Short Questions

Comments

• Why don't the latest Celani have HONORS files? I wanna get the dirt!
    EmelleTrager
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    http://i.imgur.com/PenwXfO.mp4

is this how they cook chicken in the pools?
    Teani
  • AnteheAntehe Immortal
    @Jensen - yes, but we don't let Razmael cook.
    JensenSilenaTeani
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    edited July 2016
    What are the chances of event 135 not being completely and totally cancerous? It's labeled as a 2v2v2v2 but we all know deep down how it's going to turn out.

Probably just going to watch and say 'told you so' at the end.

Edit: For that matter, event 124 as well.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

Rashar
  • LaitLait Ohio
    edited July 2016
    Standing five feet tall, this aetherstaff is perpetually coated with a layer of hazy hoarfrost,
    though it is only slightly cool to the touch. It manifests itself as a straight shaft of fine-
    grained wood, upon which a faceted crystal of pure elemental ice has been affixed. A spark of light
    shines from within the ice crystal's depths, providing a faint, cool illumination to its immediate
    surroundings. The opposite end of the staff terminates in a flat cap of silvery metal, etched with
    an elegant scrollwork design. Like little snowflakes, ethereal motes of icy frost float lazily down
    from the whole length of the staff, winking in and out of existence seemingly at random.
    It is an Ankyrean artifact, enchanted with the following powers:

It has 0 weeks of usefulness left.
    It weighs about 10 pound(s).
    It bears the distinctive mark of Knight-Aspirant Lait Sharma.

Art by @Phoenecia! Full image available here!
    Rashar
  • With the new changes to gold, are the Vortex merchandise items going to change in pricing as well? If not, can it be looked at getting changed to become more in line with the new gold changes? I think 7-10k would be a new suitable cost for it.

Cause right now, its still 25k gold for the glass orb of essence and it take a fair bit of time to get 25k.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    I can quest up 25k in about 30 mins to an hour.

Take that into account.

AtrapoemaSolariaRashar
  • I can bash up to 25k in 3 hours. What's your point?

The costs for the Vortex items were made when gold was in super abundance and you could make 25k in 5-10 minutes. I'm not saying its a bad thing for them to remain at 25k gold, just asking if they were going to get adjusted.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• I find it hard to believe anything is going to be adjusted. Especially considering so many people are commenting about lack of gold sinks, yaknow?

Kind of hard to argue for both.
    AtrapoemaSolaria
  • It was just a wishful question on my part. I agree with the lack of goldsinks, but I'm greedy and would like the most bang for my gold. That's all.

Note: Its not like anyone but me and maybe a few others bash the Vortex anyway. So not a huge issue if its changed or not.

• SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    I imagine the prices are to make people have to work to earn the items so there is some rarity to them, not just everyone has all the things. That's why anything is priced higher in a game like this. Well, actually, that can be said for a great number of things IRL.

• SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    My point is that if I can make gold at 3-6x the rate you do, your reasoning for having prices lowered for certain items disappears. We don't balance prices around newbies ratting, we shouldn't balance prices around your inefficient hunting.

AtrapoemaSolaria
  • @Serrice, lets make something ABSOLUTELY PERFECTLY clear here. I do not bash for gold. I bash for xp. I have a goal to get to 200. So my rate of bashing for 25k can be significantly quicker than 3 hours if I chose to do so. Its not hard.

However, like I said before... it was a WISHFUL question. Because not everybody is Z, or Serrice, or Trikal and can make the gold we can. That said, it was already agreed that is was not likely to get changed, even if -I- personally would like it too (again, I'm a little greedy).

• I hated bashing for gold.

I hate questing to the point that, if I ever run out of gold, I'll probably just quit playing.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

XeniaErzsebet
  • I absolutely hate bashing and questing, so I just sell credits when I want gold.
    Rashar
  • That moment guild novices ask you how to get gold and you're like, 'Well. You can kill vermin, that's very lucrative for a young feller! Or you can, you know. Buy credits and sell them for slightly below market value.'
    Xenia
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    I kinda want sect wins to start giving out money cause I'm down to 45k on person (wtf @Keroc did you up pact prices??) and 750k in the bank. I'm like Toz, if I go broke, I'll likely take a break while interest racks up >.>
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

Xenia
  • I will personally pay 50k to anyone who actively fights and needs gold to do so.
  • I totally fight and need gold to do so. Promise.
  • IraeIrae Six feet under.
    Recently returning from like a year-long absence. Am I just imagining things, or did WolfForm in the Corpus skillset (I'm a Nightstalker) change? Last I remember it had a visible effect on your description as well as how your emotes looked ("A black wolf does blah" or something similar).
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Does anyone know how to use semicolons in the bar in mudlet? My lack of being able to use them in emotes/crafting/pretending to weep is killing my soul. ;;
  • Preferences -> Input Line -> Command Separator -> Change this to something other than ; . I use ;; , and just separate my commands server-side with CONFIG SEPARATOR | .
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I fear that would require me to go through the entire system and make changes though. In zmud I could just cancel it out in the actual input bar and it would send it. I was hoping there was some madjick like that I was missing. Oh well, thanks @Lait.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I guess you could pull up your system txt file in notepad and just change all instances of ; to something else if you're using it in aliases and stuff that seems like such a weird way to have done it in the first place. I don't know how wonky that would turn out tho so probably do it with a backup copy not your main thing >_>
    Missari
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    Is there a way to force-update gmcp.IRE.Rift.List?
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

Zsadist
  • edited July 2016
    So I mis-clicked and am now hiding the tech talk threads, how do I undo this? ;-;

Edit: I totally only asked this so that I would find the answer on my own.

For anyone curious: on the left side of the forums there's a "filter" option, just click the "all categories" link and it'll show back up and you can unhide it the same way you hid it.
  • CorynCoryn Spokane, Wa
    edited July 2016
    @Trager: A day late, but I'm guessing sendGMCP(IRE.Rift.Request {})? Or maybe just sendGMCP(IRE.Rift.List {}) I'unno, I'm just now learning how to do GMCP.
  • Trager said:

Is there a way to force-update gmcp.IRE.Rift.List?

Also late, but sendGMCP("IRE.Rift.Request").
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    @Irae Doesn't change your description anymore apparently. Suspect that may be a bug.

But it shows 'Erzsebet is here' rather than 'A black wolf is here' for combative/targeting purposes and uses your name in emotes rather than 'a black wolf'.
    imageimage
    Irae
  • @Razmael, @Keroc, @Hadrak, @Adminteam,

Is it possible to make the different sections of the Artifact Cart on the website collapsable/expandable?