Project Source Support - Version 1.3

AoiAoi
edited March 2017 in Tech Talk
EDIT 01/30/2017:

Source 1.4 is coming!

I'll be making a new thread for it, because why not. Right now the only things holding me up is finishing a basic in client guide, updating the deflists for the classes, fixing all the little quirks, and combing through the extra useless code and cutting it out. If anyone wants to volunteer to help, I've got a handful of tasks.

UPDATE 3/1/17

This is the link to the new thread: Project Source 1.4 - Support

I've been tinkering with Source for a short while now. I've made a few fixes and added a few features with help from others who are also using the system. There's still a lot to do, but to make things easier for everyone, I decided to start a new thread specifically for my version of Source, which I'm going to call 1.3 (and updates will be 1.4, 1.5, etc...). This post will be edited with each new update.

These aren't all the details, but here's the changelog. If you need details, please message me in Aetolia, just wrap your message in (()). Keep in mind the first time you load it, it'll ask you to read the changelogs.

First Update!
New version of source 1.3 uploaded!
  • Fixes Monk keys/aliases already there.
  • Adds Ascendril/Sciomancer reflection charge tracker.
  • Adds trigger for Shaman familiar bashing, morphs the familiar from bear or serpent (you have to have one of those types out for this to work, or tweak the trigger) when the familiar is almost dead.
For the record, Monk issue was: aff_tracker.enemy_afflictions.shield needs to be replaced with pvp.affs.shielded and the pvp.affs reset script need to have shielded = false added after lifeaura.

ps.changelog["1.3"] =
{
"General additions:",
"Trigger edit: enemy_parry has been tweaked to hopefully stop posting errors. Basically, the INFO script kept getting nil values and that is what caused the errors. They were cosmetic errors and shouldn't have hurt anything serious.",
"Trigger edit: fixed the issue with parry not showing the proper 'Enemy parried x limb', similar to above enemy_parry fix.",
"Thanks to Eocis for the following addition: A ylem mist counter! This added 'ps.mist' as a table to 'init' script, four triggers to 'utility|ylem_rewards' folder, and one alias 'mist_count' to 'utility|misc' folder. It gags and calculates when a gauntlet is probed and does it after each successful absorb. You can also type 'yc' or 'yc f' or 'yc short' to get readouts. Gold calculation numbers may be off, will need testing. Future application will be putting mist total and gold total in top or bottom bar.",
"Trigger addition: Added 'firstaid on' to 'login_resets' trigger.",
"Trigger addition: Added 'stable list' to 'login_resets' trigger.",
"Variable creation: 'horsetype' or ps.settings.entities.horsetype which defaults to 'donkey'. Simply do 'setting horsetype mule' or change mule to anything you want, such as stallion or grizzly.",
"Trigger creation: 'pretty_pony' created to gag stable list.",
"Trigger creation: 'horse_set', checking stable list will now display buttons for setting your current mount (ps.settings.entities.horse). If you have a horsetype, it will show this has been set and will set your current gmcp city as the return stable.",
"Trigger edit: 'chameleon_off' has had the send'cham' part removed as the system will autodef if you have chameleon toggled via the defup. It was double touching/chameleoning because it would auto-redef and the trigger would push it.",
"Alias edit: 'chameleon' alias edited to recognize if you have 'setting chameleon chameleon' (the default) set. Anything else will prompt it to 'touch chameleon 'chamlist, etc. This is not perfect, but it'll do for now.",
"Trigger edit: 'syringe_list' just gags the useless parts of the syringe list. I'm still trying to figure a way to check and stop the system from trying to fill syringes (and eventually pipes) when you don't have any or the wrong ones.",
"Alias edit: 'firelash' added if statement to check for 'breathe' as a possible setting to ps.settings.items.firelash, for anyone who has the racial ability. It'll do that over the firelash ring. Just remember, FL ICEWALL to randomly destroy one and FL ICEWALL (direction) to pick it.",
"Trigger add: 'mindseye_allsight' This trigger will automatically switch from trying to touch 'allsight' and 'mindseye'. Still working on figuring out how to have it pause when it finds neither.",
"Bugfixes:",
"Trigger edit: 'who_list' broke after the latest changelog 1101. I updated the regex and changed the partialroom matches from 3 to 4. It's setup for a future update where if the vnum is present, it uses that and speeds up the code process. For now, this is just a kickass good fix.",
"Script edit: 'pvp venoms' removed 'kalmia = limpveins'. Going to have to fix this later, since kalmia gives either asthma or limpveins, having kalmia repeated messed with scripting.",
"Bloodborn changelogs:",
"Script change: added 'spec' to 'tmp.vitals' so that 'ps.vitals.spec' can populate with either 'rituos' or 'n/a'. Then, added an if statement in 'char_vitals' to check for rituos and gsub ps.vitals.class praenomen for bloodborn. Just continue using ps.vitals.class == bloodborn in your scripting.",
"Carnifex changelogs:",
"Alias update: Carnifex ability added to 'shield' alias. Thanks Eocis!",
"Trigger created: 'soul_fracture_on' to apply the 'soul_fracture' defense to deflist.",
"Script edit: 'carnifex' deflist addition, 'soul fracture' set on manual redef. Will eventually add a check to make it auto.",
"Script edit: 'carnifex' deflist 'fearless' fixed, had some bad code. It's set to redef.",
"Trigger created: 'fearless_on' trigger created to apply 'fearless' on deflist check.",
"Auto_Soul_Consumption! Thanks to Eocis for donating this code. This added three triggers, 'consumption_start' 'consumption_wraith' 'consumption_end', one alias, 'soulgaze' (along with an alias group for Carnifex), and added 'ps.soulcount' to the Carnifex def script. To initiate simply have a bardiche or soul cleaver wielded and type SOUL CONSUMPTION. Potential alias 'sconsume' coming that will auto unify/summon soulstone and wield a bardiche.",
"Alias, Trigger, and Script addition: Thanks once more to Eocis for expanding the auto soul consumption script. Added 'soulcon' alias to begin the process, 'fluidity_true' trigger to trigger the variable that defines using a weapon versus a soul cleaver, and added ps.fluidity to the init script.",
"Script edit: 'carnifex' bashing script updated to use 'doublebash' or 'bash' for warhammer, 'spinslash' or 'hack' for halber or bardiche. I know there are other skills, but spinslash and doublebash are better than them and the only skill beneath those two are the ones listed. Also, greatmaul is garbage for hunting, so I force you to unwield that and remind you to get a warhammer. No crying!",
"Shaman changelogs:",
"Changed alias 'attune' for Shaman into 'att' and attached a class check. This was preventing 'attune (color)' of special ylem goggles.",
"Shapeshifter changelogs:",
"Script edit: Thanks to Eocis, 'bottom_bar' now displays your madness level on the bottom status bar so you can take it off your prompt if you'd like.",
"Syssin changelogs:",
"In trigger 'hypnotized_on', added '\w+ is already open to suggestions, Syssin.' and in trigger 'hypnosis_broken', added '\w+ is not under a hypnotic spell.'. Added to 'flay' and 'rebounding_off' trigger, ^You send your whip to flay (\w+)'s rebounding defence, only to discover that \w+ has no such protection.^' If that line actually means something like sileris, shield, and rebounding are stripped, I'll update it. Updated the trigger 'venom_delivered' from an exact match type to a perl-regex so it tracks venom properly now.",
"Script edit: 'ps.bash.syssin' now defaults to try and use garrote over Camus or Sumac and checks for the skill and a whip. Thank you Kanivara!",
"Script change: 'pvp.venoms', strophanthus has been changed to 'kalmia' as per changes made to that venom. This mostly only affects venom users, not curing.",
"Alias update: 'ScreenFix' updated to include mini-instruction as to it's purpose and reason for existing. It also forces your Aetolia wrapwidth to 0.",
"Trigger update: 'class_attacks' folder and 'lycanthrope'. Added two bashing attacks for detection: '^You rake .+. with your claws.$' and '^In a vicious slash of your claws, you tear open .+.$'.",
"Script update: 'carnifex' bashing script, removed check for bashing and targetting. For now, it only hinders autobash.",
"---FUTURE IDEAS AND PLANS---",
"Update all class basic deflist and triggers. A lot were missed, mostly due to me not having those classes. I intend to integrate a more advanced autobasher and multi-target system. Basically, when you attack ps.target and fail (using fail triggers) it'll switch to a secondary target and likewise. Ensuring the AFF tracker is running great, it should be working but I'm not 100% sure as I haven't done much testing. Fixing other bugs and improving the system overall.",
}

--TO INSTALL--

Download 3 files (SourceCurrent.trigger, PersonalPrime.trigger, install.txt) and the ps folder, which are grouped in a single rar file. If you need to just update, just download the rar and only use the 'source.trigger' and delete the rest. The install details are in Install.txt, but I also put them in this post. If you have any trouble, seek me out in Aetolia and I'll gladly help you setup the system.

Instructions:

This is for a clean install. A clean install means you are installing this for the first time on a new profile in Mudlet.

1.) Click on the first icon 'Connect' or 'Games' and 'Play' to bring up the profile selection window and click on +NEW button. Name your pofile whatever you'd like and have Server Address: NOTAetolia.com Port: 23. Hit 'Connect'.
"[ ERROR ] - Host name lookup Failure!
Connection cannot be established.
The server name is not correct, not working properly,
or your nameservers are not working properly.
"
*You will notice that the game isn't connecting, this is intended. You can not edit preferences until connected to a world and that's what we want to do right now.

2.) Depending on how you have your mudlet setup, you will want to get to 'Preferences' or 'Settings'. If you have pretty icons, click on the wrench labeled 'Settings'. If you have the the menu bar, it is 'Options'-> 'Preferences'.

3.) Make the following changes:
a.) In the first panel, 'General', have the following:
CHECKED 'Show menu bar'
UNCHECKED 'Show main toolbar'
CHECKED 'Force auto save on exit'
CHECKED 'Enable GMCP'

b.) On the last panel, 'Special Options, have the following:
CHECKED 'Force compression off'
UNCHECKED 'Force telnet GA signal interpretation off'
UNCHECKED 'Force new line on empty commands'
CHECKED 'Force MXP negotiation off'

c.) On the 'Main Display' tab, you may want to edit the following:
Word Wrapping -> Wrap lines at: (default is usually 100) I suggest making this 80 or 85 to start.

d.) Click save.

4.) Now either click on 'Toolbox' -> 'Script Editor' or click the 'Scripts' button to bring the script editor. There is a button that says 'Import' and when you click on it, you will want to go ahead and import 'source.trigger' and then 'personal.xml'. When this is done, you can close the script editor.

5.) Now that you have a new profile, move the 'ps' folder to that profile directory. This can be found at ' C:\Users\_____\.config\mudlet\profiles\ '. Where '_____' is your computer usename/profile name.

6.) Close Mudlet.

7.) Reopen mudlet. In the top left of the menu bar, click on 'Games' -> 'Play' or if you didn't disable the buttons, click on 'Connect' to open the profile select window. Select your profile and remove the 'NOT' from the server address section. Then click 'Connect'.

8.) When prompted, select 'DOWNLOAD MAP'. Go ahead and login to Aetolia. You will be greeted by a wave of system spam, but if everything is working, your UI display should have changed.

9.) Send the command 'L' to look, which should update your map on the right.

10.) Send the following command, 'setupfirstaid' without the quotes to setup the ingame firstaid system. This only needs to be done once.

11.) Just some pointers: 'setting' will show you a lot of what can be changed or updated, such as pipes, mount, and other things. Be sure to ask in game to join 'Project Source'. This is an OOC clan for further questions. CLANHELP PROJECT SOURCE to see who can induct.

** NOTICE **

If you intend to receive the future updates of Source, ensure any changes at all go into the 'Personal' section of your script editor. This includes: Aliases, scripts, triggers, keys, or other additions you would like to add or change. If you notice bugs or mistakes and fix them, notify the forums or Aoi so they can appear in a future update.

If you come across a room that is unmapped, such as the Wings or Amulet artifact rooms, simply type MAP HERE.
GastoRolsandCatrine

Comments

• MordtriusMordtrius St Louis MO
    Hey, this isn't working quite right for me (I also see no one who can induct me into the clan at the moment). Help me out? I'm on linux and it sounds like most of you are on windows. I followed all the instructions though. It complains I don't have a new enough mudlet (picture proving I do) and line wrapping appears to be off. Also, is there a user manual or something?

Thanks!

I went away from the directions and made the mudlet word wrap 100 and that fixed my word wrapping issues. Is the "mudlet can't download files" message going to cause any problems? Obviously it downloaded the map fine...
    Sorry to be spamming, but for anyone else who had the "cannot download files" error it was due to my lua installation missing lua-zip and lua-filesystem. I installed those and everything is better. Figured it out due to an error message at the very top of the output when the system loads.
  • AoiAoi
    edited March 2016
    @Mordtrius Did you ever get everything sorted out?

Also, forgot to add, there -WILL- be a user manual coming soon. That's kinda the first thing I'm working on before another round of improvements and it'll be posted as soon as its ready.

I've just been held back due to schoolwork and workwork and being incredibly lazy.

To anyone curious, the next update to Mudlet will feature:
    Bug fixes! (obviously)
    Updated basher with smart targetting!
    Updated FIRSTAIDSETUP to fix priorities. May also make firstaid dominant Tree/Focus/Endgame curing engine.
    A barebones offensive for every class I have access to, with lots of healthy notes as to how it was made and how it works so you can do it yourself!
    An option to get rid of the UI except for the chat log and map.
    And so much more!

Be sure to message me in Aetolia before posting, as I'll probably respond to a message faster than here.
    Riluo
  • Hey @Aoi! I just wanted to let you know something I discovered for Syssin. The garrote line is set to:

^You slip behind .+ and garrote him with your whip.$

But, there are it's and she's as well. Plus, if you have a custom whip, it looks like this:

^You slip behind .+ and garrote him with an iron-tipped whip.$

Not sure if there is a real fix besides someone manually updating the line with their whip info, but thought I'd share.
  • If you want to change it, change it to this:

^You slip behind .+ and garrote (?:him|her) with .*.$
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• I might be missing something here, but how do i stop the spam that comes with the DefUp alias? It is trying to add defenses that I do not have.
  • @Claito It depends on which defence it's trying to spam. Some can be set for the specific skill that you may have, and some you'd need to hide them in the code until you learn the skill.
  • Do the affliction tracking trigs and scripts work in PS?
    If so, are they reasonably up to date?

I'm familiar with them from tripwire a few years ago, but I know how quickly that sort of thing can get unusable if the focus has been on other components of the system - if there are 3 years of liaisons and revamps to catch up to it might not be worth trying to fix it (given how horribly that part of the scripting was done.)
  • CorynCoryn Spokane, Wa
    The aff tracking, is uh, not so great. It misses paresis triggers(I think), and may need some updated discernment stuff.
  • RhoynnRhoynn Hartford
    Just downloaded this as a new player migrated from MKO. Lots of familiar elements. Looks like a great system! Thanks for putting it together!
    Daishin
  • Just as a reminder for anyone who uses Source, there is a clan for coding help and system help called Project Source. Feel free to send me a tell or message (sometimes I'm offline or off plane) and I'll invite you.

Alternatively, CLANHELP PS will give you a list of who can invite you beyond just myself.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

Didi
  • Hi! So, @Zsadist was kind enough to start to help me with this, but even his fix was a bandaid that kind of stopped working after a few hours. It seems that the basher just simply won't work for my Syssin, it'll proc on the nearest mob when it enters a room, send garrote once, and upon balance regain, just sits there, doing nothing. I have autobashing on. It wasn't even sending bite earlier, before I learned garrote.

I've posted the exact script for the syssin basher below- I haven't touched it at all

--Note the case has to be the same as how you define your class
    ps.bash.syssin = function()
    if can:bash() then
    if hasSkill("Garrote") and isWielded("whip") then
    send("garrote " ..ps.target)
    elseif hasSkill("Camus") then
    send("bite " .. ps.target .. " camus")
    else
    send("bite " .. ps.target .. " sumac")
    end
    end
    end

Is there perhaps something wrong with Source trying to grab the GMCP of my class skills? I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me out so I don't accidentally look away and end up dying,m thinking its sending commands when its not
  • to help your debugging...

enter these at the command line, one at a time, reading the output (which ought to be true or false)

lua can:bash()
    lua hasSkill("Garrote")
    lua isWielded("whip")

etc

You can also put temporary test echoes into the function itself to help you track down how far the function gets before it fails, or try opening the debug window and watching for large blocks of red-highlighted text, but that tends to be so spammy it is only helpful sometimes.

• MazarineMazarine the best maze ever
    I am pretty sure someone else had this problem and it was a case of the syssin bashing trigger being outdated. Try to search for garrote, syssin or whip and see if you can't find a line that's similar to it but not quite right. 
  • @Xanchol hit me up when you log in today. I'll see if I can figure out the problem or even expand on the fix I gave you myself. :)

• edited October 2016
    So at someone's suggestion, I did a complete wipe, since @Zsadist's basher stopped working again (Sorry bro.). New Source download, new profile, entirely.

EVEN tried it on my other profile, which also uses Source 1.3, and is on Mudlet 3.0.0-delta, which works for my other character, and still, problems- no mudlet map, basher won't work, pvp button is fried.

So is it something wrong with Source against Syssin? Or is it something corrupted in the character data itself?

EDIT: http://hastebin.com/taceyocesu.erl

Is a log of me, a lvl 80 Athletic Syssin, bashing in Sonn. I died. I didn't have timestamps up, but its taking like...5-7 seconds between sending garrote, and healing slow too
  • Xanchol said:

So at someone's suggestion, I did a complete wipe, since @Zsadist's basher stopped working again (Sorry bro.). New Source download, new profile, entirely.

EVEN tried it on my other profile, which also uses Source 1.3, and is on Mudlet 3.0.0-delta, which works for my other character, and still, problems- no mudlet map, basher won't work, pvp button is fried.

So is it something wrong with Source against Syssin? Or is it something corrupted in the character data itself?

Is a log of me, a lvl 80 Athletic Syssin, bashing in Sonn. I died. I didn't have timestamps up, but its taking like...5-7 seconds between sending garrote, and healing slow too

Have you done setupfirstaid yet?

That's step #1 for Source.

If you can get your hands on Mudlet 2.1, I highly suggest that though now it's run through a lot of mirrors and such

Syssin bashing isn't very good the higher you go (from my knowledge) so there is also that.

Health and mana sips are ~5 seconds from being able to sip again. This is across the board for everyone.

As for your other problems, I do not know where to begin to address that.

• Tenshyo said:

Xanchol said:

Have you done setupfirstaid yet?

That's step #1 for Source.

If you can get your hands on Mudlet 2.1, I highly suggest that though now it's run through a lot of mirrors and such

Syssin bashing isn't very good the higher you go (from my knowledge) so there is also that.

Health and mana sips are ~5 seconds from being able to sip again. This is across the board for everyone.

As for your other problems, I do not know where to begin to address that.
    Yup, I did Setupfirstaid
  • VolkaVolka Lurking behind the beakers....
    @Xanchol , did you ever get this to work for you? I have the -exact- same problem. Idk about the pvp button because I haven't tried it yet, but my mapper is acting weird, my prompt isn't getting over ridden by source like I'm told it should, and my bashing is exactly as you described.

At least this way you know it's not just syssin?
  • Are you installing it the way the instructions say?
    The first time I loaded PS I ignored them and use module manager instead, but it doesn't work right if you do that. Lots of weird faults that make no sense. I never got it as far as bashing but it's worth you checking over the install process.
  • Volka said:

@Xanchol , did you ever get this to work for you? I have the -exact- same problem. Idk about the pvp button because I haven't tried it yet, but my mapper is acting weird, my prompt isn't getting over ridden by source like I'm told it should, and my bashing is exactly as you described.

At least this way you know it's not just syssin?

I'm still having this issue @Volka, yeah. It's been an absolute PITA and prevented me from safely participating in the Great Hunt. @Irruel, I've downloaded, installed, deleted and retried about twice now, making two new profiles. The PVP button is....okay. It keeps spamming flay and not aura-checking, but I can do some workarounds with that by manny-ing with some aliases. However, the bashing is still totally broken.
  • Hey all, sorry for the lack of posts. I tend to not use forums at all. But, a new version of Source will be released later tonight. As always, message me in game or find the Project Source clan, PS.
    When it comes out, I'll be editing the original post and including the changelog.
    Fyrren
  • Aoi said:

Hey all, sorry for the lack of posts. I tend to not use forums at all. But, a new version of Source will be released later tonight. As always, message me in game or find the Project Source clan, PS.
    When it comes out, I'll be editing the original post and including the changelog.

Looking forward to this. Getting myself a new laptop since since my old one got all FUBAR and lost PS and all the customized bits I had to it. Hope you won't mind me asking you for a bit of help setting it up since I am not exactly very good at this kind of stuff.
    Avatar of Fyrren drawn by the amazing Sessizlik.
    Aoi
  • AoiAoi
    edited January 2017
    Bad news, I had a work emergency and couldn't actually finish. Delaying the update until tomorrow. I'll post in the morning.

EDIT: Found a major mixup in the code, so I'm going to take a bit longer to fix this.
    FyrrenJami
  • AoiAoi
    edited January 2017
    With the release of Wayfarer way earlier than I expected, going to delay Source 1.4 another few days.
    This way I can add in any defs and special triggers and any other changes that come to mind. I don't have the class (or the means to get it) so I'll be using the arena method. Unless folk want to donate code (or credits!).

Please contact me in game as I forget to check forums all the time. My advice is to make a pastebin account, note down the defs, def lines, and deflist lines there (or anything you want in the system) and send me the links in a message. The reason I say make an account is so you can delete it later.
    Fyrren
  • ErebosErebos Right there! Oh you missed him!
    How's this coming?

• AedenAeden Missouri
    I've been looking into pk/hunting systems for mudlet that are available, if any knows of any that an newbie Archivist can use and I guess try to tweak/modify it with very limited coding ability.
  • Aeden said:

I've been looking into pk/hunting systems for mudlet that are available, if any knows of any that an newbie Archivist can use and I guess try to tweak/modify it with very limited coding ability.

I don't have an offense for archivist, but I can post my auto-basher. You might be able to get Project Source 1.4 by messaging someone like @Aoi or @Rhyot.
    Aeden
  • Is there a download link to the most updated version? I'm also on Mudlet 3