaeAngweXiuhcoatl
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Or change it, so that it gives the warning when you are -in- the Fracture.

OR make it so you can FRACTURE CHECK and you'd see how many people are there.

Or just have it not give the names of people who enter, just that someone has. 

In one swift, under-charged movement, the glyph artie became irrelevant for lower-mid-tier folk. 
    AmaraKiyotanRivasAngweTeani
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.

Ugh. Fracture alert. Ugh.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

KiyotanAngwe
  • I...just want a flower-pot that has different flowers. As like. A standard option, not a customized one. Exactly like the current one, just a different selection of flowers. ^.^
    imageimage
    Can we have a version of the furniture polish artifact (makes funiture permanent) that makes clothing permanent? Divine thread or something?
    ArbreAldricKonnornPeriluna
  • KerrynKerryn The Black Flagon Inn
    A Keepsake box that works similar to a keyring for magically preserved letters. I'd love a way to keep preserved letters all together without accidently losing one, handing the wrong one to people or feeding it to a humgii.

(In a keepsake box) a magically-preserved letter #12345 sent by Demarcus to Kerryn.
    (In a keepsake box) a magically-preserved letter #678910 sent by Demarcus to Kerryn.

LiancaXavinEsperPerilunaAoiEydis
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Alistaire said:
    Can we have a version of the furniture polish artifact (makes funiture permanent) that makes clothing permanent? Divine thread or something?
    You can just buy artifact powers for clothing to make it permanent. Check help artifact powers and look for wearable options.
    I know, but some people would rather stick all of their powers on one thing (for easy wearing/lending) rather than spreading them all out.
    ArbreHaydynKonnorn
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Loaning out my thong of the Celestine has always made things awkward.
    MacavityHaydynAoi
    Considering Neith's powers are actually on a loincloth, let me tell how you true that can be.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    TBH, it'd probably be cheaper to buy tailoring and just permanence the designs (you get 10 free ones) than it would be to buy artifact clothing.