Changes to Gold Drops

1235»

Comments

• edited June 2016
    Honestly, I'm not sure whats fucking funnier:

The amount of complaints about gold being too hard to get and nothing to spend gold on (because apparently everyone's a fucking multimillionaire).... or the fact that people are charging 10k gold apiece for credits/coins when said gold is so hard to obtain.

Kinda shooting yourself in the foot people, aint ya? LOL.

Credits currently available for purchase:
    5 credits at 10000 gold per credit.
    2 credits at 11000 gold per credit.
    100 credits at 64000 gold per credit.
    Total credits for sale: 107 shown (107 total) (Average sale price: 6753)
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• That isn't really accurate. I would look at the average, which is still higher than what I've seen lately.
    Solaria
  • I would disagree that looking at the average is helpful. Simply because I could put 10 credits up for 1 million apiece as a joke to jack that shit up, which we all know is what the 64k credits are at.

Either way, you are right about the average being higher than it has been.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    The average is of the prices they're actually selling at, I believe. Putting up new credits doesn't change it.
    imageimage
    SolariaEmelle
  • I'm also not really sure what your point is or what you're trying to accomplish, aside from continuing the 'Z is a giant pile of negative' pattern. Which I mean. Congrats?
    Saturnine
  • I don't really see how pointing out that the average price can be skewed is negative.... nor do I see how pointing out how twisted people's words to actions are is also negative. But hey... shows what I know about people's thought processing.

And honestly, if what I'm trying to accomplish eludes you, then maybe you should actually fucking think for a moment instead of going with the 'hate on Z' crowd. But whatever, that's all you buddy.

Saturnine
  • I dunno why you put me in the hate Z crowd. I don't hate you buddy. I just think you need to like every once in a while say something positive about the game and its players on the forums, that way when you say something negative we don't just assume it's you being Eeyore again.

:smiley:
    ZsadistSaturnine
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    I'm going to preface this by saying I'mbreally trying to help you, and that I hope it comes off that way.

People more often than not, do not see your point.  This does not mean your position is correct or incorrect, but what it does mean is that your presentation is flawed.  Before people can decide to agree or disagree with the position you've stated they can already see your supporting arguments are exaggerated to the point of being an absolute, biased, and anecdotal.  To put a bit of a bow on that it is usually all portrayed as vastly negative.   

Some rough examples:

"Nobody logs in anymore" should be "it's seems that fewer players log in, here are some rough numbers at peak log in times"

"The shadow side always gets forgotten" (combat class reworks or liaisons specifically). It's really easy to forget how much revamping has occurred once the luster of it rolls around.  Speak with people submitting the reports, do testing, and then remind people when appropriate that a class isn't completely balanced yet.

And lastly that just because something hasn't happened to you does not mean it doesn't occur be it a single, or ongoing problem, an issue, abuse, or imbalance.  If you say it doesn't happen, it only takes 1 persons log to refute your position.

If you can overcome these things I'm pretty confident people won't just write off your posts.
    EmelleSolariaXandrenIllikaal
  • Zsadist said:

Honestly, I'm not sure whats unicorns funnier:

The amount of complaints about gold being too hard to get and nothing to spend gold on (because apparently everyone's a unicorns multimillionaire).... or the fact that people are charging 10k gold apiece for credits/coins when said gold is so hard to obtain.

Kinda shooting yourself in the foot people, aint ya? LOL.

Credits currently available for purchase:
    5 credits at 10000 gold per credit.
    2 credits at 11000 gold per credit.
    100 credits at 64000 gold per credit.
    Total credits for sale: 107 shown (107 total) (Average sale price: 6753)

Alright, then allow me to clarify my post.

Alot of people are claiming it is difficult to gain gold due to the gold changes. Now, there are just as many people who agree with that claim that are also saying there's nothing to spend gold on. While I personally disagree with the claims of "its hard to get gold" (if you want me to explain why, feel free to ask in game or message), there are more who say its an issue than there are who say there isn't.

If we look at credit prices now ~10k per.. how in the world does that help anything? People already claim gold is hard to obtain, so why put credits at 10k apiece? 11k apiece? We already have an issue with player retention (At best there being 50 people on average at peak hours, most of which are always saying how they dont have artifacts). This doesn't help those who want credits/lessons/artifacts, especially those of beginning players who are just starting out or have a small retirement value.

Now, if we argue that there's nothing to spend gold on, this doesn't help either simple due to the fact that credits on market are limited in nature. Because now all that is being done is inflating the market even higher because people know you have nothing else to spend it on. Sure, gold is generated by the game and there is no real max to it so gold, by nature, is an overinflated currency passed down from player to player. However, charging 10k per doesnt help drain that gold at all, unless there really ISNT a problem with gaining gold and people just think there is.

Yes, I understand that credits are a currency bought with real money, so there is no real limit on how high credits can go. Yes @Rashar is right that looking at the average, can be helpful but it cant be relied on. Its easily changed and broken. However, he's also right that the average price has gone up about 1300 gold since the gold changes.

So I'm not quite sure how I feel about all the complaints considering credit prices are rising. Its either hard to get gold which should mean credit prices should drop, there's little to spend gold on which then splits the gold even more between more player (credit prices should drop with this as well), or (and most likely scenario) people are placing a drastic in game value to a real currency BECAUSE they lack gold.... which is causing the hijacked prices. In the end, we're only hurting ourselves.

To wit, the credit market is drastically arguing against what the vast majority of players are saying. If the credit market is wrong, lets do something to make it properly reflect gold changes and the difficulty of it, even if it means badgering credit sellers to sell at a reasonable rate.

• ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    edited June 2016
    Ultimately, credit-selling folk are going to sell for as much as they can get away with. If they can get away with 10k per, they generally will because the only reason to sell them is to get gold.

But it's the people buying them who determine what they sell for. Example: the 64k credits have been there for ages, because no one in their right mind is going to drop 64k on a single credit.

Enough people are willing to buy at/around the current average for that to be the average. There will remain people like me who won't buy over 5500, but while there are people willing to spend 6-7k, the average will stay there, save for the dips when someone wants to sell a bunch quicker than 7k will allow.

ETA: Er. Just to note, I'm not saying there's nothing wrong with that, just that it's not the sellers we should be badgering, it's the populace that creates the higher averages by buying the overpriced credits.
    imageimage
  • ((moving this conversation from the short questions thread over to here for appropriateness of the topic, sorry @Missari ))
    Missari said:

Those credits don't affect anything at all, except your eyeballs seeing them when you check the market.

Erm. I politely disagree. I would indicate that it wouldn't take very much at all for someone to drive prices up to that height. But it also is..bad for the market in a sense. Can create a false number of credits in the statistics and forging numbers in that area really helps nobody. Sassiness aside though, I can state honestly that they've been there forever, and in a time such as nowadays, would it really hurt for the godmin to either remove them in favor of giving the credit market a revitalizing boost with an insertion of like..500 credits at around 5000 gold? I would indicate the value of pulling out a LOT of gold by doing that, and by doing it by that cheaply, it'd give the market space to put them up at a decent price for those who prefer to buy and resell credits for higher amounts. Even if they were to sell for the current credit price, that's 3,000,000 gold gone from the game and in godmin hands, just like that.
    The rushing sound of waves breaking upon a shore fills your mind as Slyphe imparts to you, "Meltas is a bit..special sometimes..."
    Atrapoema
  • AnteheAntehe Immortal
    The credit market is entirely managed by players, and the administration does not touch it. You, the playing community, determine both availability as well as price by your own supply and demand. The average sale price listed on Credits for Sale is the average of what has actually sold, not what is presently available.
    ZsadistJensenSolariaAtrapoema
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    @Xandren I monitor the credit market daily. People DO put up 100ish credits for prices like 6k or sometimes even less. Just because you check it and see only 10k, that means what's been put up at 6k etc has been bought out really fast. I constantly buy credits and I refuse to buy anything 10k or above, and I generally get them between 6-7k. The average sale price is accurate and worth looking at, so don't get up in arms about the 64k credits - that's something stupid someone did that doesn't actually AFFECT anything.
    Atrapoema
  • edited June 2016
    So one lucky player gets 500 credits for free because they had the gold sitting around, and nothing changes.

10-12 years ago, gold drops didn't exist at all. Herbs cost 60-500 per leaf/root/whatever salves and elixirs were proportionately priced and credits sold for 2.5-5k. The reason there's no "cheap" credits on the market is because players don't need to sell credits to get gold to buy necessities, and whenever credits go up at a reasonable price they're bought out by bashers who have stockpiled millions of gold by the very nature of doing what they were already doing.

Bashing no long takes resources, it provides them, either directly as curatives for undead brewers or indirectly as gold to buy curatives for non-brewers (along with a tidy profit afterwards, since health/analeptic costs 5gp and herbs/slices are 1gp each now.)
    AtrapoemaTragerZsadistXenia