Mildly Irritating: Aetolia's Pet Peeves

LaitLait Ohio
edited September 2016 in Echo Canyon
What does Aetolia do that annoys you, but isn't enough to be a big deal? Here's some of mine.

(Thread rules: Keep it mild! No references to people [i.e. "MY PET PEEVE IS WHEN PERSON DOES THIS.] This is not a rage thread!)
  • After I die, I can embed focus to get my vibes back, but I have to resummon my elementals one at a time.
  • I have to outc herbs to eat them, or outc inks to ink tattoos. Not a problem for people who have played Aetolia since forever, but I came from Imperian where things auto-outrifted and frequently forget.
  • Speaking of tattoos, Imperian had a thing where you could ink on 'any' body part instead of specifying the limb.
  • Seeing what tattoos another person has is in Vision. It ought to be in Tattoos instead.
  • You can make venom rags with Toxicology, but you can't make elixir/serum vials with Concoctions/Reanimation.
  • When I search the help system for multiple words, it shows pages that don't have both words in them. So searching for "enemy artifact" for example will only show me a list of pages with "artifact" in them.
  • Shops sell elixirs by X gold per 50 sips, the fluidcache refills by 100, and vials hold 50. So when you refill your fluidcache, you're actually paying twice the stated cost and refilling by twice the stated amount, and you can't refill your fluidcache by just 50 sips.
  • Fluidcache's syntax to refill empty vials/rags is FLUIDCACHE FILL (liquid) (item). I keep doing FLUIDCACHE FILL (item) (liquid), because the structure makes more sense (you're FILLing an ITEM with LIQUID.)
  • Inks and commodities are in the same cache group.
Art by @Phoenecia! Full image available here!
IraeAloli

Comments

• IraeIrae Six feet under.
    edited September 2016
    I find it annoying how library books cannot be borrowed / actually taken out of the library. Like ... isn't that the whole purpose of a library? :S

Additionally, I dislike how short vials seem to last, and the inconsistencies in how some displays show expiration times. 

NiaFaerahFyrren
  • For 500 gold you can make a permanent copy of any library book!
    Irae
  • edited September 2016
    Speaking of libraries:
    The inability to search a library like you can almost-every-other-type-of-list-in-aetolia.

LIBRARY CATALOG (keyword/title/author) would just.... omg.

NiaAnikoErzsebetFyrren
  • edited September 2016
    THIS

You can't delay transfix spell but the description of delay USES transfix for example

H:4720 M:4975 E:100% W:100% B:100% XP:14% [sdb eb] H: /0/ M: /0/ab elemancy delay
    Delay (Elemancy) Known: Yes
    Affects: Players only
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Usage: CAST DELAY [spell details]
    Elements: Spirit, Fire, Water

By delaying a spell, you can store the energy for it between 3 to 15
    seconds. At the end of the timer, the energies will be released, casting
    that spell without equilibrium or balance cost. You can use any ability
    within Elemancy with this spell, with the exception of a few.

Take note however, any damage spell delayed in this fashion will have
    the damage output reduced by 40%.

Example: CAST DELAY 10 TRANSFIX AT EZALOR.
    This will attempt to transfix Ezalor after a 10 second delay.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    H:4720 M:4975 E:100% W:100% B:100% XP:14% [sdb eb] H: /0/ M: /0/
    You may drink another health or mana elixir.
    You may eat another bit of irid moss.
    H:4720 M:4975 E:100% W:100% B:100% XP:14% [sdb eb] H: /0/ M: /0/cast delay 10 transfix at anyone
    You cannot delay that spell.
  • Sorry that's probably my fault.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• edited September 2016
    @Lait
    Did you know if you do FLUIDCACHE FILL LIQUID It'll just go to the first empty vial/rag it finds? You don't have to specify an item, and unless your fluid cache is out of the liquid, no reason to top off half-filled vials/rags because you'll auto-fill them when they're out.

Edit: Used a tag which looked like HTML and was removed.

Lait
  • When I start to phase, it puts me under the threshold where firstaid shoves some moss in my mouth, cancelling the whole thing to do so. Then I have to wait to get balance back and start the wait over again.

It's an easy fix, but until I put it into action, I'll sigh a soft curse every time it happens.
    AryanneJensenPeriluna
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Ingram said:

When I start to phase, it puts me under the threshold where firstaid shoves some moss in my mouth, cancelling the whole thing to do so. Then I have to wait to get balance back and start the wait over again.

It's an easy fix, but until I put it into action, I'll sigh a soft curse every time it happens.

Oh my god. This plagued me for years - when it wasn't first aid it was me being too lazy to add a pause to my curing system.
  • Soul Consumption.

Also, leveling Teradrim golems takes FUCKING FOREVER! Why can't it be like Carnifex Warhounds and be able to be insta-leveled? :(

• Autoleveling your Carnifex hounds is sub-optimal because it locks you out of trait retraining. Generally speaking you should never auto-level your hounds.

• My fluidcache doing this with venoms I don't use anymore.
  • ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    Inability to target people in emotes while you're phased.
    GRARRRG.
    ErzsebetPerilunaFyrren
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    Getting the shaman curing code (to deal with Stormtouched adequately) to play nicely with FirstAid has been a trial in patience. The coding in general has, but... it'll be worth it once finished.
  • ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    edited September 2016
    CLIENT CRASHING, OMG.

That emotes >4 lines crash the webclient while I'm being a procrastinator at work.

Most. Annoying. Problem. EVER.

Also: That Zaila's nicknames for people aren't acceptable to be used as targeting in emotes.
    IngramNia
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    edited September 2016
    I got one! When people know EVERY LANGUAGE. I know like 4 besides racial and default and I feel bad about it. Have a little mystery in your life! Stare dumbly at trolls yammering away about some BS you don't understand. I get that it's like some degree of work and investment to learn them all it just bugs me. >_>

edit: SOME OF MY FAVORITE PEOPLE DO THIS. It's kinda a minor thing all together but I def am like *SIDEEYE*
    KonnornZailaNola
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Coming out of torpor, and spending all of the time and energy replacing decayed things, learning the new changes, and getting yourself back to the point where you can start enjoying the game again.
    Periluna
  • talents being in the skillgain list for the freebie wheel spins.

The massive wheel comes to a stop with a sickly flash of green light. It shudders for a moment before rewarding you with Skill Gain.
    Your skill in Fletching has increased.

wtf wheel?!
    The rushing sound of waves breaking upon a shore fills your mind as Slyphe imparts to you, "Meltas is a bit..special sometimes..."
    KelliaraFaerah
  • edited September 2016
    Xandren said:

talents being in the skillgain list for the freebie wheel spins.

The massive wheel comes to a stop with a sickly flash of green light. It shudders for a moment before rewarding you with Skill Gain.
    Your skill in Fletching has increased.

wtf wheel?!

Well, be grateful the Wheel no longer seems to do things like:

Afflict you with EVERYTHING.
    Summon a horrible sand monstrosity to murder you, anyone standing nearby, and the families of all of the above.
    Switches your gender.

Edit: Oh, oh, kill you outright!
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
    TeaniZailaFaerah
  • Hey at this rate I'd rather it do that than give me anymore chocolates.

MazarineAtrapoemaErzsebet
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    @Draiman wants a gender switch. You heard it here first, folks!
    IraeTedrunai
    Draiwoman!
    ZailaBufordTedrunaiTenshyo
  • I think the true polar opposite is in fact Dhampwoman.
    NiaIraeTedrunaiRhoynn
  • Dray. Not Dry. :(

ZailaIrae
    Aishia said:

I think the true polar opposite is in fact Dhampwoman.

;)
    Draiman said:

Dray. Not Dry. :(

Draymond "Green" D'baen?
    Illikaal
  • Irae said:

Draiman said:

Dray. Not Dry. :(

Draymond "Green" D'baen?
    RIP @Razmael's nuts.
    IraeTenshyo
  • You guys realize I'm from Oklahoma right. 

Comments like that is how you start wars. 

TedrunaiIraeHaven
  • Damn, TIL never to mess with @Irae. That man had a family.
    IraeXeniaHavenIshinTenshyoPerilunaNola
    Well, it's my family now.
    TedrunaiIshin