Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• A bit late, but maybe for next time: it'd be cool if the hunting damage boosting artefacts had their own category on the artefact cart. Might just be me, but they clutter up the skills category a lot and it makes it kind of hard to quickly find something to trigger my bad decisions.
  • KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    Varel said:

A bit late, but maybe for next time: it'd be cool if the hunting damage boosting artefacts had their own category on the artefact cart. Might just be me, but they clutter up the skills category a lot and it makes it kind of hard to quickly find something to trigger my bad decisions.

Easy. They've all been shifted to the Hunting category now.
    Varel
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    Hey @Keroc, can you change firstaid priority lists to something less of a cluster****? Maybe it's just me but looking at pipe/herb/salve/special all smashed together is a bit dizzying. Maybe a way to view each curing type and associated priorities individually? Please?
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    I'd really appreciate the following additions to firstaid:

A separate def list to add class specific defs, or any other defs you specify (clarity, cloak, etc) that you can turn on and off. This'd help newer players/players without systems with that initial auto defup before entering combat.

A simple parrying function. Set default parry to whatever limb you like. Options to parry the last hit limb, the most damaged limb, and the next most damaged limb. This way players can tie their parrying to their pre-restoration i.e. parry the most damaged limb, while restoring the next most.

Fix the auto stander as it presently doesn't auto stand in certain situations.

"And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    Tenshyo
    At the end of the day you're still going to have to put some work in client side. Imo, defs are really really easy to code yourself and are a great way for new people to learn some of the basics of coding on their client. Putting them in first aid is going to continue to spoil people until we reach a point where everyone is going to want offenses handled server side too.

Zsadist
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    I doubt that. It's not the case in Achaea and you can literally put just about any def you can think of in their serverside curing and most people haven't gotten to the point of extreme laziness yet.

Atrapoema
    edited August 2016
    Herpity derpity

AtrapoemaMissari
  • RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    The AFK discussion is getting quite long and derailing this thread. I've split it into a new thread http://forums.aetolia.com/discussion/2302/afk so please continue any discussion there. Thank you.
    Sarita
    Can we get an sctells thing for the Sect channel PRETTY PLEASE

• ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    Give org-leaders the ability to set people to watch a specific org-req?
    imageimage
  • edited August 2016
    Might be a bit of an ask for a small ideas thread, but is there any chance it could be made so that Dendara doesn't isolate Shaman GNT/GT/GTS/GW like it does other channels? I have no issue with it imposing the off-plane 'penalty' to CT/OT/CLT/etc., but Dendara's pretty specific to the Shamans and it's a bit of a shame that we can't go there and hang out and do Shaman-y things without making it impossible to handle guild business/newbie questions.

Edit: It also stops newbies from knowing that we're around, which is a bit of a problem when you consider guild/class themes and flavour, I should add. Wouldn't be much of an issue if we weren't tied to the plane.
    SeirPilarAisling
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    Can angel power be added to GMCP if at all possible?
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    Can we make forgeables that don't have stats to worry about sellable on a shelf? Cookware and cauldrons and the like rarely sell so I don't want to have a bunch on my floor taking up space, but restocking them when they finally DO sell is a pain.
    imageimage
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    Before Delos blew up, there used to be two neat/useful NPCs. One could retitle you for a fee, the other one made some really neat custom keys if you gave him certain materials. Any chance we could get those back? I still have one of the custom keys, and they're pretty awesome looking, and wish I could get more. >_>
    ZailaTenshyo
  • So, I'm new, and haven't played very long. I'm sure what I'm about to say has probably been brought up before but still. I encountered this today and yesterday, and I think it would be really cool if Emotes respected the language chosen by SPEAK and, if possible, one could change up the particular language in the middle of an emote, especially if directing different say-text at different people. A la:

emote looks about curiously, eyes widening in surprise as he finds $Tsol'aan. "(Tsol'aa)Hi, Friend" before turning back to his mentor and continuing his answer to their question. "(Aetolian) As I was saying"

ZailaDzekkTenshyo
  • ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    Phoenecia said:
    Before Delos blew up, there used to be two neat/useful NPCs. One could retitle you for a fee, the other one made some really neat custom keys if you gave him certain materials. Any chance we could get those back? 
    Especially the retitling one. If someone gets kicked out of their orgs but wants to keep their last name or a creative "look I'm a loner" or whatever, it really sucks :(
    Tenshyo
  • Could we get a PATH FIND/SEARCH/TRACK CRAFTERS?

For the lazy in us all to find the local Craft Guild?

Or at least a sign for ease of finding?

• If you have one available, you could set a landmark.
  • You can PATH TRACK CRAFTS which will take you to the crafting annex!
    Tenshyo
  • Antehe said:

You can PATH TRACK CRAFTS which will take you to the crafting annex!

WIZARDRY!

• A toggle to make elemental shrouds and flairs auto-activate on log-in?
    imageimage
    Zaila
    I've noticed that Aetolia has a lot of outdated help files or really old ones. Would it be possible to open up help file revisions to be submitted to the administration by the players, similar to how AB's are? The administration could choose which ones they'd like and it takes a lot of the burden away from just the admins in trying to bring them up to more modern standards.
    RhoynnZaila
  • You can post revisions or list outdated files here: http://forums.aetolia.com/discussion/990/help-files -- or you can message me pastebins!
    Antehe said:

You can post revisions or list outdated files here: http://forums.aetolia.com/discussion/990/help-files -- or you can message me pastebins!

Fantastic. I'll message you some pastebins.
  • @Keroc, @Tedrunai:

As of right now, all we see is:
    Your insignia glows vividly as your triumph is notated in the records.

Can we put in the amount of sect points that you get when you kill someone 1v1, considering they have decreasing returns and max Sect rank gives you double points, and killing someone repeatedly nets you less and less to 1 point? I mean, I don't know how many times I have killed X/Y/Z in 1v1 combat and I don't care to put in a tracker.

Something along the lines of the following:
    Your insignia glows vividly as your triumph is notated in the records. You are awarded with 150 marks of triumph.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

TenshyoFezzix
  • I'd like to second @Zsadist with also a notation of how many we lost on death.

While, of course, it says in a HELP file somewhere, it's just one of those small little niceties that would be something nice as a reference.

• edited September 2016
    Can we please have a way to quickly tell what venoms we have on our rags in a list?
    That isn't II RAG

Like... RAGLIST or VENOMLIST or something?

Also, when a venom rag decays can we please be notified of what venom was on it? Like when a vial decays it says what was in it. That would be -super- helpful too.

EDIT: Just saw we have RAGLIST.

Decay message request still applies.

EDIT x2: Can we get a RAGLIST MISSING to see what venoms we are missing?

XandrenDzekk
    1. Werecoons.
    2. The underpants pattern in tailoring should have 'bloomers' as a selectable identity.
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    So, I've realized that with how time works now in-game, 1 year (50 RL days) is a REALLY long time for the cooldown on the Link of the Ethereal after mucking around with it trying to figure out how it works. Any chance it could be reduced to 1 season (12 RL days), which seems a bit more reasonable.
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    I have no idea how this would work in implementation, but I was just thinking it would be really helpful to have a little "recent events" thing bolted onto the tutorial/chargen process somehow that would let people know about major Aetolian world events that would have happened since their character was born.

I'm envisioning some sort of (very) brief, succinct timeline, maybe with references to appropriate events posts -- just something that would give people an idea of MAJOR THINGS that they might want/need to be able to call on in their rp.
    AnteheCinarraDidi