Phoenecia Sinclair

PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of EsterportSomewhere in Attica
So after a few years, things have come full circle - Phoe's in a guild and city again, and has regained a lot of old qualities she had way back near when I first began playing her. Been meaning to get out and interact with more people, but for those of you I have interacted with lately, however brief the interaction was, I'd like to know what you guys think.

And before anyone complains about how long it takes for me to emote, I get easily distracted, so I get up and walk around a lot. Just kind of an excuse/explanation for that. >.>
Fyrren

Comments

• Or you go and make desserts. Then brag about them. Jerk.

As somebody that roleplays with you often, and like I posted last time. You are amazing, I don't even mind the waiting for emotes, because they're always awesome, great imagery and very narrative. I've been trying to copy you lately, and I find myself often going..Ooh..she did emote (blah blah) to precede..I'm gonna do that too..no wait..have to do that after she does one not like that.. It's weird, and I'm neurotic. Also love that you're keeping up with the memory loss thing in little quirks, because I forget about it, and then Phoe reacts in such a way that brings it back to mind.
    Haven
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Phoenecia is pretty cool. While I haven't RP'd with you lately, I'd say the character is one of the more consistently real ones in Aetolia. I like her angry flares and almost elitist attitude (lol, almost). It's fun watching her interacting with others and how she portrays herself to the city at large.

As for the player, you already know I like your whimsical writing style.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • Phoenny has become one of my go-to people for quality RP, even if it's just idle conversation. Her emotes are solid, not overly detailed and add a realistic quality to the (antennaed fairy) character...and each time it challenges me to get on the ball and keep pace. I've noticed a distinctive change (for the better) in character since Rivas and Phoe first became friends years ago...much more laid back, great sense of humor, all that noise.

Now if I could just figure out when she's flirting and when she's not, life would be so much easier...

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

• BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    I'm coming for you* (at some point)

*for rpz
  • The above post, combined with the above signature picture, is SUPER creepy.

Just saying.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

ArbreErzsebet
  • For the few times that Kale has met Phoenecia, I can say she's a bit afraid of her. Not sure if that's on purpose or not. 
    In terms of the RP, I've heard great things, and am sure that with time Kale would overcome her fear and everything. 

Phoenecia
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    Bumpity bump.

So I'm at a bit of a crossroads and wondering what to change about my RP, if anything, and what to keep the same since I'm kind of worried about her lapsing back into her old, bitter, grumpy self - especially lately. Regardless of how short or long the interaction or the nature of the interaction, I wanna hear feedback.

Also, any critiques on my emoting (aside from my emote speed; yes, I know I'm still slow >_>) in addition to feedback on RP is appreciated.
    Shameless bump. >_>

It's been a while, and I think I've gotten to interact with some new people in that time. Just curious to see how I'm doing.
  • I could pretty much echo the things you said in my own self-affirmation. Phoenecia and Katszia could be the best of friends (yikes), if they weren't busy being mortal enemies. There's always this amazing tension when the two of them get together to actually talk. It's like those moments in movies where you see the two women smiling over a cup of tea and seeming amiable while thinking to themselves, "Do me a favor, and choke on it." while saying aloud, "I completely understand you, it's nice to feel like someone gets it." I'm pretty sure there hasn't been a single genuine moment between the both of them since they met, at least not entirely. But the RP is great when it happens (uh, except that one time we'll sweep under the rug yah?) and I feel like I actually get as much detail from you as I try to put in my own emotes.

Now if only Phoe had a "steam release" valve someone could press when she gets pissed... >.> Just saying
    I think an appropriate term would be 'frenemies'? XD

And yeah, I've noticed the little undercurrents of hostility and tension whenever they talk, and it's kind of funny. Sometimes I half expect them to snap and start strangling each other or pulling hair. They might become friends at some point, but it'll probably take a long time.

And it does feel like they do have some semi-genuine moments, but at the same time, they'd probably still be more than happy to stab each other in the back if the opportunity came up. Either way, I've been having fun now that Phoe finally has a rival.
    Katszia
    Bumping this since I've been back for a bit now and been interacting with more people. 
    Been a while, and been interacting with a lot of new people, so I thought I'd give this a bump. Have at it.
  • Huh. She's interesting, really. In all honesty, Xan's first, real interaction with her occurred out of sheer dumb drinking. But every so often he seems to gravitate back to her. Their date in the Black Flagon was...interesting, too. Showed a side of him that rarely is exhibited. I think Phoe can be really superfluous one moment, very...surface-level, and the next really show some depth that invites a desire to dig and figure out what her story is. There's always a second layer to the history she tells, and it intrigues Xan
  • KodazaKodaza Los Angeles
    Somehow Phoenecia's become one of the most important people in Kodaza's life. They're still very different, but in a way where they respect each other's differences, and Kodaza hopes that reflects well on Enorian and the Light compared to what Phoe might be used to.

Really, by having no obligation to talk to each other beyond the friendship they formed in the right place at the right time, Kodie's learned more about who she is and who she wants to be from talking with Phoenecia than she has by doing anything else. Even when Phoe says something she disagrees with, it only sharpens and confirms her own feelings, while at the same time allowing her to practice her tolerance.

Kodaza asked for her job at the Rose to give her a place to practice virtue, to learn humility through doing meager chores and refusing to be paid. It hasn't worked out that way at all, as it turns out! But by Phoenecia giving her chances to trust, learn, and respect, Kodie feels like she's growing in her faith all the same. If she ever finds success later in life after becoming more mature, she'll always think of Phoe as a driving influence behind that.

Sorry for the mini-essay, but there's a lot to work with!

• Phoenecia's pretty awesome. Paz and Phoe are in kind of weird spot. They're friends, but there are both a lot of similarities and couple major differences in their ideals. Makes for some interesting interactions. Paz has been kind of probing around to learn more as they've met. Its been a lot of fun, and still so much more for them to learn from and about each other. Also there is the whole looming practice sessions. :P Anyway, its been a blast so far and looking forward to more.
    By the divine might of Omei, you are restored to life.
    Omei gives the corpse of a headless cadaver to you.
    Omei offers you a quick wink.

• RhoynnRhoynn Hartford
    edited January 2017
    I can say more, later, when I have the space and time and I'm not....in such a bad headspace at work. But, Rhoynn wards himself with Phoe. She's really intriguing, and every hint of depth she shows him is met with a lot of interest. Whereas he is constantly, almost unabashedly open, he's always careful to try and parse out when she is, and isn't being sincere, and how best to approach her. He took a really wide berth in treating her the way he does, since she was such an unknown variable in his life.

I think that's the best way to put her, too. To him, she's an unknown variable, whose value is constantly changing. She's a pattern unto herself, something to be observed as much as it is something to sink his (Metaphorical) teeth into and try and decipher in that way only he goes about things. She's absolutely brilliant in creating these moments where she reveals just how similar she is (Or, in most cases, was) to him, putting him sometimes at ease, other times on his toes or on edge. Sometimes she borders on mothering or placating, and he doesn't know how to respond to that either, since, yes, she's far older than him, and yet she has such a youthful air about her.

He has a strong fondness for her, though he's still trying to figure her out. There are moments where he'd like nothing more than to tear his own hair out because of her, and others where he's glad he can turn to her for any number of reasons.

In short, she's multi-faceted, fluid, sometimes duplicitous, and all around fascinating. *thumbsup!*
  • One of my first real instances of RP in Aetolia was walking into the Azure Rose and getting Phoe and Koda to help dress and dye all of Jaymi's clothes. What could've been bland and quick ended up taking like... an hour or more and was super fun. I'm not even that into fashion (I like my sweaters and jeans), and honestly picked some weird things just to see what they'd do, and they rolled with it. Phoe's great, even if she scares the skirt off Jaymi.

• SigmundSigmund The highest spire in Spinesreach
    Sigmund and Phoenecia have only interacted briefly. And quickly for that matter. The event between the two did bring the two of them into contact however, and I'll admit, Sigmund had no idea what to expect, and regardless of how civil/formal the Spirean is, I feel that the engagement between him and her ended the way it was meant to.

More interaction in the future, provided it's legitimate in it's prompt and basis, would be worth engaging upon.

Thanks for the RP.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Ah, Puppeteer! Where do I start?

Phoenecia is great! I was pleasantly surprised with how she's become a crucial part of Haven's support system over the years. She's always been there for him in her own weird way. Even when they were at odds and didn't get along. There was always this underlying measure of respect.

Your writing has changed a lot though since I was last around. I don't see the whimsical style in your writing so much any more. Not that it's a bad thing. You've always had a kind of "less is more" approach but this time I feel like there's an added emphasis on precision. I'm not sure if I'm properly describing it but I still enjoy it regardless.

You've always been good fun to roleplay with be it for idle conversation or otherwise. I think Rivas described you best above and I'm hoping my project I've got planned for our characters takes off and gives us an opportunity to RP more together.

¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • Lycurgus the WayfarerLycurgus the Wayfarer The road that goes ever on
    About as close to a Guild or City leader that Lycurgus has. Polite, friendly, and to the point. Hardly beats around the bush and leaves Lycurgus to his own devices and work. Look forward to moar interactions! :3
  • @Phoenecia, with all the rough patches we seem to have given a rocky history, I admittedly have a lot of respect for you, and I really really do look forward to having more interactions with you. You are a brilliant roleplayer and definitely a challenge. I loved our interaction before it got a bit out of hand, but I really enjoyed chatting with you the player. I can't wait to really get to know the Phoe everyone adores!
    I am not a morning inside four walls. I am the hurricane setting fire to the forests at night when no one else is alive or awake. I live in my own flames sometimes burning too bright -too wild to make things last and so I run. Far and wide until my bones ache and lungs burn..and it feels good.
    Do you hear that?
    It feels good, it feels good because I am both the slave and the ruler of my own body and I wish to do with it exactly as I please
  • AeryxAeryx Docking Nipsy's pay
    I figure I should repay the favor and post something here. Aeryx and Phoenecia had a rocky start, with him making a rather rude political post about her in his foolish attempt to contest Giliand for Herald. In any case, I had him apologize to her later, and they've been friends ever since. Getting on Phoenecia's bad side is something you don't want to do, as she can be rather vengeful. When you're on her good side, its certainly great though! She's full of cuteness and knowledge and some wisdom. One of the most helpful people I've met in regards to helping answer questions about Farming and Provisioning. Despite the bad rap she gets sometimes as a player(which I feel is pretty overblown), I do not regret choosing to interact with her when I do, both in and and out of the game. A true diamond, beautiful, but razor sharp!
    Childhood's over the moment you know you're gonna die.
    Phoenecia
    Been a while, so figure I might give this a bump. If you've interacted with Phoe recently, let me know what you think! 
    Giving this another nudge since I've been RPing at some more people lately, and a fair bit has changed. 
  • I'll chime in! It's obvious from the start that Phoenecia, the character, has a wealth of history and is a role you're very comfortable with playing - not to mention you're just so dang good at it! Taken at face value, you portray a refined character that exudes experience, knowledge, know-how and taste. Your grasp on crafting, and how I've seen it used inside of Phoenecia's roleplay was something I admired, and I was left with the vague impression of just how much of a part it plays in Phoenecia's life. It all comes across very well executed.

If I might be so bold, I would absolutely love to have more interactions with Phoenecia in the future. My only hesitation comes from the the three experiences that we have had thus far; all of them somehow turning into an OOC discussion where I strongly believe it was not needed. I would love to continue writing these great little scenes with your involvement, without that shift away from the actual roleplay.

Kudos to you!
    StigandrSryaenPhoeneciaEoros
  • She's pretty cool. Made Stigandr his first longsword free of charge. Sells a lot of cool stuff to, has a wealth of different shop products for Stigandr to horde.
    Sryaen
  • WHERE TO START.

Sryaen really likes Phoenecia. I hadn't really expected them to hit it off so quickly, but I'm really pleasantly surprised at how their relationship has progressed. Phoe is so easy to RP with. She's very down-to-earth and interacting with her seems as normal as chatting with an old friend that you haven't seen in a few years but you don't skip a beat and pick up right where you left off. So it has a very authentic and normal feel to it. Phoe has been a strong presence in Sry's new life path and was really one of the only people who reached out to interact with him when he switched sides (again).

Phoenecia is like, the epitome of a self-made woman. She's been in and out of guilds and orgs on the Spirit side, but has no problem living her own life and just chugging along even if she doesn't necessarily have a home within a city or a guild. She's industrious. Talk about being a larger than life shopkeeper and crafter, wow. I am seriously impressed at the range of talents that Phoenecia has at her disposal. She's accomplished and amassed a fortune in her shrewd business dealings, but she isn't one to rest on her laurels. She's ALWAYS doing something, tackling the next project and staying busy. And what I find to be Phoe's best trait is that no matter how busy she may be with anything, she will always make time for someone new to interact with and go out of her way to do small gestures to show that she'd like to continue engaging. Phoe is definitely a giver and when she cares for someone, she really feels with her whole being.

So far, Sry has really only seen the cheerful, friendly and bubbly side of Phoe. But I would really like to see if there's more beneath the surface, maybe some skeletons in her closet. I have a feeling Sryaen wouldn't flinch at the idea of finding out Phoe has some darkness of her own that she tucks away. Hell, he might come to like Phoe even more because of it.

Tell me how I'm doing!
    (Web): Mileta says, "Okay... Sry is an edgelord..."

(Web): Dreww says, "Sryaen just wants to be the best Dhar boi and slaughter everyone."
    Phoenecia
  • We haven't RP'd, but I just wanna say some of your designs are epic