Forum Ideas

Just thought I'd create a thread for features that could be useful for the forums.

1. Ignore thread option
- Some threads are just highly annoying, and yet they get high traffic and so they constantly stay on your screen. Being able to ignore said thread would be quite handy.

2. Ability to sort recent discussions by unread.

3. A back to top button at the bottom of each thread.

4. Ability to ignore users.

5. Bring back collapsing spoiler feature. There's a free add-on posted on vanilla that can be uploaded into plugins.

That's it for now.
DashaKonnornKiyotan

Comments

• AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Forum chat please.
    HavenKiyotanOrisae
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    edited December 2012
    Alexina said:
    Forum chat please.
    Ninja'd.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • An ability to ignore signatures by a particular user.

Not that anyone's signature bothers me. I've just always thought this would be a good thing to have on forums.
    My avatar is not representative of how I or my character look.
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    IRE uses Vanilla forum software. As much as I'm in agreement for more features, if it's not supported by the basic package we're probably not going to get it.
  • Yeah, but we can dream. I was going to edit my post to say that I don't think the admin have very much control over the forums' functionality and features.
    My avatar is not representative of how I or my character look.
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    If possible, please get rid of this absurd character limit. It's harshing my rhymes.
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    AldricArbre
  • Yep @Lin and that's why I created the topic, vanilla is open source, there are hundreds, if not thousands of people out there who have already created numerous add-ons/plugins - most of which are free and quite easy to install. The community itself does an excellent job doing this and on the .ORG site it will even inform you if the add-on has been tested and approved by the creators. 

Spoiler Plugin

Ignore User Plugin

Should also be relatively simple to place a back to top hyperlink in the footer of the forums as well, that's nothing more than placing a single line of code.

As to the rest of the wishlist, agreed with @Camille it doesn't hurt to dream.
    LinNola
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Oh holy crap, I did not konw that.

That is aaaawesome.