New Shaman Concept

2»

Comments

• IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    Toz said:

Illidan said:

Toz said:

...I also feel like strangle route is sort of braindead. Lash lash lash lash lash, counted to 5, strangle? Ehhh. Maybe as a thing to threaten so they HAVE to pull, but not something you work towards. Make it a noobcheck instead of an end-game?

I'd rather not add more noobchecks to the class that is the textbook definition of a noobcheck class. Omen is presently the most reliable way to kill someone, and as i've stated before, people really don't have to die to it if they don't want to.
    My issue with it currently is that it's not a noobcheck, it's an arti check. And those are gross.
    Take away the arties, it becomes a noobcheck.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    @Illidan

To drop a response since you tagged me, if you want to try and make big changes to your class then you need to actively participate in either Sect (for 1v1 changes) or Foci (for team fight changes). This is the first step. I personally try to avoid making changes based on what I call 'head theory' regardless if you're right or wrong. It's up the people who are actively involved in the game to make those kinds of pushes.
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    edited July 2016
    Keroc said:

@Illidan

To drop a response since you tagged me, if you want to try and make big changes to your class then you need to actively participate in either Sect (for 1v1 changes) or Foci (for team fight changes). This is the first step. I personally try to avoid making changes based on what I call 'head theory' regardless if you're right or wrong. It's up the people who are actively involved in the game to make those kinds of pushes.

I'm gonna say this with as respectfully and nonbutthurtfully (yes I made up a word) as I can. Firstly:

Illidan Aresti-Te'Straif
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    General:
    He is 250 years old.
    He has reigned as the Champion of Delos for 2 terms.
    He triumphed in the great Delosian Duel of 385 MA.

I won all 3 of those combat Tournaments as a Shaman. I mained the class nonstop for 2 years, learned all the ins and outs of it, and had arguably the strongest grasp of what the class is capable of and incapable out of any mortal player in the game. I picked it up when nobody else would because nobody wanted to step up to the challenge of learning a new class that seemed too complicated. I also manual my offenses, and I always have. My manual offense was beating the top tier combatants, at the time, who were using fully automated ones. I even beat out the Godhand @Ezalor himself in one of those, albiet, with a small stroke of luck. I think I have at least little bit of room to speak when I say I know what I'm talking about in regards to Shamans.

I do admit, have been out off the game for quite a while now, but I've kept up with liaisons/classlead changes, especially in regards to the class that I so intimately used before I decided to quit playing this game. The only changes that Shamans received relating to the Stranglethorn route have essentially been pointless buffs, and the same circular problem that has existed since the Class' inception is still there. Nothing has been done about it except horrible band-aid fixes if you can even call them that, despite myself and @Macian submitting several reports with all sorts of ideas when I WAS active to try and rectify the situation. Every single report was shot down with reasons ranging from "It's fine" to "Okay it's so bad we have to redo the entire thing."

Another note: There are players in this thread who are active in the game, and the Sect specifically, who all agree with the problem I presented. I could understand if I was trying to make big changes to a class that I've never even touched, but this isn't the case. Your statement is confusing to me sir. I'm right, and I know I'm right in regards to the problem that was presented. While I haven't participated in any fights lately, I've witnessed very recentt fights between @Kheoss @Draiman and @Trager with this mechanic, and it's completely awful.

All throughout this thread, I've been posting sound, level headed, and relevant evidence to support my argument. So please, correct me if I'm wrong. How i'm taking your statement is that despite the fact that I'm right, my opinion has become completely illegitimate due to the simple fact that I haven't participated in PK lately. This makes absolutely no sense to me.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    Illidan said:

Keroc said:

@Illidan

I'm gonna say this with as respectfully and nonbutthurtfully (yes I made up a word) as I can. Firstly:

Illidan Aresti-Te'Straif
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    General:
    He is 250 years old.
    He has reigned as the Champion of Delos for 2 terms.
    He triumphed in the great Delosian Duel of 385 MA.

I won all 3 of those combat Tournaments as a Shaman. I mained the class nonstop for 2 years, learned all the ins and outs of it, and had arguably the strongest grasp of what the class is capable of and incapable out of any mortal player in the game. I picked it up when nobody else would because nobody wanted to step up to the challenge of learning a new class that seemed too complicated. I also manual my offenses, and I always have. My manual offense was beating the top tier combatants, at the time, who were using fully automated ones. I even beat out the Godhand @Ezalor himself in one of those, albiet, with a small stroke of luck. I think I have at least little bit of room to speak when I say I know what I'm talking about in regards to Shamans.

I do admit, have been out off the game for quite a while now, but I've kept up with liaisons/classlead changes, especially in regards to the class that I so intimately used before I decided to quit playing this game. The only changes that Shamans received relating to the Stranglethorn route have essentially been pointless buffs, and the same circular problem that has existed since the Class' inception is still there. Nothing has been done about it except horrible band-aid fixes if you can even call them that, despite myself and @Macian submitting several reports with all sorts of ideas when I WAS active to try and rectify the situation. Every single report was shot down with reasons ranging from "It's fine" to "Okay it's so bad we have to redo the entire thing."

Another note: There are players in this thread who are active in the game, and the Sect specifically, who all agree with the problem I presented. I could understand if I was trying to make big changes to a class that I've never even touched, but this isn't the case. Your statement is confusing to me sir. I'm right, and I know I'm right in regards to the problem that was presented. While I haven't participated in any fights lately, I've witnessed very recentt fights between @Kheoss @Draiman and @Trager with this mechanic, and it's completely awful.

All throughout this thread, I've been posting sound, level headed, and relevant evidence to support my argument. So please, correct me if I'm wrong. How i'm taking your statement is that despite the fact that I'm right, my opinion has become completely illegitimate due to the simple fact that I haven't participated in PK lately. This makes absolutely no sense to me.
    So many little things can change about a class that it would be unfair for me to take the word of someone who has not participated in combat recently. Matchup specific changes, bug fixes, and larger general changes (like the recent movement tweaks) can make a world of difference for classes. I've been balancing Aetolia classes for a long time now and it's very common for old players to misjudge their own class when they've been inactive for long periods. Often there's usually little consideration for how other classes have changed in comparison to theirs and they loose sight of just where exactly their own class stands.

Somewhere a line needs to be drawn and requiring active participation isn't that huge of an ask to keep things relatively fair for everyone involved. It applies to everyone and not just you, so it isn't just me picking on you. If you're serious about wanting to prove that your class needs those changes, then just jump in. There's tons of friendly people around now days that are happy to help and get you up to date with current meta. There are certain things you just don't think about until you're faced with them in a live scenario, it's a problem I have to deal with too as a designer.
    SolariaFezzix