Pathfinder RPG

I am planning to run a campaign I am actively working on right now either every sunday or every other sunday starting around 3pm ish and ending at 8pm(hard time as I have work at 8pm) I am looking for 4 or 5 people familiar with pathfinder or willing to learn relatively quickly.

As I am not working with any default systems world map there will be a day of character creation where I can explain a little bit about the different areas.

There will be princesses to save(or not), nations to bring at peace(or war), and great beasts to slay(or enslave)
Maptools and Skype are a must.

Comments

• I'm down.
    I mean, you know, an amount.

• Time Zone?

• Pathfinder was fun. One of the better times of playing it was when we decided to move away from the campaign and take over the capital at which we started. Made a Smithing Guild and Assassins Guild. That was always fun. lol.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• Eastern time 
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    I might be interested too, but never played Pathfinder.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    It's like 3.5 DnD but BETTER. They tried to fill in all the empty levels in classes with EXCITING NEW FEATURES, a lot of stuff is streamlined and more balanced, and they have a genuinely awesome default setting.

IshinFurtum
  • I know some 3.5. I've had my head buried in a variety of places, so I'm confident I could pick up Pathfinder.

I'm more curious what kind of character I'm expected/limited to play; I hate playing Alliance.
    I mean, you know, an amount.

• You can get information on the system here.
    http://www.d20pfsrd.com/
  • Think of it as 3.75
  • 2 spots left... MAYBE we can to a bit of a chat about this coming sunday if there are enough and all are on board at that point
    Ishin
  • Bump...
    Working on a custom setting, still using pathfinder rules, saturday/tues evenings are one of the likely days it will be ran.

Messaging me directly I can give links and explain more of the setting... but I want to check people interested in rping Pathfinder first.
  • I'd be down except I am already in a game that runs on sundays, and I'm pretty committed to my Dm and our Zelda homebrew
    The rushing sound of waves breaking upon a shore fills your mind as Slyphe imparts to you, "Meltas is a bit..special sometimes..."
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    My regular DM hates pathfinder so I'm probably not gonna try it
    Furtum
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    Jensen said:

Your DM has an iron fist. "Play other systems?! NOT ON MY WATCH!"

JensenHaven
  • Hadrak said:

Jensen said:

Your DM has an iron fist. "Play other systems?! NOT ON MY WATCH!"
    I was just thinking that, I am not twisting arms here just looking for people where I know rpers lurk :)
    Jensen
  • edited August 2016
    It's probably not "YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO PLAY OTHER SYSTEMS" and more "This guy I game with whose opinion I respect hates the system so I'm probably not going to bother with it."

To me, Pathfinder is D&D3.5 with the serial numbers filed off. It doesn't really have any redeeming features and it really isn't worth trying. Everything non-combat is terrible in Pathfinder. Fortunately, it compensates for that by also having terrible combat, which actually isn't all that fortunate now that I think about it. If you want something crunchy with wargamey combat, go with D&D 4e. If you want something for fluffy storytelling, practically any other system out there manages it better
    Furtum
  • His DM isn't telling other people not to play Pathfinder, or at least that wasn't said anywhere I saw. He's running the rules he likes. By your logic any campaign not played in several rulesets simultaneously is 'ruling with an iron fist', including your own, presumably. Pathfinder to me personally felt like the stripped down, munchkin implied version of all the editions. Instant gratification throughout. It's the Honda Accord with back seats removed for weight reduction. Nothing wrong with that, but it's not for everyone... and that's okay!
    Atrapoema
  • edited August 2016
    I Run Pathfinder because I have the books for it I'm not going to go and find some other system online and go through all that crap when I paid for a program that organizes it all for me. I'm running Pathfinder. I thank you for your advice on other systems, but I prefer Pathfinder. Also the comment about not being allowed to play other systems was a joke no need to be so defensive about it.
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    Furtum said:

By your logic any campaign not played in several rulesets simultaneously is 'ruling with an iron fist', including your own, presumably.

By my logic, I was making a joke.

ZailaAtrapoemaAnikoRasharJensenFurtum
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    It was more I saw it, I like RPGs, I haven't heard good things about it so I'm not going to try it.  I am one day open to playing a game with aetolians bit only in a system I enjoy.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    I may be down for this. I've been craving this sort of thing for a while now. I just have to make sure I can commit as I don't want to start something I can't finish.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Atrapoema
  • Haven said:

I just have to make sure I can commit as I don't want to start something I can't finish.

Given Haven's track record, that means he's out.
    DraimanMissariAnikoTedrunaiHavenZailaIshinTrager
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Atrapoema said:

Haven said:

I just have to make sure I can commit as I don't want to start something I can't finish.

Given Haven's track record, that means he's out.

¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    I'll be playing.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin