Short Questions

Comments

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    That's.. what she said?
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    I've always found that if you can't fix it with a hammer it's an electrical problem 

• edited June 2016
    uhm..so. As someone who's played IRE games for almost 12 years now, and had a lot of time here in Aetolia about a decade ago, and having seen those credits being sold for 64k.. I have to question: Who put them there, and if they no longer play, why are they still for sale? Would the admin be able to either A. remove them, or B. fix the pricing a bit to try and give the credit side of the economy a bit of a needed boost?

edit: When I say "I've seen those credits priced for 64k, I mean, I saw then 10 years ago for that same price"
    The rushing sound of waves breaking upon a shore fills your mind as Slyphe imparts to you, "Meltas is a bit..special sometimes..."
  • Those credits don't affect anything at all, except your eyeballs seeing them when you check the market.
    ErzsebetXandrenSolariaJensenAtrapoemaSaturnine
  • Missari said:

Those credits don't affect anything at all, except your eyeballs seeing them when you check the market.

I do have a response, but the core of it is, "I politely disagree", but if you wish to read the entire response can be found over in the gold changes thread, where its long-winded idea-ness belongs instead of here in the "short questions" thread
    The rushing sound of waves breaking upon a shore fills your mind as Slyphe imparts to you, "Meltas is a bit..special sometimes..."
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Credit market is 100% us, they don't touch or modify it since they came from a person's actual money at some point.
    SolariaAtrapoema
  • In Imperian you can trade 3 tokens of the creator (promo items like iron coins) for a Free Item Token that lets you create one custom, non-functional item of your choosing for roleplay purposes. I was wondering if there was anything like that in Aetolia?
    Art by @Phoenecia! Full image available here!
  • AnteheAntehe Immortal
    There is not as of yet, though you can change the item type on credit-customized items for increased cost (such as turning the mailing pigeon into a very...very sturdy butterfly, or your gem of cloaking into a glob of cloaking).
  • You can customize items for a price. HELP CUSTOMIZATION.
  • LaitLait Ohio
    edited July 2016
    Oh, so that's how people get like, coats/helms/rings/etc loaded with lots of artifact powers, by customizing one existing one and then transferring the powers? Brb, making artifact panties.
    KelliaraEmelle
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    @Lait it would not surprise me in the slightest if those existed.
  • edited July 2016
    Lait said:

Oh, so that's how people get like, coats/helms/rings/etc loaded with lots of artifact powers, by customizing one existing one and then transferring the powers? Brb, making artifact panties.

I'm not imagining a pair of Ankyrean Granny Panties. Or the look on Qeddwyn's face when @Lait turns up and asks him to work his magick on them.
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
  • Antehe said:

you can change the item type on credit-customized items for increased cost

Also, does this mean I could customize my Ascendril staff into, say, a scepter, or some similar weapon-like item?

• AnteheAntehe Immortal
    Unlikely, class weapons are in an entirely other realm.
  • Antehe said:

Unlikely, class weapons are in an entirely other realm.

Okay. How about, say, templar weapons with a rune of transformation -- can you use that to change it into a different weapon type? Or do those count as class weapons too?
  • AnteheAntehe Immortal
    Those are class weapons too. You can request additional weapon alternatives to be introduced, though there is no guarantee that they will be (such as falcata and falchion on the same root).
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    God I can't remember who did it but artifact panties have already been done. 
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

RasharTeani
  • @draiman Amberlea

Made loaning noobs her arties funny.
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    Oh god.

Amberlea: "Don't make this weird." - *takes off panties*
    Noob Me: "Uhhhhhh..."
    Amberlea: "Put these on."
    Noob Me: "Uhhhhhh..."
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

RasharZsadistSilenaEmelleTeani
  • TozToz
    edited July 2016
    @Daskalos 's barrel and @Alexina's lace gloves. The barrel was funny, the lace gloves made me feel SO PRETTY.
    EDIT: Or were they ribbon? I dunno, something like that.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    edited July 2016
    Anyone know what's going on with swim following? When I have people following me I lose them whenever I swim -- it seems to have started after I chose the fastswim raceskill, but even when people are pacing it still loses them.

ETA: I'm told the waterwalking enchantment combats this, but I'm still wondering why it's happening. Was it an intentional change to force people to use the enchantment, or is it something broken?
  • Even with waterwalking, Benedicto still lost me when he swam across a river once.
  • edited July 2016
    The leader needs to have Waterwalking. If the leader swims, he will lose everyone following him.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

Kelliara
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I think I've said it before, but I really don't like the changes that were made on movement. -.-

Arbre
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Livin that zephyr life.
  • CorynCoryn Spokane, Wa
    It is an Ankyrean artifact, enchanted with the following powers:
    spirit_anchor zephyr soulbind(3) enhancement(2) magic_protection heal_bonus(2) constitution(2) strength(2) dexterity(2)
    celerity stability

• IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    edited July 2016
    Coryn said:

spirit_anchor zephyr soulbind(3) enhancement(2) magic_protection heal_bonus(2) constitution(2) strength(2) dexterity(2)
    celerity stability

WELL SINCE WE'RE FLEXING:

Heavy fabric, resilient and durable, has been cut and hemmed to create this long robe. The garment
    is sleeveless, and the neckline open and deeply cut in a 'v', intended to be tethered about the
    waist by a belt. Long enough to sweep the floor, the matte garment has become tattered along its
    edges, spots worn thin and threadbare here and there from use and combat. Dark imagery can nearly be
    seen in the weave, accented by stained blood that has soaked into the fibers, though the hints of
    rust blend into the dark as soon as the fell faces and grim scenes become discernible."
    equilibrium_recovery intelligence(2) willpower spirit_anchor protection magic_potence(2) web_evasion
    mana_boon soulbind(3) constitution(2) clarity(3) resolve enhancement(2) heal_bonus(3) ally_expand(2)
    enemy_expand(3) stability critical_chance(2) xpgain(2) sustenance hunt_shapeshifter(1) zephyr
    hunt_monk(1) hunt_shaman(2) heal_mana_bonus(2) mana_regeneration double_mindprints
    enhanced_familiars enhanced_greenfoot durable_walls flight endurance pet_addict overkill_extend

I have a few other doodads here and there.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    Illidan said:

Coryn said:

celerity stability

WELL SINCE WE'RE FLEXING:

Heavy fabric, resilient and durable, has been cut and hemmed to create this long robe. The garment
    is sleeveless, and the neckline open and deeply cut in a 'v', intended to be tethered about the
    waist by a belt. Long enough to sweep the floor, the matte garment has become tattered along its
    edges, spots worn thin and threadbare here and there from use and combat. Dark imagery can nearly be
    seen in the weave, accented by stained blood that has soaked into the fibers, though the hints of
    rust blend into the dark as soon as the fell faces and grim scenes become discernible."
    equilibrium_recovery intelligence(2) willpower spirit_anchor protection magic_potence(2) web_evasion
    mana_boon soulbind(3) constitution(2) clarity(3) resolve enhancement(2) heal_bonus(3) ally_expand(2)
    enemy_expand(3) stability critical_chance(2) xpgain(2) sustenance hunt_shapeshifter(1) zephyr
    hunt_monk(1) hunt_shaman(2) heal_mana_bonus(2) mana_regeneration double_mindprints
    enhanced_familiars enhanced_greenfoot durable_walls flight endurance pet_addict overkill_extend

I have a few other doodads here and there.
    Get on my level!

A beautiful scintilily, in its prime stage of blooming, is encased in a thin layer of blown glass.
    The delicate bloom has petals that pout outward and in the center is a small bead of purple sap that
    glimmers dully in any available light. A mithril cap has been attached to one of the petals and a
    small loop allows this small charm to be worn on a chain or string.
    combined_powers spirit_anchor paired
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

Illikaal
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    This elegant locket has been ingeniously shaped to resemble a female fox, blackest
    obsidian cut in an artful rendition of a vixen sitting on her haunches, chest
    puffed slightly forward and head dipped downwards. Her face, although
    undoubtedly a fox's, possesses some distinctively humanoid features, two of
    which are more pronounced than the others: her large, feminine eyes, ruby
    irises set in eyes of white gold, glance sideways in a very seductive,
    humanlike fashion while her slightly open jaw has been given a very sentient,
    coy smile. Upon closer inspection, a pair of slightly raised and very narrow
    ridges of obsidian hovers above those eyes, representing slender, lightly
    arched eyebrows. Furthermore, a mane of ivory hair that looks more like a
    human's locks than the coat of a vulpine flows freely down along her back,
    contrasting against her dark, obsidian body. The rest of the locket is a very
    lifelike copy of a fox; paws, legs, and tail meticulously crafted to mimic its
    natural counterparts. A delicate silver hatch can be unlocked to open up the
    locket at the side, revealing a hollowed out compartment within the piece of
    jewelry, suitable to store a small keepsake of some sort.
    transparent_sight polymath adaptation clearsight hide_might divining zephyr
    stability handtohand_damage(2) instant_tattoos equilibrium_recovery
    spirit_anchor fracture_alert flight mana_boon durable_walls light
    overkill_extend whitesight

• Noobs. Where are your SLIPPERS OF XON?
    Xenia