MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Lait said:

No GMO: Yeah, we get it. You're afraid of modern technology that helps keep millions of people from starving through engineering crops that are resistant to disease and more efficient in their use of energy. Never mind the fact that human being have been manipulating the genetic qualities of plants for thousands of years through basic agriculture; when "scientists" do it through "artificial" means, it's somehow bad for you, right?

Sorry for the double post but that's also not entirely correct. Selective breeding to enhance traits you want and reduce traits you don't want is different than putting in genes something never had to begin with. I still think it's awesome we can put genes from fish into tomatoes so that they are more cold hearty, but that doesn't mean there won't be longer term effects that are unforeseeable. I first saw that opinion from Neil Tyson, who does awesome presentations about space and science, but he's not a biologist.
    Emelle
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Man when are we gunna get strawberries the size of apples and apples the size of watermelons doe
  • ZailaZaila Pacific Time

Just skip the middle man.
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    those seeds would be horrifying
    Zaila
  • Soon, the Little Shop of Horrors will be a real thing to fear and not just a movie....

Gods have mercy on us all.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I have nothing against the GMO concept, personally. As far as I'm concerned, it's just an expedited form of selective breeding, which humans have been doing for thousands of years already. What I don't like is how Monsanto abuses their patents on the seeds here in the US. I also got really annoyed recently at hearing about certain plants (maybe rice?) that were specifically engineered for third world countries to be able to have higher crop yields to help farmers in those countries. The seeds were more expensive, but the cost was supposed to be offset by the fact that they could eat/sell more. In reality, the new seeds ended up being harder to grow, and many of the farmers couldn't keep up with the inflated prices. If the goal behind the modification is to help people, it shouldn't be doing the exact opposite, IMO.
    Draiman
  • CorynCoryn Spokane, Wa
    I got locked out because I entered my password wrong several times. I even wrote it in notepad and copy pasted it correctly. >:[
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    I've learned that I probably would not survive going "off grid". My kid demands to watch Wild Kratts. Not having power for 3 days means devices were deader than dead before we went to bed the first night.

It was really fun bouncing between libraries and people's houses being a vampire and sucking their electricity into my devices to keep them going.

Oh wait, it really wasn't. At least I have power now. Who wants to play something while I procrastinate cleaning up after that storm?
  • ARGH! I was 15th place in slither.io and got fucking greedy and died! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

Haven
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Zsadist said:
    ARGH! I was 15th place in slither.io and got unicorns greedy and died! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..
    I play this almost everyday. I feel your pain man. I can make it to the top of the leaderboard usually no problem but staying there....the greed compels thee!

A good tactic to get to the top is head toward the middle and play like you got nothing to lose until you're around 4-6k in points/size. Then flee and bully people in the outter rim.

What name do you usually run? Maybe we'll cross paths.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • edited July 2016
    Haven said:

I play this almost everyday. I feel your pain man. I can make it to the top of the leaderboard usually no problem but staying there....the greed compels thee!

A good tactic to get to the top is head toward the middle and play like you got nothing to lose until you're around 4-6k in points/size. Then flee and bully people in the outter rim.

What name do you usually run? Maybe we'll cross paths.

I usually run with the name Z or Zsadist. Most of the time I play as Zsadist. I found running the rim and then getting the stragglers works best.

• LaitLait Ohio
    edited July 2016
    Here's what I'm mad about today. According to one of my clans it's "s----y behaviour" and "being a dick" to direcall people with ylem aura/bounties and kill them. Because, you know, PKing people who voluntarily choose to become open PK due to their aggressive actions is "inconsiderate of others."
    Art by @Phoenecia! Full image available here!
    ZailaAtrapoema
  • Hey, welcome to Aetolia. Where people want to be badass without being badass.
    Atrapoema
  • Lait said:

Here's what I'm mad about today. According to one of my clans it's "s----y behaviour" and "being a unicorns" to direcall people with ylem aura/bounties and kill them. Because, you know, PKing people who voluntarily choose to become open PK due to their aggressive actions is "inconsiderate of others."

That's not what they were arguing. You were completely misunderstanding them and ignoring what they were saying. It's probably best if you drop it, though, since you're still not parsing it.

Rashar was only exacerbating the matter by inserting the "people want to be a badass" rhetoric when it didn't belong in the conversation taking place, as well.
  • I don't think its shitty behavior at all. If you're open PK, you're open PK. Point blank, end of story. Granted, I love/hate fighting you, but if I was open PK, I'm not going to bitch about it (much TM) because hey, open pk.

Just tell them to fuck off and either pk with you or shut up.

• I think the same point that @lait is trying to be make can be made towards the argument that you and @missari have made, bro. Namely, that just because you don't feel like RPing it right now doesn't mean it's not valid.

@missari wants shop theft to be okay. You're all very eager to boast about how much pleasure you got from stealing RL money from RL players (and then wondering why nobody plays this game anymore). Alright. Sure.

I want it to be okay for me to behead anyone that talks shit ICly, because that makes sense.

Except all of the sudden, it's not.

Atrapoema
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    We're not supposed to talk about Aetolia stuff for this exact reason. Can we stop before the thread gets closed plissss.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    ZsadistZailaEmelleSolariaNolaSaturnineTeani
  • Rashar said:

I think the same point that @lait is trying to be make can be made towards the argument that you and @missari have made, bro. Namely, that just because you don't feel like RPing it right now doesn't mean it's not valid.

@missari wants shop theft to be okay. You're all very eager to boast about how much pleasure you got from stealing RL money from RL players (and then wondering why nobody plays this game anymore). Alright. Sure.

I want it to be okay for me to behead anyone that talks unicorns ICly, because that makes sense.

Except all of the sudden, it's not.

A: I've never stolen RL money from anyone. I've stolen IG items procured with IG gold. That's not why people don't play this game, though, so don't be a unicorn.

B: Go ahead and stomp people into the dirt for talking smack IC. It's a perfectly valid reason. I know I did it plenty when I was an active PKer. I never said you or anyone else couldn't or that it was somehow an invalid reason for PK. You're creating a narrative that doesn't exist, you may want to calm down and pay attention to what people are actually saying.

C: Again, that's not what certain people were arguing. They were saying that it's crappy behaviour to REPEATEDLY direcall COMPLETELY UNINVOLVED PEOPLE away from whatever they happen to be doing in order to get that ONE PERSON with aura/PK reason. Things like this are going to happen in the game, it's a given, and it's not against the rules of the game to do this. By all means, if you want to direcall random players away from bashing and RPing and confuse them all for that one person you have valid reason against, go ahead. That doesn't make it any less crappy to do, though, and that's the crux of the issue, not that people are PKing people with valid reason. Now stop being tits.
  • A) Anyone who robs shops or supports someone who robs shops has stolen RL money from someone, and probably pointed them towards the door of IRE games. Period. I know -far- more poeple that have quit because of being robbed than I do people that have been PK'd. And waaaaay more people get PK'd. Sorry if that doesn't equate to your lol.shits.gigs.

B) Okay. I could argue your point, but I won't. Well taken.

C) That may be what the argument started over, but is most certainly not what it ended with. Let's please not be holier than thou here, yeah?
    Atrapoema
  • And I'd do it again too!
    Fezzix
  • Alright, fancy mod colors coming out. Knock it off guys. Take it to a (civil) thread about what warrants PK or something if you'd like, but this isn't the place for it.
    SolariaSaturnine
  • I DEMAND SATISFACTION!
  • edited July 2016
    @Haven:

THE FUCKING LITTLE ONES!!!!!!

https://snag.gy/ncxzLb.jpg

Additionally, I hate it when my computer lags because AVG is a piece of shit and spikes my CPU usage to 99% which causes slither to freeze up and then I die because I ran into some jerk off. :(

Haven
  • Okay after sleeping on it - or letting the tequila wear off - I just want to publicly apologize to @atrapoema.

I still think my argument is valid, but I approached that the wrong way and really only jumped on you because I was irritated about the related in-game conversation.

That was my bad.
    EmelleNola
  • First maddening:

My dog is an absolute fucking moron (or a brilliant genius, I have fucking decided which)!!!!! He's a god damned escape artist too. Somehow the door was not completely closed (read the latch merely wasn't clicked in apparently) and he fucking jarred it open and proceeded to run away. After getting banged up, running around barefoot on cement/concrete/stickers/sticks/rocks, and asking a few fellow apartment livees, found out he ran across the FUCKING STREET!

5 minutes later of driving around at unsafe speeds that a little Fiesta should NOT be accelerating at, let alone breaking at for powerdrifts, I finally found my dog IN the mall parking lot, on the backside, NEAR THE FUCKING HIGHWAY!

I'm pissed off he ran away, but at the same time super thankful that none of the city drivers hit my dog, snatch him up, and that he didn't run onto the highway. So... good and bad.

Second maddening:

Who the fuck approves designs and what sort of mind do they have.

"Customization 269 for X was rejected for the following reason: Some errors you need to fix. "lie" in the dropped should be "lies". "alot" in the examined should be "a lot"."

A pair of black leather gloves lie here IS CORRECT. You will NEVER say "A pair of black leather gloves lies here." Its a double plural 's' subjunctive. You don't DO THAT. And if you ever did say that in front of someone, you're probably gonna get looked at like you're weird. Now, I'm not a grammar nazi by any means, but I do like to write stories from time to time and I would NEVER use the double plural subjunctive, it just sounds fucking weird!

So god damn close to getting my gloves and its rejected for a stupid reason! ARGH!

Atrapoema
  • NEVER go full double plural subjunctive. Everybody knows that.
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    I got baited into coming back to Aetolia cause there was lots of PK going on or something. Now I guess everyone is on holiday and I'm just running around feeding an egg. -_-
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

SerriceIrae
  • No kidding though, feels like a ghost town!
  • Draiman said:

I got baited into coming back to Aetolia cause there was lots of PK going on or something. Now I guess everyone is on holiday and I'm just running around feeding an egg. -_-

It's holiday but I assure you with the Celebration of the Stars hitting, everything is probably going to be peacefulish until after. That said, cities FFA, champion 2v2v2v2, and stuff happening which should be fun!