Shower Thoughts

Comments

• MarienaMariena By a lake.
    Darker thoughts: I never used to get why medically assisted suicide was a thing. Suicide is bad, assisting with it has to be worse? But, watching my grandmother's decline into dementia has me reconsidering my thoughts on death, early death, and going out with all your mental capacities in check.

TeaniFyrrenKalinaar
  • Shower thoughts are the best thoughts!

Although... I tend to have full blown conversations with myself <_<

Or think out potential RP's that I actually never end up visiting.

Hypothetical arguments and what would have been better final words..

"Is that a spider on the ceiling?"
    "Should I sleep after this or eat THEN sleep?"
    "Did I eat today? Am I hungry?"
    "What would happen if the bathtub fell through the floor..? Would I die or come out alright?"

HavenTeaniLycurgus
  • I'm not good at this cause I usually take baths and I always watch netflix in the bath.
    Depends on if the bathtub stayed whole or shattered like ceramic I think, @Tenshyo. Definitely bruises, for sure.

• Sorry I couldn't read Tenshyo's comment because that jelly was getting slapped.

RhoynnTenshyoKynaDelyth
    That is the best gif ever. I don't know why the poor jelly is being slapped, but it jiggles so good

• edited September 2016
    And suddenly!

The thoughts of every showering Aetolia player across the world became filled with jiggling slapped jelly!
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
    XeniaNiaTenshyo
  • Oh I had a fun one yesterday...

"I wonder if I added milk to my Twisted Tea(for those unfamiliar its basically alcoholic tea)... does that make it alcoholic milk tea?"
  • Many old myths, stories, legends, and many fables and tales often speak of the purity of heart.

But because life is inherently "selfish"...what exactly constitutes as "purity of heart", and if "impure thoughts" can be considered as tainting what amounts to a "pure heart", then how could anyone ever have a pure heart? Repression is the only real method of that, and I suspect that if you're repressing impure thoughts in the first place, then your heart's already considered impure by that point.

"The love of a pure heart" alone is kind of impossible, as broken down, as even if you managed to keep a pure heart, love would be considered an impurity of its own, because love brings with it lust in its shadow, and if you remove that, then love itself is extremely selfish an emotion, as with monogamous "pure" relationships (using traditional wording here, don't get PC on me, or I get my pimp-whip out), as you both are inherently demanding that the other dooms their own personal family lineage to end with them.

So all disney movie endings are kind of stupid whenever "purity of heart" comes into play, because without the "impurity" of lust, Love is turned into a selfish, impure, dick move basically.
    The rushing sound of waves breaking upon a shore fills your mind as Slyphe imparts to you, "Meltas is a bit..special sometimes..."
    ZsadistDidi
  • edited October 2016
    we humans are pretty damn amazing, in fact, multi-cellular life in general is pretty damned amazing. We're not just one organism if you actually think about it. I mean, we consider ourselves one organism, but that's because we FUNCTION as one organism, when in all reality? One could make an argument that we are not much more than number of smaller multi-cellular organisms that function in symbiosis to create a mobile functioning organism, or better yet a giant colony of single-celled organisms that function like an ant colony, or a bee colony, with each individual "cell" being a worker, a queen, or some other function member of the colony to run. And cancer can be those ants (using ants as an example) who are infected with Cordyceps, trying to infect all the other ants in the colony, and other illnesses are ants and other insects from outside colonies trying to infect our colony and use it as a food source.

If you actually sit down and look at everything broken down enough, it's pretty damn amazing how it all works. And then you just keep on going, and then you lose track of what is what because at the atomic level, there's a blurring of the line of what is a human hand, and what is the air around it, or the wall it is pressed against, or the table it is sitting on.

no. I'm not stoned, just.. contemplative and slightly existential.

edit: And to continue with this thought, a lot of our ability as human beings HINGES on the ability for us to work in similar setups to ant colonies, with ever greater acheivements being made not by just a single human, who is itself a colony of single celled organisms that make up several colonies of multi-celled organ-type organisms, we also work in groups to form colonies of humans for things such as building, growing, or researching, which can be done by multiple colonies of humans, to form larger colonies, which can work with other larger colonies, until you eventually have countries working together to form planets, which can then work together to form solar systems. The colony format exists at just about every level I can imagine.
    The rushing sound of waves breaking upon a shore fills your mind as Slyphe imparts to you, "Meltas is a bit..special sometimes..."
    EmelleMariena
    edited October 2016
    I don't like the posts on imgur when they talk/joke about suicide like they would talk about eating an apple or choosing what socks to wear. It shouldn't be a joke or normalized. This has been bothering me lately and intruding on normally weird shower thoughts. Do so many joke about existential crisis like it's normal? Are so many people having it and reaching out or do they just thing these are funny?

Arbre
  • @Mariena

I usually try not to joke about suicide, but I do joke about existentialism because that's a lot of where my mindset can come from when I've got too much quiet to sit and think to myself. A lot of personal issues that are more or less "dealt with" try to bubble up anyways when I'm left to sit alone and silent. I might joke about existentialism, but it's less joking to make fun of it, but because it's something I experience, and it makes it easier for me to just normalize and quiet the thoughts that occur from being in that mindset so often. Otherwise they stick out like a sore thumb and can't be filed away into their little drawers where they aren't sitting on my brain like so many other issues can.
  • Most recently:

"Hrm...I wonder what a shower would be like if the water went upwards..."
    NiaXeniaEydis
    @Xandren I'm sorry, Xandren. I didn't mean my post to sound as a slam on you. I like your thoughts on communities being like organisms. I think America currently has cancer, but that's a whole different topic. I'm talking about dumb stuff like this http://www.awesomeinventions.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/existential-crisis-lose.jpg that just upsets me because it's too easy to let it worm its way in and go 'heh, yeah' or something akin to agreement with it, for me.

@Kelliara A whole lot more fun? <.<

KelliaraXenia
  • RhoynnRhoynn Hartford
    Kelliara said:

Most recently:

"Hrm...I wonder what a shower would be like if the water went upwards..."

#SuperBidet?
    DidiXenia
  • @Mariena, while I understand that suicide is not a joke... the picture actually is a list of 4 things that people constantly lose. We all fight our own mental demons, we fight depression/anxiety, we fight loneliness and anger. However, what if the picture was made by someone going through depression and constantly lost their will to live? It's not so much a joke then, but more of a 'this is how I truly feel'.

Losing the will to live doesn't necessarily mean suicide though, at least I don't think it does. More times than not, I feel like I don't want to live anymore (the loss of the will to live), but that doesn't mean I want to kill myself. I just lay in bed and stare at a ceiling and do absolutely nothing until my body goes on autopilot and continues what it has to to survive. Losing the will to live is a mental thing. While it can lead to suicide, its not always depicting of it.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

Volka
    @Zsadist I hadn't thought of it in those terms, and I suppose its indicative of my own mental situation that my assumptions tend towards the meaning being suicide instead of what you're describing.

I just see more and more of those types of memes and pictures casually tossed into a mix of pictures in a post that literally has nothing else like it and it's jarring how easy it is to agree with. Another, better example that I can't find the picture of now had a kid pointing to a bed and the text read, "Mom, instead of tucking me in here" And the kid is mirrored and is pointing to an empty grave, "tuck me in HERE.".

Another says, "Oh look at the time." And the guy's watch says, "time to fucking die."

I guess the shower thought that applies here is why I'm finding them so absently easy to agree with currently. As absent as, "oh, I'm kind of hungry."

I genuinely do not like that thought process. I do not like the ease of it.

I have no plans on killing myself, I don't fantasize about it. I just don't like how posts that throw those types of pics in just stick with me.

It's something I'm talking to a doc about with on Monday. I proooobably need a meds adjustment.

• TozToz
    edited October 2016
    That's entirely fair @Mariena but on the flipside, some of us deal with darker/less pleasant stuff by laughing about it. While always wary of a quote on the internet, supposedly Abraham Lincoln once said “I laugh because I must not cry, that is all, that is all.” Dark humor in most forms seems disrespectful, but often (or at least I imagine often enough), it's a coping mechanism all on its own. If you can laugh at something, you can take away some of its sting, and handle the fact it exists.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

EmelleMarienaVolka
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    You better stay away from me_irl.
  • Mariena said:

@Zsadist I hadn't thought of it in those terms, and I suppose its indicative of my own mental situation that my assumptions tend towards the meaning being suicide instead of what you're describing.

I just see more and more of those types of memes and pictures casually tossed into a mix of pictures in a post that literally has nothing else like it and it's jarring how easy it is to agree with. Another, better example that I can't find the picture of now had a kid pointing to a bed and the text read, "Mom, instead of tucking me in here" And the kid is mirrored and is pointing to an empty grave, "tuck me in HERE.".

Another says, "Oh look at the time." And the guy's watch says, "time to unicorns die."

I guess the shower thought that applies here is why I'm finding them so absently easy to agree with currently. As absent as, "oh, I'm kind of hungry."

I genuinely do not like that thought process. I do not like the ease of it.

I have no plans on killing myself, I don't fantasize about it. I just don't like how posts that throw those types of pics in just stick with me.

It's something I'm talking to a doc about with on Monday. I proooobably need a meds adjustment.

In all honesty @Mariena, I think the reason why we are all seeing more of those kinds of memes and threads and everything is because life is becoming bleaker, harder. More and more people devolve into bullying those around them, more and more people devolve into being vindictive during a divorce, even more people start cheating, more and more people are being constantly lonely and have all but given up on not being lonely, even more people are becoming shackled/poisoned against society by the "political correctness" and "social justice warriors" of today. (Note: FUCK POLITICAL CORRECTNESS AND SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIORS!)

The reason why anyone... you, me, some random dude/chic on the interwebz.... find it easy to just agree with, is because of our mentality. We see that and we're already down in the dumps, we're already chest deep in mental garbage that we go, "Yep, that's exactly how I feel." It's hard getting out of that sort of mentality, especially when its much easier to be negative than positive. Negative energy tends to be harder to get rid of than positive energy, because positive energy requires more output. And when you're in a mental state of depression/loneliness/etc... you don't have the energy to BE positive, which leads us to just agree with the most dismal and saddening prospects of wanting to die, losing the will to live, being forever alone, whatever.

However, unlike some people (myself included), you're taking the steps to come out of it. You're taking medication and you're seeing/talking to a doctor. Eventually, you'll get better and instead of agreeing with those memes and pictures, you'll wonder "What kind of life are they going through to feel that way?"
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

MarienaVolka
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    I'm not sure the volume of negative occurrences in the world is any greater than it's ever been; more likely it seems that way due to a growing population, community loss, global media, and less stigma (which, while good, also means we're talking about these issues more).

Even this in and of itself probably isn't good or bad, but some combination of both. It's easier to feel overwhelmed by the world's problems, but also to realize that most of us share these thoughts as members of humanity. Knowing that, we have the power to connect through shared experience, and to figure out how to get through it.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    What she means is you just have to accept that there's going to be new Pokémon all the time and is it not better to come together and appreciate them all together instead of letting ourselves become divided over something which should give us all joy?
    Emelle
  • Gen 1 or get out, @Aishia

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

AishiaZsadistAtrapoemaXenia
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Hey, no one complained about Valingar's pig thing!

• And it better stay that way.

AishiaSaturnineLin
  • I've seen some relaxed pigs in my day. But THAT is one relaxed pig.
    Valingar
  • That looks like some good bacon. Mmmm.

TenshyoValingarNia
  • NiaNia Trashy
    I just read through HELP LAWS SPINESREACH and realised that the following are considered crimes:

B. BEDLAM. Disruption of public order through inappropriate
    or disorderly behavior.

Minimum punishment: Reprimand. Maximum: Civil Correction.
    Fine: Up to 5000 sovereigns. Damages: No.

F. SUBVERSION. Subverting the Republic through reactionary
    propaganda or threats, or otherwise undermining its
    foundations or security.

Minimum punishment: Censure. Maximum: Proscription.
    Fine: Up to 30000 sovereigns. Damages: No.

While I haven't ever seen this enforced (in large part because I've never seen anyone complain), apparently we really are Communist Russia. Drink to the Motherland!

P.S.: I'm starting a Pussy Riot IG in retaliation to this. Send applications via message/post to join the rebellion against our oppressive Chairwoman Mao.*

*I'm not serious.
    XeniaXandrenDidiSaturnine