enemy affliction tracking

What do people use? Does everyone make there own? Are some shared among orgs or groups of friends?

I don't particularly want to spend the time updating the tracking scripts in PS - given the choice I'd prefer to use a common aff tracker and my own gui/utility.

My reason isn't laziness or inability - I have limited time to spend on Aetolia, and gathering the data to write my own is probably beyond me. I could update PS but then I'd be stuck wrestling with archaic code written when (I'm assuming) Kaeus was still learning programming. Not to mention I have my own gui and utility stuff already, which I'd prefer to use over PS.

If I can't, I might just pick a class that requires limited or simpler tracking, and write my own, but with a bunch of retirement credits from MkO and elsewhere, I have my heart set on rolling a new character, with a class I haven't played - perhaps Templar or Luminary. Or even if I don't do that, of being part of the sentinel rebuild, which also requires fairly precise tracking.

I'm not after offensive scripts - I enjoy that part myself - just target tracking.

Comments

• ElyniElyni New Zealand
    edited August 2016
    Wasn't source rewritten from the ground up? It has seemed okay to read, in the time I've been studying it. Though it does still use the 'hooks' method for doing stuff, which isn't overly bothersome to deal with, but can still be annoying.
  • Elyni said:

Wasn't source rewritten from the ground up? It has seemed okay to read, in the time I've been studying it. Though it does still use the 'hooks' method for doing stuff, which isn't overly bothersome to deal with, but can still be annoying.

Most of PS is fine, but the enemy aff tracking part, not so much - large amounts of it is written directly into the triggers rather than into functions that the triggers call, which make it a headache to tweak.

I think Kaeus began it without a plan, and it just grew bigger and bigger. No need to rewrite it if its working, right? But that only really works for the original author. I'm sure with enough time I could get used to it but I'd rather not if I don't have to.

• ElyniElyni New Zealand
    I'd probably be willing to do it, if I had the money to be able to get all the skills I'd need (No way I'm doing it, when I can't benefit from using the system myself :P )
  • CorynCoryn Spokane, Wa
    You'd just need discernment and some trigger lines. Hell, you could just get a Lanos' eye. I might be able to help if you're interested.
  • ElyniElyni New Zealand
    Yep, I know! I'd also need my class skills to be able to reliably test it. I just don't have the money to spend anymore; discernment alone is ~200cr (still have conversion bonus), which for me works out to about ~$120. Not the kinda money I'm willing to put into a game I only casually play!

I have no idea what a Lanos' eye is.
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    It's discernment in enchantment form.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• ElyniElyni New Zealand
    ..TIL trans vision isn't needed! Woop woop.
  • edited August 2016
    Disclaimer: Discernment can be a pricey enchantment if you're dealing with someone actually looking to make a minor profit, unless gold isn't really an issue for you.

• ElyniElyni New Zealand
    edited August 2016
    I got mine for like 1100 gold ._.